• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
I have a complaint, I hate how people are whining about "Brawl sucks SSB64 is the best!" or "Melee 2 would have been better then brawl!"

DEAL WITH IT! It's a new game not a sequal to Melee or 64! I LOVE this game better then those two put together and timesed by 7! Go play your old 64 or Gamecube and get off our Wii if you don't like it!
You're right, how dare they have an opinion that differs from yours.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I have some rather childish complaints. No one else will probably care about them, but they just bother me for some reason...

One is the blatant lack of Yoshi's Story representation. Yes, Yoshi's Island and its sequel are the far superior games, but something bothers me about the first 2 games having a lot of Yoshi's Story stuff then suddenly nothing but one music track. While it was very lackluster, Yoshi's Story was very important as the first true venture away from the Mario series. It gave Yoshi his now-familiar look (which the Brawl Yoshi is heavily designed after), and his voice. It just feels wrong not to have a stage on it.

Then they picked Yoshi's Island and tried to pass it off as a Yoshi Series stage which fools no one. Of course they chose it because it was from a much more important game and is more interesting than the Yoshi's Story stage from Melee. But they didnt even keep the music track from that stage in Brawl for one of the Yoshi stages! The standard Yoshi's Story theme was just dropped completely when there were two versions in Melee!

My next complaint is the exclusion of the Red Shell, which just bothers me because it was in both past installments. If they brought in substansive Mariokart elements like the Lightning and even the Banana Peel, why take out such an iconic item of the Mariokart series?

Suicune, Moltres, Entei, and... no electric bird/beast? There arent even any electric Pokemon in the Pokeballs this time, and Zapdos and Raikou had unique, cool and flashy effects. Why not include one of them? Especially when Ho-oh does essentially the same thing as Entei, and we have Torchic as yet another Fire type in a Pokeball...

Most of my other complaints have already been covered, but these are some of my most specific and childish ones that are just because they make Brawl feel incomplete in some small way to me. I wonder if anyone else feels the same about one of these...

uberdan101

Smash Rookie
I have a complaint, I hate how people are whining about "Brawl sucks SSB64 is the best!" or "Melee 2 would have been better then brawl!"

DEAL WITH IT! It's a new game not a sequal to Melee or 64! I LOVE this game better then those two put together and timesed by 7! Go play your old 64 or Gamecube and get off our Wii if you don't like it!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skybent

Smash Cadet

hahahahah this is a complaint thread and youre an idiot.

some people waited years for this game just to be let down.

we NEED to complain!

ITS THE ONLY SOURCE OF SATISFACTION SOME PEOPLE CAN RECEIVE OUT OF BRAWL! AND THEY DESERVE SOMETHING!

but srly. there is SO much wrong with brawl i cant even begin to make a list. its just... boring and a 3 year old could play it and look like a pro. the magic is gone.
i dont think certain cahrecteres are nerfed. i think brawl is nerfed.
it sux i sound so negetive :/

NukeA6

Smash Master
More complaints from me:

-They destroyed Bramble's Blast. I can barely recognize it now.
-The new DK stages suck.
-A theme for Ganondorf. Where is it?
-Fire Emblem could use some more trophies. And Metal Gear Solid (Where's Raiden?)
-The way the game teases you with Lyn (especially Marth's end screen in All-star mode).
-You get punished pretty badly when losing in Subspace Emissary.
-They removed the Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme and the Forest Maze theme (Super Mario RPG).
-Crazy Hand is absent in SSE.
-Master Hand doesn't have much of a role in SSE. He's seen in two scenes and he dies.
-Too many songs from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. What about the Rival Theme from Gold/Silver?

Corigames

Smash Hero

I want to complain about people like you.

Please stop posting.

I'm done complaining now.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i have quite a bit to complain about
overall i think brawl just hates me
1.they took out my main from melee (doc)
2.i trip all the time and none of my friends do
3.my long awaited fav (snake) is soo hard to get used to
4.the other character i liked b4 i played them are good so people think i did it on purpose (mk,d3,marth)
5.the 2 guys i wanted to main in are hard to get good with so ill have to play alot and dont own a wii (ike and snake)
6.i cant tail spike with pikachu anymore
7.they made my secondary weirder(marth)
8.did i mention they took out my main!
other than that i still have a ton of fun (no joke)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
oh man i forgot about the levels,i think the melee levels they took were the wrong ones. i looked forward to brawl for brawl levels, not onett, or temple, or any metroid level for that matter i hate them all (execpt the one that flips) and i love almost all the brawl levels except that one i cant pronounce with the fish and the leaves and the water you cant swim in, i dont like the new f-zero level the cars ko too easily,ummmm i think im done now. thanks i feel better now

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I have some rather childish complaints. No one else will probably care about them, but they just bother me for some reason...

One is the blatant lack of Yoshi's Story representation. Yes, Yoshi's Island and its sequel are the far superior games, but something bothers me about the first 2 games having a lot of Yoshi's Story stuff then suddenly nothing but one music track. While it was very lackluster, Yoshi's Story was very important as the first true venture away from the Mario series. It gave Yoshi his now-familiar look (which the Brawl Yoshi is heavily designed after), and his voice. It just feels wrong not to have a stage on it.

Then they picked Yoshi's Island and tried to pass it off as a Yoshi Series stage which fools no one. Of course they chose it because it was from a much more important game and is more interesting than the Yoshi's Story stage from Melee. But they didnt even keep the music track from that stage in Brawl for one of the Yoshi stages! The standard Yoshi's Story theme was just dropped completely when there were two versions in Melee!
I agree, Yoshi's island was the first game i really loved. And they should'a taken alot more from the yoshi series. maybe a different stage then the current one. something i dont know. not so boring?

some stuff from me:
- All Wario music on the game (that ive heard) is from warioware, i mean wario world had some of the most epic soundtracks. where is greenhorn forest song??
- Wolf and Falco's final smashes. Falco is one of the best arwing flyers in the galaxy, and he comes with a dumb landmaster? seriously. thats wrong. And starwolf (as long as we know) doesnt even have a landmaster.
- Pit's side special, This move is UBER annoying. the sounds when he does it shatters glass... and if its hit perfectly you can quickly gain 80% damage.

I also agree with the one sain "too much pokemon D/P music." FR, LG, Gold and silver had much better sounds.

Sheers Man

Smash Rookie
Besides the obvious tripping, my only real complaint is the lack of stuff in the Stage Builder, don't get me wrong, I love it, but a couple more backgrounds or something wouldn't have hurt.

reincarN8ed

Smash Rookie
So far my only complaint is that a loser like Lucario replaced a legend like Mewtwo.
lol! mewtwo? that guy was a joke in SSBM! no good specials, weak, shortranged attacks, he was lame. im glad Lucario was added and mewtwo removed. Lucario's like a psychic pokemon fox-ninja with a pretty good Final Smash, not to mention cool specials like Double-Team and i like his 3-hit combo as opposed to mewtwo's constant purple psychic smoke thing.

reincarN8ed

Smash Rookie
i have a few complaints of my own.

First off: i think the stage builder seems kinda last-minute. there's too few pieces, even w/ all the unlockables, and only 3 arbitrary backgrounds. i do like the fact that u can use all the songs you've unlocked though.

2nd: the online. ive heard several claims that it runs super smooth, but acording to my first-hand experience, these seem to be false. ive had some smooth games, ill admit, but sometimes the lag is so bad the game runs at about 3 frames per minute! and in lesser cases there is a split-second delay between when i press a button and when my character (Kirby, greatest fighter of all time) attacks. it is more frustrating then the enormous lag problem. and the whole anonymity of the public multiplayer seems like a pathetic way to eliminate online flamming, but it also eliminates the whole concept of online play! the ppl have no name displayed, no communication, its practically like playing w/ a bunch of lvl 9 comps (or lvl 3, depneding on the other players' skills).

finally: tripping or slipping. i think it is completely useless and stupid. what is it? why? it is a sad gameplay feature with no place in this or any other game besides maybe "Slippy: Adventures on Oil Slick Island."

i guess in a desperate attempt to make this game more than SSBM w/ more characters an better graphics, they added this and other ridiculous elements like stickers and the stage builder. but thats fine! im ok w/ them making it the same game w/ more characters, items, and better graphics; thats what a sequel is!!! Call of Duty 4 is the same as CoD 1 but w/ better graphics, new "stages," new characters, and new weapons. and thats what ppl want: more of the same tried and true gameplay, spiced up w/ better graphics, and characters and so on and so forth.

anyway, these are just a blip on the radar compared to all the great things about SSBB. i love it and i hope they keep making new ones, maybe w/ even more 3rd-party characters like Master Chief or Obi-Wan Kenobi.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I want to complain about people like you.

Please stop posting.

I'm done complaining now.
No U!
If you people don't have nice things to say about this awesome game then make your own complaining forums and get off ours, or just go to the 64 and melee forums just stay away from people who like this game. And to those people who say that i'm right and everybody else is wrong (obviously sarcastic) They can have an opinion they just should keep it to themselves or go join up with other people who have that same opinion not sharing it with the internets. Especially if the opinion sucks, like yours.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
i have a few complaints of my own.

First off: i think the stage builder seems kinda last-minute. there's too few pieces, even w/ all the unlockables, and only 3 arbitrary backgrounds. i do like the fact that u can use all the songs you've unlocked though.

2nd: the online. ive heard several claims that it runs super smooth, but acording to my first-hand experience, these seem to be false. ive had some smooth games, ill admit, but sometimes the lag is so bad the game runs at about 3 frames per minute! and in lesser cases there is a split-second delay between when i press a button and when my character (Kirby, greatest fighter of all time) attacks. it is more frustrating then the enormous lag problem. and the whole anonymity of the public multiplayer seems like a pathetic way to eliminate online flamming, but it also eliminates the whole concept of online play! the ppl have no name displayed, no communication, its practically like playing w/ a bunch of lvl 9 comps (or lvl 3, depneding on the other players' skills).

finally: tripping or slipping. i think it is completely useless and stupid. what is it? why? it is a sad gameplay feature with no place in this or any other game besides maybe "Slippy: Adventures on Oil Slick Island."

i guess in a desperate attempt to make this game more than SSBM w/ more characters an better graphics, they added this and other ridiculous elements like stickers and the stage builder. but thats fine! im ok w/ them making it the same game w/ more characters, items, and better graphics; thats what a sequel is!!! Call of Duty 4 is the same as CoD 1 but w/ better graphics, new "stages," new characters, and new weapons. and thats what ppl want: more of the same tried and true gameplay, spiced up w/ better graphics, and characters and so on and so forth.

anyway, these are just a blip on the radar compared to all the great things about SSBB. i love it and i hope they keep making new ones, maybe w/ even more 3rd-party characters like Master Chief or Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Agreed with the slipping, I mean wtf?! and Yes I hope that more come. I also think that Stage Builder should be atleast two more backgrounds deep (that's not much to ask... is it?) and I've layed very few online matches, i'd rather play with friends, so I really don't know to agree or not.

I lol'd at Obi Wan Kenobi

Darkblob32

Smash Rookie
My complaints:

1. Tripping is stupid. I think they implemented it so that good players who have really good reaction times wouldnt use it to take advantage of slower players. It is dumb.

2. Stage builder is almost useless. There is a whole column for regular pieces, and only a fourth of it is actually used.

3. Online sucks. Laggy, and half the time I cant even find a matchup.

4. This game is MUCH slower than melee. Delay on attacks is especially frustrating.

5. It's like they had to tone it down because of little kids who want to compete in tournaments.

Dont get me wrong, I like this game. But a lot of the new stuff just wasnt implemented well (stage builder and online) and the rest just kinda suck (TRIPPING! ARGH!)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm kinda pissed that most of the pokemon music sucks. Pokemon has some of the best soundtracks yet the put in like 8 pokemon songs, a few of which don't sound good at all.

The thing that pisses me off far more than anything else they've done [even more than tripping] is how badly they nerfed items and pokemon.

Have you guys ever put only pokemon on very high in melee? It's the craziest thing ever, seeing things like 2 charizards, a group of Unknowns, a Porygon, and Zapdos on a stage all at once was epic. Now you get 3 pokeballs max. THREE and most of them SUCK. Munchlax SUCKS, Torchic is all right but it's not fun getting stuck in the fire move, Snorlax SUCKS [he's too weak].

They didn't even replace some of the pokemon.
Where's the Blastiose replacement?
Where's the Porygon replacement?
Where's the Riachou replacement?
Where's the Zapdos replacement?
Where's the Unknown replacement?
Where's the Scissor replacement?

Those pokemon made pokemon fights awesome and now all I get is frigging munchlax eating up my frigging pokeballs and electrode failing to explode.

ormmarine

Smash Rookie
complaint

I dunno if this has been added yet or not, but my biggest complaint is the way the Final Smash is acquired; So many times have I worn down the FS only to have it stolen by a cpu/player getting the last hit in to break it.

But I will deal ;)

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda pissed that most of the pokemon music sucks. Pokemon has some of the best soundtracks yet the put in like 8 pokemon songs, a few of which don't sound good at all.

The thing that pisses me off far more than anything else they've done [even more than tripping] is how badly they nerfed items and pokemon.

Have you guys ever put only pokemon on very high in melee? It's the craziest thing ever, seeing things like 2 charizards, a group of Unknowns, a Porygon, and Zapdos on a stage all at once was epic. Now you get 3 pokeballs max. THREE and most of them SUCK. Munchlax SUCKS, Torchic is all right but it's not fun getting stuck in the fire move, Snorlax SUCKS [he's too weak].

Those pokemon made pokemon fights awesome and now all I get is frigging munchlax eating up my frigging pokeballs and electrode failing to explode.

This also makes me mad, I wish they still had these pokemon or atleast replace them (Porygon Z anyone?)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I love absolutely everything (includeing tripping) except for 2 factors, both being character related.
1.no megaman X third party character. megaman, a very nintendo franchise/character wasnt added. the X version of him would have fit perfectly into the game, megaman was also the second most requested third party character, so why wasnt he put in?
2.mewtwo wasnt added, he was one of my favorites from melee, all he needed was a buff, instead, they replace him with lucario! why did you replace mewtwo!? IMHO it should have been jiggs instead, the only place jiggs has left is in brawl, and she was put in only because she was popular from the anime. Lucario, being popular from a movie, should have filled her role.

edit: acidentily put megaman down without the third party label in middle sentence....fixed that.

NukeA6

Smash Master

Road to Viridian City FTL

What were they thinking when they decided to throw that in. Where's the Dark Cave/Ice Cave theme? G/S Rival Theme? The music you hear in Ho-Oh's tower?

Is it just me or is the Gold/Silver generation the best?

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
The only real complaint I have is the latency issues with online play, although even the latency is understandable since this is the first time Nintendo has released an online game that has as large of a player base as SSB. As long as they add more servers to clear up some of the latency in the near future, I'll be fine with it.

Other than that, the game is awesome.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im fine with the tripping, it makes for great screen shots.
My only dislike, is the poorly made online. I understand nintendo wanting the online to be safe for younger players, but to completely bog down online playability, is disappointing. Ive played one online match with someone I didnt know, the rest, very laggy friend roster games. Lag is a Characters (like lucario) worst enemy. It might not kill you, but your timing will be off. Hopefully there will be a patch (if possible) to fix the online fps ratio. One can hope, but I doubt it will happen.

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
My only complaint is the lack of stages that don't kill the hell out of you. I can't tell you how many times Spear Pillar has caused me to suicide. Or how many times a random koopa slams into me on the Mario Bros. level.

I'm not all about Final Destination or anything. But there are just so many bad stages this time around.

EDIT: Elektroplankton FTL.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
The only real complaint I have is the latency issues with online play, although even the latency is understandable since this is the first time Nintendo has released an online game that has as large of a player base as SSB. As long as they add more servers to clear up some of the latency in the near future, I'll be fine with it.

Other than that, the game is awesome.
Strange, the online works perfectly dandy for me.

You make it seem like its purely Nintendo's doing.

Anyways, I have no complaints since the game has satisfied me and was worth the wait for five years.

But why isn't there a single piece of Paper Mario music?

I'd figure they'd at least add one piece or at least a stage instead of just Stickers and trophies.

Corigames

Smash Hero

Jeshii

Smash Rookie
Brawl is amazing. My brain tells me something is off, but it is just an illusion. My sweaty palms tell me it's better than ever. XD

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
One more thing from me (I've posted a lot on this board) (tell me if i've already brought this up)

Lack of alt costumes, I wanted to see Phazon suit Samus, fusion suit samus, Mr. L, Zora armor link, outset toon link, The galaxy princess (forget her name but she's in super mario galaxy, for peach), Boshi, and a female pokemon trainer.

Ben Powell

Smash Rookie
2 complaints
1. If one of Peach's costumes made her look like Daisy, then they could have had a costume for Sonic making him look like Shadow. It's not really a complait but a suggestion.
2. My online dosn't work

Marty

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much these two things:

1) The entire Online solution.
2) Tripping.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Can't attack with z in midair,
easier to get stuck and suicide under final destination,
should be able to customize online play with anyone,
tripping,
they need banjo kazooie

OmnipotentO

Smash Rookie
o yea i forgot about that one!
if you're trying to recover and you up b towards the bottom of a stage, it won't slide you up to the ledge

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I think I will leave this board, possibly forever. Sorry, but a lot of people here are just a bit too much on the negative side, not many people but you know they bark the loudest.

Sorry everybody. But I think it's time to say good-bye (o_O;;). I hope you'll still have fun on these forums, but I don't, since Brawl is out. I will just wait for Brawl to come out in Europe and then I will battle some of you guys. Fun days =)

So farewell, SWF! I will check once in a while, but you won't hear from me so soon again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom