• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Brawl Tournament in San Francisco - 2/23/08

hitori

Smash Journeyman
so i've been trying to call up Nintendo all day about this, but they seem to be closed a day early for Presidents Day Weekend. >_<

anyone know if we will be allowed to use unlockable characters for the tourney?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You might want to check the thread in Tournament Discussion for what happened today at the LA tournament.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I believe the following details to be true for the SF event (based on the LA event):

1 vs 1
Items on HIGH
Single Elimination
Starting Roster Only
LOADS of people showing up

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
And you have to listen to all the Brawl noobs bashing the cheats of Melee for X hours, mostly wavedashing.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The LA event was really fun, but the rules they used ruined the tournament.
4 minute time match, items on (high?), starting roster only, classic controller only.
The final four players were all rather bad players who spammed items and mostly played against other bad players who SD'd more than they did.
I believe the final match is on youtube.
Other than the rule set it was loads of fun and I'm glad I randomly was in the area, I won a $10 gift card and got lots of free water and soy milk. ^__^

The Game II

Smash Champion
I was going to go, but not after I heard what happened.

Plus, there's Wondercon and GDC, so you're talking about people from that event going.

--GCII

The___cheese

Smash Lord
They might as well make it 50+, that would be crazy interesting.

They would all be trying to outsmart each other since most people of that age can't move their fingers like us crackheads.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
i hope dan wins this. it would be a shame to see some randoms get all the prizes =/

GL TO DBR, WIN THIS ****.
LoL you think some randoms going to win?? someones going to win who has the game duhh hope to see some of you there, if anybody wants to meet up PM me or something

Icekid09

Smash Cadet
thats hella weak if only 18+ can enter cause there fan base is f**king 12+.
anyway I'm bout to go if anyone wants to join me just PM Me.
- Kato

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
After playing a while, I'm sure that getting used to the CC wouldn't be so bad. I keep messing up on the GC controller, thinking that adjustable shields are in the game. There's no analog triggers, so if I started using a CC, I might get used to it more.

Top Bottom