• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, imagine Sonic at the end of Mario's adventure mode, cross-armed, and tapping his foot. Then they fight.

and I cry a little.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
dunno if this link has already been posted or whatever but check this out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFwom89sEQ

quite convincing if what he says is true??
That does make a lot of sense, but it's kinda just summing up and putting into "laments terms" for those who aren't following every magazine and interview. it's basically that a lot of people think Sonic would be cool in Brawl, nothing else really. the swedish magazine has been claimed false too.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, of course it's not hard proof it just shows that nintendo and sega are trading saliva at the moment so sonic's appearance is possible - however, it might not even be posted in an update on Smashbros.com it could be made apparent even after the game is released and everyone will be surprised when they play VS. mode 1000 times ;)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yeah, of course it's not hard proof it just shows that nintendo and sega are trading saliva at the moment so sonic's appearance is possible - however, it might not even be posted in an update on Smashbros.com it could be made apparent even after the game is released and everyone will be surprised when they play VS. mode 1000 times ;)
That's exactly the problem. We know Snake is in the game, but so far, he hasn't had an update. If Sakurai is keeping hush-hush on hidden characters, we'll know. And that also means we'll never get an update for the hidden characters on the Dojo. So we're out of luck til December 3rd.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
I think its better that way anyway - more anticipation.

Like When Melee came out I hadn't read any spoilers or anything and i was so surprised to find my friend had unlocked Mewtwo as a playable character. I **** myself...

I'm gonna say that i think sonic will be a playable character - although i don't really think he should be; He isn't old school! he doesn't deserve a spot.

Del Money

Smash Champion
they cant forget shadow! also tails is way to cheesy for brawl
"Hee Hee - Double Posting Is Fun"...oh..um sorry. yeah Tails isnt cheezy. hes just been made to look like a ***** since SA2 (even a bit in SA1). honestly Tails is probably not in but if another character should be in, it's rightfully (as much as ihate to admit it as a Knuckles fan) Tails. Shadow should not be seen as the 2nd most recognizable character (besides Robuttnik) from the Sonic franchise. he's just been made to look that way thanks to fanboys and now look where Sega is...

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
"Hee Hee - Double Posting Is Fun"...oh..um sorry. yeah Tails isnt cheezy. hes just been made to look like a ***** since SA2 (even a bit in SA1). honestly Tails is probably not in but if another character should be in, it's rightfully (as much as ihate to admit it as a Knuckles fan) Tails. Shadow should not be seen as the 2nd most recognizable character (besides Robuttnik) from the Sonic franchise. he's just been made to look that way thanks to fanboys and now look where Sega is...
Sega did that to themselves. If they had stopped intorducing people after shadow we wouldn't have a problem. But noooooo. Now we brought back Chaotix, without Mighty, freakin' Cream the Rabbit, Jet the Hawk and the Babylon rouges, Blaze the Cat and the mother of all terrible Sonic characters: Silver The Hedgehog.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sega did that to themselves. If they had stopped intorducing people after shadow we wouldn't have a problem. But noooooo. Now we brought back Chaotix, without Mighty, freakin' Cream the Rabbit, Jet the Hawk and the Babylon rouges, Blaze the Cat and the mother of all terrible Sonic characters: Silver The Hedgehog.
QFT...and i must say im glad theres a mutual respect for Mighty the Armadillo, hes is missed greatly (except in the comics)

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
You gotta admit though, Sega dug a deep grave for themselves. But if their relations with Nintendo are still good we might end up with either Sonic and Tails or perhaps Sonic and Nights, or maybe Sonic and AiAi (Super Monkey Ball is a big Nintendo/Sega Franchise after all. And NiGHTS is coming to the Wii. Just a thought.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
You gotta admit though, Sega dug a deep grave for themselves. But if their relations with Nintendo are still good we might end up with either Sonic and Tails or perhaps Sonic and Nights, or maybe Sonic and AiAi (Super Monkey Ball is a big Nintendo/Sega Franchise after all. And NiGHTS is coming to the Wii. Just a thought.)
i hope you dont mean as playable in brawl...i really doubt any 3rd party company is gonna squeeze 2 representaives into those slots. its possible but i really doubt (and i doubt itll be AiAi)

for anyone interested on the whole Sega "reinvented Sonic" thingamahoocher, heres an article for your reading pleasure
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sega-No-More-Sonic-50836.shtml

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well with the new sonic wii game out you can see that they are trying to go back to the roots, cut back on new characters, and all-in-all make better sonic games. i thought the jumping was difficult in that game however

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
i hope you dont mean as playable in brawl...i really doubt any 3rd party company is gonna squeeze 2 representaives into those slots. its possible but i really doubt (and i doubt itll be AiAi)
Well I figured either NiGHTS or Sonic as playable if any Sega characters get in. One of the many "Player 2" characters from Sonic could be an Assist Trophie. And, again, it depends on how relations with Rare and Capcom are holding up. If Rare is doing better with Nintendo than Capcom we might end up with Banjo Kazooie or frickin' Conker instead of Megaman, or Leon, or Joe. There's just so much to consider you know.
And yeah, I don't think AiAi is gonna make the cut either. Especially if Diddy does.

Del Money

Smash Champion
well with the new sonic wii game out you can see that they are trying to go back to the roots, cut back on new characters, and all-in-all make better sonic games. i thought the jumping was difficult in that game however
going back to the roots? feels more like the opposite. only thing they manage to do right was making the levels all about running..no treasure hunting, no shooting, and NO FISHING. what they did wrong is "Sonic on rails". personally i see it as a slap in the face to put a free roaming platforming game icons on a predetermined path. i was so mad when they first announced the game and how it would feature on rails gameplay...**** that, put Mario on rails and see how many people would like it. i still havent played the game and i know itll be one of the first (if not the very first) games i get for the Wii but personally i hoped that we would get a fully free roaming adventure for Sonic just like all the 3D ones (minus the glitches, camera and such) and just like the 2D ones (plus the visual depth and present-day technology). taking a break from Sonic is most likely a very smart move...lets just hope its not too long a break and then when Sonic returns...hes suckier than before

@SuperAce
wait a sec...is Nintendo contacting Rare? i would think there would be bad-blood between em

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Man, now I see why you want Sonic in Brawl so bad. This is his last chance for him to fix his rep.
If Sega didn't rent Sonic out to every other developer they could find, then he might still be reputable, but you can check on the rep. The Hedgehog is currently second to all but one.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Man, now I see why you want Sonic in Brawl so bad. This is his last chance for him to fix his rep.
If Sega didn't rent Sonic out to every other developer they could find, then he might still be reputable, but you can check on the rep. The Hedgehog is currently second to all but one.
the thing is that Sonic's games for handhelds like the DS and GBA werent all that bad (according to many, i personally have played any of em) but i think the console titles are expected to sell better and reach more people...it just seems like these days these relatively not too many people use handhelds except the hardcore gamers...me personally i havent used a handheld in almost 4 years (age 15). but i dunno

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
the thing is that Sonic's games for handhelds like the DS and GBA werent all that bad (according to many, i personally have played any of em) but i think the console titles are expected to sell better and reach more people...it just seems like these days these relatively not too many people use handhelds except the hardcore gamers...me personally i havent used a handheld in almost 4 years (age 15). but i dunno
That's because, unlike secret rings, they get back to what made Sonic and Sonic 2 fun. High speed action, side scrolling and no lame player two aspect. The boss battles in Rush were adventure style, but that was the only thing i liked about the adventure series so that's not too bad. But if Sonic and Mario falls through, and if Sonic Rush 2 falls through, then I'm afraid that our little blue friend is going the way of Lindsy Lohan's career. Oops, did I say that? :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
That's because, unlike secret rings, they get back to what made Sonic and Sonic 2 fun. High speed action, side scrolling and no lame player two aspect. The boss battles in Rush were adventure style, but that was the only thing i liked about the adventure series so that's not too bad.
wait so Sonic Rush had a 3D aspect?
But if Sonic and Mario falls through, and if Sonic Rush 2 falls through, then I'm afraid that our little blue friend is going the way of Lindsy Lohan's career. Oops, did I say that? :laugh:
lol...what career? oops did i say that?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Boy howdy.
Yeah, the 3-d was just boss battles.
But now you really understand why I want him classic style or else absent?
well yeah but does classic style have to mean 2-D? its a huge insult to have Sonic, the 2nd biggest icon is platform gaming be slapping into 2D when all Sega needs to do is fix their bugs and keep the gameplay all about running exploration. watch this...im not sure if ive shown it to you alredy but is a fanmade (but now discontinued) 3D Sonic game that was in development. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8SuCZqu6zY. and lemme know what you think?

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and GL is looking nice. I would have gone with diffrent music, but the camera looks like it works the way it should. Properly. Maybe this is what was supposed to happen when Dreamcast first came out.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Oh, and GL is looking nice. I would have gone with diffrent music, but the camera looks like it works the way it should. Properly. Maybe this is what was supposed to happen when Dreamcast first came out.
yeah the music sucks lol. but still thats the type of Sonic game i want to play. even in Knuckles and Tails are playable, i want it too feel like 2D Sonic except in 3D. all the springs...all the platforms...a boss (with a better AI) at the end of each act. and Sega has just failed. the creator of Sonic GL was just a one man army...so why cant a team of developers keep it together?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sonic has been confirmed. Click the link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom