• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Thread(NEW currently being worked on)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

Hi everyone and welcome to the ROB stage discussion thread. :) I’ve decided to take this over because the last thread owner wasn’t active enough to keep the thread up to date. The posts below will contain all the information needed to know for what stages are ideal for your Robotic Operating Buddy.

So let’s begin :3

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

[collapse=Old Info (to be updated)]Summary

~~~

Characters to take here:
-Diddy
-MK
-Pikachu
-DDD
-Fox
-Wolf
-Sonic
-Ike
-IC

Characters not to take here:
-Marth
-G&W
-Snake
-Falco
-MK
-Pit
-Lucario
-Olimar
-ZSS
-Peach
-DK
-Luigi
-TL

Overall Stage Ratio 6/10[/collapse]

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Summary

~~~~~~

Characters to take here:

Overall Stage Ratio

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alright, well I got most of the layout done today xD. Gave it some colour aswell to make it look more appealing to read.

Also the info with which characters to take to certain stages, make sure to provide a sentence or two as to why you should take them there or not. Need to know why its good or bad. Going to update all the summarys of the stages too, they need more detail then some small summary points.

Just trying to help us out :3

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Very excellent work there Leisha! But there is more stages to add like Jungle Japes, Picto Chat and some *** stages from BBR.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
she'll get to it, her time zones are diff from us and she had to go sleeps.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
dayum.... i'll be posting on this one more now that i know the game better =]

swordsaint

Smash Master
Yes, Australian times are gay compared to you guys. It's like 8am atm.

This thread as beautiful as it is - is a lie. R.O.B shouldn't have 'CP' stages as he's bad on any stage.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yes, these tier wh*re times are gay compared to the good ol' days. Theres like 8 viable characters atm.

Swordsaint as beautiful as his pranked! name is - is a lie. He shouldn't be posting on the ROB forums since hes a scrub. <3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yes, Australian times are gay compared to you guys. It's like 8am atm.

This thread as beautiful as it is - is a lie. R.O.B shouldn't have 'CP' stages as he's bad on any stage.
I'm going to fly over there and beep you up! xD<3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
you'll think crazy whenever you see a robot pull up at a venue on a kangaroo...then you'll be sorry! ;)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
but you guys have milo.
that's enough to make me come there xD

though the lack of dr. pepper and cheap pop tarts.... =/

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think we should either start discussing Defino or lylat, and start on the counterpick stages after that.
So which one guys?

Also I'm terribly sorry for not having this thread updated still. I've been suffering from depression and lost my job, so ive been trying to get over it + get my new life sorted. So tonight I should have time to get this thread up and running.

As for now, I'm going to put the information in the old thread back up just for the time being. I think we should maybe try re-discussing some of the old info though, because I've noticed that a lot of it is just bullet points and don't go into enough depth. Even just having a couple of paragraphs about the stage for rob and using some example pictures would be great! Another thing that bothered me was the characters part, they really need to say why we should or shouldn't take them to the stage. We need to know what the opponent is capable of or how we have the advantage.

If anything, I'm only trying to help us out.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
There isn't that much to discuss in those stages. Lylat allows to abuse platform snapping and the tilting helps with laser bounce gimmicks. And the ledges only help you.
And in Delfino, sharking and water sucks for Rob.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I think we should either start discussing Defino or lylat, and start on the counterpick stages after that.
So which one guys?

Also I'm terribly sorry for not having this thread updated still. I've been suffering from depression and lost my job, so ive been trying to get over it + get my new life sorted. So tonight I should have time to get this thread up and running.

As for now, I'm going to put the information in the old thread back up just for the time being. I think we should maybe try re-discussing some of the old info though, because I've noticed that a lot of it is just bullet points and don't go into enough depth. Even just having a couple of paragraphs about the stage for rob and using some example pictures would be great! Another thing that bothered me was the characters part, they really need to say why we should or shouldn't take them to the stage. We need to know what the opponent is capable of or how we have the advantage.

If anything, I'm only trying to help us out.
Oh, okay, sorry, I didn't know. =/

You're the right person for this, you want everything so detailed which I love! =)

MetalPat

Smash Ace
There isn't that much to discuss in those stages.
I can't really say how false this is xD
Personally, I never play on Delphino because I do quite bad on it myself. The only reason i'll ever pick it myself is if im facing someone like falco, who can **** up his recovery. There are going to be different strategies based on what land masses the stage goes to, and therefor making there plenty of different tactics.

When we do a counter like Picto, i'll be more than happy to give my input :)

EDIT: i've noticed on other boards, they have new threads per stage, as to make it easier to find the information on that stage, instead of having to search through 25 pages of information for one specific page. I think this might be a good idea per stage? anyone else agree?

swordsaint

Smash Master
As a Falco main I'm going to tell you right now - if they're ****ing up their recovery on Delfino they're not good Falco's.

I'd border on saying Delfino's a **** decent stage for Falco. :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I was thinking we should make a new thread for every stage, it makes keeping track of information ALOT more easier. So once this thread gets sticky'd ill create a new thread for each stage discussion =).

I personally hate delfino myself because usually mks take me there and all they do is try to attack me through under the stage >_>. I also hate it when blast zones change and you die super early because of it. Raaaaage..

Hai again scott <3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
There isn't that much to discuss in those stages. Lylat allows to abuse platform snapping and the tilting helps with laser bounce gimmicks. And the ledges only help you.
Maybe there is a lot more to discuss on those stages than we think. Such as, how the tilt of the stage Lylat can force Wario air releases from grabs. And how we can attack through the edge of the stage a bit with u-air and nair.

I think we really have to collaborate on this and open our minds a bit. Maybe thinking about platform cancelling, etc. to see what we can really get out of these stages. If we limit our ideas, we limit our character

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Maybe there is a lot more to discuss on those stages than we think. Such as, how the tilt of the stage Lylat can force Wario air releases from grabs. And how we can attack through the edge of the stage a bit with u-air and nair.

I think we really have to collaborate on this and open our minds a bit. Maybe thinking about platform cancelling, etc. to see what we can really get out of these stages. If we limit our ideas, we limit our character
So true and agreed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How is Falco bad in Delfino? Dat spike is scary in water. He can camp normally. Some of the transformations he has the advantageous position with his huge camping game and all that.
Anyways, I don't like it for Rob, water also screws our fantastic meteor cancel.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well i just responded to your post in the Link boards about Link and delphino. So i wandered into here.

IMO
Places Link is bad at:
Lylat (Tilting stage is bad for bad recovery.)
Frigate Orpheon (No ledge on right side of first transformation)
Castle Siege (Second phase has destructible objects and walk offs which is bad for Link)
Rainbow Cruise (Link cant really jump well)
Jungle Japes (Zair is completely ruined by all the ledges, and Link probably would have a tough time getting out of the water if he even can.)
Delphino (For reasons i stated in the other thread)

Places Link is good at:
Brinstar (Lots of reasons, second best stage)
Norfair (Lots of reason, best stage)
Final Destination (Room to camp and spam)
Halberd (Suppose to be good for Link, though i cant remember why. Does this place have a low ceiling?)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Q: How does Yoshi fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Yoshi abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Yoshi's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3
I've never played this MU on this stage, but I'll give some general ideas about it.

The stage is pretty big, so I wouldn't particularly take ROB there since we kind of need to approach. The smaller the area, the easier it is to create strings and there's less room for you to run. However, the fact that we can rise through the stage from the ledge is a bonus, because it provides some good ledge options and potential pressure. It lets us use the ledge more effectively if you try to trap us there.

Other than that, some of the stage terrain is pretty meh for fighting ROB although some of it is good. Relative to the already bad MU, I'd say it's around 6. But I'm bad with numbers like that, don't quote me on it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
How is Falco bad in Delfino? Dat spike is scary in water. He can camp normally. Some of the transformations he has the advantageous position with his huge camping game and all that.
Anyways, I don't like it for Rob, water also screws our fantastic meteor cancel.
I wouldn't say that falco can camp normally, half the time we have the option of sharking him to approach. The transformation sequences are generally bad for falco, it provides a free off-the-stage situation. But yeah I'd stay away from the water, and the flat transformations suck.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
leisham, good start ^_^

i know we're gonig to re-do this, but for sakes of saving time and/or my work not feelnig like a waste of time i suggest using my original stage reviews as a base ground for each stage
at the very least use the castle seige one, i thought that one was **** good ^_^

Top Bottom