• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
One thing that really bothered me when I first saw it was ROB. I just thought that it was just a wasted space for a character.
I also wondered what his attacks would be. It just really annoyed me at first.
Of course, then I unlocked ROB, played as him for a while, and thought that he was actually a pretty cool character.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
matches are sooooooooooo boring 8 minute 2 stocks at tournament finals.

and if they are oging to take away wd, at least add a strife or something i need a way to tactically move instead of facing left / right and walk T_______T

too scared to dash or i might trip into ikes fsmash.

scary stuff.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
They badly nerfed all my mains, it's so annoying. Sure it may be more balanced, but removing the use of combos is just stupid.
All of the top tier and high tier characters were nerfed, with the exception of Marth. Instead of focusing on making everybody "good", Brawl seems to have done the exact opposite and made every character bad. That's not to say that it's a bad thing in the Brawl metagame, but there's no comparison between a Melee Fox and a Brawl Fox.

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
All of the top tier and high tier characters were nerfed, with the exception of Marth. Instead of focusing on making everybody "good", Brawl seems to have done the exact opposite and made every character bad. That's not to say that it's a bad thing in the Brawl metagame, but there's no comparison between a Melee Fox and a Brawl Fox.
मिथ्या ! ! !

Marth's grabs have been nerfed.

Wulfstan

Smash Rookie
the only 2 complaints i have(so far) is the slipping/tripping and with anyone mode.
SLIPPING- i don't know, but for me it usually happens after i don't move anywhere for some time, and then start dashing. that's when i trip, i haven't noticed tripping just randomly, only in the way i described above.
WITH ANYONE MODE- this is the stupidest idea someone could ever think of! it takes at least half an hour to get someone to play with , the game starts lagging during the brawl so its impossible to play at all! oh well, at least mario strickers charged and mario kart wii have good ones.

and all you people who wanted mega man so bad, go to the f'ing store and buy the motherf'ing Action Replay for the wii. 'nuff said

BEES

Smash Lord
Marth was nerfed due to the changes in the game's physics. Everyone is floaty and has a recovery from medium to long distances, and they sweetspot the edge much easier. This makes it quite difficult for Marth to actually kill people compared to Melee.

He is definitely a good character though.

Sikarios

Smash Cadet
I have a complaint. Sometimes in matches there's an instance where I will try to dash grab/attack my opponent and (I think because of his shield) I will straight up turn around, leaving my back exposed to his ****. What is this called and has anyone else had this experience, it's been happening more and more lately.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I have a complaint. Sometimes in matches there's an instance where I will try to dash grab/attack my opponent and (I think because of his shield) I will straight up turn around, leaving my back exposed to his ****. What is this called and has anyone else had this experience, it's been happening more and more lately.
nope....maybe when u did it u ran past the opponent before u hit the grab or attack button...MAYBE....but no i have not had this experience

Wolfstan

Smash Rookie
not a sequal
wut
I LOVE this game better then those two put together and timesed by 7!
Timesed!!!! BY 7!!! WOW, SUDDENLY I AM MOVED TO LOVE THE GAME. x7 combo!

That is not even an argument. There are legitimate issues with the game that all players endure.

Go play your old 64 or Gamecube and get off our Wii if you don't like it!
You didn't pay for my Wii, or anyone else's. And 64 and Gamecube were fine systems.

Enjoy your fail.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not necessarily a complaint, but...
Where would u post a thread about what chars would've been good to have in Brawl? And by this, I mean true, Nintendo franchise chars. I tried in the general discussion, and it cloooseed fast T.T

antimatter

Smash Lord
nowhere.
Brawl is done, wait till SSB4 if you want to talk about characters that should be in smash.

Erik_Rockbell

Smash Rookie
Not enough characters

The character roster is too small, they should have brought back Pichu and added Ryu Hyabusa, Sophitia Alexandria, Master Cheif, Isaac, Sothe, Eevee, and A big daddy from Bioshock. lol:mad:

derek.haines

Smash Ace
2 complaints about Brawl:

1. Nintendo didn't implement a full-fledged online service for it. We're having to fend for ourselves, which doesn't inspire people to readily take up the game specifically for the online mode.

2. By really no fault of its own, it's inspired far too much "Melee > Brawl" debate. The fact of the matter is, Melee controls differently than the O.G., and Brawl controls differently than Melee. Things change. Games evolve. Get used to it. If you really don't like the game, then just play Melee. Love and master Brawl despite its "faults", because if you can take your "nerfed" character and still be competitive with him/her then you'll just feel that much better about yourself.

Other than that I think it's exactly the game that the developers wanted it to be, and easily the best party game ever released.

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
I'm going to take this board seriously and not complain about the complaints, but I will stick to the subject like everyone else should!

Anyway, I don't like how you do not run as fast as you did in Melee. Things are a lot slower in this game to keep Sonic the fastest. Also, I do not like the costume colors, some are cool (Dark Toon/Link, and Black and Red WarioWare Wario) but some are kinda awkward, bizarre and strange (Pink Dedede)

On to the character selection: More characters would have been nice, 35 (actually 39 if you count Sheik, ZZS and the pokemon from PKMN Trainer). But I think they could have added more, like cram some, like pull a PKMN Trainer or a Zelda/Sheik and make Link, then Down + B to get Toon Link, Down + B to Young Link, or Mario and Down + B makes Paper Mario. Along those lines.

Which leads me to this, I wish there were more 3rd Party Characters (please dont flame me for it) but I would be ecstatic to see Megaman, Sora, Shadow, Master Cheif, Sephoroth (spell check) and many great others from the 3rd parties in there. Maybe for SSB4 if there is one.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
tihs gaem isnt cmptive enuf melee wsa mhcu btr bcuz it actuly taeks skl in tish gaem i can pwn lvl 9 no prblm
You're applying the "txt tlk implies stupidity" logic to the wrong crowd.

Also, why are rewarding a stupid thread with a sticky at the top of the board (and utterly massive pictures of bears)?

(that was my complaint)

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
i hate tripping....
i hate tripping...
also something other than magic, swords or fists would have been nice

Kreyn

Smash Rookie
This isnt really complaining, but i just want something that is relativly hard to do and requires skill that seperates pros from noobs.

lol

Matthewbomb12

Smash Rookie
another one of the problems is why did they take away saffron city from SSB that was my favorite level

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Just play Melee! :)
Just play Melee!
Just play Melee! :p
(there are about 13 and counting of these...)

O God, give me moderator powers, that I may reach through time and space to steal the mighty Banhammer and seize upon this troll with great wrath, and there would be great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Amen.

posts in question start about here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165363&page=50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom