• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvM

Smash Rookie
Super Sonic is more likely sonics final smash form but then again we won't know till they announce he's in the game.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
What to do till December 3rd in the Sonic Thread, about 115 days or something in that range...... I think. Almost everything has been discussed. Super Sonic more than likely the final smash unless Darkspine Sonic because SatSR was Wii exclusive.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
True, although it might seem Sakurai is taking things from specific games, such as the LoZ characters, I think they need to be because those are the official modern looks. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw anything from Secret Rings which is the most recent game, next to Olympic Games of course.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai cut out guns from the game, I'm not sure a very sharp metallic stick that, when piercing a body, creates a very blood, gory, and entertaining, scene, will make it into the game.
precisley, if it were to be any item, it would be the hammer from the hammer throw, it works like a koopa shell, but stops when it hits the ground, so it can be picked up again

but yeah, it does look like it would be thrown at peach... alot.... from me, specifically. :)

ten

Smash Cadet
Super Sonic or Darkspine Sonic (since he was on the wii) for final smash and Sonic for Brawl
I'm bored.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Super Sonic or Darkspine Sonic (since he was on the wii) for final smash and Sonic for Brawl
I'm bored.
I think Darkspine Sonic, if anything, might work better as a palette change. Super Sonic is really the perfect thing for his Final Smash; there's no getting around it.

UMMMMMM. . . SONIC 4 BRAWL.

Phatguy

Smash Rookie
spite

this would be so messed up if instead of putting in super sonic or darkspines sonic for his final smash...they put in something like the team combination move from Sonic Heroes(without super sonic) just to spite us....I would feel let down :(, pissed off :mad:, and very amused :chuckle: at the same time!!!

Holla

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Ylink, you DairiDairn't miss anything you'Dair wanna be here for, (if you weren't here that is)

Sonic NEEDairS Yoshi's Dair lol
I'll spam you all in the face with it lol
jk
Seriously though.....................................................................................................................................Dair

Cinos Ruof Lwarb Dair

SonicMario

Smash Master
As many people has said, many buisnesses like that Canadian Best Buy & the N+ magazine in Europe are going to feel bad if Sonic isn't in. It is just Mind-boggling how this rumor of Sonic has spread, this is probably one of the most, no the biggest rumor to be publicized on the Smash Bros. series ever. It is the huge size of the publicity that gives us hope, for we won't be the only ones disappointed if he is not in. I feel like where in some sort of non-violent battle. And with all the speculating, we and all other Sonic for Brawl fans could be winning. Anti-Sonic people should feel nervous at this point. It has grown to be nationally known thanks to G4 TV. When i think of Sonic's possibility in Brawl, i see him chasing a world. Only a little faster then him, the world has the faces of the many Nintendo characters confirmed so far. The world's god (Sakauri) just needs to let that world slow down and Sonic can jump in and join the Smash Bros. fray. So pray with all your might, just pray to almighty god that he is in. (SiD can pray to himself;)) Hope is unforutunely the only thing we can say at this moment still. So Sonic 4 Brawl.

P.S. Thanks for reading this long post
(Off-topic: Went to Detroit Tigers game, though they lost:urg:)

Phatguy

Smash Rookie
Phatguy... that's just... evil. lol. Sonic Heroes sucked butt, and they would have it as a final smash? I would literally die... right there... on the couch.
I'm sorry....I just got home from midterms so im feeling kinda evil right now....But yes Sonic Heroes did suck butt...i did like how they brought back metal sonic in the story!!! I would die too if that happen; along with the other like multi- hundred thousand sonic fans!!!

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so people are talking about Sonic's Final Smash. I'm thinking that, since his B.A.C.O.N. would most certainly be Super Sonic, I envision it as an "enhancement" Final Smash, unlike the "Attack" final smashes, like Mario's, or the "transformation" final smashes, like Bowsers. Basically, Sonic's the same size, but he changes color, his spikes flip up, and his stats are improved immensely. Speed would go through the roof, as in Fox wouldn't even be able to compete; his attack strength would ramp up about 5 notches, as well as his jumping ability. His up B move would be changed to that sort of Supersonic golden aura charge attack he always gets, and knock back would decrease immensely, or maybe fade altogether. Basically, Sonic would become incredibly powerful for the duration of the move, keeping with the spirit of Super Sonic transformations.

(hey, if you're all bored, how about a quick discussion into the physics of the sonic world? I think I have a convincing theory as to how this "chaos force" stuff works)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^ Yes the publicity in the gaming world has shocked me too, I thought people had given up on Sonic, it's good to know people haven't given up hope, we just lost hope in SEGA thats all :(. Well G4 has gotten it a bit popular, but mostly everyone at G4 hates Sonic, so it's surprising, in their quote on the feed when discussing the Spanish article rumor, they said "Hey, to the 4 Sonic fans left on the planet." and X-Play bashes on Sonic every time his name comes up, God I hate the way Morgan Webb drags her voice sometimes. They do the same with Mega-man. Besides that it's wonderful news that Sonic in Brawl has gotten so popular.... SEGA is gonna lose more than consumers if Sonic isn't in Brawl.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Yeah, the hosts on X-play are annoying (especially that guy--I wanna punch him every time he talks), but Morgan Webb is still hot. :p

At least Sonic and Megaman get bashed for bad games when they should be. G4 has given the recent sucktastic Bomberman games overall better-than-average scores.

WTF?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah, the hosts on X-play are annoying (especially that guy--I wanna punch him every time he talks), but Morgan Webb is still hot. :p

At least Sonic and Megaman get bashed for bad games when they should be. G4 has given the recent sucktastic Bomberman games overall better-than-average scores.

WTF?
At least they hated the Bomberman Xbox game. The horrible attempt to make Bomberman fit in with the cool looking guys on the Xbox's system. Which Adam said looked like Master Cheif & Venom had a baby.

They are mostly biased so far to serious shooters & action and some spin-offs. There favorite game was Resident Evil 4. They made Melee an honorable mention on their best games they've reviewed. They made Halo 2 an 8 on their list.

But back to Sonic: Many people don't want him in because of the games he have sucked in. But at least some of the smashers had an embarassing moment. If i need to remind you of Hotel Mario and the LoZ games on the CD-i. Sonic is popular no matter how much his games suck.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so my theory. Chaos Force (hereby referred to as CF) is a type of energy, much like heat, that is radiated in enormous quantities from the Chaos Emeralds. The Emeralds are seen to be pretty much infinite sources of CF, and I imagine that they radiate it in waves eminating from the gem itself.

Chaos Force can be stored in objects other then the Emeralds, although the amount of energy that can be stored is dependent on the object. Other crystals seem to be at the very least fair conductors of CF, as it is seen apparently powering G.U.N.'s robots in SA2, in the form of crystalline Chaos Drives; Tails is also able to synthesize a false Chaos Emerald from a more ordinary gem, that has limited power, but still acts like another Chaos Emerald. Animals are also able to store the Chaos Force as well; this principle is shown by Robotnik using Flickies to power his robots. He most likely irradiates a bunch of flickies with whatever Chaos Emerald he happens to get his mitts on, and then places it at the core of his machines, making it double as a power source and A.I.. One final piece of proof for the "chaos drives and flickies serve the same purpose" theory is the Chao. Chao improve their stats whenever you give them a freed Flicky or a Chaos Drive, which seems to suggest that Chao evolve upon absorbing Chaos Force.

Chaos Force can be harnessed by a being that has acquired some of it, but only if they have enough mental and physical strength, and focus properly. Only Sonic and Shadow have been seen to use Chaos Force for certain attacks, and every time it is used, it supports the concentration theory, as well as the requiring chaos force theory. In SA2, Shadow is often only seen using it when he has an emerald. The reason for this is that Shadow rather enjoys having a reliable source of power. The reason he doesn't simply teleport across the jungle to save a trapped Rouge is because he needed more power for an accurate teleport, and by the time he got there, Rouge's cell was positively full of Chaos Force from the three emeralds. In Shadow the Hedgehog, he is shown to use Chaos Powers without an emerald for an entire stage, and can do it without being in contact with an Emerald during the Sonic/Shadow bridge fight in SA2. Sonic is only able to use Chaos Control by focusing intently on the Emerald, and Shadow's mindset is brought into play much in SHTH, as he can only use Chaos Force when his mind is sufficiently focused, either toward destruction or rescue.

Now I will get into the rather strange area that is Super Forms. Obviously, a Super Form is a very difficult to use ability, requiring the combined power output of all eight Emeralds. The Chaos Force created by these emeralds is enormous, but there is simply no container that can actually harness and hold the energy, not even our beloved hedgehog. Super Forms are only ever used when the user has collected at least 50 rings, and only maintains itself as long as he has rings, which deplete by the second. I belive that the rings are used as a kind of conductor for the chaos force, like a kind of electric circuit, using the circular nature of the golden rings to keep the flow of power surrounding the being using their super form. However, the rings cannot contain the power either. After about a second of exposure to CF, the ring disintegrates under the pressure, and if the hedgehog runs out of rings, the spiraling current of power is broken and he is cut off from the Chaos Force until he can get another substantial amount. The golden colors often seen are probably something to do with all the golden rings that are being lit up by Chaos Force, making the person glow (actually, the glow's probably about 30% ring, 70% SSJ5 mojo or something:chuckle:)

There, that's what I can think of from the continuity I've seen. Care to point out anything?

(oh, and such Chaos Force would make Sonic's Final Smash a thing to behold! I'm still on topic!)

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well their doing their job yes, but the constant bashing is enough when one thousand other game critic has to flame them to an early grave. Saying X-Play is pretty much the only show that shows reviews on TV making the bashing almost constant, and letting whatever little public still not knowing to know. It seems their doing their job, but still bashing along the way whenever they get a chance. Well yesterday without even reviewing the game says on the feed again about Megaman having a new game coming out or some type of remake "Mega-man the game franchise that refuses to die released blah blah blah." Thats what I mean by constant.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Mario will always be more popular than Master Chief, or any other FPS or sports game mascot.

Don't get me wrong--I enjoy sports games, and FPS's are one of my favorite genres--I just hate when people brag about how so-called "hardcore" games are better than so-called "kiddy" games, like the Mario / Sonic franchises.

It makes me so angry.

SonicMario

Smash Master
That'd be funny if X-box came out with a game similar to smash! lol
HALO VERSUS RESIDANT EVIL GO!
Except they'd need it first person shooters. Might not be that bad really. Still ****ing gay and (oooo.... nintendo doesn't have enough killing!) - prance away like a sissy -
Resident Evil isn't only for Xbox though. So what do you mean? There isn't that much still continuing franchises for Xbox only besides Halo. And if had the same gameplay, then it's lawsuit time.

EDIT: @Joe Soup: At least they (X Play) got it right about Mario being the #1 franchise. Although you may disagree with this fully. But they had Halo as #2 & Legend of Zelda #3. They actually put the Halo in front of the famed Legend of Zelda franchise. (Except for the CD-i ones)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mario will always be more popular than Master Chief, or any other FPS or sports game mascot.

Don't get me wrong--I enjoy sports games, and FPS's are one of my favorite genres--I just hate when people brag about how so-called "hardcore" games are better than so-called "kiddy" games, like the Mario / Sonic franchises.

It makes me so angry.
Of course Mario is the biggest game franchise is it not?

And never heard about those "hardcore" games being better much.

Resident Evil isn't only for Xbox though. So what do you mean? There isn't that much still continuing franchises for Xbox only besides Halo. And if had the same gameplay, then it's lawsuit time.
It would be an interesting thing to see but its most likely not going to happen.

And the bashing on X-Play? I mostly agree with what they say, the games that look bad... are pretty bad. And they do give rts and puzzle games high ratings too. They have a very vague rating system (X out of 5) so it doesn't get so specific and will show how much better one game is than another by so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom