• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Official" Online ranking topic

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Thats what Tigerbombz does. He joins your game and he plays you until he wins then he leaves IMMEDIATELY. As far as I'm concerned the kid is extremely gay because of that. He's done it ATLEAST 10 times to me.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
My idea for a panel:

Malva
Johnny
Sheer
Froggles
Quickman
SNKE

I'v seen that none of these guys have any hate towards anyone and they've been pretty unbiased. Moogle isn't that active so I can't suggest him. There's others I would suggest such as Unknown or Cartman but they don't like each other too much so it wouldn't work. We need pretty neutral people that won't prefer some over others. I'll ask if everyone is interested and willing so I can set it up.
I suggest just Cart, and not Unknown.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
once we get all this information set up I'll get a moderator to pin it for us. Nice job kris making the player list.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sorry Metroid but your ladder thing isn't going to work. Why would anyone ever accept a challenge from someone behind them on the list? The only thing they could gain from it is moving lower on the list. I seriously doubt anyone is going to play someone behind them without some sort of incentive themselves.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you want me to set up the list, Metroid?

I'll get everyone's name, the rules, and (If possible) contact details for everyone.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't agree with the ladder thing. Theres too many variables that can and probably will go wrong. I expect people to avoid challenges from players behind them on the list. I can also almost guarantee people will lie/deny results since rankings are at stake. A panel deciding upon rankings seems like a better idea to me.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
deny results? you just post them on here after the game is over. who the hell is going to lie about who won a 9 year old video game with no cash at stake.

honestly I'd be fine with the panelist idea, but I'm kind of tired of being behind people that aren't better then me.

The thing about the challenges though you can't decline a challenge or you lose your spot. If you don't want to have your spot in danger then don't sign up for the ladder. We're trying to make this as accurate as we can, the only way to prove who is truely better is 1v1. The option of being able to challenge up 3 spots as well prevents "roadblocks" of people that give you a hard time or main a counter character to you, you don't have to play against them and can go around and play someone that is a better matchup.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Ok quick overview of the rules everyone agree with this stuff? Would be cool to get this started up

-A challenge match MUST be declared before hand
-Sensei's tournament rules, dreamland or hyrule as first stage unless both players agree.
-Matches Best of 5
-If you win take the spot of the person you beat, then everyone else slides down one
-Declining the challenge or not showing up without notice or reason counts as a forfeit and you move down
-Can't challenge the same person more then once in 3 days
-Can only do 2 challenges per day
-Can challenge up to 3 people above you
-Malva can't be challenge unless he wants to. This really isn't a big deal since I highly doubt anybody online would ever beat him.
-New players to the current list that exsists has to challenge one of the bottom 2 people, and then are placed at the bottom of the list if they win.
-In the case of desync the match is restarted, unless both players agree at a point when the game desynced.
-In the case of excessive lag the challenge can be ended at any time by the player higher up the ladder without it counting against them. after all, lag sucks
-Report results on smashboards

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
hmmmmm. The only person that I know of that even has a slight lag problem in 1v1 is jaime, but even that's not really bad. When I said lag I was talking about game breaking lag, like below 55fps constantly or huge lag spikes. If the game runs above 55fps without huge lag spikes it should be considered playable.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Ok quick overview of the rules everyone agree with this stuff? Would be cool to get this started up

-A challenge match MUST be declared before hand
-Sensei's tournament rules, dreamland or hyrule as first stage unless both players agree.
-Matches Best of 5
-If you win take the spot of the person you beat, then everyone else slides down one
-Declining the challenge or not showing up without notice or reason counts as a forfeit and you move down
-Can't challenge the same person more then once in 3 days
-Can only do 2 challenges per day
-Can challenge up to 3 people above you
-Malva can't be challenge unless he wants to. This really isn't a big deal since I highly doubt anybody online would ever beat him.
-New players to the current list that exsists has to challenge one of the bottom 2 people, and then are placed at the bottom of the list if they win.
-In the case of desync the match is restarted, unless both players agree at a point when the game desynced.
-In the case of excessive lag the challenge can be ended at any time by the player higher up the ladder without it counting against them. after all, lag sucks
-Report results on smashboards
hmm, I just saw this thread today. Right after playing HyrulesOneHope, actually. Since I was on par with him today, shouldn't I be up there on the list? Or do I have to challenge him now?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
we're working on a system right now ;) We're just trying to set up something that will work good.

Also jaime, some stages like mushroom kingdom and yoshis island really shouldn't be played at all, because of mass camp fests. They are still open for counter picks and stuff. Honestly though I never see anyone play on dreamland or hyrule anyway so I don't think that's too big of a deal.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I know I'm not going to want to play everyone who challenges me either. I guess don't include me in this ladder thing then.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
what is the big deal about playing 1 game if someone asked you sheer if you were volunteering to be on a panel to rate like 30 players?

Top Bottom