• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

studly

Smash Ace
my only complaint is the ridiculas lack of speed and how everyone seems to float more
otherwise i actually love brawl an dMElee both

Trozz

Smash Ace
Stage complaints:
- Why are the throwables in the Mario Bros battle stage so damaging? Gah.
- Delfino Plaza = glitched. There's a spot where if you're standing on the platform as it goes in to a ground level, you'll be sucked under. What the hax.
- New Pork city should be able to have entire sections of it destroyed. As is, it's way too dull/boring.
- Why don't you get a !!! warning whenever cars are about to come on the F-Zero track? You get a warning for the wimpy vehicles in Onett.
- What happened to Saria's song?? That was my favorite.
- Why can't you choose between Mushroomy Kingdom above-ground or under-ground?
- It'd be nice if you could choose which Pokemon appeared at Spear Pillar. Some are fun to play with while others are just annoying.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
tripping is horrible
most of levels suck, like FD the bottom always kills someone
wi-fi is so limited and horrible lag
you can only record 3 minute matches

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
my complaint is that there are clones. my second complaint is that theres no sora or banjo kazooie (i dont care wich 1 as long as 1 of them r in) and 3 i sometimes hate that theres only 2 min matches over wifi because it seems really short

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
- Why can't you choose between Mushroomy Kingdom above-ground or under-ground?
You can, just hold the sheild button, (L or R if you play with Classic and GC controllers) then it will show up Under Ground. Works everytime. :)

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Where can I get a link that lets me listen to all the songs in Brawl..I know there's one I just can't find it.

stillsickwithit

Smash Rookie
complain about brawl is that u can't combo like u could in melee and the floatyness is retarted....worst physics in the world....overall brawl is not that great of a game.....

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
This thread rules as much as every Smash Bros. game ever made.

I enjoy all three Smash Bros. games equally, and I'll grant each one could have been improved in some way, shape, or form. But every game has flaws, doesn't it?
Anyway, here're some of the ways I would alter Brawl for my approval.

1. Add Megaman. X, specifically. He's the coolest.
2. Leave Mewtwo in as something more than a trophy. I would've been happy with him as a boss, even.
3. Let Ganondorf use his sword, dang it! The fact that Sakurai's aware of this is kind of a humorous slap in the face, isn't it?
4. More and better stages. "Like what, Dark_Ness?" Hmm... where do I begin?
Bowser's Castle, Fortuna, Cave of the Past (From Earthbound, and yes- with Giygas in the background, doing all kinds of crazy crap to the players), Gerudo Valley, OLD Dreamland from SSB64, and maybe perhaps a sky stage that let you jump and use recovery moves indefinitely. I dunno how that'd work, but it'd be the greatest thing in the universe.
5. This is a personal preference, but I miss the old battlefield. It had a dark, futuristic feel to it that I enjoyed.
6. Ness does not know PK Starstorm. He knows Psi Rockin Omega. That should have been his Final Smash.
7. Brawl's not as quick as Melee was. I liked the fast-paced aspect of Melee.
8. This is NOT an ending:
Tabuu: "BLAAH I AM DEAD BLAAH EVERYTHING IS RESTORED NOW"
Mario: << >> "So... what now?"
Dedede: "Let's go watch the sunset!"
Everyone: "lol ok"
THIS, however, IS an ending:
Tabuu: "BLAAH I AM DEAD BLAAH EVERYTHING IS RESTORED NOW"
Mario: << >> "So.. what now?"
Sonic: *Walks up to Mario* "I've always wanted to fight you."
Mario: "You want to right now?"
Sonic: "I don't see why not."
(Player chooses between Mario or Sonic and fights the other as the credits scroll by, with the others watching)
9. More creative bosses. Ridley = Master Hand = Rayquaza = Crazy Hand = Tabuu = etc. etc. etc. [yeahright]Or at least involve Giygas somehow.[/yeahright]

Okay, that's enough of my gripes. There's more I could list, but much of it is just me wanting to either make Mother's representation astronomical or make Ness God tier. =P

But yeah. Brawl has flaws, sure, but it's still the greatest game I've played thus far.

jankus2

Smash Rookie
special moves and roll dodge

I hate how you can knock people off the stage and if they use their air jump they can still get back on by using a special move. I also hate how people can roll dodge, it is so op.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Can I make a complaint about people who have never played Super Metroid?

there are no opinions on this subject, Super Metroid is the
greatest game ever made.
No way! That's Super Mario Bros 3. Though, I do agree Super Metroid is somewhere up there.

Slike

Smash Cadet
My complaints?

Unoriginal target tests.

Stage builder doesn't have water.

Bowser jr. isn't in, but I got over that.

Ike just kills the balance. It's just not fun with Ike around.

I hate tripping. Once I tripped on intense boss battles on my 9th battle, and I tripped right when Crazy hand felt like throwing me off the stage.

Some characters (Ike, and Diddy) are nerfed on SSE because some of their moves are too good for the monsters. (Ike, self explanatory, and Diddy's jet pack is a really good recovery when you charge it. Sorry, can't have that in SSE)

People complain about the smallest things.

It's addicting, and it just HAS to be around my state testing time. Good god, I better still ace the math test. I got a 99 on reading... But math is my strong suit. *see above to get the joke*

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Ike is one of the most balanced characters in the game...if you run into an fsmash....

-Ciao

Browny

Smash Hater
people who use the same character over and over and over again in 1vs1 friends wi-fi

why is it no surprise the ones that do this always main wolf or toon link >_>

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
although I absolutely love SSBB and give it a perfect score regardless...i do have some problems with it...mostly small but i find great annoyance with them regardless

1. with dragoon parts, it can take u nine hits to make a CPU to drop a part, but it takes one hit from the CPU to make u drop a part

2. although we can build stages, we are only given a certain number of block which still limit our creativity and the they should have add more elemtns to it (water areas, ie platforms, the ability to make a moving stage set)

3. we can't use the Golden Hammers on the prizes u obtain from Boss battle mode in the Challenge menu. (some cant complete BB mode on Intense difficulty ppl! HELLO?!?!?!?)

4. (i find this next one humourous as well), when in my music on a certain stage, sometimes u put one song all the way up, and another almost next to nothing but still available to play. then when playing on (insert stage name here), the song that u set on next to nothing plays more frequent then the one u put all the way up.

5. the option to set the game in Japanese (think SSBM), i honestly thought it would be fun to hear the Japanese voice artists in Brawl, (Lani Minella's voice acting for Pit annoys me a bit for some reason( it's ok but yeah, sounds a bit fake) . after hearing alot of voice complaints U'd think it would be Sonic, IMO I find Jason's voice acting suitable for Sonic in the games, but not in the anime though, and (to me) it does sound different in Brawl then it does in the anime which is a good thing. but I still like Ryan Drummond voice acting more though

6. someone said this before, no orginal Target stages for each character (though i love the idea of the difficulty change option)

7. the "Ai no Uta (French version)" song it is so annoying to hear song loop like that in a fighting game. it similar as to how in DDR when picking a song u hear the sample of it which fades to nothing then starts again out of nowhere. yah it like that for this sing. OH and the "Seven Rings in Hand" song is annoying as hell as well XP

8. Peach's second jump gains no height (WTH WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?! O__O )

that's pretty much it....but like i said before....despite these problems of the game that i have...I still give it a perfect score 434454655665453656/100...see how bad at math I am? XD

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
Meta

1. That isn't true

2. we get enough to fill up half the stage isn't that enough.

3. so your saying they should make the game easier just for you.

4. Then turn the sound off on your tv.

5. Um what.........

6. atleast they made 5 different levels.

7. Well the don't listen to it.
P.S. i like it.

8. they were thinking that that umbrella she carries must be heavy so they made here have a more likely jump.

0wN3D.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No way! That's Super Mario Bros 3. Though, I do agree Super Metroid is somewhere up there.
SMB3 is awesome. Super Metroid is better. It's simple math. Math that says I'm right. Coincidence? No. Math is never wrong or bias.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Meta

1. That isn't true

0wN3D.

1. actaully yeah it is tru sometimes , cause if they have a part i can hit them with fully charged smash attack that hits multiple time and they wont drop it, while if i have a piece, they just do a side strong attack and i drop ait..it has happened...

2 filling up half a stage with the parts we are given is not a substitute for originality and creativity...though god bless the one who can do an awesome stage with the part they have (^^)v

3 they already did in my case, im just saying that it's messed up for a Golden hammer which is supposed to act like a free token for the prizes not work on one thing.

4. y would i wanna do that? did i say i was complaining? no i said i found it funny. little annoying but mostly funny

5. the language option in Melee? how u can change English to Japanese? me hoping there would be something similar in Brawl? make sense?

6. and that's fine...although im just saying character could have 5 different target stages of their own and not the same one like we have now

7.which is y i set those songs off, and if u like them, thst's fine i dont care, it's my opinion, im saying that Ai no Uta (French) has the worst loop, and that Seven Rings in hand was annoying as hell, but if u like them don't let my opinion stop u doing so

8. no they reduced her second jump to almost nothing....her parasol is not the reason

also buddy where do u get off saying u owned me just because i stated my problems with the game, im not trying to think im better than anyone else nor am i saying the game sucks. these are my personal annoyances with the game and this here is the thread to talk about it. i don't ever remember reading that this thread was a debate thread about other problems with it. u didn't own anyone, the only thing u DO own is the title known as "@$$hole of the day" *hands u the certificate* enjoy, now f*ck off u attention-begging W#ore <^>(^^)<^>

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble finding people to play with in my area, so I was really looking forward to online play. Finally, I would be able to play with other people whenever I wanted for as long as I wanted! :chuckle:

Oh wait. "With Anyone" sucks and Nintendo isn't doing a **** thing to fix it except say "try again" and "wait it out". :mad::mad::mad::urg::mad::mad::mad::urg:

smash_lord1050

Smash Apprentice
my complaint is that i dont have internet acces. so i cant play online. which sucks b cuz the computers keep shielding and jumping and it pisses me off. i think that it should be more offence than defence.

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that the host of a friends match can change without anyone else in the match being able to do anything about it seems to be the rules (I could've swore a couple of timed FFAs I hosted turned into stock matches). I'm tired of playing on stages I don't like and I'm tired with playing with items off that I want on and items on I want off.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sakurai said:
...But wait a second! The European version still isn’t out yet!! We’re still hard at work on it, so please hold on a little longer!

*facepalm*

WTF ARE YOU STILL DOING? WTF IS THERE POSSIBLY LEFT TO DO? WTF HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME? YOU'RE STILL F****** WORKING ON IT? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WORKING ON? HAVE YOU JUST PROGRAMMED THE CHARACTERS? HAVE YOU JUST DECIDED UPON WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE SSE? WHAT THE FLYING 747 **** HAVE YOU DONE? HAS WORK ON THE PAL VERSION EVEN STARTED?

Sakurai your failure is insurmountable.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
mr gameandwatch
you grab-downthrow-downsmash

unless they know about this, at low %'s this will work everytime

THIS IS A COMBO

this is not a combo (any character i dont care)

ok so i start by using my dash
then use my forward air
then i use my down air
then i use my

ok this depends on WHO YOUR FIGHTING and it also depends on IF THEY DONT DODGE IT.

stop calling a bunch of moves that worked for you in a random *** game a "combo" its not a combo and it just leads to people asking

omg i need no gud combos 4 pit 2 kill plz

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
found a new complaint....this one i find to be humorous, Ironic and just plain messed up O__o

The Ice Climber's Final Smash : Iceberg

no im not complaining about the actual FS itself.....I think it's pure genius....but there's something about it that doesnt make sense....Popo and Nana are called the "Ice Climbers"....no get this they're called the "ICE CLIMBERS"...and for whatever messed up reason they cannot "Climb" or in other words walk on the giant Iceberg as a sloped but walkable platform for them. I can understand the other fighters not being able to...but it's really kind of messed up for the "Ice Climbers" not being able to do it....or maybe they can but im doing something wrong...huh i'll look into it but in the meantime yeah but it is the funniest thing i have a complaint on

OH! i have another complaint , and it's the fact that ppl cant make up their minds on whether Meta Knight's "Dimesional Cape" move can deflect projectiles or not... take a look at Meta Knight's page in smashwiki (i still call it that)....it says in his pro and con sections that it can but it's difficult to pull off....while if u click on the link for "Dimesional Cape" it'll say that it's not able to deflect projectiles...to the ppl who made the edits in either page....plz...make up yur dam minds and get it straight.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
I also dislike the removal of "bonuses". I loved seeing what crazy titles I had won during the match and Bonus mode was so fun because it was so unpredictable.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Wanna know what pisses me off about Brawl? Gannondorf not getting a sword. Ever since seeing the graphic teaser of Link and Gannondorf that Nintendo made for the Gamecube I've wanted Gannondorf to be a wicked sword fighter. He even begins to use a sword in all of the Zelda games following it! I was willing to tolerate Gannondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee due to time constraints, but after the release of Twilight Princess and him using a sword in that game as well I fully expected him to be a 300 pound sword weilding monster. He even has a taunt that SHOWS you the sword he COULD be using, but instead decide to punch with the speed of molasses. In Brawl, Gannondorf SHOULD have been what Ike IS, and have Ike get the shaft.

On a side note, this may sound like a huge stretch, but I had my fingers crossed for Knuckles to be in Brawl as well. I wasn't too disappointed when I learned he wasn't in it, but it would have been nice to have Sonic at least have an alternate costume of him. ^^;;;

Aside from that and them not picking more interesting characters from the Fire Emblem series, I am quite content with the way things turned out. Falco may have been a little too much, but he's different enough from Fox for me to accept him and Wolf is ALMOST an entirely different character from the other two animals, far too different to be associated with them move wise. Lucario had me scratching my head for a long while though until one of my younger friends freaked out after seeing him, saying he's the coolest thing around. You see, I stopped watching Pokemon movies somewhere around the time my balls dropped (somewhere around 10 years ago) while my friend, unfortuantly, did not... >____>;;; Hence, I had no Earthly clue who the hell Lucario was. ^^;;;

Anywho, this ramble is going on longer than I intended, so I'll end it on this note: Toon Link rocks. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom