• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
That only one Assist Trophy can be out at a time, and that Only Three pokeballs can be out at time....I wanted to Nintendopalooza and pokepalooza matches (Loved doing Pokepalooza in Melee) TT___TT

EDIT: Oh yeah and those two idiots with the "Do you speak Greek" $#!t...Who the hell thought of that?!!? O_o :dizzy:

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
The rarity of the last random trophy is ****ing insane.

I've wasted over 40,000 coins in coin launcher, and have literally gone through over 9000 random trophies in SSE, and still haven't gotten my last one.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Just a few small gripes....

1. Sound
Some of the move soundeffects suck (Ex. Mario's air punch, Zelda kick, Falcon knee) Half of the times I can't even tell if I got hit or vice versa....All you hear is a cheap smash sound and the crowd.

^_^U And I know I'm nitpicking here, but I hate how characters don't make noises whenever you smash them silly. I use to love hearing a high damaged DK in Melee making gorilla sounds each time I smashed him around the stage (Especially when I'm pissed off. Very satisfying)

2. CPU AI
Ok....The CPU perfect flashes waaay too much .....I think lvl 7 is the new lvl 9 because anything after that is inhumanly improbable to comprehend in a heated battle. This also makes 4 player brawls "loads of fun" especially when your the "main target." Try to pull off a sneak attack on 2 cpus and they will both perfect shiled. I could go on and on. This type of bull**** has really put a dent on my love for brawl....

3. Tripping
What, they didn't think item bannana pills would be enough? Everybody has a hidden handicap now? BS....I want to know that I'm in control of my character at all times. What fighting game has ever had this feature? FAIL....

4. ToonLink=Waisted Character Slot

5. No wave dash

Mewter

Smash Master
If you don't want to hear someone say "Do you speak Greek" all the time, then put them on ignore. If you're doing this for no reason, we won't hear you. And if you are doing this for real, it's too annoying and I'll have to put you on ignore(Sorry)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just really need to vent.

Brawl is atrocious. It's simply a bad game for competitive play. I don't know why they made it so freaking terrible. I mean I could get over the absolutely pointless and destructive add of tripping with some time but all the ridiculously stupid things they decided to add or take away just make it not even worth playing. I mean honestly it's so limited in so many freaking ways. I feel like every character is mentally handicapped while I'm playing it. I mean really no L cancelling, no wavedashing, no edgecancelling, pathetic invincibility frames on the ledges, idiotic sweetspotting, blastzones that don't even freaking make sense, unbreakable chaingrabs that completely unbalance the game, overpowered characters, characters that got nerfed worse than anyone could ever imagine, worthless dash dancing, stupid DI and lack of hitstun which makes combos almost completely nonexistant. And yet people STILL insist that it's somehow a better game than Melee. I mean HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY EVEN THINK THAT??? The only reason that there could possibly be is either complete ignorance of Melee or just sucking so bad at it that you need it slowed down and dumbed down into Brawl just so you can play it. The worst part by far though is all the scrubs on smashboards. They all think they know everything about the game when they know absolutely nothing. In fact they usually completely disregard facts and use opinions as their sole arguments. Oh but my favorite part is when they have Melee vids of themselves on youtube. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing someone who thinks they're the sauce in Brawl playing like a freaking idiot in Melee and thinking they're good because they can sort of wavedash. And you want to yell at them and tell them just how badly they suck and they say "whatever, just cuz you can't use any of your glitches in Brawl you think the game is worse. I could take you on Wifi anyday." But wait! Wifi is completely worthless too!! There is so much lag that the game is hardly even playable much less competitive. I've done so much freaking research into this game just desperately trying to find something, anything that could help my character be worth something, developing his metagame only for there to be discovered an infinite chaingrab that most characters can do against him just because the programmers were to freaking stupid to notice a detail. I want to quit this game entirely. Leave it to rot like the carrion that it is and let Melee rise again like God willing it someday will. I can only hope that the insanity found within the players of this game will soon fade as they realize how worthless it is in comparison to Melee or even Smash 64 for that matter. Ugh. To think that I once believed Brawl had potential. It's just been like one sad hellish nightmare.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.

Brawl is atrocious. It's simply a bad game for competitive play. I don't know why they made it so freaking terrible. I mean I could get over the absolutely pointless and destructive add of tripping with some time but all the ridiculously stupid things they decided to add or take away just make it not even worth playing. I mean honestly it's so limited in so many freaking ways. I feel like every character is mentally handicapped while I'm playing it. I mean really no L cancelling, no wavedashing, no edgecancelling, pathetic invincibility frames on the ledges, idiotic sweetspotting, blastzones that don't even freaking make sense, unbreakable chaingrabs that completely unbalance the game, overpowered characters, characters that got nerfed worse than anyone could ever imagine, worthless dash dancing, stupid DI and lack of hitstun which makes combos almost completely nonexistant. And yet people STILL insist that it's somehow a better game than Melee. I mean HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY EVEN THINK THAT??? The only reason that there could possibly be is either complete ignorance of Melee or just sucking so bad at it that you need it slowed down and dumbed down into Brawl just so you can play it. The worst part by far though is all the scrubs on smashboards. They all think they know everything about the game when they know absolutely nothing. In fact they usually completely disregard facts and use opinions as their sole arguments. Oh but my favorite part is when they have Melee vids of themselves on youtube. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing someone who thinks they're the sauce in Brawl playing like a freaking idiot in Melee and thinking they're good because they can sort of wavedash. And you want to yell at them and tell them just how badly they suck and they say "whatever, just cuz you can't use any of your glitches in Brawl you think the game is worse. I could take you on Wifi anyday." But wait! Wifi is completely worthless too!! There is so much lag that the game is hardly even playable much less competitive. I've done so much freaking research into this game just desperately trying to find something, anything that could help my character be worth something, developing his metagame only for there to be discovered an infinite chaingrab that most characters can do against him just because the programmers were to freaking stupid to notice a detail. I want to quit this game entirely. Leave it to rot like the carrion that it is and let Melee rise again like God willing it someday will. I can only hope that the insanity found within the players of this game will soon fade as they realize how worthless it is in comparison to Melee or even Smash 64 for that matter. Ugh. To think that I once believed Brawl had potential. It's just been like one sad hellish nightmare.
Congradulations, you created a post even I didn't bother to read all the way through, and I've read through Yuna's posts. (This is DOCTORSTUPID's nightmare right here)

NukeA6

Smash Master

You say Brawl is lacking from what Melee had? I agree. But to say that Brawl is absolutely terrible is going overboard.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
brawl is slow and boring.

why half *** a game this mofo'ing epic

they intended those mental kids who just LOOOOOOOOOOV nintendo to buy the game not even unlock toon wolf and jiggs then drop the game next month when MK wii came out.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The only thing I don't like is that online keeps on crashing due to Mario Kart Wii making the servers busy. :(

dpunkz

Smash Cadet
I hate the multi-player, am i the only one? Lacks content and is difficult to use, no leader boards?

BEES

Smash Lord
The hitstun in Brawl is the only thing that bothers me. There practically isn't any.

I was actually very interested to see how advanced tactics would change in the game without the techs people were familiar with already. They'd have to learn new ones, and it would keep things fresh.

People are slowly figuring out new tricks in the game.

But that hitstun...

Even if you're winning, it's just a game of "run over to them, hit them, run over to them... get hit... run over to them, hit them." Which is very frustrating.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sorry about the wall of text earlier. It really was just to vent my frustration at what they've done to Super Smash Bros. Now I've just stopped playing Brawl altogether and I feel much better. And yes for competitive players it is a terrible game. If I hadn't played Melee and had such high hopes for Brawl I wouldn't even consider it worthy of being called a competitive game in the first place. And the "new tricks" being discovered are mostly just unbalancing the game and are all really easy to do.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hate the fact that scince so much hate is happing that people who could use online to pareticipate in tournies who coulndt drive and stuff now can not enjoy it, oh and dragoon parts...

Cross-Blade

Smash Cadet
It's a really....really sad day when a forum based on a fighting series has to have a complaint thread...

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'm tired of all the *****es complaining about Brawl. Sure, it has flaws, but seriously, either play it or don't. We don't want to hear about how Brawl molested you as a child.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
I'm tired of all the *****es complaining about Brawl. Sure, it has flaws, but seriously, either play it or don't. We don't want to hear about how Brawl molested you as a child.
Yeah, it's not like this is a complaint thread or anything. Oh wait, it ****ing is.

The only people that don't complain are the people that like to use Snake or Metaknight.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's not like this is a complaint thread or anything. Oh wait, it ****ing is.

The only people that don't complain are the people that like to use Snake or Metaknight.
FALSE!!!!!!!!!

I love to play as Meta Knight, and I had a few complaints of the games...nothing that would make me play it less but still i had a few complaints regardless....and i still give it a perfect score IMO

. And yes for competitive players it is a terrible game. QUOTE]

yet there are competitive players who dont think it is terrible at all

BEES

Smash Lord
Today I'm complaining about Ness/Lucas. People have figured out that these characters can be chain-grabbed, often to infinity or a kill move, by most of the cast. It's such a powerful detriment it makes them virtually impossible to compete with.

That brings me to the topic of balance. Melee WAS more balanced than Brawl.

There seem to be lots of character-specific glitches that make most of the cast unusuable against top tiers, to a much greater extent than Pichu or Mewtwo were handicapped. Literally 0-death losses from easy moves. It makes certain matchups simply impossible. Having more characters means nothing if only two are any good.

I'm looking at you, Metaknight and Snake.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I was a Lucas main. I'm done with the game now that the chaingrab has been discovered. Completely unbalanced. Idiotic beyond all reason. Awful programming. Melee is better.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
falco... chain grab and laser lock? DId they test this game before they released it? Falco says no.

they did an assbackwards rebalancing of the game. i feel like they should have had a more street fighter approach to balance, or maybe should have found a way to patch the game.

nogalicious

Smash Cadet
I was a Lucas main. I'm done with the game now that the chaingrab has been discovered. Completely unbalanced. Idiotic beyond all reason. Awful programming. Melee is better.
[butthurt]Tyr_03[/butthurt]

Anyway, sometimes I wish SSBB was on xbox360 (soley for xbox live) , or something similar. Wifi is a couple points shy from being completley whack. But hey, it's the least we can expect for a free service.

:ohwell:

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
THIS GAME HAS THE CHEAPEST *** ITEMS. INSTANT RAY GUN LASER LOCK -> BUBBLE BLAST KO, FU**ING ITEMS SPAWN RANDOMLY AND RIGHT NEXT TO PEOPLE,
I GET FRIGGIN 3 STOCKED WHEN IM PLAYIN SNAKE AND MY FRIEND IS ROB AND HE GETS DAM LUCKY WITH THE ITEMS EVEN THOUGH I'M OWNING HIM WITH JUST MY 'NADES.
Then again, I get lucky too, but this is just ridiculous.
Balanced my *** Sakurai. More like I'M GOING TO GIVE THE SKILL-LESS AN ADVANTAGE BY SPAWNING THE ITEMS RIGHT NEXT TO THEM AND PUTTING THEM IN RANDOM PLACES SO THAT ITS BALANCED :D.
What a bunch of bull.
Even in melee there were set item spawn locations, and those were more fair. Yea you could camp for them, but they weren't friggin 0-25%-KO.
Friggin impossible to do 25% ko's now anyway without items.
Especially broken items: cracker launcher, deku nut (hard as crap to see and backfires a lot or u just accidentally hit it when u spawn...),
Wait, why I am I even ranting about items when they were luck in the first place...
Geez, I'm just listening to a friend John about how he can't beat me without them lol.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Chaingrab against Lucas and Ness.
I dont even main them,but that thing is just unfair.
So much potential wasted.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
I have to get this off my chest --

There are two warring factions on these boards: Brawl lovers, Brawl haters. The Brawl haters are the people who were allegedly good at Melee. The Brawl lovers are *******.

I want to turn my attention to the haters --

Do you realize that Melee was not about technical ability? If you watch world-class matches, you'd discover that it was about mindgames! In many videos (such as MLG or OC2) you see two of the best players go head to head. Count how many times a tactical wavedash is used. You see a lot more of every other tactic. Did you even know that Falco's wavedash was one of the most useless in the game?

You put so much emphasis on WD'ing but in the end you could never call yourself a good player for having such a reliance on it. Top-end competetive players like Azen and Ken and even M2K (who HATES Brawl) didn't use it as THE alternative to moving, they used it as a part of their arsenal.

I'll admit, I was sad to see wavedashing kicked out. I liked using it. I was just starting to use waveshining when Brawl came out. Yet...I didn't want to see Brawl fail. I filled the void by playing the game against my friends and computers. To put it short, instead of condemning the game, I adapted to it.

On another note, I just like to say that the game is too young to say it has no combos. Saying it has no advanced tactics is hard to argue (since hundreds of people are deconstructing the physics just to see the "next wavedash"). Yet since this is happening, nobody is really looking for combos. They just assume, since the transition was so great, that Brawl has no combos.

It's not that Brawl doesn't have any. That is a lie. Brawl just doesn't have any of MELEE'S combos. Make sense? Waveshining is gone, pillaring is gone, but does that give you the right to assume that Brawl ain't got nothing?

And if you loved L-cancelling THAT much, just find characters that have no lag upon landing attacks. Some examples include glide-attacks. They have NO LAG, and Metaknight's is the best since his shuttle loop will throw you into a glide. Also, in my gradual efforts to deconstruct characters, I've found that two out of five of Wolf's aerials have NO LAG upon landing (his Bair and Uair). Marth can shorthop aerials and land as they end -- yes, essentially, letting him combo in to things like tilts or smashes. ROB can go double-fair into down smash, something that not even the DI of a level 9 can save. Sheik can chain tilts into almost any other attack she has. Metaknight's Fair approach can only be countered by characters with a high double jump (Squirtle, Toon Link). Sonic has some of the lowest distanced throws evar. Hyphen-smashing is godly with Fox.

These are all examples of combos and tactics. Don't even get me started on ZSS, or tether-hogging. Yes, it's a downgrade from Melee in terms of being able to cancel every aerial and being able to move efficiently, but does that make Brawl suck? Does that mean Brawl has no combos and no advanced tactics? Does that mean that Brawl offers nothing new to the table?

NO!

So why don't you just try and get better at the game? Right now, almost everyone who has Brawl sucks at it. I understand you don't want to go through the same gradual rigorous process -- remember when you were bad at Melee? You probably got frustrated because the game was too fast during your 64->Melee transition. I can understand why you think Brawl is a terrible piece of ****. But it's not Brawl that is the problem. I mean this with as much respect as possible.

TL;DR version:
-most people are overemphasizing the removal of wavedashing; it's not as key as you think
-combos are in the game, it's just people are looking for the-next-advanced-tactic and not for combos
-you and I are bad at the game, just like we were when Melee came out...remember those days?
-Brawl is a downgrade in terms of applicable global tactics, but it does offer lots of new goods to the table to make it not strictly worse in competetive play

Brawl only sucks because people think it sucks. That's my complaint about this game.

OriginalVillain

Smash Cadet
WHAT HAPPENED TO PEACH?!?!?!

The downsmash? Dear lord, it hurts to use it in brawl. And her dash? Two hits? Are you kidding me???

And sheik too! They badly nerfed all my mains, it's so annoying. Sure it may be more balanced, but removing the use of combos is just stupid.

As for new characters, they should have put more interesting people. We don't need Fox, Falco, AND Wolf. Also, they should have made Ness and Lucas better (the chaingrab is just stupid) and more varied. Dedede is terrible, Bowser still sucks, and Wolf is the new Fox. Also I was really hoping for Isaac, Ridley, and Knuckles.

Other than that, Brawl is pretty fun as long as you aren't looking for Melee 2.

Jo3y

Smash Cadet
Delayed world wide release, worst. thing. ever.

but: AUSTRALIA STILL HAS MELEE D:<

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I have to get this off my chest --

There are two warring factions on these boards: Brawl lovers, Brawl haters. The Brawl haters are the people who were allegedly good at Melee. The Brawl lovers are *******.

I want to turn my attention to the haters --

Do you realize that Melee was not about technical ability? If you watch world-class matches, you'd discover that it was about mindgames! In many videos (such as MLG or OC2) you see two of the best players go head to head. Count how many times a tactical wavedash is used. You see a lot more of every other tactic. Did you even know that Falco's wavedash was one of the most useless in the game?

You put so much emphasis on WD'ing but in the end you could never call yourself a good player for having such a reliance on it. Top-end competetive players like Azen and Ken and even M2K (who HATES Brawl) didn't use it as THE alternative to moving, they used it as a part of their arsenal.

I'll admit, I was sad to see wavedashing kicked out. I liked using it. I was just starting to use waveshining when Brawl came out. Yet...I didn't want to see Brawl fail. I filled the void by playing the game against my friends and computers. To put it short, instead of condemning the game, I adapted to it.

On another note, I just like to say that the game is too young to say it has no combos. Saying it has no advanced tactics is hard to argue (since hundreds of people are deconstructing the physics just to see the "next wavedash"). Yet since this is happening, nobody is really looking for combos. They just assume, since the transition was so great, that Brawl has no combos.

It's not that Brawl doesn't have any. That is a lie. Brawl just doesn't have any of MELEE'S combos. Make sense? Waveshining is gone, pillaring is gone, but does that give you the right to assume that Brawl ain't got nothing?

And if you loved L-cancelling THAT much, just find characters that have no lag upon landing attacks. Some examples include glide-attacks. They have NO LAG, and Metaknight's is the best since his shuttle loop will throw you into a glide. Also, in my gradual efforts to deconstruct characters, I've found that two out of five of Wolf's aerials have NO LAG upon landing (his Bair and Uair). Marth can shorthop aerials and land as they end -- yes, essentially, letting him combo in to things like tilts or smashes. ROB can go double-fair into down smash, something that not even the DI of a level 9 can save. Sheik can chain tilts into almost any other attack she has. Metaknight's Fair approach can only be countered by characters with a high double jump (Squirtle, Toon Link). Sonic has some of the lowest distanced throws evar. Hyphen-smashing is godly with Fox.

These are all examples of combos and tactics. Don't even get me started on ZSS, or tether-hogging. Yes, it's a downgrade from Melee in terms of being able to cancel every aerial and being able to move efficiently, but does that make Brawl suck? Does that mean Brawl has no combos and no advanced tactics? Does that mean that Brawl offers nothing new to the table?

NO!

So why don't you just try and get better at the game? Right now, almost everyone who has Brawl sucks at it. I understand you don't want to go through the same gradual rigorous process -- remember when you were bad at Melee? You probably got frustrated because the game was too fast during your 64->Melee transition. I can understand why you think Brawl is a terrible piece of ****. But it's not Brawl that is the problem. I mean this with as much respect as possible.

TL;DR version:
-most people are overemphasizing the removal of wavedashing; it's not as key as you think
-combos are in the game, it's just people are looking for the-next-advanced-tactic and not for combos
-you and I are bad at the game, just like we were when Melee came out...remember those days?
-Brawl is a downgrade in terms of applicable global tactics, but it does offer lots of new goods to the table to make it not strictly worse in competetive play

Brawl only sucks because people think it sucks. That's my complaint about this game.
wait...the ones who love Brawl are *******?...and just xactly WTH is that supposed to mean? D=<

You just proved his point.
no not really...he said that the ones that dont complain are Meta Knight and Snake players.....Im a Meta Knight Player....and i still had my quarrels with the game....and i said my complaints... thus proving that the ones that dont complain are not Meta Knight Players...Snake on the other hand I cant say cause im not a Snake player XD

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey brawl is fine. Ya it's slower. GET USED TO IT! STOP *****!NG ON A FORUM AND GET GOOD AT IT! Or just forget about it and don't play it. My primary grievance at this particular moment is the 64 friend limit...I've already deleted over 100....WTF? what was the point of restricting # of friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom