• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Game sucks.

1-Wasn't worth waiting for.
1 1/2-Media hyped this game far too much.
2-No Mewtwo.

Sucks.

Steelia

Smash Champion
2007 said:
my 5 (and only 5) complaints are these...

1. no Dr. Mario
2. no Roy
3.no Pichu
4.no Mewtwo
5. they changed the fastness of Melee.

if those five things were in, it'd be the perfect game. screw everything else (that's not in)
Double-fixed. :laugh:

Roihu

Smash Ace
Game sucks.

1-Wasn't worth waiting for.
1 1/2-Media hyped this game far too much.
2-No Mewtwo.

Sucks.
The media didn't hype it too much. It was the people who saw it that made most of the hype.

My complaint is not about the game but about this site. It ruins your (otherwise good) experience!
I can understand where you're coming from. That's why I try steering clear of the competitive boards. :p

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
My only complaints are that they changed Luigi's voice, and that some of Luigi's attacks were nerfed, such as his F-air and D-air. Luigi's Melee voice is so much better than his Brawl voice in my opinion (even though his Melee voice was just a higher pitched version of Mario's voice).

Dark_Wolf101

Smash Rookie
I think the game is absoutely brillaint--great range of characters and stages, beautiful rendered graphics, action-packed gameplay, and the best sountrack of any videogame in existence--but there were a few little nagging flaws that kept Brawl from reaching true perfection (something Melee achieved in its time).

Firstly, I loved all the new features, such as Stage Builder, Online Play and the Subspace Emissary, but they were each underdeveloped, suffering from a lack of variety, a lack of speed, and a frustrating and repetative design respectively. Secondly, I thought some of the trophies were absolutely ridiculous; like making you beat 100-man Brawl and the Boss Battles with every character. I mean, what is the point of that. It's just annoying as hell, if your a completist and a vain atempt to extend playtime. I also though the developers cheated with the Target Smash. Instead of creating a unique level for each character (like in Melee), they've just made 5 and told you to beat them over and over and over ...

But, like I said, these are minor quibbles, and only really matter to people who want to beat it 100%. The core gameplay and structure ... is just brilliant.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This game just ****ing sucks altogether. It doesn't provide the same competitive rush for me like Melee did. I've given it a fair try, but this game fails hard. >.>

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Never thought I would have a serious complaint, but now I do. This is mainly my fault, but I completely hate how Brawl ruined my skills in Melee. The game is so physically different that when I went back to Melee I get ****kicked, thrown around, and I actually had to think about what to do to keep up with the experienced once.

I mean geeze, I even have trouble L-Canceling.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Granted I wasn't competitive, but I was very good melee. The thing is I played Brawl so much that I got used to the physics and the slowness. Melee is much faster, so I saw myself not keeping up with the pace.

In any case I'll be playing Melee a lot more to get my groove back.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
most of the AVs have been removed. Melee was the best game ever. Brawl is one of the major overrated games along with Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and GTA 4. Overhyped = overrated

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Complaints about Brawl? Hmmm, mainly--Online could have been better--at least let me send messages to my registered friends when I'm not fighting them.. AT LEAST! --But that's a minor complaint.
Another online complaint--I wish I could choose to fight anyone--but with maybe less opponents? There should be like 3 different servers: 1 on 1, 3-for-all, and 4-player brawls..
Ranking board? Eh, I don't care for one really, doesn't matter to me!

But hmmm stage builder=great disapointment--it's still great and all, but geez :l I wish there was AT LEAST more backgrounds!

Pokemon Music--Not many actual battle tunes :l

Hmmmm and oh yeah one more thing:
Everyone talking about how the Advanced Techniques are gone. Some of them, yes it would have been nice to see make a return. But wavedashing--geez, can't you live without it?!! It wasn't even intended to be in the game!! Please note I don't hate you if you wanted wavedashing to make it in, all I'm doing is stating that I think Brawl is fine without it.. L-cancelling, I'm GUESSING, wasn't intended to be in the game either--it was found and then implemented. It (and wavedashing) was removed because it wasn't intentionally implemented into the game, and people sliding around crazily (wavedashing, right there) and no ending lag isn't the gameplay the develipers were looking for, so they took it out... I'm fine with that! It's not in Brawl and it's not going to be in Brawl (unless it's discovered, then you should be happy you got what you wanted!), so get used to not relying on wavedashing all over the place!

Sorry I may have seemed a litle 'harsher' than I actually intended and I am in no way tryin' 2 start a huge argument and what not, just posting my views.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I hate people complaining brawl isn't melee only with new characters and stages. This is a new game people, not an expansion pack. >_>

Although, I do hate tripping and I would've liked some more melee stages in brawl.

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
Yo i thought this game sucked Because My spamming friends until i went to a tourny and place in the top 6

Complaint: Ike

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I hate people complaining brawl isn't melee only with new characters and stages. This is a new game people, not an expansion pack. >_>

Although, I do hate tripping and I would've liked some more melee stages in brawl.
Exactly!
10exactly's

hey wow I may sound like an idiot but how do you make text completely black? (as in you have to high light it to read it?) lol

LSDX

Wah!
Marth's thoughts on Brawl and his new look:

Snapshot taken by myself ^^

I miss the Melee Marth look :'(

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Well i have alot of reasons why to dislike brawl...but the most annoying reason for me is not the actual game, but really the people who like brawl and dislike melee for all the wrong reasons. I mean, atleast Melee vets gave Brawl a chance to find ways to make it live up to melee, (including myself for 4 months,) and unfortunatly, it just wasnt anything to discover.

Brawl players dont even give melee a chance, and give false information (based on someone else's opinion) about a game they clearly have no history with, not supporting thier reasons why they like brawl, immediatly saying melee is a glitch and a fox/falco/marth/shiek FD fest. Some even say they know how to use them, which i think is a lie because why would they spend so much time on a technique they think is useless? Which by the way, isnt true. You cant honestly say that L-cancel/wavedash/JC-ing/shffl-ing etc (which takes YEARS to execute perfectly) are glitches/cheating, but approve DDD's chaingrab infinites?

Other than that, there's the online system, completely unplayable whatsoever...
Unbalanced characters, i mean come on, melee tiers were never unstoppable like MK and Snake because they had others who counter them.
Too much features that are truley just add ons from melee. Really just fattening up the game.
SSE, really isnt needed. Sakurai didnt stay true to the SSB series. Anyone who's been smashing since SSBM, even SSB64, should know that it wasnt the features that made the series great, it was always the gameplay that made the series live so long...:)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well i have alot of reasons why to dislike brawl...but the most annoying reason for me is not the actual game, but really the people who like brawl and dislike melee for all the wrong reasons. I mean, atleast Melee vets gave Brawl a chance to find ways to make it live up to melee, (including myself for 4 months,) and unfortunatly, it just wasnt anything to discover.

Brawl players dont even give melee a chance, and give false information (based on someone else's opinion) about a game they clearly have no history with, not supporting thier reasons why they like brawl, immediatly saying melee is a glitch and a fox/falco/marth/shiek FD fest. Some even say they know how to use them, which i think is a lie because why would they spend so much time on a technique they think is useless? Which by the way, isnt true. You cant honestly say that L-cancel/wavedash/JC-ing/shffl-ing etc (which takes YEARS to execute perfectly) are glitches/cheating, but approve DDD's chaingrab infinites?

Other than that, there's the online system, completely unplayable whatsoever...
Unbalanced characters, i mean come on, melee tiers were never unstoppable like MK and Snake because they had others who counter them.
Too much features that are truley just add ons from melee. Really just fattening up the game.
SSE, really isnt needed. Sakurai didnt stay true to the SSB series. Anyone who's been smashing since SSBM, even SSB64, should know that it wasnt the features that made the series great, it was always the gameplay that made the series live so long...:)
With the Melee-bashers, I would think that those who bash Melee either haven't played it, or can't think of any other way to praise Brawl other than by bashing Melee (I'm more for the former)... which is kind of stupid, really. It's like playing a sequel to a game, and saying its prequels -- which COMPLETELY INVENTED/REINVENTED THE SERIES as a whole -- aren't worth even looking at. Very ignorant words by very ignorant people. (Again, directed at those who've never played Melee, as you can't say anything without having first played the fast-paced-ness that is Melee and even Smash Bros. 64, two games that live on in the Smash universe).

And yes, when it comes down to it, Brawl is just missing... its replayability compared to Melee. The roster sucks (I love on the characters on it, it's just that it should've been bigger as speculated), online sucks, and even the one-player mode isn't all that great... All those factors had so much time put into them, and they failed. Horribly.
Melee? I played that thing day in and day out for about eight years waiting for a decent successor to the Smash franchise.
Brawl? Only played for about four months before I became sick of it. There's just no replayability to it. The roster's become even more unbalanced than Melee (there are some characters you just can't beat *Meta Knight and Snake* unless you're THOSE two characters to counter), the computers are too annoying to keep going against compared to the ones in Melee, the items are either godly or downright unhelpful, the Pokemon selections suck (why'd they cut great Pokemon like the Unown, Scizor, Venusaur, etc.?)...

Bahhh.

LimeStu

Smash Rookie
I swear that tripping isn't random. I trip so many times during my matches against the computers -- most of the time when I'm right next to them, causing pain and/or death, whereas the only time that the computers ever trip is when I'm either on the other side of the stage or dead. It's ridiculous, and has made me lose so many matches. But other than that, hooray! Brawl is rad!

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Gosh... there are many complaints I could make, but...

I'll just put in some!

1. Dr. Mario was cut from the roster. Mewtwo and Roy I don't really care too much for. Pichu deserved to be cut(sorry to all you Pichu fans).

2. The gameplay was altered for the worse. It has been slowed down a bit, and many ATs from Melee were removed. Aside from that, the hitstun has been decreases, there are more/bigger/faster projectiles, placing heavier emphasis on camping, and tripping was added.

3. I wasn't exactly satisfied with the character roster final. While I wasn't one who wanted characters like " M3G4 M4n!!1" or "M45t3r ch31f!1!1!", I still beleive that some characters like Krystal, Lyndis, and some of the Forbidden Seven should have been added, though I understand that there were time constraints.

4. Many of the Event Matches have little to do with anything. One involves climbing Rumble Falls quickly as Zelda for no valid reason. This has nothing to do with Zelda, climbing, or the Donkey Kong series. Aside from that, the Subspace Emissary was a letdown.

5. Besides maybe the gameplay or character roster, I'd have to say the Online capabilities of this game dissapointed me most. Friend Codes remain, lack of options are there, lag is easily present and noticed, Voice Chat is absent, Leader Boards are inexistent, and the oevrall setup of finding people is broken.

6. And of course, there were always going to be small tweaks that some may have desired. The Stage Builder could have more options, Replays could last longer than 3 minutes, a certain stage was wanted but not added or a certain character wasn't wanted/added.

Overall, I still think that Brawl is a fine game, but those are my gripes with it.

Phoenix Reborn

Smash Cadet
I'm not complaining so much about the nerfs on characters so much as the fact that there is still a huge imbalance between certain fighters in this game. Some of the characters are given a ridiculous advantage while other characters have a much harder time coping with their flaws.

The biggest gripe I have about Brawl is that from what I've been reading, Sakurai and friends did just about everything they could to remove the "competitive" aspect from this game. Tripping and all. Why the hell anybody would think that making a "fighting game" non-competitive is a good idea is beyond me, but it has definitely killed a lot of the intensity that Smash was known for.

Flex

Smash Cadet
That i never hold my breath when im watching a tourny finals.I remember at OC3 when on the last match of the set M2k picked FD and PC won anyway.It was like the whole match i was still.With brawl finals its like "Are these guys good?"

Smash Master
It's so slow and campy.

Horrible balancing job.

Games are won by spamming one uncounterable tactic over and over instead of using mindgames.

They took forever to make this crap.

Emphasizes patience and consistency over skill. I play videogames because I'm impatient. Why would I choose Brawl?

It's boring to watch.

Stage builder sucks. They need to give more options for platform heights. If this was supposed to be he saving grace...

1P modes suck. They didn't bring back board the platforms, and they only have 5 target test stages.

There aren't any combos. If you have DI, then you can afford to have hitstun.

Anyone can recover from anywhere, with few exceptions.

I'm almost as good at Brawl now as I was when I played it for the first time. The only difference is I now know what the characters attacks do.

Lots of infinites, lots of single hits, no middle ground.

Walls are ghetto in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom