• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~!~ Official sign-ups for Brawl for All - March 19th, 2008 - Register Now! ~!~

Dacvak

Smash Ace
This thread will discuss the official rules and regulations for Brawl for All on Wednesday, March 19th at 5:00pm EST.

Brawl for All​

This is the first official Brawl for All online tournament! Below, we will list the tournament rules. This thread will also be for signups and questions.

~!~ Official Tournament Rules ~!~​

3-Stock, 8 Minute matches. No items. Ban list pictured below. 1 stage ban per player per match.

Double elimination. Best 2 out of 3, and 3 out of 5 for the grand finals.

The 5 neutrals cannot be banned. Dave's Stupid Rule applies. (Can't play the same stage twice in one match)

You must have AIM and an AIM screen name in order to participate in Brawl for All.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Procedure:
Each player will be required to log onto AIM at least 30 minutes before the tournament begins (so, 4:30pm EST). Each participant will be invited to a B4A Chat Room. The tournament bracket will be revealed in the B4A chat and a brief Q&A session will happen before the tournament begins.

This tournament will consist of 6 rounds. Each round will be 30 minutes long with a 5 minute break in between rounds. The 6th round will be the grand finals, which is best 3-out-5, and does not have a 30 minute time limit.

During the 5 minute break, players will be required to contact their opponent for the next round, discuss bans, and exchange friend codes through a private AIM chat.

Once the round begins, players will have 30 minutes to play up to three matches. This will be plenty of time since each game will be limited at 8 minutes. If a match is stalled over 30 minutes, one or both of the players may be disqualified.

After each round, the winner will message the Tournament Manager with the details of the match. The Tournament Manager will then inform the players of their next matches through the B4A chat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Additional Rules:

If a participant has items enabled, or breaks any of the other rules, the game will be immediately ended, and the player who has broken the rules forfeits that game. If it happens again, they forfeit the match.

This thread will be updated with more information later tonight or tomorrow. The important thing is that you sign up now. A few slots have already been filled. We are accepting 32 participants and 10 alternates.

If you wish to participate, you must have read all of the rules and post in this thread. Post the AIM screen name you will be using for the tournament as well as your Brawl Friend Code.

The Tournament Manager for Brawl for All of March 19th will be Dac. The Bracket manager will be +9-Volt-. The Official Tournament Manager AIM screen name is "BrawlForAll" on AIM. Contact that if you have more questions.

ric3189

Smash Rookie
I'll would like to participate in this tournament, i've read all the rules
aim: Ricardo66ll
FC: 3394-3221-8812

D1

Banned via Administration
Hey count me in! ^_^!!!

D1MX - 2019-9413-0127

Thank God I have no classes tomorrow.

hoopsta1423

Smash Rookie
edit:

edit 2:

found out i dont have lab tomorrow so im game

aim - hoopsta1423
Brawl name - SKIP
Brawl code - 0645-5489-3829

floe

Smash Rookie
will there be a small prize like a small vc game XD? since its the first one after all :O

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
will there be a small prize like a small vc game XD? since its the first one after all :O
We put your name in red if you win :laugh:

There is the possiblity of prizes in the future, but those might have an admission fee, or like...toys from Cracker Jack.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'd like to sign up.

AIM - Ac3 ooff Sp4des (Yes, the double o & f is intentional, ooff)

Brawl FC - 1375-6867-5466

Brawl Name (Just in case) - Ac3

Just to make positive, EST = Eastern Standard Time, correct?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
-walkin in from the shadows the one known as the Bat erupts into the crowd showing his particapation within this tournament-
"Heres my stuff..."
Aim: Plumkinskill
Brawl FC: 1160-9387-0199

hoopsta1423

Smash Rookie
just found out i dont have lab tomorrow

so i am able to participate

aim- hoopsta1423
Brawl Name - SKIP
Brawl Code - 0645-5489-3829

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Up to this point, I have everyone in my Tio database. I think what's going to happen is when the room is open, I'll add you guys to the bracket, using this thread to set priority for alternates.

Cosmic M

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1461-6294-8810
All rules read, I'm in!

AIM: c0smicm (my username with a zero)
Brawl Name: Cosmc
<-------- Brawl #

EDIT: I may have a small problem with showing up at 4:30 because I have baseball practice, but I wont be home until 4:45-5 at the latest and ill sign on immediatly.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys like it if the winner got to name the next Brawl For All? Like, it would be Brawl For All 2: ________! What do you guys think?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'd like to join as well, as long as there's still room

my brawl code is to the left

AIM - gerbiluvdoom

Top Bottom