• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garuda

Smash Ace
If anything, this would somehow interfere with Sonic's world, and somehow he has to do it by himself (not with Knux etc.). Judging by the scenes so far, it doesn't look like Sonic is gonna have anything to do with Mario.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
My theory is that when Nintendo asked Sega if they could put Sonic in Brawl, Sega said: "Okay, you can use Sonic, but you gotta let us do this game." (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games)

Just my thoughts.
Actually this sounds pretty logical to me. Sega is developing M&S. It'd be kind of like Capcom vs Snk and SNK vs Capcom.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@bluebomber22
i see your point but how does that change anything? why would Sega release a game that they know is crappy?...oh wait...never mind

@J-Soup
Saturn blew. were it not for Virtua Fighter and NiGHTS, it woudlve been the irst $300 paperweight in history
Ya'll are forgetting Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game rocked.

Smooth Criminal

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Del you've been such a pooper recently, so it's glad to see you're seeing the bright side to this crap.

Sonic 4 Brawl.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Anyone notice in the Zero Samus picture of the most recent update that there is a Sonic head in one the screens? Shapening the picture is required it is found in the This World... Threat (most recent)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Anyone notice in the Zero Samus picture of the most recent update that there is a Sonic head in one the screens? Shapening the picture is required it is found in the This World... Threat (most recent)
That's been proven false. Don't look at that Sonic picture with the sharpening crap; it's photoshop'd.

Look at the REAL picture on the Dojo site and sharpen it and all that. He's not there.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
ahh ok, anyways...I was jsut suprised that it was not in the discussion...although I have nothing to do with it...I find it interesting that Sonic is wanted in the SSB series, his birth is from sega...I guess he is famous enough that a good amount of the public wants him...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
People want Mario and Sonic fights, thats probably why..... I don't I just want Sonic in it cause I've wanted him in smash since Melee and he's a perfect addition.

SonicMario

Smash Master
What might be possible, is that since this is on the Wii. And the only game that Sonic has on the Wii is Sonic and the Secret Rings, there might be references to that game instead of the Multi-console games. So in Adventure Mode (SubSpace Emissiary), some of the enemies might be those spirits in the game. I know SiD could be mad about that (Which unfortunely isn't right here now). But i think that it is a possibility since people that play the Wii may know SatSR but maybe not other games, so Sakauri may be smart and put some Secret Rings stuff. Put smaybe some of that music, or even a (God Forbid) stage based on the game instead of original ones like Green Hill Zone. But if he is in, i would rather they made a sidescrolling Green Hill Zone in it. But wouldn't be surprised to see something from Secret Rings.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That doesn't prove anything... The Sonic on there looks like a reused render, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. It also doesn't have the graphical detail that Brawl has.

EDIT: They're all reused renders, meh. Oh well, but still I don't think it proves anything.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ That doesn't prove anything ^^ It doesn't mean Sonic's in Brawl it means best buy in Canada thinks he's in Brawl. Until a final confirmation from Sakurai himself I'm not believing anything.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
What might be possible, is that since this is on the Wii. And the only game that Sonic has on the Wii is Sonic and the Secret Rings, there might be references to that game instead of the Multi-console games. So in Adventure Mode (SubSpace Emissiary), some of the enemies might be those spirits in the game. I know SiD could be mad about that (Which unfortunely isn't right here now). But i think that it is a possibility since people that play the Wii may know SatSR but maybe not other games, so Sakauri may be smart and put some Secret Rings stuff. Put smaybe some of that music, or even a (God Forbid) stage based on the game instead of original ones like Green Hill Zone. But if he is in, i would rather they made a sidescrolling Green Hill Zone in it. But wouldn't be surprised to see something from Secret Rings.
The powers are pretty lame, mostly the speed up and slow down of time, booorrrrinnng....

And that jerk is at BlizzCon!!! That Mofo better tell me everything I want to know about StarCraft 2....or I'll.....give him a wedgie and make up stupid meanings for his name (SiD)....like Smashboards is Dumb.....yea....get everybody to hate him....
TELL ME ABOUT SC2!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
FAKE

1. That Sonic is a official artwork from Sonic Heroes

2. That Wario is a custom alternate color in Purple instead of blue. Probably from Smash Bros. Arena.

3. The background is a thing from Melee. If Sonic is confirmed, then i guess Pichu is too.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
FAKE

2. That Wario is a custom alternate color in Purple instead of blue. Probably from Smash Bros. Arena.

3. The background is a thing from Melee. If Sonic is confirmed, then i guess i am gay too
why are you homosexual

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic Confirmed?
this is an actual coupon from Canada Bestbuy to preorder brawl
its a fkaeee boyieeeee fake dammit its notreal. you cant buy itno crap lkie that man
FAKE.

Man, guys--give it up. We're not stupid.

Well, Killswitch is, but that's another story.

Lol, JK Kill.
hahahha j-suop is stil awake hahha nice. waht why isk-sizzie stiupd?

FAKE

3. The background is a thing from Melee. If Sonic is confirmed, then i guess Pichu is too.
perhaps i agreevdd

goodnighhtt everobdy...sonic 4 blraw

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
SonicMario he's starting with you, Come on your probably some n00b Mathownsxd that comes on threads starting stuff with people who don't believe your bull**** theories.
now now kids, play nice. this is a discussion thread, not a rip each other's heads off thread.

anyway. I'm not that excited about Sonic being in Brawl. I mean, if he is, awesome, and if he isn't, well, he isn't. I know it would be traumatic, but hey, there's always the sequel to Brawl, right?

plus, I get to pass the time by playing as him in the flash version of smash bros

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
still bestbuy put a picture of him in the coupon,
the samus is even from the new metroid for wii
Yeah well that's ridiculous.

I'd hate to be Best Buy in the instance that Sonic didn't make it into Brawl.

*notices which topic I'm in*

Not that it's going to happen or anything!

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is the character I most of all want to see in Brawl as one of the third-party characters. :D

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
now now kids, play nice. this is a discussion thread, not a rip each other's heads off thread.

anyway. I'm not that excited about Sonic being in Brawl. I mean, if he is, awesome, and if he isn't, well, he isn't. I know it would be traumatic, but hey, there's always the sequel to Brawl, right?

plus, I get to pass the time by playing as him in the flash version of smash bros
I'm trying to make a point I don't like noobs spamming the threads. Also if SEGA doesn't include Sonic now they probably won't ever..... I think it was said Sonic was to appear in Melee, but it was nothing more than a rumor. This is the perfect chance for the disappointed fans, who got nothing Sonic out of Melee get Sonic in Brawl, besides it's much, much more popular then ever. Rumors have really just been about Sonic lately because of how surprising and how cool it would be to include him. Also a sequel probably won't be released until the next Nintendo system........ in like 8 years or something.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
so did that Icy-whatever dude ever reappear to give us the 2 snapshots he claimed he had???
hehehehehe...
i bet he was gonna post 2 of the photos hectichobo posted...

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
the dude who did the pictures, I must give him credit. They're obviously fake, but still they were really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom