• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Thread(NEW currently being worked on)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'm still need to look through the old thread and update the stages. I've been a bit busy lately, needing to get a new job and such, so i'll try to keep this updated when i can.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Also I'm terribly sorry for not having this thread updated still. I've been suffering from depression and lost my job, so ive been trying to get over it + get my new life sorted. So tonight I should have time to get this thread up and running.
Very sorry to hear this, don't get down over it I'm sure things will get better

---

so delfino is being discussed right? i haaaate it lol

the problem being is the amount of walk offs + the beach transformation. This is my auto ban vs MKs.
ROB can not approach at all on the beach hill transform from the sides, and he has trouble protecting the top middle. the main stage flying around really isn't bad at all however tho

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I've never played this MU on this stage, but I'll give some general ideas about it.

The stage is pretty big, so I wouldn't particularly take ROB there since we kind of need to approach. The smaller the area, the easier it is to create strings and there's less room for you to run. However, the fact that we can rise through the stage from the ledge is a bonus, because it provides some good ledge options and potential pressure. It lets us use the ledge more effectively if you try to trap us there.

Other than that, some of the stage terrain is pretty meh for fighting ROB although some of it is good. Relative to the already bad MU, I'd say it's around 6. But I'm bad with numbers like that, don't quote me on it.
ty so much :D!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I'm still need to look through the old thread and update the stages. I've been a bit busy lately, needing to get a new job and such, so i'll try to keep this updated when i can.
Take your time, don't hurry.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Stopping by to quote another Yoshi's take on Delfino for this MU.

1. He fairs decently on Delfino imo. Some of the stage designs tend to alter his gameplay a tad though. I'd honestly think he'd do worse on Delfino since there's much more space for ROB to camp Yoshi. We'd probably prefer to have a smaller stage so that when we get inside, we intend to keep the pressure going.

2. Yoshi can use the Water to his advantage - locking characters in the water using egg throw. This would let us tack on huge damage without having to be at risk at all. However, that's probably the only good thing I see coming from this stage in this particular matchup.

To finish it, I'd probably say that it'll be a 5 or worse.

(Don't take all of it too serious. I only played Ninjalink's ROB back in March.)
And there ya have it.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks Delta xD

And remember everyone, our main Delfino discussion is here. Thread needs moar activity =P

Heartstring

Smash Legend
delphino is by far my worst personal stage...well along with brinstar anyway, i like my large boundaries

sneakytako

Smash Lord
How do people feel this stage against kirby? I feel like we might have the advantage but this guy says different.

Here's the post:
I'd say roughly a 7 or 8. Delfino is one of Kirby's good stages. I'll elaborate more later, when I'm not running on like a half hour of sleep.

EDIT:

So yeah, Kirby can shark the main platform, as well as the apply pressure to people on the platforms scattered throughout the stage thanks to Uair and Usmash.
On the main part, Uthrow kills earlier thanks to the platforms close to the top. As the stage is changing, when the main part disappears, moves for everyone get canceled, and while it's an equal advantage to most/all chars, it allows Kirby to cancel smashes.
The water cancels stone, although I wouldn't attempt it/get in the water against ROB.
We can lock against all the walls. If we get ROBs power we can go under and shoot through the main stage.
All in all it's a good Kirby stage.

ROB would probably be better off taking us to Norfair (I believe you do well there, and we're not great on that stage.) or Halberd (Not a bad stage per se, but low ceilings are never a good thing for us.).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He is very good. And please use Delfino rather than DP since DP is used as Distant Planet.

Hater

Smash Ace
I dont know if this has been said but the info from the last stage discussion thread should eb ported over for the nuetrals/starters/(sv,yi,bf) as last time we couldnt add a great deal of information about those stages, What i really think will help rob mains is going thru the counter stages with serious detail

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i only started my in depth stuff as of yoshi's island i think, so neutrals do need some more stuff done

but i do find group discussions on stages normally spiral into very trivial matters, for example when i was done with yoshi's we then had about 3 pages deciding whether lucas was good on that stage or not

Top Bottom