• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL NJ-Central SUNDAY BI-WEEKLIES - Central NJ, 4/20

CuLo

Smash Cadet
NJCentral SINGLES Brawl ! APRIL 20th !
First tournament in this REGION [i think]

LOCATION [LOOK AT THE MAPS]:

Two Turns off Route 1 [Menlo Mall area]
9 Merker Drive
Edison, NJ 08837

Phone: 908.510.4008
Email: carloapena@gmail.com
Aim: CuuLo

SCHEDULE:

Sunday, April 20th

The tournament is starting on time. If you are going to be late you MUST call me and I'll add you into the bracket.

2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M. Registration/Free Play/Set-up
4:00 P.M. - Tournament Starts

ENTRY FEE:

$10 per person

PRIZES:

First Place - 70%
Second Place - 20%
Third Place - 10%

The more people come, the bigger the pot will grow! Of course, the title is what's most important!

RULES:

Format:

- Double elimination.

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- Players meeting twice in tournament play will expand their previous set to a best-of-seven continuation.
- The Grand Finals set will be two best-of-five sets. Grand Finals will not be a continuation set.
- All matches are three stock with a six minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by percentage. If percentages are equal, then sudden death will be played.
- Items AND Smash Ball will be OFF.

Stage Selection:

- If players can NOT agree on a stage, RANDOM will be selected.
- Loser picks next stage
-If two players agree on a banned stage, then they can feel free to play on it.

Character Selection:

- Don't be an ******* about this one. No rules.

STAGE LISTING:

Neutrals:
Battlefield / Final Destination / Yoshi's Island / Lylat Cruise / Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1 / Delfino Plaza / Luigi's Mansion / Pirate Ship / Castle Siege / Halberd
Frigate Orpheon / Pictochat / Corneria - Melee / Rainbow Cruise - Melee / Green Greens - Melee / Brinstar - Melee

Banned:
Jungle Japes - Melee / Mushroomy Kingdom / Mario Circuit / Norfair / Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls / Bridge of Eldin / Spear Pillar / Port Town Aero Dive / Skyworld / WarioWare, Inc. / Distant Planet / Summit / 75m / Mario Bros. / Flat Zone 2 / Hanenbow / Shadow Moses Island / Green Hill Zone / Temple - Melee / Yoshi's Island - Melee / Onett - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

OTHER RULES:

You will disqualified if you use modded controllers or the programmable functions on third-party controllers (like rapid-fire).

Of course, you cannot use glitches or stalling to either disable your opponent or indefinitely suspend match play. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture or tournament disqualification. This includes things like the Falco-laser-lock, don't do crap like this.

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Coaching is allowed between matches, but no mid-match instruction may occur. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, but coaches can be silenced at the request of any player currently engaged in a set.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

BYOC (Bring your own controller) kthx.

Other Notes:

The ruleset IS open to change.

Bringing TVs, Wiis, copies of the game, and cravecase from WhiteCastle would be a great help. Please bring any of these items if you can, preferably a cravecase. If you do, please be sure to mark them in some way, shape, or form so that they can be identified as your own.

THOSE THAT DONATE A WHITECASTLE CRAVECASE AND A SODA BOTTLE WILL HAVE PRIORITY ON TWO STAGEPICKS OUT OF EVERY THREE MATCHES HE PLAYS.
Guy deserves it, spending thirteen bucks out of his pocket to feed his fellow brawlers.

Tell all your friends! :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
BRACKET ELIMINATION by way of BRAWLS BUILT IN TOURNEY MODE
[spread between multiple TV's & Consoles]
Surely a precedent in tournament organization, I know. And this is because I am too lazy to manage it myself, AND because it perfectly fits the next rule:

You pick ONE character to use through out the entire tourney. [Only this week, you crybaby. Let the newcomers feel their first main out. Then two weeks from now, it's back to character selection.]
lol, screw this.

I'm going to Cheezit's Melee tournament, probably.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
have fun having no one show up at the tourney if you don't use the proper ruleset, you aren't going to get many people if you use the horrible built in tourney mode, you have to run it yourself. I've never run a tourney but it shouldn't be that hard, ask around to like dmbrandon, maybe Inui might know, and Scar knows how pretty well. If you do that you will get far more attendance at this.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hey, for the next one if you don't make it on the same day as a nj/pa tournament, and you do normal rules and make it melee/brawl these could be decent tournaments. So consider those things, set a new date and new rules and expect a great turnout. Good luck on this one.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Go create a new account, a large majority of the important members of the smash community already dislike you. If you continue at this rate you will have people actually telling other people NOT to attend your "tournaments." Start over and do it right or don't do it at all.

BUM163

Smash Lord
this is a terrible ruleset lol. for your first tournament you should have an original ruleset with character selection lol. i just started running a tournament and people love it. of course u can't satisfiy everyone, but you should balance it out as fair as possible without losing the fun to it.

melee is not a dieing game also. just cause you're not into melee doesn't mean other people ain't. i alwayz tell people i'm into both evenly. melee and brawl is like totally different games. melee just lost people cause brawl is obviously new and alottttt of new people came so it took over kinda quick.

i believe melee should be back though in some kind of way, if it can bring people back to the scene.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Just so you know the biggest recent melee tourney in the nj/pa area had 49 entrants, and the biggest brawl one 42. Melee is still going strong in this area, making it both would secure a good turnout. I have no idea what brawl rules are good/bad, so I guess that looks fine, but if you need melee rules copy/pasting out of The Tunes biweekly thread is probably a good idea. ;)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lol.. poor guy.. And since when did you "vet" smashers get so mean with your posts? >_> Only bum really had something constructive to say. Yay bum! poo on the rest!

Anyway, I would go but i am going to the Rutgers tourn on Sat..

Oh and you wrote Saturday April 20th.. isn't Sat the 19th? =P

"lol, screw this."

"L O L"

"Start over and do it right or don't do it at all."

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
pride, if you read my post carefully, it doesnt concern the debate of melee or brawl. its concerning the terrible ruleset he was trying to use due to his laziness of not running a correct bracket. Please refrain from irrelevant comments.

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Well now it's updated guys. Anyone that lives near me who'd like to meet and help coordinate would be nice. I'd like to eventually turn these into weeklies if things go smoothly.

Cia

das kwl
Go create a new account, a large majority of the important members of the smash community already dislike you. If you continue at this rate you will have people actually telling other people NOT to attend your "tournaments." Start over and do it right or don't do it at all.
LOL i love this post. DoYoung!! we must hang out soon

also, please keep those rules, and spread it around. people will come running back to melee :D

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Just so you know the biggest recent melee tourney in the nj/pa area had 49 entrants, and the biggest brawl one 42. Melee is still going strong in this area, making it both would secure a good turnout. I have no idea what brawl rules are good/bad, so I guess that looks fine, but if you need melee rules copy/pasting out of The Tunes biweekly thread is probably a good idea. ;)
The biggest recent brawl had well over 100 in ny.

Anyways, don't make it saturday the 19th. Rutgers is having a big thing, no one will go. However, if you make it on sunday, you'll get some heads.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
pride, if you read my post carefully, it doesnt concern the debate of melee or brawl. its concerning the terrible ruleset he was trying to use due to his laziness of not running a correct bracket. Please refrain from irrelevant comments.
Who said anything about the melee or brawl debate? I said your post was arrogant and instead of helping people get into the scene positively your just being negative. Maybe you need to read my post more carefully and "refrain from irrelevant comments."

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The biggest recent brawl had well over 100 in ny.

Anyways, don't make it saturday the 19th. Rutgers is having a big thing, no one will go. However, if you make it on sunday, you'll get some heads.

Thats probably why eggm said in the NJ/PA area. SPOC will forever be Melee. Also, everyone should go to smashtastrophe where melee is headlining.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yah pakman, that is why I said nj/pa. NY is their own thing, they hardly ever travel, besides alukard/jman/hax for melee. Bum has never been out of state once lmao. NY stays at their weeklies and thats like it, only time nj/pa plays them is if they go there, which since I went a long time ago theres been no one going before brawl, i just count them as a separate entity

CuLo

Smash Cadet
first of all, I'm not going to create another account just because two pompous idiots with an ego problem couldnt offer more constructive advice to a person new to these forums trying to do a service for his fellow brawlers, even if its my first time.

if YOU continue at this rate with your "holier than thou" attitude, other people might not respect you as a veteran. i look forward to running into you at some event so I can stuff your arrogant face full of "whupping" accordingly.

As for the event, I've got twenty two confirmed contestants attending Sunday, so the turnout so far is decent, with or without said pompous individuals.

My thanks goes out to the ones who've posted and private messaged me in recognition of my obvious need for assistance.
(in my original post I clearly stated that I needed help setting up rules and such since it was my first time.)

Doyoung2win, feel free to not show up. the last thing this event needs is a negative snob.

two

BUM163

Smash Lord
wow eggm, how u just said i neva went out of state. u don't know me and lately u been takin pot shots at me. seriously and i'll say this online you keep sayin things out ur mouth and i'm gonna shut it myself wit a punch to ur face. i was gonna even try 2 converse wit u again, but **** it, i'm gonna take real action, cuz my name seems to come out ur mouth wit negativity.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
wow eggm, how u just said i neva went out of state. u don't know me and lately u been takin pot shots at me. seriously and i'll say this online you keep sayin things out ur mouth and i'm gonna shut it myself wit a punch to ur face. i was gonna even try 2 converse wit u again, but **** it, i'm gonna take real action, cuz my name seems to come out ur mouth wit negativity.
...that seems a bit unwarranted...

BUM163

Smash Lord
it don't matter. i hear from other people the same bull****. he was gonna get punch before cuz of his cockyness n trash talkin. i don't mention him at all nor do i diss him. bum has neva went out of state lmao, is a for sure diss. you know wat, i'll go out of state to whup ur *** in real life. not this smash ****. real talk he messin wit the wrong dude.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I was just stating a fact, that many Ny smashers don't travel outside of the weeklies, which is true, your are the best example of it, it wasn't meant to be disrespect. If I wanted to be disrespectful i'd say something like, "At least I'm cocky and back it up in NJ and out of state, but I'm not an *******. I didn't think you were either, but you said a lot of dumb things on aim after beating me in a few online matches that i cared so much about. Didn't mean I thought you were an *******, I just didn't wanna hear stuff like "you can't be good at brawl ever no matter how hard you try cause theres no lasers" or "If you play a veteran ur gonna get owned." Cause those comments were stupid and ignorant.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yup oooookay. i don't disrespect anyone period, so to disrespect sumone who treats everyone equally wit respect and i don't even have nothin against u and one of the few people in ny who spoke to u at the time when u wasn't **** in melee. i don't care what anyone thinks about wat i said, people need 2 learn 2 have respect, cause if i was in front of him, he'll never say **** like that. guranteed.

no i just told u the truth. i didn't diss you. lots of people have to start all over. u don't have lasers and the shine. am i wrong? i didn't mention ur garbage cuz we just started the game. when u mention me u insulted, tryin 2 say i'm a joke of sum sort. i heard from other people u mention me also.

BUM163

Smash Lord
anyway point blank, no speak about me, if u don't know wat ur talkin about. i explain how can a nyc melee tournament can be accomplish. please also don't explain to me why melee should be in and brawl should be out, cause honest truth their both kiddy games that we make competitive and alot of people who play smash only play smash and don't really know anything about a true competitive scene.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I would say you and other Nyers hardly ever leave the state in front of you. No problems at all. I treat people with respect too. FYI, I was also pretty **** good by the time you met / talked to me in melee. :p You were definitely dissin me. Cause you were proud of your online wins I guess. I shoulda saved the convo.
Everyting you say constantly contradicts yourself and its nonsense without fail every time. It'd be fine if said you don't have lasers and shine and everyone gotta start over, but you said I can never be good cause theres no lasers, thats straight disrespectful. Thats like me saying your gonna b nothing w/ DK in brawl cause up + b doesn't hit as hard, what it means when u say it like that is that was all you had, and your not a good player u just abused stuff. I never said you were a joke, I said you don't travel out of state, which is fine NY has WEEKLIES meaning every week whats the point of traveling out of state if theirs tournyes EVERY weekend and u got no car? My whole point wasn't to insult u w/ the original comment it was to point out that NYC is kinda like a closed community. I do mention you to other people, and i usually tell em about the **** u said to me on aim and stuff. And that I dont' talk 2 anymore. Thats about it. I also asked if you used all DK and brawl and other stuff. I also say, that you and other D.A members were all Oh i'm bored at melee weeklies when u started losing to new players, and you can't even play that off. You guys also constantly started praising brawl like it was jesus, which D.A absousltey did. None of what I say isn't fact. Whatever, i'm done, if you come outside of Ny and try and hit me thats up 2 u I aint a savage tho i don't need to fight in real life over stupid stuff.

BUM DO YOU EVEN READ MY POSTS I SAID IT SHOUL BE BOTH GAMES. NEVER DID I SAY MELEE SHOULD BE IN AND BRAWL OUT, GOD ****IT.

BUM163

Smash Lord
naaaa i told u before i 4get **** easy, and itz not a game thing. itz more of my pride thing. ur a football person and i know ur when sumone trys to diss ur team, eventually they talk about u. thatz how i am. when u blocked me honestly i said i'm just jokin wit u, cuz i like to piss people off on purpose just to see a human boiled up. ask emblem lord about our online matches, i kept killin myself and at the end i told him it was to see him mad. after i told him good matches and it was fun and hope to play him again.

i don't praise brawl like it's jesus lol. i just love fighting games and it feels good to have a new game in our hands. melee is still beautiful in my eyes. i just hate it just cause itz a beastly game, don't mean brawl won't. remember melee took 4 years for the meta game to evolve and then one more year as to m2k and others push it beyond limits. in my eyes i can already see brawl havin alot of potential of course witout the wavedashin and such.

people have to stick wit it and break in the game to see all the craziness. both games have their ups and downs. i would like to see nj and ny 2gether playin brawl havin fun. that's wat this smash community should be about. i would say melee also, just as of right now, people are trying to learn whatever they can in brawl to be ahead of the others and i don't blame them.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
O_o so is the tournament still on? I agree with Brandon that if you moved it to Sunday (although its not easy to move tournament dates) more people might show up..

Inui

Banned via Warnings
FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!1!!11

eggm sux

bum sux

id threestock u in both games

im a disrespected veteran oh my but i win anyways so lololol

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol well my goals right now is 2 get ny and nj to unite and play brawl. record a ny vs nj thing sorta like the west vs east and bug out.

Top Bottom