• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This is very confusing stuff. If I was Sakurai I would put Sonic in regardless of my tastes because I want to get paid out. But Im not Sakurai, its all up to him really...

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I think sonic team will allow him to be in it, they have almost nothing to lose. Super smash bros is also a very good way to get advertisment. I had no idea who kirby, samus, or captain falcon were when the first super smash came out. I now love those games.

JPW

Smash Ace
how cool would it be if they kept this reavealing underwarps, then when the game comes out, some people manage to get to the end of Mario's adventure, and guess who's there waiting for him.

It's Sonic!

I would love to see Snoic in this. and him and Mario have a lot of history. and Mario vs Sonic will always sell.

I can actually imagine Sonic being the biggest suprise. I'm amazed they didn't pull that off at E3. I guess Wildfire is enough. I would be suprised if I saw Sonic, or they even teased us, with a blue dot disappearing across the screen. Plus the reaction for Sonic in Brawl would be huge compared to Snake's shock. Also the hype would double. Nintendo and Sega fans would rejoice. Headlines will be off the charts. Maybe that's why they haven't revealed anything yet.

But I will guarantee this thought has not crossed Hal Laboaratories or Sonic Team mind once. Plus it could help the game so much more.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zodiak-Lucien said:
I think sonic team will allow him to be in it, they have almost nothing to lose. Super smash bros is also a very good way to get advertisment. I had no idea who kirby, samus, or captain falcon were when the first super smash came out. I now love those games.
Exactly. Same goes for me. When I played SSBM, I didn't have a clue who Roy, Marth, and Samus where. I played Metroid Prime, loved it, and played Fire Emblem, and loved it.

I could imagine how hyped the people would get if we found that Sonic was confirmed to be in Brawl.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
*Thrash* said:
Just wondering, what would Kirby look like when he sucks Sonic in?
If anything, the same, except that he will have pink quills at the back of his head.

Or, he could simply have a sonic cap.

Blue Kirby + Sonic Power

Awesome.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Really I think Sonic is the character which 99% of people agree that he should be in Brawl. Can't wait for Nintendo's next news about SSBB.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
*Thrash* said:
Just wondering, what would Kirby look like when he sucks Sonic in?
I think it'd be cool if Kirby, instead of getting a special Sonic hairdo/cap/whatever, instead got Sonic's shoes, seeing that they're his trademark and all. Either that or that disturbingly cool picture McFox made.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
There are so many ways they could include Sonic, he could be the main bad guy in the game as Mario's arch-rival. It could be a character from another video game universe trying to **** up the Nintendo universe (sort of like when the did the DC Comics and Marvel Comics crossover).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Just as long the story isn't revovled around Sonic stealing Princess Peach, I'm all for Sonic being included.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Very nice, did you make that yourself? It's better than most of the other ones I've seen.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Naw, I think it would be bigger than that. But a storyline is still unlikely in this game, so just as long as he's in it, I'm good with that, too.

kaid

Smash Master
parrothead said:
I believe that Sonic would have his fighting moves from Sonic the Fighters.
I am against this. Smash should not be contaminated with conventional fighters. Using his platforming moves and a bit of ingeneuity, we can completely disregard Sonic: the Fighters ever happened.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Then Sonic would have some moves he used in Sonic: The Fighters and some moves he used in other Sonic titles, including his Fire Shield (Sonic 3).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sonic is just waaay too much wanted. I think he does has some changes to be in Brawl but since he isnt on Sakurai's list I honestly doubt he'll be in. Still if hes in, I dont really care anymore since Snake is already in there.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong said:
Sonic is just waaay too much wanted. I think he does has some changes to be in Brawl but since he isnt on Sakurai's list I honestly doubt he'll be in. Still if hes in, I dont really care anymore since Snake is already in there.
Some people still don't understand Sakurai's poll was just a list of people suggestions. I think if Sonic is so wanted everywhere, Sakurai already knows of it and will surely think it twice before not putting him in. Sonic isn't on the list because:
-Nobody bothered in making a Sonic suggestion ( this I very unlikely).
-Sakurai didn't posted any of the Sonic suggestions. Maybe they werent good enough to be posted, or Sakurai didn't want to post character suggestions of characters that are already on the roster.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Whats sad is the lack of pages Sonic's thread has, considering he's everyone's most wanted.

My moveset idea...

B: Sonic Wind (Zelda's B style is the best way I can think of this)

Forward B: Fire Summorsault (sp?)

Down B: Spin Dash (Jigglypuff B style)

Up B: Sonic Spin (Samus Up B style)

Zodiak-Lucien said:
You didn't know Kirby or Samus? WTF?

kaid

Smash Master
Part of the problem is, everyone accepts him. The Ridley thread has people saying he's too big or should be a boss character... The Krystal thread has people getting sidetracked with the fact that she's a foxy lady, and insulting the people who explore all the connotations of that expression.

Also, we hit on a **** good full moveset very early, so we have had a hard time even arguing about THAT.

About all that can be said is "Woo! Go Sonic!" and that isnt really a discussion.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
kaid said:
Part of the problem is, everyone accepts him. The Ridley thread has people saying he's too big or should be a boss character... The Krystal thread has people getting sidetracked with the fact that she's a foxy lady, and insulting the people who explore all the connotations of that expression.

Also, we hit on a **** good full moveset very early, so we have had a hard time even arguing about THAT.

About all that can be said is "Woo! Go Sonic!" and that isnt really a discussion.
Partially my main reason why I don't bother discussing Sonic as a potential character :laugh: It's all just "YEAH! THAT WOULD ROCK! WOOOO!" and nobody actually thinks up the logistics XD XD

kaid

Smash Master
The logisitics have been done. Yuji Naka, former head of Sonic Team, has experssed interest... Sega has supported GC since the moment they went third party... And Sonic vs Mario has been a fact of life for both companies for over a decade.

With that said, most people dont worry about it.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Shark X said:
Yet Yuji Naka ditched Sonic and everything Sonic, so I don't believe Yuji Dumb *** has any say on Sonic for SSBB.
Proof of this is Next-Gen Sonic with Silver the *** hog, that horrible princess and Eggman after the liposuction. Yuji would never have allowed this.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'm sure he would of allowed Silver, and maybe the princess, but diffenatly not what they did to Eggman. But considering Yuji Naka has been terrible with Sonic games since 2000 or so, maybe thats why Yuji ditched his own creations.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

On certain boards I heard that the spin dash would make Sonic look too much like a Jigglypuff clone. I have a suggestion to avoid this.

Let's say that Spin Dash is holding the B button. When releasing it, you will be able to do the spin dash. However, remember when we collected the Ancient Light? When we held the B button long enough, the spin dash would automatically become the Ancient Light. Unique gameplay guaranteed.

For the other attacks, I think the Somersault needs some more love, so it should either be a smash attack or vB. For Homing Attack, >B could work, although ^B works well too. In the case of having any bounce attack, vB works fine, so Somersault needs to be >B. I do think some more attacks are possible.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Just like Luigi's Forward B, and Pikachu's Forward B makes Luigi and Pikachu clones of each other? Or Mewtwo's B, and Samus' B? Maybe Mewtwo's Up B and Zelda's Up B, or Yoshi's Down B and Bowser's Down B makes them clones or each other.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I rather have the three little piggies and the big bad wolf than Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom