• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Waifu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Then go with wii fit trainer, she's wide open.

Lyn is mine, yeah I logged back in just to say that. I b watching you. I shall defeat you and claim my waifu.
But what I'm saying is that Wii Fit Trainer is above Samus, because WFT is middle ground, and at the same time, Lyn is above WFT, because she excels in errr'thang.

This thread is gonna be great, I can already tell XD.

Btw, I'm updating the OP so we now accept husbandos :troll:.
Schweet, I can't wait to see people fighting over the likes of Marth and Pit... and Mario...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yep, Lyn is now my waifu

Even changed avatars to prove it

Edit: Just imagine I'm the pink haired girl

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
Well, things are already off to an interesting start. I can just tell that this thread is destined for great things.

You know, to tell the truth, I was actually very close to making a waifu thread like a week or so ago just for lolz. Ultimately I didn't, but now there's one anyway, so I might as well participate, right?

If we're all claiming waifus right now then I'll claim Lucina I guess. I actually haven't played a single Fire Emblem game (yet) but I've been using her over Marth in P:M recently and it's been glorious. The hair sweep is actually kind of cute now :D

iam8bit

Smash Ace
DIBS TO INFINITY ON IKE!

... OK, so that was easy. You can fight over the ladies all you want. :awesome:

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Yep, Lyn is now my waifu

Even changed avatars to prove it

Edit: Just imagine I'm the pink haired girl
Oh man, Lyn seems to be a very popular gal on these here boards.

You fools can have lyn I already have my one true love! Anna!
Hey, she's cute. She's just a tad too monochrome for me, kind of bores me, design-wise.

try and guess mine.
Samus, eh? You really think she's wifey material?

Sorry guys, but Wario is mine.
LOL, you can have him. I like being able to breathe.

DIBS TO INFINITY ON IKE!

... OK, so that was easy. You can fight over the ladies all you want. :awesome:
I can see that - strong, handsome, and loyal to his friends.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bro lyn is already mine, I called dibs way before you did.

Like I said you got viridi. No avi change will change the fact that lyn is mine.

Your not florina.
I totally am florina

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Do you think there should be any rules to our waifu battles? Like for example, I would hate to have Zero request a rematch every time I kick his butt for Lyndis haha. Maybe there should be a limit of some sort.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Do you think there should be any rules to our waifu battles? Like for example, I would hate to have Zero request a rematch every time I kick his butt for Lyndis haha. Maybe there should be a limit of some sort.
I dunno we need @ Niko Mar Niko Mar to get his ass in here.

Also it doesn't matter how many, i'd sweep you anyway.

You just like messing with me, you'd hit anything. Lyn is mine.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
if anyone contests my ZSS pick you better be man enough to lay your claim in your signature. I mained ZSS in brawl and P:M, I have spent more hours with this woman than pretty much any other woman, our connection is as strong as her tether recovery... in P:M at least.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I dunno we need @ Niko Mar Niko Mar to get his *** in here.

Also it doesn't matter how many, i'd sweep you anyway.

You just like messing with me, you'd hit anything. Lyn is mine.
For Smash 4 right? We cooouuld do it for other online ones (like PM and Brawl), but we all know what that online is like :awesome:.

I was thinking something along these lines for the rules (I'll still revise them and take feedback though, before officially posting in the OP):
- Different Ideas: Either a tournament held for each waifu (so multiple could technically go on at once) or a single tournament every week or so that lets the winner pick whoever he/she wants.

- People can then challenge the "holder of the waifu :troll:" for rights to that waifu. The "holder" must accept within 11 days of the challenge (where they will work out a match time), or else the waifu will be forfeited. After losing a 2/3 match, the challenger will have to wait for at least a week before issuing another challenge. Same time limit goes for the previous owner if they were to lose.

That's all I got for now, feel free to suggest any ideas for additions or changes.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
For Smash 4 right? We cooouuld do it for other online ones (like PM and Brawl), but we all know what that online is like :awesome:.

I was thinking something along these lines for the rules (I'll still revise them and take feedback though, before officially posting in the OP):
- Different Ideas: Either a tournament held for each waifu (so multiple could technically go on at once) or a single tournament every week or so that lets the winner pick whoever he/she wants.

- People can then challenge the "holder of the waifu :troll:" for rights to that waifu. The "holder" must accept within 11 days of the challenge (where they will work out a match time), or else the waifu will be forfeited. After losing a 2/3 match, the challenger will have to wait for at least a week before issuing another challenge.

That's all I got for now, feel free to suggest any ideas for additions or changes.
Hmm, I like that. Tournaments if it's a lot of challengers is a good idea. Let's say only three people want to challenge the current holder - wouldn't that just be a 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 match?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hmm, I like that. Tournaments if it's a lot of challengers is a good idea. Let's say only three people want to challenge the current holder - wouldn't that just be a 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 match?
It should be. more challenging that way.

Not really into FFA's since that is more of a for fun thing, Waifus b serious business. :awesome:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
A mini-tournament if a lot of people were to challenge the current holder at once sounds good.

Although I think the current holder should have a sort of champion status, so the other 3 would have to battle among themselves before facing him/her (at least that makes sense to me). I know it would be kinda unfair since one guy could have an extra battle, while the third then fights the winner of their battle, but I would just randomly pick them from a hat or something (so there wouldn't be any weird talks of bias).

I just feel that since the current holder had won a tournament in the first place, they shouldn't have to climb up another ladder unless they lost their waifu though a challenge. I could also add a "relinquishment of a waifu" rule/ability. So that the current holder can freely put theirs up for grabs in a tournament, which they can still enter but not have a champion status.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Oh dang, okay, I see - that's fine by me. But in that case, I'd say rematches would have to be limited to at least 2 weeks.
A HA NO BRO.

Dis b serious. either you put up or forfeit. Lyn is mine anyways so you'd be challenging me.

I guess every weekend or something I dunno, i'm fine with whatever tho.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
A HA NO BRO.

Dis b serious. either you put up or forfeit. Lyn is mine anyways so you'd be challenging me.

I guess every weekend or something I dunno, i'm fine with whatever tho.
LOL, look dude - I'm not saying challengers have to be spread out by two weeks; one would have to take them all on in the same time frame. It's just that rematches should have a longer limit, so that losing is an actual punishment.

Imagine two things:
- Challenger loses, then instantly demands rematch, but Champion will be busy for a week - automatic forfeit?
- Champion loses, then instantly demands rematch, and wins that week - meaningless loss?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
LOL, look dude - I'm not saying challengers have to be spread out by two weeks; one would have to take them all on in the same time frame. It's just that rematches should have a longer limit, so that losing is an actual punishment.

Imagine two things:
- Challenger loses, then instantly demands rematch, but Champion will be busy for a week - automatic forfeit?
- Champion loses, then instantly demands rematch, and wins that week - meaningless loss?
I'm glad I made you laugh :p

No, but i'm give the maxium waiting time for a rematch about a week, i dunno how you would feel though.
If the champion wins the next match, the waifu is back in his hands.

Though again, you shouldn't be worried. I'm the holder of my waifu lyn. your the one challenging me.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Imagine two things:
11 days would just be the time frame in which you have to accept the challenge (maybe I could make that less time, but that gives the holder some room to breathe). It is from there that you have to work out a time with your opponent (but still be reasonable about it, no yanking people's chain). I don't think you saw this, but I edited my first "rules" post so that the original holder (if they lose) would also have to wait a week before issuing a rematch.

Is 1 week not long enough of a cool-down period (before being able to issue another challenge) with all that in mind?

And remember, if a bunch of people challenge at once, then there could just be another tournament with that other set of rules I posted.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
can we get the list up? Also, why not change it to waifu/husbando thread.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I made you laugh :p

No, but i'm give the maxium waiting time for a rematch about a week, i dunno how you would feel though.
If the champion wins the next match, the waifu is back in his hands.

Though again, you shouldn't be worried. I'm the holder of my waifu lyn. your the one challenging me.
Says who? Nothing is official just yet, homie. Are you really playing finder's keepers, since you were first? hahaha. Oh nah, we still have to duke it out first.

11 days would just be the time frame in which you have to accept the challenge (maybe I could make that less time, but that gives the holder some room to breathe). It is from there that you have to work out a time with your opponent (but still be reasonable about it, no yanking people's chain). I don't think you saw this, but I edited my first "rules" post so that the original holder (if they lose) would also have to wait a week before issuing a rematch.

Is 1 week not long enough of a cool-down period (before being able to issue another challenge) with all that in mind?

And remember, if a bunch of people challenge at once, then there could just be another tournament with that other set of rules I posted.
Fine, fine. I just worry for my champion status, once I win, since me being MIA can happen spontaneously.

can we get the list up? Also, why not change it to waifu/husbando thread.
What list? Of current claims? And yeah, let's do that.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Says who? Nothing is official just yet, homie. Are you really playing finder's keepers, since you were first? hahaha. Oh nah, we still have to duke it out first.

Fine, fine. I just worry for my champion status, once I win, since me being MIA can happen spontaneously.

What list? Of current claims? And yeah, let's do that.
Yes I am. Fine bro, i'm cool with dat.

But i'll miss you tho..... and your not gonna waltz in and claim champion status that easy.... not when i'm around.

Yes I agree.

dat eye candy sig gets me everytime.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Yes I am. Fine bro, i'm cool with dat.

But i'll miss you tho..... and your not gonna waltz in and claim champion status that easy.... not when i'm around.

Yes I agree.

dat eye candy sig gets me everytime.
Sweet.

Aww... and haha, right. Well, hopefully I'm willing to give it up and reclaim it if I ever go MIA.

Sweet.

Sweet - I love it too. Like, she's not busty or anything, but her convincing curves show she's fit and well rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom