• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I know the odds are he wont cause of like legal **** or w/e I heard but people can still hope.
its not really a matter of legality. its more like Sega's ability to screw this up on command. maybe the Sega corporation should be a brawl character will a final smash ability of maybe all the characters have crappyass voice-acting and rotating the camera angle so it gets stuck behind a wall
You sir, are lying.
no im not, i told him if he didnt sign the Sonic '06 petition that i wasnt gonna click his link
Del Money, I signed your petition! The donation was optional, right?
thanks, and yes its optional...i didnt donate

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Why would anyone sign that petition, not like the game would suck any less on the PC.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Why would anyone sign that petition, not like the game would suck any less on the PC.
maybe to let people who havent played it and dont wanna buy a 360/PS3 (a.k.a Nintendo fanboys like most people here) a chance to try it and find out by themselves how good or bad it is without ignorant people like you making up their mind for them

oh and for viewing pleasure...here is why Sonic wont be in Brawl...

...that makes no sense. That increases his chance IMO.

It's not like Brawl is SUPPOSED to be the first time Mario and Sonic are in a game together.
Del Money said:
basically when Nintendo contacted Sega, Sega probably said something gay like "der...we got a better idea" and we all know how "good" Sega's ideas really are. so they hatch up this plan to be like "oh we want to go an Olympic game, wanna put Mario and friends in?" and then Shigeru Miyamoto was like "no way, mah *****. i aint gonna let you guys mess up MY star characters. y'all have already messed up your own". then Sega was like "what if we let you supervise it? cmon Shig's we NEED Mario". and then Shig's be like "aight son calm down yo...ill let you have Mario and friend and I'LL supervise BUT YOU HAVE TO sell the impression that Sonic will be in brawl via subtle hints from this game and then everyone will want brawl then by 12/4/07 ill make dat ***** Sakurai reveal the final Sonic-less roster. Deal?" Sega dude responds "DEAL".

and there you have it

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ LOL..... AAAAAAAAGGGHHH, Stupid SEGA, O.K. SEGA if your reading this by any chance possible listen, The Olympics will 99.9% not cut it for us, come on......it's the Olympics......who cares about the Olympics for christ sakes. I never watch the Olympics......ever, then you stick both Mario and Sonic in it knowing they have uneven traits thats gonna f*** up the gameplay or we'll notice things that make no d*** sense like Mario running at Sonic speed. What the hell SEGA..... this is your idea of fun, Brawl is the only way that we can show Sonic doing something we all can enjoy, What's up with the whole "The Olympics provides better neutral ground for both Mario and Sonic," NO IT F****** doesn't. Mario can't run, Sonic can't swim. Eggman's fat self can't do anything in the Olympics honestly. This is possibly the worst way SEGA could hurt us, if this is their lame-a** excuse (cause we all know they will have one) Thats it if Sonic isn't in Brawl screw buying another one of your crappy games, because I'll end up getting into it and when another time comes up like this you'll let me down. Feel's good to get that out, but SEGA probably won't even see it....... unless I write a letter, yea that should scare them *begins writing*:mad:

Del: It seems you've given up on the Hedgehog or is it sarcasm??? I'll continue to support, but I don't feel like being let down if he's not in. Man I wish we could just get the answer now. Sonic why did you have to be raised by monkeys.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
? okaaaaayyyyyy then

i really think there is a chance of sonic getting in the game (yes even if he's taking a break) but im being pessimistic because Sega has already given rights to a game for sonic and mario to be competing in. they probably won't give rights for SSBB because of the first reason: they already had given rights for sonic and mario to be in one game. sega could have given rights before all of this but it seems to me that alot of people (im exaggerating the amount) are saying he won't be in because hes taking a break (apparently though i hope not).

I want sonic in the game because then i can play with one of my favorite characters but im being pessimistic about his chances of being in the game even if it isn't likely.

im sorry if im sounding ambiguous

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del: It seems you've given up on the Hedgehog or is it sarcasm??? I'll continue to support, but I don't feel like being let down if he's not in. Man I wish we could just get the answer now. Sonic why did you have to be raised by monkeys.
youre damm right ive given up...you know that feeling where you think about something sooo long and hope its not gonna happen but it happens anyway? this is the prime example... why else would they release such a lame game and hope for it to sell just cuz Sonic and Mario are in it. i honestly now think Sega is trying to screw themselves. why else would the Olympics Games thing be coming out...and how come it CONVENIENTLY gets announced this year when Sonic for brawl news is expected to be here. i wanted to buy the "hype" theory. i TRIED to buy the "hype" theory. but theres just sometimes when you gotta look harder and read between the bull****
? okaaaaayyyyyy then
what the **** is that supposed to mean?
i really think there is a chance of sonic getting in the game (yes even if he's taking a break) but im being pessimistic because Sega has already given rights to a game for sonic and mario to be competing in. they probably won't give rights for SSBB because of the first reason: they already had given rights for sonic and mario to be in one game. sega could have given rights before all of this but it seems to me that alot of people (im exaggerating the amount) are saying he won't be in because hes taking a break (apparently though i hope not).
Sonic taking a break was NOT my reasoning for Sonic being deconfirmed. that stupidass olympics game IS the reason for him being confirmed. why brag so damm much about Sonic & Mario being together as a phenomenon if youre gonna be slapping him in brawl a couple weeks later? thats just dumb. im not buying the "hype" theory anymore. if it was hype, then that idiot wouldve said "that's not was i'm discussing" or "thats not on the table at the moment" INSTEA OF "that's not on the cards at the moment". what the hell are "the cards"? is it some random game Sega plays to determine if they gonna make a smart business decision or not? perhaps their deck has been rigged since 1999, those ****ers

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
SEGA probably believes in some stupid theory of "the cards" the must of got lucky the first few time then now it's all f***** up. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is stupid to hell with that idea......I WANT SONIC IN BRAWL......There's no f****ing way I waited this long. SEGA not everyone thinks Mario and Sonic should be duking it out. I want Sonic in Brawl cause I like Sonic and he's perfect for the game.

Del Money

Smash Champion
SEGA probably believes in some stupid theory of "the cards" the must of got lucky the first few time then now it's all f***** up. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is stupid to hell with that idea......I WANT SONIC IN BRAWL......There's no f****ing way I waited this long. SEGA not everyone thinks Mario and Sonic should be duking it out. I want Sonic in Brawl cause I like Sonic and he's perfect for the game.
glad we're on the same page...no pun intended...

i must be losing my mind, but that hedgehog (the blue hedgehog, SiD) needs to be in brawl

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
SEGA probably believes in some stupid theory of "the cards"
*Yugi Moto kicks in the door and the pyramid-shaped bling danglin' off his chain (the lil' gangsta) starts glowing*

"HEART OF THE CARDS, GUIDE ME!!!"

. . . . I hope that wasn't lost on anyone.

Anyway Sonic for Brawl. I choose to ignore all this sensible talk of why his chances don't look so good anymore. Logic's for squares.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
maybe this idea can brighten up this thread, man its gloomy in here.

When game companies find something that works, they milk it for all its worth. For example Mega Man, Mario, Sonic, all having tons of games and spinoffs. Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games could be the perfect example of this. They could be just trying to cover all their market base.

Sonic & Mario- For the casual gamer
Brawl- more avid gamer

I'm betting that although S&M will be their first appearance together, it sure as hell wont be the last. Think about why S&M is coming out first before brawl. Its because they know most people wont buy it when they can get Sonic and Mario in SSBB which is a much better game.

You might then say well wouldn't they release S&M a lot sooner than brawl's release to get a lot more customers? The answer is yes, but not if the S&M was a last minute half-baked idea. Think about it, they announced and are releasing it in the same year! This game was not carefully planned and in development for years like Brawl. It sounds like it was just an after thought.

Sakurai: Hey can we use Sonic for brawl

Sega: yeah sure why not

Sega Marketing: hey, how can WE make money off this

Sakurai: can we use him or not?

Sega Marketing: Lets come out with a Sonic and Mario at the olympics game! It has to come out before brawl so we can get money!

Sakurai: Brawl is on schedule and we already have a release date planned that we're gonna tell at E3

Miyamoto: Just let them, we got some spare mario party mini game ideas and stuff lyin aroung here somewhere....

Sega Marketing: Great! we'll use those! we don't care how the game turns out, as long as it has the big names on it to bring in the dough!

Capcom: Hey, thats my line!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@bluebomber22
i see your point but how does that change anything? why would Sega release a game that they know is crappy?...oh wait...never mind

@J-Soup
Saturn blew. were it not for Virtua Fighter and NiGHTS, it woudlve been the irst $300 paperweight in history

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@bluebomber22
i see your point but how does that change anything? why would Sega release a game that they know is crappy?...oh wait...never mind

@J-Soup
Saturn blew. were it not for Virtua Fighter and NiGHTS, it woudlve been the irst $300 paperweight in history
agreed. keep hope alive my brotha!

Sega Saturn good games:

virtua fighter & cop, NiGHTS, Daytona USA.

nothing else lol

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i can think of something worse than the Saturn...
but if i even bring it up...
im afraid my face might get beaten in with a mallet...
the 32X...
eww...
SEGA really made a lot of terrible mistakes...

Del Money

Smash Champion
i just dont get how your so calm and confident all the time, bluebomber, i try to be the laid back kid here with all the answers and the potty mouth (oh yes the potty mouth)..lol...im losing it now...that stupid fake Sonic confirmation really pushed me over the edge today but not because i ever believed it (which i didnt) but because people are gonna keep being stupid and making things like that to build hype and its most likely anti-Sonic people laughing in our faces about something they see as so unlikely. not once have i seen a single Megaman hoax...or Geno...the only one i ever saw was a Diddy hoax and that guy was a total n00b anyways and not a hater

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i just dont get how your so calm and confident all the time, bluebomber, i try to be the laid back kid here with all the answers and the potty mouth (oh yes the potty mouth)..lol...im losing it now...that stupid fake Sonic confirmation really pushed me over the edge today but not because i ever believed it (which i didnt) but because people are gonna keep being stupid and making things like that to build hype and its most likely anti-Sonic people laughing in our faces about something they see as so unlikely. not once have i seen a single Megaman hoax...or Geno...the only one i ever saw was a Diddy hoax and that guy was a total n00b anyways and not a hater
i hate all this gay hoax crap too cuz when we finally do get some info it will be hard to believe. I guess until we know for sure, I woud rather be happy and hopeful for characters like Sonic and mega man because there is A LOT less to look forward too without them in this game. I'm just hoping that Sakurai, Sega, and Capcpm realize this as well......

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's because of all the speculated third party inclusions, Sonic seems most likely to most people. And for good reason.

The Sonic hoaxes may be made by haters, but they pick Sonic because they know he's wanted most, and he most easily believed. If someone had made a Geno hoax, most people, I think, would instantly call bull****—even those who want him in. But with Sonic, more people actually believe these things.

[not jinxing it]Sonic's just so gosh darn likely.[/not jinxing it]

Del Money

Smash Champion
i can think of something worse than the Saturn...
but if i even bring it up...
im afraid my face might get beaten in with a mallet...
the 32X...
eww...
ewww...is rgiht..thanks alot, now i wont be able to eat my ****ing dinner (if i ever get off my *** to make it)
He's right Del. You're lucky to have hoaxes like that--it only reestablishes Sonic as the leading 3rd party choice.
i guess being the leading 3rd party choice is ok. prehpas im just too impatient. wow this kinda is Garuda's fault...he indirectly encouraged my pessimism
Hell, I wish I had a Bomberman hoax every once and a while to keep me sharp. At least it would mean he's popular.
he is popular...just n00bs dont know...you should have a sig saying "WHATCHU KNOW BOUT B-MIZZLE MOTHERFIZZLE"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Trust me. Sonic is in.
Please don't bring that "my friend works for Nintendo and he totally said Sonic would be in the japanese version" crap in here. We're trying to discourage these hoaxes.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Trust me. Sonic is in.
i agree with you. i actually have the prereleased japanese version as well. i wanna do a cover scan of it and ill PM it to you so we can compare. let me go find it. im not sure if its here with me or at my friend's house, the friend who had the japanese pre-release of M&S at the Olympics Games as well as Super Mario Galaxy 4

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i agree with you. i actually have the prereleased japanese version as well. i wanna do a cover scan of it and ill PM it to you so we can compare. let me go find it. im not sure if its here with me or at my friend's house, the friend who had the japanese pre-release of M&S at the Olympics Games as well as Super Mario Galaxy 4
ROFLMAO! hahaahahaha. yeah mega man is in the game too trust me. i was the lead designer for brawl and I oversaw all of the final character designs

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've seen an IGN Article say something about 3rd Parties that have or still going to be crossed over with some of the fighters. But here is the thing they said for Sonic's possible way in.
Sonic the Hedgehog
First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog, Genesis, 1991

Crossed Over: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Wii, 2007

And, of course, we must end with the clear and obvious selection. The fans are clamoring for Sonic to become a Smash Brother, and have been ever since the release of the previous game, Melee, back in 2001. The rivalry between Sega's Sonic and Nintendo's Mario is an epic one, and no one living in the early '90s would have ever guessed that the two characters would one day work together. But Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games will see the two going head-to-head in the same game for the very first time, and that one confirmed cross-over is more than enough to fuel months' worth of speculation about the possibility of another. We'd be shocked and amazed if Sonic didn't appear in Brawl – call this one a near-guarantee.
I may be just be hoping. I believe IGN only have the more "Up there" people putting down the articles or else there would be 1,000 posts from new members about the game. Even though it kinda says speculating that M&SatOG assures Sonic's appearence. There are many things that could mean he is in Brawl, and if he is not in Brawl.

Possible ways Sonic is in Brawl
1. Sakauri stated Sonic as the most requested 3rd Party.
2. Many big guns in Sega & Nintendo want him in.
3. Sega & Nintendo are good friends now.
4. Mass popularity. (Heard Pit got in because of outstanding popularity)
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olymic Games states 1st game with Mario & Sonic in. But it realeases before Brawl. Thus not counting Sonic out of Brawl yet.
6. Many spots are still open, and if Mr. Smash Bros. keeps his promise for another 3rd Party andfinds the 3rd party character in Brawl dart board. The bigger target will be Sonic.
7. Sonic games have more success on Nintendo consoles then Sony and Microsoft combined
8. Sega uses their mascot for almost everything

Possible ways Sonic isn't in Brawl
1. Sega haven't recalled anything (Although they could be keeping it secret with Nintendo)
2. Sakauri may have already chosen his other 3rd Party(s).
3. Sega afraid that Sonic in Brawl will just lower down sales of M&SatOG.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Trust me. Sonic is in.
-_-

We'll see about that. You better be around the day this game comes out, and all of your predictions better be true. (not that I want all of them to be true.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
And I'm really Sakurai. Tee-hee!

Oh crap--here comes Dylan....

*RUNS FOR LIFE*
HAHAHHAHAH DYLAN HAHAHHAAHH

@SonicMario
as informative as that was...it didnt reassure anything. if ive learned anything from Sega as well as life...if somethings too good to be true...it usually is. but ill stop being negative and stop ruling **** out. i just dont wanna be slap-happy about it and they get broken in two come 12/3/07

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
My theory is that when Nintendo asked Sega if they could put Sonic in Brawl, Sega said: "Okay, you can use Sonic, but you gotta let us do this game." (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games)

Just my thoughts.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
My theory is that when Nintendo asked Sega if they could put Sonic in Brawl, Sega said: "Okay, you can use Sonic, but you gotta let us do this game." (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games)

Just my thoughts.
Actually this sounds pretty logical to me. Sega is developing M&S. It'd be kind of like Capcom vs Snk and SNK vs Capcom. I'll bet Beijing was looking to all sorts of opportunities for exposure and it all came together at the same time.

Del Money

Smash Champion

Just my thoughts.
sounds logical and i hope youre right

SonicMario

Smash Master
@SonicMario
as informative as that was...it didnt reassure anything. if ive learned anything from Sega as well as life...if somethings too good to be true...it usually is. but ill stop being negative and stop ruling **** out. i just dont wanna be slap-happy about it and they get broken in two come 12/3/07
@Del Money
I can understand that. I'm not trying to put people in to the too positive state. Like how most Pro-Sonic nOObs do on their 1st posts. But i want to also avoid the state where we have no hope when our hope haven't been gained or loss yet. Just want to avoid all the swearing and the pessimistic attitudes about this. Just want people to be what they were like during most of the thread. SiD making humorus one-liners, k!llswitch always checking and occasional replys, wearn't those better pages?

I just want to say 2 things.

1. If Sonic is in Brawl, what would be really weird but unlikely. Is that they put Sonic in his Classic black-eyed style instead of his recent. It would be weird and like already said unlikely. But nobody can judge the Development team that i know.

2. If he is in, how would he play in the "Subspace Emissiary" adventure mode. It will apparently have a story that includes stuff from a character's games. Anybody have their guesses?

Garuda

Smash Ace
M&SatOG feels more like a personal competition that Mario and Sonic should do alone. But I find that Sonic would make a great special guest in Brawl.

Ha, what'd I tell ya, Del?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
The story is something that interest me a lot. I see a Sonic and Mario story plot. Shaking hands, and just being the moment the parents get out the camera's and take pictures while saying AWWW. I wouldn't know if Sakurai is gonna put that much concentration on a character that's not even his.

Del Money

Smash Champion
2. If he is in, how would he play in the "Subspace Emissiary" adventure mode. It will apparently have a story that includes stuff from a character's games. Anybody have their guesses?
ive also been wondering that. whether they will incorporate addition aspects of the Sonic games into his adventure or not...
M&SatOG feels more like a personal competition that Mario and Sonic should do alone. But I find that Sonic would make a great special guest in Brawl.

Ha, what'd I tell ya, Del?
hmm...i guess we'll have to see. its just way too doosh to leave us hanging if Sonic is not in. i wanna hear hes deconfirmed first (yes everyone my mood has changed again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom