• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
True Holy, what's to like about Tails?

Ok, you got me, that was a cheap shot. I take it back. sorta...

Anyway, custom avatars are for premium members only.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
lol Berkus, how I've missed you.

*Slow-mo runs at NRWC on the beach*
*Trips on a crab*
*Curses*

What's NCL stand for? And two major complaints, what's a major complaint?
I've missed you too, God. You and your passionate ear-lovin'.

*puts that douche of a crab on ignore list*

No seriously i agree with you SiD this avatar of Tails is freaking crap, the other one look even gayer.
Awe, see, I think Tails looks cute there. Though I despise his walker.

EDIT: I'd just like to say that I find it fascinating that "douche" did not get censored.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dude, you guys scared the guy with a contact on nintendo, you're alll soooooooooo mean.

Garuda

Smash Ace
The bull****ters are easily startled, but they'll soon be back... and in greater numbers.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
870 more posts (including this one) until the 9000 mark.

I would have a better avatar myself, but the trouble is that I'm just too lazy to go through the catalogue again...

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to use a custom avatar, but come on, I wouldn't go to lengths of paying actual cash just for a different little picture below my name. I mean..come on.

Son-4-Bra

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Crash is third-party.

Sonic 4 Brawl
and sonic is what?

seriously things never looked good for the blue blunder...

IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Source

Garuda

Smash Ace
When I said Crash is 3rd-party, it was in response to the others discussing who owns him.

I'm probably one of the few that have been turned off by that interview. Speech cards excuse? Then why would they go into depth about neutral grounds right after that? I see no proof against this statement, so I'm skeptical that Sonic will be in Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That person who thought that crash would get in this game at all deserves to be flamed to death.

Anyways that Olympic stuff is good evidence against him and it didn't sound like something they would say to avoid the question.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
those are some cool moves. but the b moves i'm not sure. heres what i think they should be:

N-B- Spin Roll
Side B- Light Dash(similar to foxs fox illusion)
Up B- Sonic Wind (sonic charges up and recovers with air slashing around him)
Down B- Bounce- what you said about this is cool.

so there. what do you think?

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
those are some cool moves. but the b moves i'm not sure. heres what i think they should be:

N-B- Spin Roll
Side B- Light Dash(similar to foxs fox illusion)
Up B- Sonic Wind (sonic charges up and recovers with air slashing around him)
Down B- Bounce- what you said about this is cool.

so there. what do you think?
I agree with all of these completely, except the Up + B. Just can't picture it being that great as a Sonic Wind...but thinking of other options, I can't see many other possibilities for Sonic's recovery. Up + B is a tough one for Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
IGN: Does this pave the way for Sonic and Mario starring together in other games?

Laurent Fischer: We've spent a long time finalising this one and we're not thinking about the next game, just yet. The Olympics just seemed like the right way to bring them together.

IGN: So we won't see Sonic appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Laurent Fischer: That's not on the cards at the moment.

Mike Hayes: Really, we felt that the Olympics provided a neutral ground for the two stars.

Laurent Fischer: Yes, the Olympics are something very special. If you have ever been to the Olympics it's amazing to see the spirit of the people watching the events - people share in a very special moment. That is something we want to recreate with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
Can this even be considered anymore? This was 7 months ago, things can change. Plus, this was only Sega and Nintendo Europe. Are the Europeans making this game?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey everybody. For those of you that haven't backtracked a few pages or so. A user named NyaseNya claims that he has a contact in Nintendo that Sonic (and Olimar on a different date) will be put on the DOJO! this Wednesday. I'm not saying it is true, but it is at the same time a conference is going on for Nintendo. But try to balence out the hype factor becuase we can be very disappointed. And Nyase said if he's wrong that you can report him, he is that sure. But still raise your hype by only a little and then keep it to a mininum. I will be very shocked if it's true, but i won't be surprised if it isn't.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
How insane would it be if he is right? He even said we could report him if he was wrong? Wow... either he really does have an inside informant or he's just completely lost touch with reality. There's a Nintendo conference on Wednesday? I had not heard about that... fingers are crossed, and I shall remain cautiously curious, as SonicMario wisely stated.

Sonic for Brawl

Edit: I've read NyaseNya's posts now. Certainly sounds interesting, especially if this Nintendo conference on Wednesday turns out to be real. But then again, we've been hearing about conferences for a long time now, and the last one that actually occured had jack **** on Brawl. Maybe this will be different... but probably not.

NyaseNya, nothing personal, but I would start buffering your anti-flame defenses. You've put yourself out on quite a shaky limb here, playing with Sonic fans' hope. And while you're a big person to have admitted as such, I still think it warrants a "BRACE YOURSELVES!" or two.... or twenty. I'm hoping you're right.

Sonic for Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If he's announced Wenesday he'll probably be in Thursday Dojo update...not wednesday unless they make an extremely late update...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Blargah, the only blue thing i whant in Brawl is Dark Sammy, maybe Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh...He could either just be further spreading the rumors...or that was an actual clue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom