• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
I am deeply disapointed in Samurai panda
Why would you lock peoples threads for complaining about the game and then make your own thread on compaining you have to much power on here and moderators on this forum are crazy....

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
FREAKING PIKACHUES CHAIN GRABBING ME TO 95% ON M FOX ARGOHA WTF IS THIS **** OMFG ARJGHAOHFHKLASJ...

Yeah, right. I hate pika :D:laugh:

slayeriku

Smash Cadet
tripping, air tripping(when you cant jump after they hit you) and spammable cahracters, pit's arrow, lucas's pk fire etc.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Not so! Without her green nin-jiggly ribbon, I can't POSSIBLY play at full power. I am forced to use the semi-stylish green winter hat!
thankyou!

10chars
ok ok i see wat both of u mean now LOL =D

I wish Brawl was more like Halo 3. What were they thinking!?
so...u want Brawl...a fighting game...to be more like shooting game?..yeeeeeaaahh...no..just no...sides didnt Halo 3 do a lot worse than the first two? plz tell me u were being sarcastic -_-U

Urb

Smash Journeyman
I am also very mad at the not-inclusion-of Isaac or Viewtiful Joe! (As playables). These dudes where practically MADE for SSBB. Isaac's FS coulda have been Judgement, and his specials could all be psyenrgy. His grabs could be long range using "Catch". etc. Joe is just awsome.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I am also very mad at the not-inclusion-of Isaac or Viewtiful Joe! (As playables). These dudes where practically MADE for SSBB. Isaac's FS coulda have been Judgement, and his specials could all be psyenrgy. His grabs could be long range using "Catch". etc. Joe is just awsome.
wait....was VJ even considered a popular choice for third party????? :confused:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I don't associate with fugly **** mice that can someone shoot thunder out it's ******.
I though Pikachu generates the electricity from the cheeks on its face XDDDDDD...and why not??? it's fun to do the "Electric Flower" smash on ppl (^^)v...and yes that is the official name for his Dsmash if u didnt kno

PK_Earthbound

Smash Rookie
I have a few complaints, although they seem to be really ridiculous.

The most important, Mewtwo being replaced with Lucario. Sure I like both, but I liked Mewtwo way better because he was so awesome. Especially that v+A and v+Throw was such a godly combo. Lucario sucks compared to Mewtwo although both do PWN

2. I just want more Mother chars. Come on...Paula or Kumatora? Those two were awesome party members in my playthrough.

3. Lv 9 CPUs. Yeah, seemingly perfect reflexes, and all they do is dodge and perfect shield until they see a frame of lag, then they kill you.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

The most important, Mewtwo being replaced with Lucario. Sure I like both, but I liked Mewtwo way better because he was so awesome. Especially that v+A and v+Throw was such a godly combo. Lucario sucks compared to Mewtwo although both do PWN

2. I just want more Mother chars. Come on...Paula or Kumatora? Those two were awesome party members in my playthrough.

3. Lv 9 CPUs. Yeah, seemingly perfect reflexes, and all they do is dodge and perfect shield until they see a frame of lag, then they kill you.
1. a love/hate relationship =D

2 totally agree with u there

3. are u kidding, that's a good thing!!!! we needed harder CPU's compared to Melee's (^^)v...though u r right...their strategies are practically flawless and can be quite annoying,

graves

Smash Journeyman

More mother chars? There was only ever one game of it i don't get one there's TWO!!!

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
Normally I wouldn't contribute to a complaint thread, but there's just something that bothers me greatly. It's computer players.... I find that the AI is seriously lacking first off. While in previous installments, the AI would actually change tactics and aggressivness as you increased their level, where as now they seem to always fight the same and seem to have some kind of handicap. I mean, when fighting lvl 3's and 9's, they seem to fight the same but things like stunned time, how many hits until they drop items, ect are what change. I could be percieving that wrong, thought it is very noticable when I drop a Smash Ball from one weak attack but yet have to beat the ever-loving crap out of a CPU to have the same effect.

Also, and this is the big one for me, the CPU's always direct their attacks at any humans before they attack other CPU's. I have actually seen them come from the other side of the stage just to attack me when there is another enemy CPU right beside them. They will stop fighting each other when I return to the stage to come after me, going so far as to outright ignore each other until I'm sent flying. I play Smash by myself 95% of the time, so it's like I might as well be fighting 3 lvl-9 CPU's on a team. In this
way, 4 on 4 FFA's have lost a bit of the FFA feel in my opinion.

My only other complaints are screen obscuring items and control reversals since these only hurt human players and the ever infuriating random tripping, both of which I can put up with easier than the AI issues.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Also, inb4 any reply from MetaKnightsSword, post count does not make you God and if it did, I'd root for Satan.
did i ever said that i was better than ppl cause I have a high post count??? no...buddy u need to get your head out of yur @$$ and stop being a prick. im just replying about ppl's complaints...that's not a bad thing....the only one that seemed negative was when i replied to the guy who said that Brawl should be more like Halo 3....which i think is pure crap to think such a thing of already awesome game....so bite me (^^)v

P.S.

besides just because u'd root for Satan that would not stop him from making u his bitc# XDDDDDD

NukeA6

Smash Master
Normally I wouldn't contribute to a complaint thread, but there's just something that bothers me greatly. It's computer players.... I find that the AI is seriously lacking first off. While in previous installments, the AI would actually change tactics and aggressivness as you increased their level, where as now they seem to always fight the same and seem to have some kind of handicap. I mean, when fighting lvl 3's and 9's, they seem to fight the same but things like stunned time, how many hits until they drop items, ect are what change. I could be percieving that wrong, thought it is very noticable when I drop a Smash Ball from one weak attack but yet have to beat the ever-loving crap out of a CPU to have the same effect.

Also, and this is the big one for me, the CPU's always direct their attacks at any humans before they attack other CPU's. I have actually seen them come from the other side of the stage just to attack me when there is another enemy CPU right beside them. They will stop fighting each other when I return to the stage to come after me, going so far as to outright ignore each other until I'm sent flying. I play Smash by myself 95% of the time, so it's like I might as well be fighting 3 lvl-9 CPU's on a team. In this
way, 4 on 4 FFA's have lost a bit of the FFA feel in my opinion.

My only other complaints are screen obscuring items and control reversals since these only hurt human players and the ever infuriating random tripping, both of which I can put up with easier than the AI issues.
So true. The CPU hates humans.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I want to complain about people who go through the complaint thread complain about people complaining. someone who de\oes that is an annoyance. "Let's make fun of the people who are doing they are suppose to be doing!" LOL, fail.

Shut up. And leave.

That's another complain't from me.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
alright guys. today april 17th i went to 2 Smash Bros tournaments. one for brawl 1v1 and one for melee 1v1.. this is long btw O.o

the brawl one i got like what 9th place? do u know who won? a Pit. the second place winner was a falco ( lol wtf!)

there was 64 people at the brawl one and 26 at melees. the thing is u can completely see the difference. to me melee is just so much more fun. intense battles, countless techniques and faced paced action. the brawl tournament all people did was roll, dodge and grab. matches took like 8 minutes at the semi finals. i personally dont like games that take as long as chess lol. brawl was wayy too campy and defenseive.

heres the thing in brawl there is no hitstun. no way could u combo anyone because the second they go into the air they can air dodge several times allowing for major slow floaty gameplay.

i won the melee tounrament against this guy named $$ who says hes the best in NJ! lol sike mew2king is. i was beast i coudlnt beleive how much more i like melee.

so im taking a break from brawl. you guys have fun, pretend your getting better. but go to the mall and when a little kid comes close to beating u youll see there is just too much of a noob friendly things in the game. instant ledge grabs, its soo easy to pwershield and you can recover back into the stage no matter what. in melee u actually had to plan things out .

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'd like to complain about these forums. Because lately all that's been here is spam and complaining topics. I remember when I used to be able to find new info.

gamadaya

Smash Rookie
do u thinks it because they were sick and tired of how much destroyed them in Melee?

=P

=D
Still, I hate that instead of trying to develop better AI, they took the Soul Caliber route and just increased thier reflexes until instant. Computers shouldn't be able to dodge a shine. And just now, I was fighting fox as wolf, and I used my fsmash. He shielded it (perfectly of course), I went through him due to wolf's range, and he actually turned around and grabbed me before I could finish the animation. He sheilded, turned around, and grabbed before my attack even finished.

Also the fact that cpus can break out of grabs so fast. Why do the make them able to do stuff that humans can't do? I also hate how you have to break out of grabs. Couldn't it just be mashing the buttons? Why do I have to ruin my sticks to get out of a grab. I'm sorry, but they are idiots for doing this. In fact, almost all developers incoporate franticly wiggling the control stick to do something in games. Do they just not understand that stuff like that is uneccessary and just means I have to buy more controllers?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Still, I hate that instead of trying to develop better AI, they took the Soul Caliber route and just increased thier reflexes until instant. Computers shouldn't be able to dodge a shine. And just now, I was fighting fox as wolf, and I used my fsmash. He shielded it (perfectly of course), I went through him due to wolf's range, and he actually turned around and grabbed me before I could finish the animation. He sheilded, turned around, and grabbed before my attack even finished.

Also the fact that cpus can break out of grabs so fast. Why do the make them able to do stuff that humans can't do? I also hate how you have to break out of grabs. Couldn't it just be mashing the buttons? Why do I have to ruin my sticks to get out of a grab. I'm sorry, but they are idiots for doing this. In fact, almost all developers incoporate franticly wiggling the control stick to do something in games. Do they just not understand that stuff like that is uneccessary and just means I have to buy more controllers?
ok....well for one thing when being grabbed pressing the buttons along with moving the Control stick does help u get out of grabs faster....and yes wiggiling the stick is necessary to get out of a grab considering it's the same thing that makes yur characters move.

when u said that CPUs shouldnt be able to dodge a shine (YTH do ppl call it a shine anyway???? O__o just asking ) what makes u say that they cant? being a CPU, it goes through numerous, and by numerous I mean @$$loads, of strategies and planning to counter yur attacks, which is what a CPU is set to do depending on the level. and increasing a CPU's reflexes does in fact make them better (to have a challenge against)

It is very difficult yes...and I do respect yur point of view as well as maybe nerfing the lvl 9 CPU a little bit down...but here's the thing...if it was like the lvl 9 cpus from Melee....would u still find Brawl enjoyable?? dont u think it's better that u when u fight, u have a very big challenge where if u win, the rewards are endless considering u just whooped the @$$es of a level nine King Dedede, Jigglypuff, and Bowser? or whoever can be a nightmare to fight against in Brawl? if u can do that dude and keep on trying learn more strategies u...u probably can counter their strategies and will be almost unstoppalbe....I really hope what i said gave a little bit of insight about the CPU development (^^)v im was just tring to help...if it didnt..well i tried XD

Corigames

Smash Hero
Except when you practice with level 9's, you learn bad habits. The rewards are not endless, they are, in fact, almost non-existent.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Hey all

As much as I value sir bert leaman's opinion on the human targeting CPU, I gotta agree with MetaKnight'sSword....

Yes, it sucks that most CPU attacks are concentrated on you, but I think it's best to think of it as a training regime for 3/4 player brawls. Yeah, you'll probably get your arse kicked many times or your probably never be as superior as a lvl 9 CPU, but it could help you gain a better knowledge on countering multiple human opponents.

Anyone still annoyed by human attacking CPUs should consider decreasing the # of opponents they fight, changing lvls, and working your way up until you can deal with it.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
did i ever said that i was better than ppl cause I have a high post count??? no...buddy u need to get your head out of yur @$$ and stop being a prick. im just replying about ppl's complaints...that's not a bad thing....the only one that seemed negative was when i replied to the guy who said that Brawl should be more like Halo 3....which i think is pure crap to think such a thing of already awesome game....so bite me (^^)v
I said inb4 any comment... was that really too hard? Anyway, it's plain annoying that you think you HAVE to reply to anything people say. Certainly if your just gonna spam question marks etc..

Yes, it sucks that most CPU attacks are concentrated on you, but I think it's best to think of it as a training regime for 3/4 player brawls. Yeah, you'll probably get your arse kicked many times or your probably never be as superior as a lvl 9 CPU, but it could help you gain a better knowledge on countering multiple human opponents.

Level 9 cpu's are neither hard, or good at smash, in fact, they are bad, really bad. Defeating 3 level 9 cpu opponents won't make you better at smash, it will make you a worse player because:

Except when you practice with level 9's, you learn bad habits. The rewards are not endless, they are, in fact, almost non-existent.
So your advice;
Anyone still annoyed by human attacking CPUs should consider decreasing the # of opponents they fight, changing lvls, and working your way up until you can deal with it.
only makes you a worse player. Anyone having trouble with cpu, should learn how to roll or dodge and then practice their attacks on a level 1 cpu or in training mode. Then he/she should play against other humans, at home or on a tournament. That will improve your play. Fighting a level 9 will just make you a n00b waiting for their opponent to walk into their charged smash move.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
I have to complain about how people love to complain about certain spammers. There are always going to be spammers. It's a way of playing. I only see people complain about characters they have trouble with. You never see anyone complain about Marth players spamming the forward air, or Toon Links back air.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mario coming back from the edge of the death screen back to final des. completely missing the ledge but since it auto hooks, he gets back!!!

dam this game... lol no way can 8 minutes of 2 stocks can ever be watched

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or are the Ice Climbers glitchier than before in a bad way? Two times in one match where I was recovering I'd do my UpB when Nana was right next to me and Popo wouldn't throw Nana to the edge.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Level 9 cpu's are neither hard, or good at smash, in fact, they are bad, really bad. Defeating 3 level 9 cpu opponents won't make you better at smash, it will make you a worse player because:

Originally Posted by coreygames

So your advice;

only makes you a worse player. Anyone having trouble with cpu, should learn how to roll or dodge and then practice their attacks on a level 1 cpu or in training mode. Then he/she should play against other humans, at home or on a tournament. That will improve your play. Fighting a level 9 will just make you a n00b waiting for their opponent to walk into their charged smash move.
Incase anyone got the wrong idea, I'm not applying to train with level 9 Cpu's from the get go . Only after "perfecting" your training with lvls 1-8 CPUs after a certain # of months. It's how I became a Melee master, but ofcourse, everyone has different ways of training. I gotta admit the new increased difficulty seems "impossible" ^_^;... but like I said, try training your way up first....There's a reason why they have level 9 CPUs....

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Official complaint thread, here's my complaint.
Why the hell can't we save our replays over 3 minutes long? Shouldn't we be the arbiter of how much space on OUR Wii's that we want to waste with replays?

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I have a complaint about Brawl. Why the hell is it taking so long for it to be released in Australia and Europe, let alone getting a release date? Absolutely unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom