• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOTS O VIDEOS! Including SONIC vs. LINK!

Diddy Kong Vs Mario Vs Meta Knight Vs Yoshi on Castle Siege

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-biqeRNOtOo

Character Select Screen and Stage Select Screen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_IPwNiKBwc

Samus Vs Mario on Battlefield

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L0uIkv3PXgo

Sonic Vs Link on Lylat Cruise

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rAz6RG4oHpI

Pit vs Yoshi on Norfar

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7...d_2159363.html

Pit Vs Samus Vs Ike Vs Pikachu on Delfino Plaza

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7...d_2159361.html

Diddy Kong Vs Mario Vs Peach Vs Meta Knight on Yoshi's Island

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15401

Wii Remote Demonstration (Link Vs Sonic on Pokemon Stadium 2)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...-the-wii-mote/

Classic Controller Demonstration (Diddy Kong Vs Samus on Castle Siege)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...ic-controller/

Fox Vs Donkey Kong Vs Meta Knight Vs Bowser on Skyworld and also Sonic Vs Ike Vs Link Vs Peach on Pokemon Stadium 2

http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

And Platnum, it didn't even go over 10,000, so... no you didn't.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm just curious... Who actually called his Up-B move? I saw someone suggest it, and I didn't really think it looked very probable, but clearly I was wrong. Props to whomever it may concern...

SiD

Smash Master
Yay, Sonic FTW!! I haven't been on the boards in a while, but I found my new main already. He looks GREAT. I can't wait to find out what his nuetral B is.
It appears to be the homing attack, as seen in the videos. He floats upwards while it apparantly charges, then homes toward the enemy.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Who thinks his B Neutral is going to be?

Just as a tribute, it should be his Somersault move from Sonic Adventure 2.

Also, I have a conflicting element:

His FS.

Super Sonic or Ancient Light?

:/

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
has anyone found out yet from the expo if sonic has a shadow alternate color? i really wanna know, because i'm a huge shadow fan.

kaid

Smash Master
Oasis, the Spring has been in the First post since the thread was created. (by me, so worship me for my awesoneness! ...or not...)

Platnum, you wern't here for the Smash Revolution thread.

For exactly one year, from E3 '05 to E3'06, this site had a single thread where people were allowed to spam/speculate/make movesets/whatever, posted in the Melee forum. It had over 1000 PAGES when they revealed Brawl officially.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I hope we can get a closer release date because i'm afraid of the TBD and Sonic's hair is so bouncy. I hope I see shadow as a seperate character because I saw Dr.Mario as an alternate costume could this be the end of Luigi!!!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
has anyone found out yet from the expo if sonic has a shadow alternate color? i really wanna know, because i'm a huge shadow fan.
most people want a Shadow alternate color. i hope so, coz thatd be pretty sick. but if not (coz it seems like Sakurai's going for classic Sonic) i can live with it. but to counter Sakurai going for classics, Sonic's song is Live and Learn from SA2...where Shadow first came in of course XD

and platnum: plz stop spamming with the Y2K thing. asking politely, so yea: plz? just talk about Sonic n how freakin awesome it is that he's n Brawl n you'll get more respect around here :)

Edit:
I hope we can get a closer release date because i'm afraid of the TBD and Sonic's hair is so bouncy. I hope I see shadow as a seperate character because I saw Dr.Mario as an alternate costume could this be the end of Luigi!!!
wut r u talking about? Dr Mario was a MARIO clone. Luigi is only counted as different coz he's Luigi-fied. and i really doubt Shadow ends up another character, Sonic's 3rd party, n he has his spot taken (only Megaman is left XD) also wuts TBD?

SiD

Smash Master
Wow dude.

First off, the release date is Feb 10 now.

Second, even if Sonic were first party, don't expect to see clones this time around.

And no, it could not be the end of Luigi.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
SA2Battle was awesome and I hope Shadow is in because I like it when he goes Hyper Shadow. Sonie for God of Speed characters.
OMG how do you know plz share.

platnum

Smash Lord
Oasis, the Spring has been in the First post since the thread was created. (by me, so worship me for my awesoneness! ...or not...)

Platnum, you wern't here for the Smash Revolution thread.

For exactly one year, from E3 '05 to E3'06, this site had a single thread where people were allowed to spam/speculate/make movesets/whatever, posted in the Melee forum. It had over 1000 PAGES when they revealed Brawl officially.
OHopps.sorry

SiD

Smash Master
It's all over the internet brawler.

And it's not Hyper Shadow, it's Super Shadow. I thought so too for the longest time, but that was just a mistake from a game guide.

SiD

Smash Master
I'm hoping for this update:

"I'm sorry to say the release date for this game has been pushed back: February 10 2008. To make up for this, there is going to be a downloadable demo for Brawl available next week through the Wii Ware channel."

Delusional, sure. But a girl can dream, can't he?

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
That sums it down to about 1,000,000 threads and ty for telling me that darn game guides. Did anyway notice the down kick maybe it can be his down b in the air since the charge spin can't pop.
lol that would be awesome and lol you said "a girl can dream can't HE."

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for this update:

"I'm sorry to say the release date for this game has been pushed back: February 10 2008. To make up for this, there is going to be a downloadable demo for Brawl available next week through the Wii Ware channel."

Delusional, sure. But a girl can dream, can't he?
that would be beautiful

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
That would be AMAZING. If only there was a down loadable demo! Withe the Wi-Fi online function running! But, Nintendo likes to kick us in the nuts while making us happy.

It's all over the internet brawler.

And it's not Hyper Shadow, it's Super Shadow. I thought so too for the longest time, but that was just a mistake from a game guide.
where in the internet? i thought the best resource for Brawl was on Dojo n i cant see it there?

really? d***, all these times i thought it was "Hyper"...oh well. sounds weird to me coz ive been used to hearing Hyper Shadow for so long...
speaking of Shadow: if Sonic uses his FS (which is no doubt the FS) in the Shadow costume (assuming it is one), will it still be Super Sonic, or Hyper-d***- Super Shadow?

SiD

Smash Master
Where in the internet? Anywhere. Even in one of the Gamespot videos, one of the Nintendo guys says it right there. The release date is Feb 10th offficially.

And I feel you ylink, my Gamertag is Hypershadow85. **** them!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Plz be specific about it on the internet because gamefly says it's gonna come out Dec. 5, 3007.
I changed my mind I want Shadow as an alt costume in exchange for Knuckles. He will rock you **** and the other brawlers by using his brass knuckles.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What kind of items do you think they should throw in that's Sonic related, guys? I was thinking they could throw in one of the classic shields from one of Sonic's many 2-D outings.

Take the elemental shields from Sonic 3, for instance. The Fire shield could reflect fire-based attacks, the electric shield could reflect energy based attacks (like Lucas's PSI, Samus's Charged Shot, etc.), and the water shield can...well, reflect water-based attacks. Or something. I dunno. They could last until somebody gets nailed with an attack from an opposing element (like if an energy-based attack were shot into, say, a fire-shield) or from a regular A move.

What do you think?

Smooth Criminal

Garuda

Smash Ace
If anything, they'll probably just put the original SSB on the Virtual Console.

Sonic f--............ it's really starting to hit me... he's actually in... I was so excited I was shivering... or maybe it's because it was late at night, the window was wide open, I was shirtless, and my fan blew straight at me at maximum level... Either way, it's amazing.

Makes me wonder why they ever made Olympic Games though... oh well, who cares?! It's not likely that I'll even get it!

... I put in "..." a lot, don't I?

Oh, and LOOOOOVING the use of the keyboard on the Wii.

That sums it down to about 1,000,000 threads and ty for telling me that darn game guides. Did anyway notice the down kick maybe it can be his down b in the air since the charge spin can't pop.
lol that would be awesome and lol you said "a girl can dream can't HE."
good point about the down kick. at first i thought it was being FastFalld, but it looks too slow...
n that my friend was the punchline in the joke XD
Where in the internet? Anywhere. Even in one of the Gamespot videos, one of the Nintendo guys says it right there. The release date is Feb 10th offficially.

And I feel you ylink, my Gamertag is Hypershadow85. **** them!
aaah. i think yer right about tonight's update then: Sonic FS for the hell of it, double posting with Brawl's extended release date (i guess theyre tweaking alot of things then)

oh that sucks. its kind of like the time when i was 10 and my old email address was "kamehamehadude". i felt awkward when some people told me Kamehameha was a king in Hawaii...it was like i was worshiping him haha

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I hate ASIANS except Sakurai and Miyamoto. Yes Sid I want a playable demo to ease my pain. It would be cool to have the items from SA2 like the fire ring and everyone's attk is fire based.
i know the joke i was pointing it out for the slower members no offense. Not pointing to anyone.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I hate ASIANS excpet Sakurai and Miyamoto. Yes Sid I want a playable demo to ease my pain. It would be cool to have the items from SA2 like the fire ring and everyone's attk is fire based.

Hate asians?

Racist, you should be banned.

SiD

Smash Master
Im still on a Sonic High.
Sorry I havnt been posting. Ive been too busy watching the video over and over again leaning all I can about his game physics...
...you know there's new vids with him, right? Gamespot and IGN have some good ones.

Looks like his B move is the homing attack.

SiD

Smash Master
Yep Sonink, same video where you can see what appears to be the homing attack, where he rises up in the air then shoots at Link.

I hate ASIANS excpet Sakurai and Miyamoto. Yes Sid I want a playable demo to ease my pain. It would be cool to have the items from SA2 like the fire ring and everyone's attk is fire based.
GET THE F*** OUT
n if yer pointing at me coz i pointed the joke out to u: i put "XD" to show i was joking

n i think the Ring could be an item that lowers your damage and temporarily makes u stronger

SiegK yer not the only whos still on the Sonic High. i thought my friend was bullsh**ting me when i got to school yesterday haha

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Is it me or does Sakurai in his updates not seem so excited about Sonic??

Usually, in all his updates he's all perky and excited, but with Sonic's updates he's been like

"The fast hedgehog Sonic joins the Brawl."

"Look at his spin attack, yaaaaa."

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom