• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
WHOA! Slow DOWN! They haven't even been confirmed yet! But just in case they appear as playables in Brawl, i'd like to help out, specifically S.S.S. It's safe to say that Sonic will be a speed character right? As for Ridley, most say he'll be a Heavy character. I don't see him being a heavy character, but, I'm no Metroid expert and the majority think Ridley will be a heavy/flying type. So, we have a Heavy/Flying vs Speed. Problems I see immediately ; Heavy characters don't flinch, Heavy characters are generally powerful and Speed characters are generally light. With that being being stated, odds are not in The Blue Blur's favor. Forgot to mention that Flying characters have increased recovery. Poor Blue. In depth assumption(s) : Sonic will more than likely not have any projectile attacks. Ridley may have some Fire projectile of some sort.
Because of Sonic being known for he's speed, Sonic himself would be the projectile in most of his attacks, Similar to Fox's Foward B and Up B. Since Heavy characters don't flinch, this provides an unfair advantage for Sonic and most characters without projectile attacks. Since Blue is a Speed/Non-heavy character, players can utilize advenced techniques that most heavy characters can't. Techniques that rack up SERIOUS damage. I think that S.S.S. members should begin to main speed characters in Melee for practice and recuit players by video auditions posted on you tube displaying their talent with speed characters as soon as Sonic is confirmed. Thanks for reading this if you did.
:)

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, because Fox can't beat Bowser. Those heavy chars are just too powerful!
That's not what he said, unless you only read the first part of his post.

Oh, and one of his main points was that heavies now won't flinch, which wasn't true in Melee. And another point was that Ridley's recovery would be better because he's a flying character, unlike Bowser.

I agree with him, Sonic fans should start maining speed chars so as to prepare. As such, I'm off to main sheik/fox.

Later all.

SiD

Smash Master
It says nowhere that heavies won't flinch, just that certain moves of heavy characters will be that way, such as Ike's up B.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
You're right, I'm sorry, I should have explained that I see those moves being bread-and-butter for heavies against speed chars and that Sonic, being a speed char, should prepare for them.

My bad, I didn't specify.

SiD, keeping me on my toes. :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally prefer Speed characters, it's usually my style...

Of course my mains aren't that fast...Ones for mind games and the other is a mixture of strength and projectiles

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
That's not what he said, unless you only read the first part of his post.

Oh, and one of his main points was that heavies now won't flinch, which wasn't true in Melee. And another point was that Ridley's recovery would be better because he's a flying character, unlike Bowser.

I agree with him, Sonic fans should start maining speed chars so as to prepare. As such, I'm off to main sheik/fox.

Later all.
I already main Falco, so I'm set! :)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Hmm, want to call a truce between us Ridley and Sonic fans? I love both characters very much, and I would like this to be more of a rivalry

hell, you hardly ever bash the mario people

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Well no one in this thread of course. I just realized the bashers were sonic fans but not really in this thread haha.

But yeah anyway, Norcal? Not too far away from Wa, Ridley vs Sonic is going to be awesome
I want sonic to be higher in the tiers too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom