• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I think I'm a full fledged Sonic Supporter now.

I've gone from wanting him in to praying every update confirms him and having images of myself exploding when he's confirmed.
One of us...One of us...One of us...One of us...One of us...One of us...

Dude. Ive been there for i dont know how long now...Omg. But im sure u already assumed that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think he;s being confirmed till after M&S at OG

SiD

Smash Master
It was pretty awesome though.

But am I the only one that thinks Snake is too realistic looking to be in Smash Bros.?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems that the first of three/four third party characters has made it onto the dojo. I reckon Sonic will be revealed in three to four weeks time.

Halloween this year is on a weekday. expect something special then

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it seems that the first of three/four third party characters has made it onto the dojo. I reckon Sonic will be revealed in three to four weeks time.

PC Geno for Holloween update!!!

Yeah, I know this is the Sonic thread, and of course I vote for Sonic...

But c'mon...he's not a possessed Doll...

Bet he's coming out on a date that deals with Sonic or Sega...maybe M&S at OG?

Sinn

Smash Lord

Well...we knew about Snake though. Personally, if they DO announce it, I would imagine it wouldn't happen before November. Either November 2nd or November 5th would be my guess.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
But hey, now that Snake is up, we can only get unannounced characters from here on in. I also think Snake's music is epic.

Geno on Halloween? That would be crazy good.

Sonic for Brawl (crossing fingers for E For All)

P.S: When is E For All?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
No clue.

I still think Sonic will be a secret until some kid unlocks him and goes crazy on the internet.
That will probably be what happens, but meh, a guy can dream. I thought E For All was in early October... I'll have to look it up.

Sonic for Brawl

Edit: Found it. It runs from October 18th through the 21st. Google E For All and their website is the first thing up.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The Snake profile got me confused... Didn't Sakauri say that Snake would be unlockable? Was Sakauri announcing Secret characters and we just didn't know? Can we expect Sonic earlier then we may think?

I'm thinking probably not but did Sakauri change his mind?

SiegK

Smash Champion
I dont recall Sakauri saying Snake would be unlockable. All Characters shown in Vid, I think, would be Starter. Just a guess.
I dont think they will be announcing unlockable characters.
Would kinda take some of the fun out of it? Wouldnt it?
Even though like 3 days after the game comes out everyone on these damm boards will know all of the characters.
but the build up still shouldnt be broken, not yet i dont think.

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
My guess for why they announced a secret character is becasue sence everyone knows that Snake is in, they just announced him the next day after that the new Snake trailer came out (kind of like what happened with Donkey Kong).

SiD

Smash Master
I dont recall Sakauri saying Snake would be unlockable. All Characters shown in Vid, I think, would be Starter. Just a guess.
I dont think they will be announcing unlockable characters.
Would kinda take some of the fun out of it? Wouldnt it?
Even though like 3 days after the game comes out everyone on these damm boards will know all of the characters.
but the build up still shouldnt be broken, not yet i dont think.
Actually, he did say 3rd parties would be unlockable. And it wouldn't take the fun out of it, I wanna know who all is in the game. That way, people that don't want to know can just stray away from the internet.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
I also advocate Sonic in brawl, in fact I will be quite disappointed if he does not appear in it (not that it will stop me purchasing this gem of a game...). I also hope that he has a "shadow the hedgehog" costume with a slightly varied moveset, ie; less traction because of his hover shoes, projectile chaos spear etc.
But one thing that I definitely DO NOT want is for knuckles or tails or any other "loser" characters from sonic to appear, simply becaus there are millions of them. I especially dont want Silver the hedgehog to appear in brawl as i feel that he is an abuse of hedehog fanbase, adding Shadow to the series was edgy enough, "OHMGZZZ A NHEW HEDGEHOG!!!1!!1!!!ONE!!" But a third (and incredibly unnecessary) hedgehog is the straw that broke the camel's back and i would slap Sakurai silly if he included that @$$tard waste-of-a-character-slot in brawl.... In fact I never want to see Silver appear in ANY videogame from now on....
Hmm I accidentally slipped into one of my "SILVER IS GHEYYYYZORS!" rants >.< What I was trying to get at is GO SONIC (and possibly Shadow costume)!!! and BOO OTHER SONIC CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY SILVER!!!

SiegK

Smash Champion
I also advocate Sonic in brawl, in fact I will be quite disappointed if he does not appear in it (not that it will stop me purchasing this gem of a game...). I also hope that he has a "shadow the hedgehog" costume with a slightly varied moveset, ie; less traction because of his hover shoes, projectile chaos spear etc.
But one thing that I definitely DO NOT want is for knuckles or tails or any other "loser" characters from sonic to appear, simply becaus there are millions of them. I especially dont want Silver the hedgehog to appear in brawl as i feel that he is an abuse of hedehog fanbase, adding Shadow to the series was edgy enough, "OHMGZZZ A NHEW HEDGEHOG!!!1!!1!!!ONE!!" But a third (and incredibly unnecessary) hedgehog is the straw that broke the camel's back and i would slap Sakurai silly if he included that @$$tard waste-of-a-character-slot in brawl.... In fact I never want to see Silver appear in ANY videogame from now on....
Hmm I accidentally slipped into one of my "SILVER IS GHEYYYYZORS!" rants >.< What I was trying to get at is GO SONIC (and possibly Shadow costume)!!! and BOO OTHER SONIC CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY SILVER!!!
Screw you n00b. The Sonic Universe is best as a whole. Go die plix.
Hate some, i do too. But you cant generalize that much.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
This thread has fallen back to an unacceptable level.

But one thing that I definitely DO NOT want is for knuckles or tails or any other "loser" characters from sonic to appear,
Tails and Knuckles are two of the first characters introduced, they're fine. Who needs to go?

Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Amy (Pink dress one), Rouge, Cream, Mephiles (Probably only in one game anyways), Wave, Jet, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Knuckles is my favorite character in the entire series of Sonic

partially cause he's my favorite mammal

SiD

Smash Master
Order of Sonic characters that should appear in the Smash series:

1) Sonic
2) Knuckles
3) Shadow
4) Tails
5) Amy
6) Silver
7) Eggman/Robotnik

Note that the placing of Tails is because I never really liked him that much, but was always a fan of Shadow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Order of Sonic characters that should appear in the Smash series:

1) Sonic
2) Knuckles
3) Shadow
4) Tails
5) Amy
6) Silver
7) Eggman/Robotnik

Note that the placing of Tails is because I never really liked him that much, but was always a fan of Shadow.
I agree with most of that

Deathblown

Smash Rookie
I'd rather not get Sonic. I'd prefer to sooner see Conker or someone else, and I dont even like him. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom