• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Lylat is a valuable stage in any stagelist because of its completely unique platform layout. It could honestly be a starter.

The ledges make a lot of people dislike this stage and rarely play on it, which sucks since it's a really, really good stage.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Am I correct in assuming Saffron City and Kongo Jungle aren't in 3.5?

I've only seen screenshots of Hyrule Castle, Metal Cavern, and Dreamland, and the video where the 64 Stages were announced said not all of them were planned for 3.5.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Am I correct in assuming Saffron City and Kongo Jungle aren't in 3.5?

I've only seen screenshots of Hyrule Castle, Metal Cavern, and Dreamland, and the video where the 64 Stages were announced said not all of them were planned for 3.5.
They're in there, just not with redone graphics.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
They were there before, right?
Yes , the stage changes are the following,

All stages
-Collisions have been added to all walled stages (walls that go past the blastzones) to prevent going inside the stage during the new Stamina Mode

Castle Siege
-No longer skips second portion

Distant Planet
-Changed the base model from the SSE to a custom tree trunk, leaving the collisions similar besides the slopes on the walls
-Retextured the platforms to be wooden

Dreamland
-Completely new model, but has the same properties as 3.02

Frigate Orpheon
-Added right ledge to first transformation
-Raised center platform of second transformation

Hanenbow
-Completely redesigned for Turbo Mode

Hyrule Castle
-Completely new model with different collisions and a raised ceiling

Infinite Glacier
-Completely redesigned for semi-competitive play

Jungle Japes
-Indefinitely removed from Project M

Lylat Cruise
-Added left and right wall collisions to the ceiling of the stage just underneath the ledge to make it slightly more lenient to jump from the ledge

Metal Cavern
-Completely new model, but has the same properties as 3.02

Norfair
-Redesigned for competitive play in mind
-2 platform stage with a base the size of Smashville
-The 2 platforms have a desynchronized pattern they follow
-Raised the lava up to match the blast zones
-Blast zones have been slightly shrunk from 3.02 Norfair

Pokémon Stadium 1
-Modified the camera to not zoom out during the transitions

Rumble Falls
-Stage now starts slightly down the waterfall and rises up to the original position in the first minute
-Stage is now 90% of its 3.02 size

Skyloft
-Music titles now appear at beginning of match
-Now has a second music slot (Tal Tal Heights)

Skyworld
-Added left and right wall collisions to the ceiling of the stage just underneath the ledge to make it slightly more lenient for ledgehopping
-Shrunk the base vertically so it’s skinnier
-Fixed the model on the left side of the base to match the right side

Training Room
-Can now spawn items

Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Ghost platforms have been put on a timer. Each comes up every 25 seconds
-White Shy Guys appear, signalling the arrival of ghost platforms.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I hope you're all enjoying 3.5!

Because of the new release, this thread will temporarily be dedicated to stage feedback for 3.5. Individual stage discussions will resume in about a week or so. Let us know what you think about the new and updated stages!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The new stages (Infinite Glacier and Hanenbow) are a lot of fun. IG in particular is very polished in its little details and completely transforms a stage I used to hate. Great job!

Was hoping we'd see an updated PS1 too from your previous work. Better transformations can only add to the fun of it and still keep the stage relevant going forward.

Castle Siege without the 2nd transformation is better in my opinion, so if there is any wavering on the decision to add it back in I would recommend removing it again next release.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I actually really dislike Infinite Glacier, but maybe thats cause I had a lot of fun with Summit.

Castle Siege was much better without the second transformation, and I'm also sad it got replaced by Temple on the first page.

Yoshi's Island Brawl is much better with the white shyguys.

D

Deleted member

I love the cameos on Infinite Glacier. I noticed that the Balloon Fighter (with a custom model and animations!) floats by during the first part, and when the glacier sinks into the water, the Polar Bear is on a tube. Nice touches. I also like that the water is still swimmable, the ground is still ice, and the fish remains. It's like a more simple layout for Summit. And I like that.

I'm also loving what's been done with Hanenbow. That and 75m were probably my least favorite stages in Brawl, and I quite like the new layout for Hanenbow. No weird leaf platforms on the side or gap between the bottom leafs anymore. It's not that big of a change, but it works wonders for making the stage playable.

Is Hanenbow supposed to sound like a staticky mess?
Are you referring to the .BRSTM being glitchy and playing static when it reaches a certain point in the song? If so, it's a pretty simple problem to fix; cut and paste all the Project M files off your card and then back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

shapular

Smash Ace
Are you referring .BRSTM being glitchy and playing static when it reaches a certain point in the song? If so, it's a pretty simple problem to fix; cut and paste all the Project M files off your card and then back on.
Thanks, I'll try this later.

I like new Summit (I liked old Summit too), but the fish still being there is going to get it banned again. ;.; Jigglypuff is amazing on it. Waverests are now a thing (well, more of a thing than they were). It should have been called Summit instead of Infinite Glacier though. New Rumble Falls is perfect. I like the moving background on it. Frigate Orpheon changes are good. In addition to the changes Piford mentioned above, the moving platform on the first part doesn't go higher than the main platform anymore. I like the graphical changes to Metal Cavern, but Dreamland 64 and Hyrule Castle are a little bit too bright and busy. It makes it kind of hard to see. They look good, but fighters don't really stand out enough on them. Hyrule Castle just looks like you guys tried to chuck in as many Zelda things as you could just because you could. It's like, "Hey, look! A sign! Some pots! A magic jar! A Gossip Stone! A door! Kaepora Gaebora!" It's a bit much. (Death Mountain in the background is cool though.)

Is there any particular reason Temple is on page 1? In 3.02 it was where they stuck most of the good competitive stages, so Temple being there is kind of random.

Edit: Forgot to mention, new Distant Planet looks a lot better. Old one was super ugly. I would have gone with making the main platform vines like in Brawl, but tree stump is good too.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
The stages in 3.5 are a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I really like the HD stages and they've made me use a stage I otherwise didn't like (Hyrule Castle), on the other, there are still a few stages that aren't really competitively viable and feel like dead-weight that will probably end up replaced for custom stages. (Shadow Moses Island, Pirate Ship, Flat Zone 2, Pictochat to an extent, and Onett are a few that come to mind) I know that a majority of tournaments focus primarily on the bottom two rows of page 1, but it feels like a missed opportunity to increase the amount of variety that still has competitive flavor.

I both like and hate Infinite Glacier. I love how the stage looks and the layout of it, I don't even mind the water. What I can't stand is the slippery ice that makes everyone feel like Luigi. I get that ice is slippery, but it's frustrating having less control over my character than anywhere else and I probably won't end up playing it as a result.

I've never liked Hanenbow, and the new version is no exception unfortunately. I can't really put my finger on what I don't like, but I just don't find it appealing.

Not a fan of the reversion to Castle Siege. In 3.02, it was pretty playable without it's second stage.

I've never liked Temple and I'm not a big fan of Skyloft. I don't see the point to having them both in the game at all as Skyloft is just a part of Temple turned into a smaller stage. I'd prefer to see one or the other, but not both.

These are just my personal preferences, and despite how seemingly negative they seem, I do still really enjoy 3.5. Looking forward to whatever comes out next.

shapular

Smash Ace
The stages in 3.5 are a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I really like the HD stages and they've made me use a stage I otherwise didn't like (Hyrule Castle), on the other, there are still a few stages that aren't really competitively viable and feel like dead-weight that will probably end up replaced for custom stages. (Shadow Moses Island, Pirate Ship, Flat Zone 2, Pictochat to an extent, and Onett are a few that come to mind) I know that a majority of tournaments focus primarily on the bottom two rows of page 1, but it feels like a missed opportunity to increase the amount of variety that still has competitive flavor.

I both like and hate Infinite Glacier. I love how the stage looks and the layout of it, I don't even mind the water. What I can't stand is the slippery ice that makes everyone feel like Luigi. I get that ice is slippery, but it's frustrating having less control over my character than anywhere else and I probably won't end up playing it as a result.

I've never liked Hanenbow, and the new version is no exception unfortunately. I can't really put my finger on what I don't like, but I just don't find it appealing.

Not a fan of the reversion to Castle Siege. In 3.02, it was pretty playable without it's second stage.

I've never liked Temple and I'm not a big fan of Skyloft. I don't see the point to having them both in the game at all as Skyloft is just a part of Temple turned into a smaller stage. I'd prefer to see one or the other, but not both.

These are just my personal preferences, and despite how seemingly negative they seem, I do still really enjoy 3.5. Looking forward to whatever comes out next.
Pictochat is competitively viable. It's like a better PS1.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Pictochat is competitively viable. It's like a better PS1.
It always felt about the same as PS1 to me, with the winds, the boxes that prevent horizontal movement, the trees getting in the way. Though we had a viable PS in PS2, so I didn't bring that one up.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
First impressions are strong. The HD stages are grand, though I find the star on Dream Land a little distracting. I've heard someone say they mistook it for an actual item. I do miss the feeling of fog N64 textures and background created in Hyrule Castle, but the new textures there are fantastic. I prefer texture to atmosphere by limitation.

Infinite Glacier is pretty sweet. I wouldn't call it competitive, but it has the perfect amount of hazard to keep a friendly match interesting. I love the panel that opens and the fish. Hanenbow is alright. It's one of my least liked stages in Brawl, but you reworked it to be playable.. I just have lingering bias.

Was I mistaken in thinking PS1 was supposed to be updated? I thought somebody made one that mixed viable transformations from both stadiums together..

Last bit of opinion is adding Temple to page 1. It's always felt like a page 2 kind of stage and something like Pictochat or Dracula's should be on page 1 for doubles.

shapular

Smash Ace
First impressions are strong. The HD stages are grand, though I find the star on Dream Land a little distracting. I've heard someone say they mistook it for an actual item. I do miss the feeling of fog N64 textures and background created in Hyrule Castle, but the new textures there are fantastic. I prefer texture to atmosphere by limitation.

Infinite Glacier is pretty sweet. I wouldn't call it competitive, but it has the perfect amount of hazard to keep a friendly match interesting. I love the panel that opens and the fish. Hanenbow is alright. It's one of my least liked stages in Brawl, but you reworked it to be playable.. I just have lingering bias.

Was I mistaken in thinking PS1 was supposed to be updated? I thought somebody made one that mixed viable transformations from both stadiums together..

Last bit of opinion is adding Temple to page 1. It's always felt like a page 2 kind of stage and something like Pictochat or Dracula's should be on page 1 for doubles.
I saw the Warp Star when I was playing earlier, thought, "I'm gonna pick this up and beat the crap out of this CPU," then I walked over to it, pressed A, and realized it was a background element. I guess I'm such a filthy casual that my first thought when I see an item is how I'm going to use it to my advantage instead of, "Items? BANNED!" And Warp Star happens to be one of my favorite items. >.>

I hated Hanenbow too, but you have to at least admit the tree was fun to play with. The new stage is basically a better version of the tree. Speaking of which, I haven't gotten to test this out since my background music on that stage is a bunch of static after 20 seconds, but does the tree still turn red and bloom?

Joe Yale

Smash Rookie
Too lazy to read the whole thread and see if its been mentioned
-but can Distant Planet please be considered a tournament stage now? At the very least, as a counter-pick. It's so perfect.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow: I was fully expecting to hate Hanenbow (since the Brawl version was so terrible) but I was pleasantly surprised that I actually really like the new Hanenbow. It's not competitively viable, obviously, but it's a fun, semi-crazy stage, and it's an amazing stage for turbo mode.

Infinite Glacier: Infinite Glacier is also a fun stage. Again, it's definitely not a legal stage, but it's still a good time. Summit didn't work at all in a Melee environment because of the lack of ledges, dumb gravity crap, and overall jankiness, but Infinite Glacier takes the crazy aspects of Summit and reworks them into a much more functional and enjoyable stage. Nice work on this one.

HD Remakes: The HD remakes are all fantastic. I especially love Dreamland. The new Dreamland is seriously gorgeous.

Yoshi's Island: The updates to Yoshi's Island Brawl are perfect. In particular, the White Shy Guy announcing the appearance of a support ghost (which is on a regular timer) makes the stage SO MUCH BETTER. No longer am I constantly wondering when/where a support ghost will appear, or blindly hoping that a support ghost will catch me when I'm falling. Now, the support ghosts act more like Randall and add depth to the match rather detract from it. This stage should be a permanent counterpick from now on, in my opinion.

Norfair: The new version of Norfair is one of my favorite stages in PM, period. The transformative aspects are subtle and gradual, so the dynamics between the players is both interesting and completely fair. The platforms are never arranged in such a way that mitigates positional advantage or disrupts the flow of the match, and the platform layout changes very, very slowly so that it never messes with the current interaction between the players. I want to see people playing on this stage often in tournament sets.

Frigate Orpheon: I've been wanting changes to Frigate Orpheon since I started playing PM back during 2.5, and it finally happened. The elevator-like platform in the first transformation FINALLY has a grabbable ledge. (This should have been done years ago!) I also noticed that the stage seems to flip upside-down more often and perhaps on a timer. If this is true, then these are excellent changes. Thank you for finally working on Frigate Orpheon, my favorite non-legal stage.

Rumble Falls: The updated Rumble Falls is actually a pretty big improvement, in my opinion. The smaller size definitely makes matches more enjoyable and less campy. (The moving background is a nice touch too.) Actually, it might even have potential to be a legit counterpick stage.

Castle Siege: I noticed that Castle Siege regained its second transformation. This makes sense, in my opinion, since the attempts to make Castle Siege into a competitive stage did not work. The fact is that unless Castle Siege can be made so that it never transforms and only stays on the first transformation, then the stage can never be a decent legal stage (and apparently, it is impossible in the coding to remove the transformations, or at least that's what I've been told). Therefore, it makes sense to revert the stage to its original form so that casual players can have another crazy stage to enjoy.

PS1: I was definitely disappointed that PS1 didn't receive major changes. I think just about everyone would have been super happy if the Rock and Fire transformations were replaced by Sandfall's Lightning and Ground transformations. Hopefully, PS1 will receive this update in 4.0.

-Lastly, I would just like to say that Shadow Moses Island is the worst stage of all time and it desperately needs to be radically changed into something else in 4.0. (preferably something competitively-oriented).

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
Hanenbow: I was fully expecting to hate Hanenbow (since the Brawl version was so terrible) but I was pleasantly surprised that I actually really like the new Hanenbow. It's not competitively viable, obviously, but it's a fun, semi-crazy stage, and it's an amazing stage for turbo mode.

Infinite Glacier: Infinite Glacier is also a fun stage. Again, it's definitely not a legal stage, but it's still a good time. Summit didn't work at all in a Melee environment because of the lack of ledges, dumb gravity crap, and overall jankiness, but Infinite Glacier takes the crazy aspects of Summit and reworks them into a much more functional and enjoyable stage. Nice work on this one.

HD Remakes: The HD remakes are all fantastic. I especially love Dreamland. The new Dreamland is seriously gorgeous.

Yoshi's Island: The updates to Yoshi's Island Brawl are perfect. In particular, the White Shy Guy announcing the appearance of a support ghost (which is on a regular timer) makes the stage SO MUCH BETTER. No longer am I constantly wondering when/where a support ghost will appear, or blindly hoping that a support ghost will catch me when I'm falling. Now, the support ghosts act more like Randall and add depth to the match rather detract from it. This stage should be a permanent counterpick from now on, in my opinion.

Norfair: The new version of Norfair is one of my favorite stages in PM, period. The transformative aspects are subtle and gradual, so the dynamics between the players is both interesting and completely fair. The platforms are never arranged in such a way that mitigates positional advantage or disrupts the flow of the match, and the platform layout changes very, very slowly so that it never messes with the current interaction between the players. I want to see people playing on this stage often in tournament sets.

Frigate Orpheon: I've been wanting changes to Frigate Orpheon since I started playing PM back during 2.5, and it finally happened. The elevator-like platform in the first transformation FINALLY has a grabbable ledge. (This should have been done years ago!) I also noticed that the stage seems to flip upside-down more often and perhaps on a timer. If this is true, then these are excellent changes. Thank you for finally working on Frigate Orpheon, my favorite non-legal stage.

Rumble Falls: The updated Rumble Falls is actually a pretty big improvement, in my opinion. The smaller size definitely makes matches more enjoyable and less campy. (The moving background is a nice touch too.) Actually, it might even have potential to be a legit counterpick stage.

Castle Siege: I noticed that Castle Siege regained its second transformation. This makes sense, in my opinion, since the attempts to make Castle Siege into a competitive stage did not work. The fact is that unless Castle Siege can be made so that it never transforms and only stays on the first transformation, then the stage can never be a decent legal stage (and apparently, it is impossible in the coding to remove the transformations, or at least that's what I've been told). Therefore, it makes sense to revert the stage to its original form so that casual players can have another crazy stage to enjoy.

PS1: I was definitely disappointed that PS1 didn't receive major changes. I think just about everyone would have been super happy if the Rock and Fire transformations were replaced by Sandfall's Lightning and Ground transformations. Hopefully, PS1 will receive this update in 4.0.

-Lastly, I would just like to say that Shadow Moses Island is the worst stage of all time and it desperately needs to be radically changed into something else in 4.0. (preferably something competitively-oriented).
Your idea of a competitive stage is skewed. Frigate, Rumble Falls, and Castle Siege were always good competitive stages. Yoshi's Island is a neutral, and probably Rumble Falls is too now. Hanenbow seemed good in the ~3 minutes I played on it, unless there's some hazard or whatever that I don't know about.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Your idea of a competitive stage is skewed. Frigate, Rumble Falls, and Castle Siege were always good competitive stages. Yoshi's Island is a neutral, and probably Rumble Falls is too now. Hanenbow seemed good in the ~3 minutes I played on it, unless there's some hazard or whatever that I don't know about.
The word competitive is vague, since literally anything can be competitive. Big Blue with items on can be competitive. When I refer to stages as "competitive", I mean that they play a certain way that is similar to how other traditional tournament-legal stages are played competitively.

People often assume that a stage is seen as "competitive" if it is without hazards or walk-offs or randomness, but I don't think this is accurate. "Competitive" stages are the ones that promote (traditional) competitive play, and usually stages with hazards or shenanigans promote things like excessive camping, cheap kills, luck, etc. and disrupt things like traditional stage control, positioning, and the flow of (what is traditionally seen as) a competitive match.

Although it lacked hazards, pre-3.5 Rumble Falls was never a good competitive stage because it did not promote competitive play. Instead, the stage was so wide that many characters could easily abuse projectile camping and use the expansive platforms to run away at any time, and the opponent had trouble applying pressure or gaining an advantage. The game is fundamentally different at that point.

The stage transformation sequence in Castle Siege immediately destroys any positional advantage or momentum and can cause unfair and undeserved kills, so it's not an ideal competitive stage since the stage sometimes affects the match more than the players do. Frigate Orpheon is a favorite stage of mine, but it's not an ideal competitive stage for similar reasons.

Hopefully that clears up what I mean when I referred to stages as "competitive". I suppose the term "tournament-legal" might be more accurate. Or "promotes traditional competitive play".

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
The ice is so slippery. Did awkward Falcon dittos with a friend. It was pretty hilarious. Do IC's still have the mechanic that increases their traction on ice?

I think I prefer the non-HD stages a bit but that's probably nostalgia.

Not sure about the placement of some of the stages for the stage menus but idk.

shapular

Smash Ace
The word competitive is vague, since literally anything can be competitive. Big Blue with items on can be competitive. When I refer to stages as "competitive", I mean that they play a certain way that is similar to how other traditional tournament-legal stages are played competitively.

People often assume that a stage is seen as "competitive" if it is without hazards or walk-offs or randomness, but I don't think this is accurate. "Competitive" stages are the ones that promote (traditional) competitive play, and usually stages with hazards or shenanigans promote things like excessive camping, cheap kills, luck, etc. and disrupt things like traditional stage control, positioning, and the flow of (what is traditionally seen as) a competitive match.

Although it lacked hazards, pre-3.5 Rumble Falls was never a good competitive stage because it did not promote competitive play. Instead, the stage was so wide that many characters could easily abuse projectile camping and use the expansive platforms to run away at any time, and the opponent had trouble applying pressure or gaining an advantage. The game is fundamentally different at that point.

The stage transformation sequence in Castle Siege immediately destroys any positional advantage or momentum and can cause unfair and undeserved kills, so it's not an ideal competitive stage since the stage sometimes affects the match more than the players do. Frigate Orpheon is a favorite stage of mine, but it's not an ideal competitive stage for similar reasons.

Hopefully that clears up what I mean when I referred to stages as "competitive". I suppose the term "tournament-legal" might be more accurate. Or "promotes traditional competitive play".
I know what you mean. You're still wrong. You can't argue with almost 7 years of Castle Siege and Frigate Orpheon being legal in Brawl. Rumble Falls is just Dreamland with inverted platforms.

Kati

Smash Lord
Both orpheon and siege give the players lots of warning when a switch is about to occur. Shame that the castle hall was added back to castle siege :/
-----
These new stages look so awesome! I honestly feel like I'm playing next gen smash when I'm playing on them.

I only have one suggestion for future revamped stages. Both hyrule and the caverns don't have that much... altitude to them. Smash stages as a whole are mostly characterized by the sheer height at which combatants occupy. It gives the bottom blastzone that threatening edge. Seeing the ground floor so close to the stage, so close that several characters could reach the stage from the floor, is a little underwhelming.

Before 3.5, I tinkered with Theytahs hd Dreamland found on brawlvault. It would eventually become the dreamland all pm players have now. I lowered the background so that the stage is once again high in the clouds. I feel that the tilted background found in smashville and green greens is an outdated aesthetic from peach's castle in 64, so I also tilted the background so that the world down below was normal, or parallel to the stage's floor.

Pwii

Smash Apprentice
Norfair is great, really love how it turned out. Also distant planet is perfect. It's not exactly a starter stage, but not everything needs to be PS2. A++

Dreamland is also sexy in glorious HD technicolor, but I'm curious: why did you guys keep the wind? Am I the only one who thinks it could be taken out? Maybe not the animation, but the actual moving the fighters. It's distracting.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I know what you mean. You're still wrong. You can't argue with almost 7 years of Castle Siege and Frigate Orpheon being legal in Brawl. Rumble Falls is just Dreamland with inverted platforms.
To be fair, that is Brawl. A game where moving around is discouraged because you could be punished for anything by Icies or MK.

Chosenl

Smash Apprentice
I love the new stages, but I really do miss Dracula's Castle (or w/e its called). Use to pick that stage in.... I think 2.5 all the time. Hope it can be reworked to be a tourney legal stage again someday

Chevy

Smash Ace
Skyworld bottom looks janky now. I thought they were supposed to fix the ledges, not just make it into Lylat 2.0. I wish we had seen the thin platform on top of clouds for the platforms rather than the base, because unclear platforms is a common complaint for it.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Dreamland is so... small. In melee and 64 it was used competitively because of its massive size and high ceiling.
Pm has captured the high ceilings, but left out its size.
Dreamland is windy battlefield now.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Do IC's still have the mechanic that increases their traction on ice?
Yup, ice climbers are still immune to ice collisions.

I love the new stages, but I really do miss Dracula's Castle (or w/e its called). Use to pick that stage in.... I think 2.5 all the time. Hope it can be reworked to be a tourney legal stage again someday
Dracula's castle is very much still in the game. It's on page 2

Skyworld bottom looks janky now. I thought they were supposed to fix the ledges, not just make it into Lylat 2.0. I wish we had seen the thin platform on top of clouds for the platforms rather than the base, because unclear platforms is a common complaint for it.
I take it you weren't a big fan of Melee's Battlefield eh? ;)

Joking aside, the main platform actually has a degree of leniency built in now, so it's definitely not Lylat 2.0. The thin platforms instead of clouds are actually something we tried at one point, but they just didn't look good. The collisions on the clouds were adjusted to be more consistent between them though.

Dreamland is also sexy in glorious HD technicolor, but I'm curious: why did you guys keep the wind? Am I the only one who thinks it could be taken out? Maybe not the animation, but the actual moving the fighters. It's distracting.
We kept the wind because it's part of what makes Dreamland, well, Dreamland.

Dreamland is so... small. In melee and 64 it was used competitively because of its massive size and high ceiling.
Pm has captured the high ceilings, but left out its size.
Dreamland is windy battlefield now.
It's actually exactly the same size as it was before.

Last edited:

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
[quote="Sandfall, post: 17993301, member: 239709"It's actually exactly the same size as it was before.[/quote]

And it felt small before. I just took the opportunity to mention it now.

Top Bottom