• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Online Tournament(Started Nov. 30th) and Luigi Crew Battles(Starting Soon)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Question: can't you just do OOS stuff without tap jump just by pressing the jump button at the same time?

I've tried it out a bit since my L is set to jump for when I use Peach and it seems to be similar.
No you can't. You can't do OOS stuff if you have Tap jump off. What make's it OOS shoryuken broken is that, there's invcivblity frames around 1-4 I believe. Think of it as a OOS marth's upb.

Shield ---> 1-4 frames of invinciblity of shoryuken = ****.

Edit: out of shield

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
No you can't. You can't do OOS stuff if you have Tap jump off. What make's it OOS shoryuken broken is that, there's invcivblity frames around 1-4 I believe. Think of it as a OOS marth's upb.

Shield ---> 1-4 frames of invinciblity of shoryuken = ****.

Edit: out of shield
Really? I wonder what makes tap jump so special to allow this sort of thing then.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
Why does no one answer any of my questions...
hippiedude answered your question in his edit. OOS stands for "Out of Shield," pretty much meaning attacks that come right out of the shield. There's a bit more to it, I believe, but that's pretty much why he's messing with it.

Also like he said, OOS upB gives off invincibility frames.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
eh, i'm getting crappier to explain so sorry I'm caught up with homework x.x;

when your getting hit, when about to do shoryuken your doing "up" and the b button, if you have tap jump off im talking about the control stick, meaning you won't be able to do a shoryuken out of shield. also, for some weird reasons, you need tap jump on to do a upsmash out of shield.

and yes ^^ that's why im messing with it. Luigi has poor OOS options cause of his low traction :/

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
eh, i'm getting crappier to explain so sorry I'm caught up with homework x.x;

when your getting hit, when about to do shoryuken your doing "up" and the b button, if you have tap jump off im talking about the control stick, meaning you won't be able to do a shoryuken out of shield. also, for some weird reasons, you need tap jump on to do a upsmash out of shield.

and yes ^^ that's why im messing with it. Luigi has poor OOS options cause of his low traction :/
So it's because the up motion of the control stick counts as a jump as well as input for the move? Then why doesn't pressing the jump button along with the shield and attack work? I was just able to do an upSmash while holding shield by pressing jump along with the attack button.

I'll look to see if there's a bigger topic on just this so I can see.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol yeah chic. Rising Nair of OOS is too good =]

And yes Leon, the first part you hit it correctly. But when I try to do a Upsmash OOS, I can't do it with a C-stick with tap jump off for some reason, but when with tap jump on *no c-stick, talking about up+A* I can do it, same with reverse hyphen smashing.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
lol yeah chic. Rising Nair of OOS is too good =]

And yes Leon, the first part you hit it correctly. But when I try to do a Upsmash OOS, I can't do it with a C-stick with tap jump off for some reason, but when with tap jump on *no c-stick, talking about up+A* I can do it, same with reverse hyphen smashing.
Weird, since I'm doing upSmash with the c-stick and without. Perhaps what I'm doing is more akin to a jump canceled attack rather than a true OOS attack.

Either way, my set up on the classic controller is normal save for my L is jump and my y is grab. I hold r for shield then press l then quickly c-stick up. It does an upSmash. Still looking for a topic on this to clear this up for me.

EDIT:: and LSL is fine when addressing me. Leon sounds weird and I'm not used to it. (Don't mean to sound conceited or anything.)

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Player, how are you going to organize who you put in each crew?
well i was thinking of having the best 3 (dont know how to determine though:ohwell:) be captains. that or voluntary or votes for captain. but once 3 captains are chosen then a captain will choose a co-captain. co-captain chooses one crewmen. crewmen chooses last member of crew.

anyway at this rate the crew battles might not begin for a while(if ever) :(

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
chic hippie and player be captains
wattt?? Im not online on weekdays lol. and i didnt even sign up lol. but meh find my info on my profile to sign me up i guess =D

Edit : bah forget it, ill sign up get @ me next saturday tho cuz i cant go on weekdays

1246 9566 4759

tag: CM

ill be happy to pair up with anyone. im versatile person.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I saw one empty spot in the crew thing. If its alright I'd like to take it =D

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Are we already assigning teams?
not officially. just throwing out some possiblities. we dont even have even brawlers yet.

just came up with the new point system for the tourny, check it out. any good? i think so. lol

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
I'm not playing anymore. So wait I still don't understand how these crews are going to be organized.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
well i was thinking of having the best 3 (dont know how to determine though:ohwell:) be captains. that or voluntary or votes for captain. but once 3 captains are chosen then a captain will choose a co-captain. co-captain chooses one crewmen. crewmen chooses last member of crew.

anyway at this rate the crew battles might not begin for a while(if ever) :(
umm this was and still is my responce. you get what im saying in the quote right?

@WiGi: sure lets do it. first one i guess. everyone knows the tourny began right:/
actually wigi u can play chic...i didnt really feel like playing. lol

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Is there a bracket thingamajiggie for the tourney?
no. brackets kinda force members to play. and if anyone is inactive a match may never happen. you must request matches in this thread and wait for someone to accept. it works like the luigi ladder...man where is elheber???:(

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
im in bimestrals... i will probably be playing only on weekends , btw is the limit only two characters? i want to test my ics but lag is so bad i doubt i will be able to infinite any of you, well i think i will have falco and marth then , if lag is ok i definitely want to use ics, its taken me some time to learn them

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
The time when the Luigi ladder was alive was the time that I took a break from the Luigi boards.

WIGI

Smash Champion
its weird, at times when im trying, i like, am almost at par with you, somtimes i even win, then otehr times when i try, you three stock me. then when i don't try and just go for lulz you 2 stock me lol

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol i started trying after i started buffering stuf and shdairffad.. the matches after that one i was trying.

dunno bout you.

i think i cought you off guard cuz you didn't know i was sandbagging the first bunch of matches lol

then i acualy start playing and you like wtf he doesn't suck?

WIGI

Smash Champion
ive never thought you sucked. you are a pro tauntspike luigi :) now im off to bed... nn
yeah id prefer to be betetr than just tauntspikes and dair spikes. lol. im getting there. you dthrow follow ups are better than mine, or i just suck mroe at escaping them

Top Bottom