• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnacules

Smash Cadet
I hate how Sakurai completely screwed Brawl over by making it a stupid boring campfest. I HATE CAMPFEST BULL****! Basically the only way to have fun is to not try to win. That's right, in a game where a winner is declared at the end, in order for you to have fun, you have to completely not care about that at all. If you try to win too hard, then the game gets really boring, really, really fast.

Oh yeah, and Wolf is broken.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
new air-dodge = air-dodge spam ftw = no combos or DI chasing = Staying on the ground to fight instead = Opposite of what Sakurai wanted = Sakurai is an idiot

I don't think everybody realizes how much of the game was taken away when they changed the air-dodge, and I'm not talking about Wavedashing. You can't follow up after any of your attacks because a smart opponent tap L or R every ****ing time. Air Dodge is now the most spammable thing in the game along with the other dodges. Where's your stale move negation for that Sakurai? Huh? HUUUUHHHH?!?!?!!

Seriously, how is a stream of invincibility frames NOT going to be abused or spammed? -_- Noob players don't block anways so all Sakurai did is just gay it up for the better players vs other better players.

Also for everyone that says this is game is ment for fun, not competition. I have not found this game as fun as melee, and even though my friends have yet to admit it, I don't think they're having as much fun either. They quit playing earlier in Brawl, they take more breaks, and I here more sighs than anything.

You're often garunteed back on stage if you don't get KO'd off screen which takes away any pressure, tension, or excitement. Overall slowness in anything makes comebacks less viable, so after you see like a decent 2 to 1 stock lead, it's pretty much over. Victories in general are more predictable in Brawl then they are in Melee. In Melee, the winner could keep switching back and forth between two great players, while in Brawl, the better player generally keeps this annoyingly tiny lead that seems unimportant, but always there.

So in my opinion, Melee already had everything Sakurai wanted except for that huge skill gap between noobs and pros, and he sacrificed EVERYTHING to fix it. Thank you Sakurai. I hate you. >:(

Jb14

Smash Rookie
SSBM is better than SSBB.

No more WAVE DASHING
No more AIR DODGE MANEUVERING
No more L-CANCELING
Every character IS SLOWER
Every character IS FLOATY FLOATY
Every character LESS CHALLENGING FOR THE FINGERS

Now yes, the levels are beautiful, the movement is more realistic, the soundtrack is effing AWESOME, and the new characters are charming, but the hardcore intense battles, the real heart racers, the sweat creating battles that were produced from the speed and talented finger work that came with SSBM is simply lacking in SSBB. It's competitiveness is much weaker. It's a ton of fun to play. TON OF FUN! But unfortunately, fun is all it really is, nothing more. :ohwell:
So True.. :(

cranmerjon

Smash Rookie
The online play seems pretty meh.

Me and my friend tried to play a TEAM BATTLE online the other night, and we couldn't figure out how to both play at the same time. Is it possible to have 2 people play a team battle on one Wii system, or do I need to get my own Wii and do all that 'friend link up' stuff to team with my friend? I'm not 100% sure how it works just yet.

My apologies for posting a online question in this complaint thread, but the confusing online setup ticked me off a tad, so now I'm complaining about it...:ohwell:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
1)I hate that Mewtwo was taken out
2) I hate that Dk stages suck again
3)I hate that they removed ness`victory theme
4)Like a lot of ppl, i hate the lack of l-canceling

5) I hate that in the Brawl records it only records your stats and nothing that computers do,(for me this means that ppl like sonic and ice climbers will have 0 KO`s 4eva bcuz i never use them)

6) This one is just a qwirk of mine, i absoulutly hate that wario moves are in frame by frame movements meaning there is no in between animations when he does a move. Its a start up animation, then his hand or watever it is is just instantly there. this to me just shows laziness and a poor job on his character. Just wondering if anyone else is a little peeved by this.:confused:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
why is little mac not playable while someone like pit is
Also no DK barrels in the levels
stage maker should let you do more EX. i made the zelda stage from ssb64 now i want a twister in it

Repryx

Smash Champion
On thing Im mad at is the impossibility to punish a roll unless you sidestep after an opponents roll. Normally after a roll or sidestep (in Melee) there was a little lag. Now in Brawl you can sidestep dsmash which makes it hard to hit someone even AFTER you read their game.

Also Im angry at the amount of spamable powerful attacks (Pikas thunder, ROBs Dsmash, MKs everything, Olimars everything)

On top of that certain characters Automatically cancel Lag on several of their moves...often its the speedy ones with moderate K.O power (MK, Marth, Peach)

Alot of said characters tend to have ridiculous amounts of prority, as well as the spamable attacks....mucho priority.

The game supports more camping which is ok if it werent for the ridiculous amount of invincibility frames one can get from sidestepping and dodging.

Most of the characters that can cancel and have overpowered spamable moves also tend to combo well.

Anyway these are my complaints

-Ciao

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i complain how wifi sucks. i could make a whole thread and 12 paragraphs about how wifi isnt a good idea and id gladly pay 50 bucks for xbox live like service for the year. brawl is a game that crraves voice chat. i dont like how the character doest feel in my control completely.

lol i swear sometimes my character auto does something.

i also hate pple like ak43 MK

Smash Ace
the april fool's filter? is that the thing that's switching the character names?
Mario
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Bowser
Peach
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Yoshi
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Charizard
Squirtle
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Mewtwo
Lucario
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Wario
Pit
Snake
Sonic
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Marth
Roy
Ike

=2007=

Acid_Wolf

Smash Cadet
The repetitiveness of emissarry is really all that bothered me about Brawl. It's still probably my favorite fighting game of all time.

DQP

Smash Ace
it saddens me that people are complaining about the game that we've been waiting for for so long. i know, krystal and ridley didn't make it, but still.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
Omg Brawl Is Teh Suck! Hate Haet Hat! Brawl Is The Worst! Omg No Wavedashing I Want To Kill Myself!

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
I hate how easy it is to pick up items in 1-player mode. Too many times I have SD'ed because all of a sudden I had a firecracker gun and couldn't double jump.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Only things I really want to complaint about the lack of hitstun and shield lag in general.

ssmb fan

Smash Rookie
My only complaints are that one, there are clones, and two, F.L.U.D.D. doesnt damage opponents, it only pushes them backwards.

S

sn1per13

I don't like the masterpieces. 30 seconds of playing the original Mario bros. is fun....... until its over.

NukeA6

Smash Master
My only complaints are that one, there are clones, and two, F.L.U.D.D. doesnt damage opponents, it only pushes them backwards.
Mario having the FLUDD is one of the reasons why I dislike Mario Sunshine. Mario ditches a decent move for something of little use.

arnquist

Smash Rookie
one word: tripping. WHY? WHY? WHY? You can turn off items, but you can't turn off the random invisible banana peels that just might cost you the match -_-

graves

Smash Journeyman
6) This one is just a qwirk of mine, i absoulutly hate that wario moves are in frame by frame movements meaning there is no in between animations when he does a move. Its a start up animation, then his hand or watever it is is just instantly there. this to me just shows laziness and a poor job on his character. Just wondering if anyone else is a little peeved by this.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Its meant to be like that it's FUNNY... jeez

NukeA6

Smash Master
6) This one is just a qwirk of mine, i absoulutly hate that wario moves are in frame by frame movements meaning there is no in between animations when he does a move. Its a start up animation, then his hand or watever it is is just instantly there. this to me just shows laziness and a poor job on his character. Just wondering if anyone else is a little peeved by this.:confused:
I want to smack whoever said this.

Synerate

Smash Cadet
Love lucario but wished that mewtwo would have made it back. And that Geno is not in the game, what the hell!
how do we end up with 3 nearly identical fax, falco, wolf with the same **** brawl move. even falco's clone, ganadorf has a seperate brawl move.

thats all i have to complain about.

AndWii

Smash Rookie
Well.....

KING DEDEDE - his side smash, why is there that horrible lag/delay from swing of mallet to hitting ur opponent?

ZELDA - her air smash, why is it over the top powerfull? ive experinced going from 0% to 40% from one kick! no other characters moves come close to that kind of power! and the knock back force is rediculous. also it was never corrected from MELEE.

PEACH - her float technique, is there any way around it? i mean not the move the actual attacks you can do from it. in my experince trying to dodge, sheild or attack seems to allow peach to over ride my attacks and i end up getting hit or knocked off!

change these NOW!!! (LOL)

S

sn1per13

I know lots of people have said this, but people complaining about people complaining. I'm a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom