• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***official Meteor Smash List!****

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think samus' utilt and doc's fairs are the only "meteors" that don't send down (you still get the bonus' from them)

bowser's dsmash is a spike (try it on a fox, if the fox hits you while you're doing the dsmash, he'll go straight down, it's not techable, and bowser should be sent up in flames, did it on a friend once, should work on other character)

bowser's dair is a spike also, works like most dair drill spikes (fox's and peach's in particular), get hit while doing the attack, the opponent gets sent down

mario's down b is a meteor, if you hit the opponent on the head with it, they get sent down very slowly, one of the worst meteors in teh game (falcon's forward b is, since you cancel your jumps when you attempt it)

fox's and falco's dthrows are meteors but only work on certain characters (falco's doesn't work on fox and large characters, fox's works on certain characters)

kirby's uthrow, bthrow, and fthrow are all meteors, so is his up b and dair

jigg's dair is a dair drill spike

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Instead of using words like "aerial down A" use terms like "dair". everyone is familiar with this term throughout the site, and its less messy. Also there is really no need for the percentages.

There are many you didn't list, but one many people don't know is Falco's get up A move(after being knocked down) is a meteor.

Capt. Falcon's and Ganon's aerial Forward B are meteors.
Ganons forward B sends you up....

marthsword

Smash Ace
Good guide, but the first thing I noticed is that you said fox has no meteors. He has 4. His d throw, and then the lasers work as a spike, but still a meteor. Fox illusion in the air can be a meteor, i'm not sure what has to happen exactly though. His dair is a meteor if you hit with the tip of his feet, as well as a spike. And last but not least: The shine. The shine owns. Hit with the bottom part, in the middle. It's a good guide though, and it sure helped a lot of people as did the spike guide i read on gamefaqs. + rep.

Samochan

Smash Master
kirby's uthrow, bthrow, and fthrow are all meteors
What the... dude, kirby's throws are not meteors. >_> Throwing and Kirbyciding with kirby's throws do not classify as meteors and you can't wriggle out of uthrow either. Kirby's dthrow can be used to meteor someone at the ledge, but only if they DI that way (unless I'm proven otherwise by those who have done this). Otherwise it won't work, so I wouldn't classify that as a meteor

Kirby's only meteors are his dair and the cutter when coming down and hitting with the blade from above.

And no, Peach dair is not a mini-spike or a meteor since you cannot neither meteor cancel that and your character can also DI up between her attacks, plus you don't get stomped down like with rest of the meteors. It's also possible to cc this attack which you are unable to do with most other meteors. (unable to cc samus dair, able to cc kirby's dair ect.)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Good guide, but the first thing I noticed is that you said fox has no meteors. He has 4. His d throw, and then the lasers work as a spike, but still a meteor. Fox illusion in the air can be a meteor, i'm not sure what has to happen exactly though. His dair is a meteor if you hit with the tip of his feet, as well as a spike. And last but not least: The shine. The shine owns. Hit with the bottom part, in the middle. It's a good guide though, and it sure helped a lot of people as did the spike guide i read on gamefaqs. + rep.
Not really. His dthrow maybe, and maybe his dair. But his lasers are not. They have NO knockback. Also, his shine is a semispike. Not a metoer. Also, Fox illusion is not a meteor. Falco Phantasm is.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
when you are not facing your opponet and your opponent is slightly above you, is fox and falcos upsmash considered a spike ?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dthrow from kirby cannot spike or meteor

when you cancel kirby's bthrow and fthrow, you can almost say you're meteor cancelling it, while the uthrow you cannont, can be called a spike

a meteor is a move that sends the opponent down (with a few exceptions), those moves send the opponent down and are considered meteors

Samochan

Smash Master
dthrow from kirby cannot spike or meteor

when you cancel kirby's bthrow and fthrow, you can almost say you're meteor cancelling it, while the uthrow you cannont, can be called a spike

a meteor is a move that sends the opponent down (with a few exceptions), those moves send the opponent down and are considered meteors
... Kirby's dthrow is his only throw that could be even considered meteor, since it does send down on the ledge. Kirby's other throws are not meteor nor spikes. You cannot meteor cancel them, you can wriggle out of them, both on stage and off stage. Unless you think Koopa claw could be considered meteor too since you can drag down someone along with you, or yoshi's egg lay since the egg drops down...

Let's see what are the definitions of Meteor smash and meteor cancel:

Meteor Smash: Many characters have a Meteor Smash. This is a smash that sends your opponent downward and is designated by the game as a special move. Meteor Smashes, while powerful, can be meteor recovered, which makes them less effective then spikes.

Meteor Canceling: If you jump at the exact moment someone is Meteor Smashing you, you will recover quickly and jump and there will be a little flashy graphic. It only works on spikes deemed official "Meteor Smashes" by the game though.

You don't jump out of kirby's throws, you wriggle out of them. There are no meteor sparkes when you wriggle out and throws are not designated by the game as a special move when you kirbycide with them. So yeah, not meteors or spikes. :/

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's not a meteor, he didn't cancel it, and it was all effected by DI, so Kirby's dthrow is not a meteor

Samochan

Smash Master
that's not a meteor, he didn't cancel it, and it was all effected by DI, so Kirby's dthrow is not a meteor
That's what I said earlier too. :/

Kirby's dthrow is his only throw that could be even considered meteor As in, answering to what you said about kirby's throws beings meteors, dthrow comes the closest in being a meteor and yet is not one.

And to the others, fox and falco's dthrows are not meteors, since you need to DI them off stage to get sent down.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
no offense, but when you name attacks like that, it makes it look unofficial...

Pikachu and pichu's uair are very good attacks. they should count as meteors.

there are many attacks that only spike fox and falco. GAW pan, pikachu and pichu thunder, zelda hexing, etc.

I NEVER GET THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION:

is it possible to survive a SPIKE off the edge without SDI, teching?

is a spike an attack that cant be meteor canceled or one that you cant survive off the edge?

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
only spike fox and falco??

pan spike is a true spike though yeah?

umm you can survive a spike off the edge... if you recover as soon as you're allowed to do stuff...

a spike is an attack that sends people downwards and can't be meteor canceled? im guessing

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so some definitions are all f'd up.

All "spikes" are surivable at low damages. even teh Ph1R3 spike.

THE ONLY TRUE SPIKE IS KIRBY'S UTHROW.

that also means that suicide throws cant be meteors because they are JC'able, ie meteor cancel'able.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
Now somebody has probably already done this... but I'm too lazy to bother looking for it on my slow internet connection...

I thought I'd compile a list of all Match Bonuses related to Meteor Attacks, just in case anybody cared...

Meteor Clear - 3000 points: Cleared the level with a Meteor Attack.
Meteor Master - 8000 points: Every Meteor Attack KO'd an opponent (minimum of 2).
Meteor Smash - n*800 points: KO'd foe with Meteor Attack.
Meteor Survivor - n*2000 points: Succeeded in recovering from a Meteor Attack.

There... that should be right.

Oh and for anybody who can't do simple math:
"n*800 points" means "800 points for every time you perform these requirements".

UGC: Kidd

Smash Cadet
fox's shine is a semi-spike, not a meteor. it can't be meteor cancelled.
falco's down air is a spike, not a meteor. it can't be meteor cancelled.
I dont know if its because i have one of the later or more up to date versions of the game. but everything ive read about spikes are wrong, ive personall have cancel, falcos dair at 62 damage, ive seen computer do it 200 plus. same with marth and ganondorf... so umm yea...

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
Kidd said:
I dont know if its because i have one of the later or more up to date versions of the game. but everything ive read about spikes are wrong, ive personall have cancel, falcos dair at 62 damage, ive seen computer do it 200 plus. same with marth and ganondorf... so umm yea...

There are only 2 versions. Falco's D air is still a spike in the other version. And i don't think you know if you canceled it or not. If you actually canceled it, you would of seen your character flash white. Also, i think you were seriously full of **** when you said that you saw a computer cancel his D air at 200%.

Show us videos of you canceling Falco's D air and the computer canceling Falco's D air. C'mon, i wanna see some videos right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
this all comes back to my question.

Does a meteor attack have to be meteor cancelable to be a meteor attack?

Does a spike have to be ANY attack that sends you down that isnt meteor cancelable?

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Its not that hard Annoying

A meteor attack MUST be meteor cancellable. Meteor spikes were put into the game by HAL, and are "official" spikes.

regular "spikes" are a matter of debate, because there is no official way to say something is or isnt a spike. Some moves its more obvious than other moves. For example, shine spike is pretty clearly a spike move, whereas certain drill kicks that move the enemy slightly downward could be viewed as a spike.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Falco's dair in the PAL version of smash is a meteor in the later part, but a spike in the earlier part. Also, CPUs are very good at meteor cancel.

linksausage

Smash Cadet
I though a Meteor Smash was an atack that sent opponents flying off the top of the screen for a KO.

Smash Cadet
There are only 2 versions. Falco's D air is still a spike in the other version. And i don't think you know if you canceled it or not. If you actually canceled it, you would of seen your character flash white. Also, i think you were seriously full of **** when you said that you saw a computer cancel his D air at 200%.

Show us videos of you canceling Falco's D air and the computer canceling Falco's D air. C'mon, i wanna see some videos right now.
Are you mad because i said that a spikes can be stoped ? Dude its just a game, calm down why would i come to a random thread and just lie about somthing so tedious, and of unimportantance ? And i dont have a videocam so i cant record anything, you honestly expect to run to a store and record something to so meak, just to prove apoint ? Honestly I have more of alife than just this game.

Falco's dair in the PAL version of smash is a meteor in the later part, but a spike in the earlier part. Also, CPUs are very good at meteor cancel.

Thank you.

I though a Meteor Smash was an atack that sent opponents flying off the top of the screen for a KO.
lol, you better watch out. Somone may quote this and put this in the "dumbest thing you heard someone say about this game" thread. honestly i thought the samething in my begining days. still funny none the less

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I was just stating a fact. I'm not taking sides either. You always want to hit with the earlier part.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
umm....i'd never bet anything pertaining to link against Lord HDL, mastahwolf. he knows his Link.

Smash Cadet
Lies. Link's UpB semispikes in PAL too

in PAL version , Roy's double edge dance >B, B, ^B is meteor , I dont know about NTSC's
This is correct, I semispike in both versions daily, I own the newer version at play it at home, while my friend has a copy of the old version.

umm....i'd never bet anything pertaining to link against Lord HDL, mastahwolf. he knows his Link.
I would noramlly say that, but not in this case. Thats why i was surprised to see him post that. Hes good n all but that lowers your link knowledge no matter who you are.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well, dont diss me. i dont even have PAL. or 1.0, or 1.1.

Smash Cadet
well, dont diss me. i dont even have PAL. or 1.0, or 1.1.
Dude, I wasnt trying to diss you and my bad if it came out that way. When I said you i didnt mean YOU as if it was talking about you annoying. I ment as anyone who plays link and made a statement like that. I have nothing against you, Your just posting your opinon like me, and everone else. I would never needlessly flame anyone for that.

Top Bottom