• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Thrash*

Smash Cadet
Sorry about that, HyperFalcon. I was just trying to prove a point, and I thought that would be the best way to do it. You can call him Hyper if you want. I don't want this thread to turn into a debate over the name, so I'll keep it on topic.

Yes, the bounce should have low priority and mainly used as a suprise attack... I'm seeing a downward Fox Illusion as a good bounce method(start lag, semi-low priority, grabbable, etc.)

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Grizz Lee said:
Thats the reason those moves have lag time, because if they don't they become the ultimate move. People would just constantly Down B, and bounce around the eniter map, because when they are in the air, they can attack. Gottem.
Like Kaid said make it have very low priority, I can also see of giving it really low range too, so it can be more limited to a combo breaker.

kaid

Smash Master
If Bounce had really low priority and no startup lag, but lagged at the end until you were at maximum or almost maximum height of the bounce, (say, around character head height) it would eliminate the abuse of bounce-aerial spamming. Since Sonic would be a fastfaller, he would be able to, say, SH rising fair bounce fair lcancel, but it WOULD leave him open a bit.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I WILL REVIVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

sonic has a better chance of being in ssbb then snake he has been on soooooo many NINTENDO consoles infact for a second I thought they teamed up!!!!!!!!!!!

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
sonic would be awesome! his moveset would be very hard to make though ill give it a shot though
A- He does a kick combo like fox does 1%-2%
A>- he would do a forward punch 10%-18%
^A- does a fox ujp smash 12%-20%
Down A- does fox's down smash 10%-16%
B- u charge up and do yoshis egg spin thing and go around the atage as a ball 7%-10%
B>- does fox'sover b 5%-13%
^B- ssamus's up b (is only one hit if foe is struck by it) 6%-12%
down B- does his bouce where u bouce around in a ball form 5%-8%
well thats all i got, i dont think they will make is air moves like he shoots forward because u could easily end up killing urself. :laugh:

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Im still a bit worried that Sonic doesn't get the spotlight he deserves, because he didn't got support at Sakurai's Poll. Or maybe SEGA will get stupid and say no. I really hope he gets in.
I remember I wanted Banjo-Kazooie for Melee, cuz he was my favorite character back then and I thought he had high chances to get in. But my wish didn't come true thanks to Billy Gates buying Rareware.
Now my new fav is Sonic da hedgehog, and since Snake's appereance, he has better chances than any 3rd party.

EDIT: Hey Meta, that moveset is maybe a bit too fox for me. But that's OK, cuz I want Sonic to be TOP TIER!!!

kaid

Smash Master
...did any of you read the FIRST POST?

I had a complete moveset, and reasons he should be in.

Please note, Spindash is a Smash attack. He can't do it in the air.

The reason this topic died was because there was nothing left to say.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
im making vid's of how he will be in ssbm check ssbm's misc videos often to find sonic in super smash bros

were he needs to take tests and stuff to get in brawl some vids are jokes though on the same topic such as #2

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Why is it that every time I see someone make a Sonic moveset, Down-B is listed as "Bounce"? This is WRONG. YOU LOSE. Sorry. :p Down-B in the AIR can be Bounce, while Down-B on the ground absolutely HAS to be the Spindash. Have you people ever even played a Sonic game?

kaid

Smash Master
I have Sidesmash as spindash. It charges, and leaves the character in Run animation, which needs a lateral input to be continued.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I reiterate, ever played Sonic 2, 3, & Knuckles? Hold Down-B to start charging, then continue holding down and tap B a bunch of times to charge it up. Let go to go flying. That ~IS~ the Spindash.

kaid

Smash Master
The trouble is coming up with a replacement sidesmash. This way, we can put more REAL Sonic moves in the game on the same moveset.

It was suggested that Sonic Wind become B, then have flame tackle be sidesmash and Spindash shares vB with Bounce. Bounce is air only, Spindash is ground only.

The question is whether we want Sonic Wind, as it was only from the vs mode on 1 game.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I want sonic wind f its sonic's shot attack from sonic battle but I want it so u can move frontwards while preforming the move.

side B hmmm thats the problem.howbout jump dash in air and that dash that wasts that guage in sonic rush on the ground.

up B can either be tails or a hidden spring which u pull out to jump on.

dash+a can be the slide on the floor thingy from sonic heroes when ur sonic and u press B without your team mates giving u a boost.

smash A can be his heavy attack from sonic battle

kaid

Smash Master
Foward B is a manual "Homing Attack" that either goes high, low or straight, like an Ftilt or samus's pistolwhip. (On second though, we're going to need another name for Samus's Fsmash, now that Zamus actually has a whip pistol...)

Fire Somersault could be B, but then Sidesmash is empty.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Wind makes an appearance in Sonic Adventure 2 AND Sonic Battle. In the second, Sonic spins and generates a wind slash that goes horizontally in a short distance. In air, it goes in a diagonally downward trajectory (like Sheik's needles). So I think Sonic can use Sonic Wind as his B move.

*Thrash*

Smash Cadet
Also, Sonic Wind was used as an attack in the 1-Player Story Mode in SA2(Dark:Shadow Vs. Sonic Battle),thereby making it a canon move, and not just a "HAY SNOIc NEeDs 2 HaVE SUM ChAOS SPe4R FOr T3H 2P WTF"move.

kaid

Smash Master
...That was still a blue chaos spear. Sonic in Dark:Shadow Vs. Sonic Battle folows the exact same attack patterns as Shadow in Light:Shadow Vs. Sonic Battle, with Sonic Wind replacing Chaos Spear.

kaid

Smash Master
Did he actually say that, or is sonic just not on his poll?

Because if it's just the poll, there two ways of interpreting that...

kaid

Smash Master
If it's not on his poll, it means he'd already decided, either for or against. (or he forgot about him... but this is SONIC.)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't get any of this... Sonic won't be in the game but Snake made it in? Sega and Nintendo are partners, and everyone wanted him in Melee. I would say he is in and the poll doesn't hinder this fact because he might of been in no matter what the votes. Anyway I would be surprised if he didn't make it in and Nintendo would recieve alot of heat for the huge mistake of not including him. Then again, what do I know... Im not making the game.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Sonic will be so tight if only they could add shadow. Just like how I hope for Zero but know they can't add him without adding megaman

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
Off-topic: I'd be okay with them adding Megaman, as long as it's Megaman X from, well, Megaman X. He looked amazing with all of his ultimate armor.

On-topic: Why would Sakurai not want Sonic in the game? Sonic is third party, yes, but he's arguably more popular than many Nintendo characters, and his popularity even rivals Snake's.

kaid

Smash Master
Assuming Sakura is allowed to put sonic in, sonic WILL be in. If SEGA declines for some reason, he won't.

No reason not to, but either way, there's no need to put it on the poll.

icymatt

Smash Lord
kaid said:
If it's not on his poll, it means he'd already decided, either for or against. (or he forgot about him... but this is SONIC.)
No it doesn't.

It just means none of the comments suggesting Sonic were interesting.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Wonder why Sega would decline. Sonic is pretty much one of the most wanted characters in Brawl. I don't play many Sonic games but even I wouldn't mind seeing him in ( and that's coming from a non fan)

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
icymatt said:
No. Just because Sonic fans can't write well doesn't mean Sonic won't be in the game.
Dont look at me, I didn't send anything to the poll. But I presume Sakurai didn't posted any Sonic requests because he only posted new character ideas, not characters that are already in the game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I think Sonic will be in for sure, just my opinion and well I mean come on! The chances of him not being in the game are less than the chances of him being in there.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
If snake got in we knowthat there is a great possibility. The question is though: If you saw Sonic in the video instead of snake would you react in the same way?

-SMB

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
SMB PORTAL said:
If snake got in we knowthat there is a great possibility. The question is though: If you saw Sonic in the video instead of snake would you react in the same way?

-SMB
No. Because Sonic has a good chance and Snake had like a 1/10 chance of getting in. :dizzy:

icymatt

Smash Lord
Tomasiarity said:
Dont look at me, I didn't send anything to the poll. But I presume Sakurai didn't posted any Sonic requests because he only posted new character ideas, not characters that are already in the game.
Lots of characters didn't get mentioned. It doesn't mean they are guaranteed to be in the game, but it also doesn't mean they aren't going to be in the game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom