• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Wait, let me clarify so I don't get anybody mad...

I think having the Sega mascot playing through the Nintendo mascot's levels is more confusing than anything.

I say it's ok if the line is drawn just short of Crash Bandicoot appearing in F-Zero. Take your cart elsewhere you furry *******
How could you want Snake and Simon Belmont in the game and not feel just a little uncomfortable. Come on it's Snake, a guy known to break your neck and shoot you in the nuts with an AK-47, he's only been in M rated games if I'm correct. Then you think it's weird for Sonic a guy who's not usually violent, and he just looks perfect for the roster speaking for character design, you probably find it weird cause it's SEGA's mascot. Honestly though there shouldn't be a reason your not O.K. with Sonic, but fine with any of those characters in your sig were playable.

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
Actually, take your ridiculous claims of continuity elsewhere. This is a Smash Bros forum, Smash is the video game with the LEAST continuity or logic to it. Bowser fighting Kirby? Solid Snake against Pikachu? C'mon....

Sonic 4 Brawl.
im sorry...but i'd hate to see a sega character in a nintendo game...segas dead, sonics dead...why try to put someone dead from a dead developer in a game like this where it was strictly nintendo until snake...who is very popular at the moment

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
im sorry...but i'd hate to see a sega character in a nintendo game...segas dead, sonics dead...why try to put someone dead from a dead developer in a game like this where it was strictly nintendo until snake...who is very popular at the moment
Sonic's not dead, but don't call us hopeless either, we bash on SEGA all the time, it's not our fault SEGA doesn't live up to their responsibilities. We all just found the Hedgehog cool because of the games of his past and some of his not to old games. Sonic is popular, how do you think he's still alive, With Sonic's definite inclusion in Brawl, it can save the Sonic series from extinction, it basically shows Nintendo and SEGA are friends now and Nintendo can help Sonic out.

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
Sonic's not dead, but don't call us hopeless either, we bash on SEGA all the time, it's not our fault SEGA doesn't live up to their responsibilities. We all just found the Hedgehog cool because of the games of his past and some of his not to old games. Sonic is popular, how do you think he's still alive, With Sonic's definite inclusion in Brawl, it can save the Sonic series from extinction, it basically shows Nintendo and SEGA are friends now and Nintendo can help Sonic out.
did you try sonic on 360??....that should explain everything to you

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Yea, Sonic is hitting hard time's, but does not mean he's dead. SEGA is just being ******** and needs time to fix things, if you didn't read my post, Nintendo will probably end up helping the series. Now stop coming on the threads and making Sonic fans feel hopeless. Besides Sonic games sell anyways, he's had plenty of great titles on the GBA and DS. SEGA doesn't know how to implement 3D. Also have you even played a Sonic 2D game. Those never sucked.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@Blackanesenoy07
Surely you've heard of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, haven't you? Although it is technially a Sega game, it is being supervised by Miyamoto (A NINTENDO Legend). So your hate has already been made reality.
Sega isn't dead yet, their Console-making days are dead. The company still has it going. They have NiGHTS coming for Wii, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and the Sonic RPG DS game that is being developed by RPG legend BioWare. So don't count Sega out of this yet, they still have a long schedule that can boost their cha-ching in an instant.

@Everyone else
About Sega's schedule, what are you guys excited about more? I may try how NiGHTS works, and i will get M&S Olympics after Brawl (Priority over Olympics). And i may be getting a DS soon so i can see this Sonic RPG thing.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Blackaneseboy, just leave if all you're going to do is bash Sonic.

It get's really tiring arguing with n00bs who don't have the gumption to look in the previous pages before bringing up the same old arguments again.

And I'm way too tired to break out the whipping stick right now. Kill, take care of him.

@SonicMario

I have a DS, so most likely I'll be picking up RPG the week it comes out. Del will like to know whether it's good or not before he considers it.

And I'm anxious to see how M&S Olympics unfolds. Hopefully it's not the only crossover game featuring Mario and Sonic this season.

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
@Blackanesenoy07
Surely you've heard of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, haven't you? Although it is technially a Sega game, it is being supervised by Miyamoto (A NINTENDO Legend). So your hate has already been made reality.
Sega isn't dead yet, their Console-making days are dead. The company still has it going. They have NiGHTS coming for Wii, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, and the Sonic RPG DS game that is being developed by RPG legend BioWare. So don't count Sega out of this yet, they still have a long schedule that can boost their cha-ching in an instant.

@Everyone else
About Sega's schedule, what are you guys excited about more? I may try how NiGHTS works, and i will get M&S Olympics after Brawl (Priority over Olympics). And i may be getting a DS soon so i can see this Sonic RPG thing.
ok...name one sonic game on wii that was good

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
Yea, Sonic is hitting hard time's, but does not mean he's dead. SEGA is just being ******** and needs time to fix things, if you didn't read my post, Nintendo will probably end up helping the series. Now stop coming on the threads and making Sonic fans feel hopeless. Besides Sonic games sell anyways, he's had plenty of great titles on the GBA and DS. SEGA doesn't know how to implement 3D. Also have you even played a Sonic 2D game. Those never sucked.
i loved the old ones on sega...but all the new ones suck

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
N00bs just come on this thread to do bashing, they don't know what their saying and they think the world revolves around their opinion. For example DRAKE and blackaneaseboy, hate Sonic so they go to a thread full of Sonic fans, and say something that will get their a**es flamed. They have no logical reasoning at all. Thats why n00bs should grab a razor and go play in traffic. Cause n00bs will just end up running into a parked car if they think they can outsmart people are pretty much the thread regulars.

Also there's only one freakin Sonic game on the Wii excusing the Virtual counsel games. Sonic and the secret rings doesn't suck horribly, it actually is pretty fun, have you even played it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
ok...name one sonic game on wii that was good
Sonic and the Secret Rings is the only Wii game for Sonic (So far), that one is bad or good depending on people's opinions. (SiD if he was here, would probably say something right about now)

Unless you count the Virtual Console with Genesis games such as the Original Sonic the Hedgehog & Sonic the Hedgehog 2. (Which are good no matter what)

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
N00bs just come on this thread to do bashing, they don't know what their saying and they think the world revolves around their opinion. For example DRAKE and blackaneaseboy, hate Sonic so they go to a thread full of Sonic fans, and say something that will get their a**es flamed. They have no logical reasoning at all. Thats why n00bs should grab a razor and go play in traffic. Cause n00bs will just end up running into a parked car if they think they can outsmart people are pretty much the thread regulars.
thats probably the lamest thing i have ever heard...get a life...sorry if i spread my opinion...are we all just suppose agree on everything?? i didnt think it was like that last i heard

" Thats why n00bs should grab a razor and go play in traffic."

wth

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Why?......
probably because the console hasnt yet been out for a year and they need time to develope more games...
just a guess...
afterall, we dont have a Metroid game quite yet, though we dont have much longer to wait, and one could argue that the only Zelda game doesnt count because its a revamped GameCube game...
arent those series considered classics???

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
@black***aneaseboy We aren't agreeing with everything, were proving you wrong thats all, now stop trying to push your luck with us because everything you say is not even worth the read.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Please take your emptyheaded and ridiculous preconcieved notions of what is acceptable in video games outside this thread. If you don't like it that much, go to a Sonic flame thread at some Guilty Gear site.

And there's no possible way people like Simon Belmont, or Leon, or Sol Badguy are getting in Brawl.

Grow some brain cells.
QFT.

Simon Belmont isn't as out there as you think. Considering that the Castlevania series has had a long history with Nintendo and is a Konami rep (Solid Snake being one as well), there may be some crazy chance that the vampire hunter may weasel his way into Brawl. It also doesn't hurt to mention that he was on Sakurai's poll. Granted, he didn't place very high in comparison to everybody else but he was there.

Leon Kennedy is just..."roffle" material. I don't even need to say anything about that man and where he comes from. Let Sony and Microsoft have him.

And Sol Badguy, in Brawl? Dude, the Immoral Flame belongs with his own people over in Guilty Gear. As much as I love the character, there isn't a snow ball's chance in Hell that he'll be mixing it up with the likes of Mario anytime soon. Sure, he starred in a (crappy) DS game and has a game coming out for the Wii soon (Accent Core) but that does not increase his chances in the least. Considering that the franchise is heavily rooted with Sony (having the most releases for that particular company than the DS or the Wii), I think it's a safe bet that he'll be as far away from there as possible.

Sonic for Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Edit:

thats probably the lamest thing i have ever heard...get a life...sorry if i spread my opinion...are we all just suppose agree on everything?? i didnt think it was like that last i heard

wth
The statement was a bit harsh, but I can understand the rest of what Killswitch was saying (you and me are gonna be playing some Smash soon, son. You live in the same town as me). It ain't a matter of you agreeing with the rest of us, Blackanese, it's a matter of you having a solid argument around your opinion. It's all well and fine to not want the Blue Blur in Brawl, but come in here and say it with a bit of tact. Present a sound argument that we can debate on, not just a simple "Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl because his new games suck."

Awright?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Smooth Criminal wins with his long post. Yay!

Man, how come I always come in here with nothing to say against or for the current situation?

Uhhhhh
Ummmm
Ehhhhh

Sonic 4 Brawl.

iMichael

Smash Lord

wth
lol that was way too funny:laugh:

vesperview

Smash Hero

Also there's only one freakin Sonic game on the Wii excusing the Virtual counsel games. Sonic and the secret rings doesn't suck horribly, it actually is pretty fun, have you even played it.
Weren't you a n00b yourself? STFU

vesperview

Smash Hero
Blackaneseboy, just leave if all you're going to do is bash Sonic.

It get's really tiring arguing with n00bs who don't have the gumption to look in the previous pages before bringing up the same old arguments again.

And I'm way too tired to break out the whipping stick right now. Kill, take care of him.

@SonicMario

I have a DS, so most likely I'll be picking up RPG the week it comes out. Del will like to know whether it's good or not before he considers it.

And I'm anxious to see how M&S Olympics unfolds. Hopefully it's not the only crossover game featuring Mario and Sonic this season.
OMG! you joined one month ago and you're not a n00b? lol, just because you have the time to post 500 times in the site in less than a month doesn't mean you should bash people for being new to the site and not agreeing with you, plus if this is the official sonic thread people may post why or why not they would want sonic in the game... until he is actually confirmed we may agree to disagree on anything relating these topics.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's talking about your posts, no one really cares when you joined, or your post count. If our ighest poster posted something stupid, and some guy in his first post pwned him, we'd call the highest poster a n00b, flat out. And use the edit button=don't double or triple post again.

And Sonic's chances are high, he's the most desired character for Brawl, PERIOD! Hell, I'd argue the 2nd most wanted character for Brawl isn't half as desired as he is [IMO that is Diddy Kong].

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG! you joined one month ago and you're not a n00b? lol, just because you have the time to post 500 times in the site in less than a month doesn't mean you should bash people for being new to the site and not agreeing with you, plus if this is the official sonic thread people may post why or why not they would want sonic in the game... until he is actually confirmed we may agree to disagree on anything relating these topics.
Amount of time on this site =/= being a n00b.

Being a n00b is all about thinking your opinion is better then everyone else's and is 100% true. That's how I see it.

Anyways the guy didn't really give any good reasons that Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl. If you go into a topic and bash a character for no good reason, you can expect to be called a n00b. Just because a character hasn't been confirmed to be in or not doesn't mean that you can come in and bash them for no reason.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Amount of time on this site =/= being a n00b.

Being a n00b is all about thinking your opinion is better then everyone else's and is 100% true. That's how I see it.

Anyways the guy didn't really give any good reasons that Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl. If you go into a topic and bash a character for no good reason, you can expect to be called a n00b. Just because a character hasn't been confirmed to be in or not doesn't mean that you can come in and bash them for no reason.
^^^ Wat you said=mad props! :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
obviously you a simple minded fool then because n00b is equivalent to how moronic your posts are...not the number. and moronic posts are generally ones that try to pass an opinion as fact without proof...like yours and others before it. or moronic posts are generally ones thatsay something that has been proven wrong many times over. so why dont you pay ****ing attention rather than trying to be cool and triple-posting like a ******?
LOL.....Kaid, for the kill.

But yeah--just because he hasn't had any blockbuster games recently doesn't diminish his chances for Brawl. In fact, it might even increase it, because SEGA needs the exposure, and they need to have their posterboy in an actual decent game, as of late.
and the fact the Wii hasnt even been out for a year yet and that moron expects there to be multiple Sonic games for it

@k-sw!zzle and SC
im surprised you guys didnt notice you were in the same town. you shoulda playyed each other a while ago

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Yea it's old now we talked about a few pages back. Screen shot is convincing a little, but if you look at the real picture on the smashbros site you can tell it's fake.

@ Del, I just now read that post for that song you had given a Youtube link to, it was Bullet for my Valentine, the song was tears don't fall. I'm ok with "some" of that music, but I'm more of a Rock or punk rock kind of guy. In other words I hate the screams cause it doesn't make sense to me. Something like Arteyu is alright though.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
@k-sw!zzle and SC
im surprised you guys didnt notice you were in the same town. you shoulda playyed each other a while ago
Smooth PM'ed me about that along time ago I had forgot.

Smooth your name wouldn't happen to be Abbi or something wouldn't it. I know some guy named that who lives in Marietta also and has a Smashbros account, but I haven't yet found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom