• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That game no longer exists.

So I say it, so it is true.

Your SiD has spoken.
Everything in Smash is based off that game...Including the Master Hand's moveset, Different Special attacks based on what direction you press, and now Co-Op. Plus with Meta-Knight in it, it's basically replaying Meta-Knight's revenge now in Brawl...

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Hate to be a party pooper and al,l but this is a Sonic thread so let's try and get away from Kirby and back on track before the mods start complaining. I'll start. Sonic is fast, awesome , blue , gogeous, and meant for Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wanna see how thw Wii controls handle it. It seems Sonic Riders can be good if you can get the right controls for it. And as long as it isn't frustrating to learn.

Looks like only about 1,000 posts until we're OVER 9000!!!

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
The first Sonic Riders got boring fast IMO. But that wont happen with Brawl...

Especially not if Sonic is in it

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I loved Sonic as a kid... having him in Brawl would be a major sweet throwback for me.

On the other hand, I do ride the boat of people who think his limitations with his status as 3rd-party character *somewhat* hinders his chances... but his relationship with Mario could reverse that...

AKA what everyone has already said in this thread for 535 pages

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game ever made. my 3rd Fav game in the world.
I thought u were talking about All Star from Melee.

Watch these. Best Sonic Fan Fic. Story lined 3 part animation DBZ mix. Lol.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/331288
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333858
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/396530
I've watched those before. They're absolutely amazing for sprite-animation x_x

I'm itchin for #7

Just makes me wanna play Sonic in Brawl even more

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
so is everyone pretty much convinced that his FS will somehow involve him turning into super sonic for a little bit, and whooping ass? because that would be awesome

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
i can totally picture it too, final smashes are really meant for things like supersonic, i love the transformation final smashes and hope to see more of them

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Know what I just realized?

Linkin Park would be sick-nasty at making Sonic music. Sonic uses hip-hop/punk-metal, and so does Linkin Park. LP should give up on making record labels and albums... just concentrate on making music for the Sonic games. They don't sell that well anymore, anyways.

EDIT:
Plus, they did an awesome job for the American theme of DBZ. (Just thought I'd throw that in there.)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
for newgrounds flash animation for Sonic, i suggest watching Sonic's Haloween Costume (not for the younglings though, I suggest something within the region of 16 and over. would be wise) seeing as haloween is at the end of the month

I agree with Linkin Park doing stuff for Sonic, Crush 40 do a good job of it too though :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
for newgrounds flash animation for Sonic, i suggest watching Sonic's Haloween Costume (not for the younglings though, I suggest something within the region of 16 and over. would be wise) seeing as haloween is at the end of the month

I agree with Linkin Park doing stuff for Sonic, Crush 40 do a good job of it too though :)
EMO SONIC...

Naw J/k

SonicMario

Smash Master
Know what I just realized?

Linkin Park would be sick-nasty at making Sonic music. Sonic uses hip-hop/punk-metal, and so does Linkin Park. LP should give up on making record labels and albums... just concentrate on making music for the Sonic games. They don't sell that well anymore, anyways.

EDIT:
Plus, they did an awesome job for the American theme of DBZ. (Just thought I'd throw that in there.)
I AGREE! Linkin Park is my favorite band. I'd love to see music for Sonic games. But it most likely won't happen. But they shouldn't give up on making Albums. And they didn't make the "Rock the Dragon" theme FYI.

Sonic 4 Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I swear...sometimes Sonic just plotlines that copy DBZ

Shadow - Vegeta
Sonic - Goku

SonicMario

Smash Master
I swear...sometimes Sonic just plotlines that copy DBZ

Shadow - Vegeta
Sonic - Goku
I guess they do... And also the super forms. But as long as their isn't any more advanced forms then that.

*Later this night*
TV Guy: A New Sonic game is coming out! Featuring a new form of the hedgehog! Super Sonic 2!
Me: *Mouth hangs open*
TV Guy: And better yet! You don't need the Chaos Emeralds to transform!
Me: *Faints*
*End*

Personally i'm a fan of DBZ, and i don't mind many of the similar things. But i'd still faint if i happen to see Sonic do ANYTHING similar to a Kame Hame Ha.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing Silver is Trunks? the time travelling to destroy something that may affect the future thing slots into place

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm guessing Silver is Trunks? the time travelling to destroy something that may affect the future thing slots into place
Here some comparisons:

Knuckles can be compared on occasions to Piccolo.

Tails can be compared to Krillen (Minus the deaths)

Rouge (In personality) can be compared to #18

Omega can be (Without the Peace part) to #16

And that is some i can think of. But are never 100% right. Tails never dies.

But to get this back on topic...

Sonic 4 Brawl

Betrayed

Smash Ace
You could compare things like that to tons of animes.

The strong, silent type.
The overconfident, good looking, generally weak in the end type.
The guardian type.
The sidekicks ***** type.
The lighthearted hero.
The quiet one with the dark past.

Ext...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The strong, silent type.
The guardian type.
The lighthearted hero.

Ext...
Who is who in that compared to Sonic?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

The strong, silent type.
The guardian type.
The lighthearted hero.

Ext...
QFT. As much as I love the genre, anime has a nasty habit of gravitating to its cliches too often. Then again, just about anything could feasibly be a cliche---then it just comes down to the execution and portrayal of each cliche. If that's the case, then anime still sometimes fails on that front by not "breaking the mold."

And this is coming from the guy who considers DBZ a guilty pleasure. :laugh:

Anyway. How about that Sonic? He sure is pimpin', isn't he? How would ya'll feel if he made it into Brawl?

...wait. Deja vu moment. Somebody cue the "Twilight Zone" music. Or, better yet, the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

Sonic for frickin' Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. Tails is not Krillin. Tails is more along the lines of a young Gohan---sans the "hidden power" business. Krillin was a lecherous bald dude who hailed from the mountains; plus, he was comedic relief. Tails is more of a "I'm a wimp but I can be confident and strong when I need to be." That was definitely young Gohan.

Yup.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tails is secretly a leture...He's just not interested in woman...

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I alway saw Tails as being a mix of Krillin and Bulma.
Krillin(older) for being Goku best friend and Bulma for her knowledge in mechanics, Krillin really changed alot when he got older though he really wasn't leecherous nor greedy.
Tails is weak physically just because he's still young, while Sonic and Knuckles are almost twice his age.
Beside Tails can alway use his tails to defend himself, since one quick swipe of them packs enough speed and force to slice weeds in two or puncture Eggman's robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom