• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansen

Smash Lord
You are succeeding in alienating yourself, that is, if that's what you're trying to do.

Tripping aint that bad, just walk it out. Or you can learn how to play snake.

I'd say the worst is brawlers who have no melee background, and complain about the game being too fast. That's possibly one of the worst johns I've ever encountered. But alas, I hail from wisjohnsin.

/longest post on this page.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
i hate the people who think they're the best because one time they beat a lvl 9, and only because of a smash ball or iteam
if you wanna test your skill, go to final destination and do you vs. 1-3 lvl 9's NO WEAPONS

C3CC

Smash Lord
1) Tripping. It's annoying.

2) The fact that when a computer grabs the 3 Dragoon Parts or the Smash Ball they are ALWAYS going to do it to you. No matter if there are 4 players in the match, the CPU'S are ALWAYS going to look for you.

3) Small roster, I want back Mewtwo and Roy, and I wanted Krystal, Claus, Masked Man, King K. Rool, Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter.

ZSSamus

Smash Apprentice
1. As everyone know... tripping. No purpose.

2. Balance Snake. Honestly with as much power as Ike adn speed as Marth he's quite annoying. Also, his melee has as much knockback as a smash attack. Not to mention his Up+B can save him usually without him even jumping, not only that but after using his up+B he can attack or use it again. It's also a pain to knock him out of his up+B because he can sustain so much damage. Jesus christ, he's harder to KO than Bowser or Dedede, and let
s not get started on his projectiles.

3. Give me more than a 5 minute trial for Ocarina of Time.

Tenki

Smash Hero
randomalmostnotbrawlrelatedcomplaint
"YOUR TOO SLOW!"

and I'm not talking about the Sonic taunt itself. It used to bother and annoy me, as a taunt, because of the voice and intonation. No. Not anymore.

Your too slow does not exist. Unless you're talking about an attribute that is inherent in Ike and Ganondorf.

I'd like to point out to whoever says "your too slow", that your too slow is showing :[

chansen

Smash Lord
1. As everyone know... tripping. No purpose.

2. Balance Snake. Honestly with as much power as Ike adn speed as Marth he's quite annoying. Also, his melee has as much knockback as a smash attack. Not to mention his Up+B can save him usually without him even jumping, not only that but after using his up+B he can attack or use it again. It's also a pain to knock him out of his up+B because he can sustain so much damage. Jesus christ, he's harder to KO than Bowser or Dedede, and let
s not get started on his projectiles.

3. Give me more than a 5 minute trial for Ocarina of Time.
You might wanna head to the terms thread. Melee? do you mean tilts? do you mean jabs? And dedede is heaviest btw.

/:dedede:-FATTY MCGEE!!!

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
more earthbound music. no slipping plox. more costumes needed. we still need more characters. roy was cooler than marth.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Tripping, Pit, Ivysaur, and the incredibly absurd Pikachu. They're so overpowered! And...umm... no Roy. Man, Roy was awesome. He sucked, but he was so cool. lol

Ikepwnsyou

Smash Cadet
I just say... NO TRIPPING! its pointless yet ive died about 2 times becasue of it. heres the secnario: *smash ball appears* Me: SWEET! *trip* pit: Paultenas troops, MOVE OUT! you all know the rest.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
1. Tripping

2. Melee is more balanced. In Melee, ANY character can be used and workable if you have the skill. In Brawl, it doesn't matter how good your Ganondorf is, you can just get owned with lazers. It doesn't matter how good your Donkey Kong is, you can just get infinite grabbed by DeDeDe. It doesn't matter how bad your Metaknight is, because your priority can get you out of a jam.

3. The game has gimmick characters (Sonic and Pit). They're not even that great, they just have really annoying attacks. Pit's arrows are broken on FD, and Sonic is just lame.

4. Finally, there are broken techniques. DeDeDe's infinite on DK, ROB's and Pika's downsmash, and Zelda's up smash. Heavy characters can get chaingrabbed for a guarunteed amount of damage with FULL DI. Camping can win a set for a srub of a player.

5. Final Destination is a broken stage if you don't have a spammable projectile and your opponent does. The stage SEVERELY limits your options of approach beacause there is less mobility in the game's engine. I always ban Final Destination when I play in tournaments, because it's so broken if I'm playin a Lucario (lame *** character. seriously, all Lucario players just roll, and camp with aura sphere. when they're in the air, the aura attacks have almost as much priority as Metaknight's moveset) or any other character than has a spammable projectile. :mad:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I just say... NO TRIPPING! its pointless yet ive died about 2 times becasue of it. heres the secnario: *smash ball appears* Me: SWEET! *trip* pit: Paultenas troops, MOVE OUT! you all know the rest.
Yup, it makes you look like a noob for tripping.

And the Stage Builder could be better...

pirkid

Smash Lord
Middle of an online match, the custom controls I had set to my name didn't work.

I started to laser instead of jump, and jab instead of grab. ><

Hikki

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I think it's kind of late (and somewhat pointless) to complain, but anyway...

1. The title screen. Really. What were they thinking when they made it? Come on, it's just a bunch of mixed up cinematics from the Subspace Emissary. I got really disappointed when I first watched the title screen, as I had already watched some SSE cinematics on YouTube before.

2. Advanced techniques, competitive play, yada yada yada. Yeah, I'm a melee pro and you know the drill. I'm not gonna argue about these things because I know the whole community is tired of this.

3. Captain Falcon being bad. Seriousily, WTF.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
My new complaint is the sudden random increase of people who come up randomly and go "Brawl sux, Melee 4 lyfe, I ****ed ur mom last night."

Why can't people just be cool and say "I prefer Melee" instead of "Brawl sux u nubz."

Tenki

Smash Hero
On a random note, I remember people complaining at how overpowered shielding is. Gawking about how much easier powershielding is now.

And then you have a bunch of people complaining about projectiles.

Are their shields broken or somethin? >_>

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
It's disgusting to see how many people complains about Brawl. What the hell they thought it would be? Time ago, in Melee, all kind of "advanced" techniques were discovered, making them to be spammed by everyone everywhere. My question is: DID you really think that they would let those cheap techniques be in Brawl? Those weren't really supposed to be in Melee, they are just BUGS in physics. And, anyway, Melee is not supposed to be with us anymore (at least in important tournaments), so it's better to get used to Brawl instead of complaining about the game.

I read from someone that since February there are thousands of people trying to discover some kind of new advanced techniques not finding anything in a response of another post saying it was soon to be anything discovered. OK, so what, is it really necessary to exploit Brawl physics to play well? Maybe Sakurai wanted players to be good because of their skills instead of exploiting physics? Is there any chance that someone will understand it anytime soon? And I'm with him, don't you think it IS REALLY soon to see advanced techniques in Brawl? I mean, c'mon, the game is not even in Europe yet. Melee techniques were hard to find (everything I mean, and there were SOO many...what a bugged game).

Brawl may not be as competitive as Melee was, but sure it's more balanced, wether you like it or not (and I'm not refering to characters but players, noobs in Melee didn't stand a chance vs pro players). Even if L-Cancel or Wavedasking were there, people would complaint about how overpowered MK is.

Then again, some others say that is easy to be equally skilled between players. Well, everytime I read it I just think something, they don't know how to play, meaning they are being pwned even with his/her best character (in Melee). How about playing Brawl a bit more instead of giving it up?

Others will say Brawl is for fun and Melee is for competition. Puff, that's just stupid enough to don't even read any other post from him. The only reason you could say that it's because YOU play it for fun, but just because YOU don't know how to control your character (wich, of course, you'll think its WAAAAAY worst than what it was in Melee).

As I see, there's always something to complain about, that won't change, so I guess it's better for me to get used to that since it will happen every time.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
On a random note, I remember people complaining at how overpowered shielding is. Gawking about how much easier powershielding is now.

And then you have a bunch of people complaining about projectiles.

Are their shields broken or somethin? >_>

shields... why I love mr.saturn. which apparently break them with one hit

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
i dunnno if this has already been discussed but:

what the hell is the purpose of a 40 second demo?
at this point, it isnt a demo. its a ****ing advertisement. other than the wifi, this is the biggest disappointment brawl has shown me.
i like the idea of masterpieces, dont get me wrong. i think there should be old titles from the characters in brawl that you can play. maybe just a select few. but 40 seconds?? youve got to be kidding me. that makes me NOT wanna buy the game.
even when i saw 1:00 next to super mario bros i was like, well im glad im can beat the game in 15 minutes but that kinda sucks its that short. i thought it was an HOUR and that still would have been a little sad.

drcossack

Smash Ace
My new complaint is the sudden random increase of people who come up randomly and go "Brawl sux, Melee 4 lyfe, I ****ed ur mom last night."

Why can't people just be cool and say "I prefer Melee" instead of "Brawl sux u nubz."
I agree with this. I do prefer Melee, but I'm not the Brawl sux!!!shift111! type. Brawl's engine just isn't the same to me. Whenever I played Brawl, I often found myself trying to Wavedash. I couldn't L-Cancel. I couldn't Tech.

It's disgusting to see how many people complains about Brawl. What the hell they thought it would be? Time ago, in Melee, all kind of "advanced" techniques were discovered, making them to be spammed by everyone everywhere. My question is: DID you really think that they would let those cheap techniques be in Brawl? Those weren't really supposed to be in Melee, they are just BUGS in physics. And, anyway, Melee is not supposed to be with us anymore (at least in important tournaments) , so it's better to get used to Brawl instead of complaining about the game.
@ the Bolded: People still play the SNES Street Fighter games. That tell you anything?

The advanced techniques: L-Cancelling was in SSB64. With the exception of Wavedashing, they're still in Brawl.

I read from someone that since February there are thousands of people trying to discover some kind of new advanced techniques not finding anything in a response of another post saying it was soon to be anything discovered. OK, so what, is it really necessary to exploit Brawl physics to play well? Maybe Sakurai wanted players to be good because of their skills instead of exploiting physics? Is there any chance that someone will understand it anytime soon? And I'm with him, don't you think it IS REALLY soon to see advanced techniques in Brawl? I mean, c'mon, the game is not even in Europe yet. Melee techniques were hard to find (everything I mean, and there were SOO many...what a bugged game).
Use of the AT's in Melee doesn't take skill? You can't Wavedash over and over and expect to be good. They supplement a player's existing skill, nothing more.

Brawl may not be as competitive as Melee was, but sure it's more balanced, wether you like it or not (and I'm not refering to characters but players, noobs in Melee didn't stand a chance vs pro players). Even if L-Cancel or Wavedasking were there, people would complaint about how overpowered MK is.
It is? Brawl's stages are a joke. Final Destination? There's no room to move.

Then again, some others say that is easy to be equally skilled between players. Well, everytime I read it I just think something, they don't know how to play, meaning they are being pwned even with his/her best character (in Melee). How about playing Brawl a bit more instead of giving it up?

Others will say Brawl is for fun and Melee is for competition. Puff, that's just stupid enough to don't even read any other post from him. The only reason you could say that it's because YOU play it for fun, but just because YOU don't know how to control your character (wich, of course, you'll think its WAAAAAY worst than what it was in Melee).

As I see, there's always something to complain about, that won't change, so I guess it's better for me to get used to that since it will happen every time.
I've played both. I play Marth and Sheik in Melee. I played them in Brawl. Sheik doesn't have as much knockback in Brawl. Marth is just completely different.

As far as Brawl being more fun and Melee being more competitive: Brawl isn't even fun. Granted, that could be a result of my competitiveness, but I doubt it. It's not that I can't control Marth and Sheik (I've been using them since Melee was released), but that the differences between the two versions are so extreme that there's no real point in it if I'm not enjoying the game.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
That's the problem. It's possible for a noob to beat a pro in brawl depending on what characters the 2 picked. Some characters are so broken in Brawl that every other character has to catch their *** to beat them.

From what I'm hearing MK WAS overpowered.

aequitas.veritas

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this. I do prefer Melee, but I'm not the Brawl sux!!!shift111! type. Brawl's engine just isn't the same to me. Whenever I played Brawl, I often found myself trying to Wavedash. I couldn't L-Cancel. I couldn't Tech.

@ the Bolded: People still play the SNES Street Fighter games. That tell you anything?

The advanced techniques: L-Cancelling was in SSB64. With the exception of Wavedashing, they're still in Brawl.

Use of the AT's in Melee doesn't take skill? You can't Wavedash over and over and expect to be good. They supplement a player's existing skill, nothing more.

I've played both. I play Marth and Sheik in Melee. I played them in Brawl. Sheik doesn't have as much knockback in Brawl. Marth is just completely different.

As far as Brawl being more fun and Melee being more competitive: Brawl isn't even fun. Granted, that could be a result of my competitiveness, but I doubt it. It's not that I can't control Marth and Sheik (I've been using them since Melee was released), but that the differences between the two versions are so extreme that there's no real point in it if I'm not enjoying the game.
so dont play brawl? but it seems like youre trying to convince people that melee is better and that, is well, an argument that can never be won. its not like brawlers will all of a sudden go 'youre right! melee is the better game!'

i prefer blue m&m's to red ones but i dont try n convince people to follow me.

btw, why so butt hurt about sheik being a little nerfed and marth's new mechanics? much was done to make the characters even. stop being stubborn and master a new character in this different game if you no longer like those.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet

Well, L-Cancel is "not" in Brawl, at least not as it was in Melee or SSB64 (where we REALLY pussed L to cancel it). I know people still play some old games (there's ALWAYS a reason, and mostly is because they don't want to innovate and they wanna stick with old-"nice"-combos).

They take skill, is just that seems that the game was based to do so, when it was not.

And that's why they implemented the Stage Editor, wich gives infinite options of stages.

I don't think Marth is completely different, he still have his spikes and some combos. Why don't you enjoy the game? Because it's extremly different?

Browny

Smash Hater
marth is different?

wtf, hes like the least changed of every melee vet. only one of his attacks has a different animation....

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I only have a few small complaints which are trivial at the most:

1. What is this tripping thing about? It isn't necessary at all and happens at random, so you can't prevent yourself from doing it!
  2. Why was Wario the only character with an Alternate Outfit with alternate colours? What about Peach (my fave character) having a Daisy outfit which has proper Daisy hair & Gloves? Admittedly it would be a waste of time to make a completely new character since the moves would probably be very similar, so I'm for alternate costumes which are unlockable or w/e in the next ssb.
  3. Why did they have to nerf so many characters? Why is Samus' Charge Shot so crap now even when at full blast? Why has Peach's moves been changed in really stupid ways? WHAT IS WITH THOSE HEARTS? And why does her down smash suck really badly now? Why can't she double jump as well as before?
  4. Why wasn't Waluigi put in this game as a playable character? The assist trophy is good, but it is obvious he could make a good brawler. Yes, this is just because I like him.
Yours complainingly,
CedricIzDead

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Dude. Is anyone else sick of the mass amounts of cheap death in this game? The super moves are ridiculously overpowered and a lot of them, for the most part, are unavoidable. It also seems that the items, and levels got a lot more nasty. It's fun to play, but from the brief amount of playtime I had with the game, I don't think the super moves are implemented very well. And the story mode...Is flat-out ridiculous. I played a lot of it with my brother and it's just soooo random it feels like a joke.
Maybe the mass amount of hype surrounding this game ruined it for me somewhat.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
Final Smash are quite avoidable in a 1vs1 fight, believe me. Just play without it, what's the problem there?

HAH! Infinite crappy cookie cutter "options." Real helpful.

Also, don't make the mistake of assuming people who complain about Brawl are bad at it. That's normally... wildly false.
But still, you can do your own final destination, what's so bad about it.
Not everyone, but the most CAN'T learn to play SSBB in jus a few months, how much time required to use wavedash apropiately in SSBM? And that's just a move...

Tenki

Smash Hero
I only have a few small complaints which are trivial at the most:

1. Why did they have to nerf so many characters? Why is Samus' Charge Shot so crap now even when at full blast? Why has Peach's moves been changed in really stupid ways? WHAT IS WITH THOSE HEARTS? And why does her down smash suck really badly now? Why can't she double jump as well as before?CedricIzDead

1. Characters with good range/spam games (Samus, Link, among others), have lower knockback on their attacks, but they deal damage relatively easier, so it's just a matter of adding 20-30% more.

- This is Brawl, not Melee. The 'changes' (or 'nerfs' as people call them) mean that the characters may demand a new playing style/moveset use. If you're trying to play a character like you did in Melee, you fail.

the general tip is this:
    If it was useless in Melee, it's probably useful now.
    it's partly true the other way around too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom