• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

iamalfe

Smash Rookie
I have a bit of a problem, everytime i try to install the Pixel CSS by Siro & Steelio in DAT, it rebuilds another iso and then I get an error everytime I try to start 20XX, what am i doing wrong?

Zamorita

Smash Rookie
So i was watching Gloomshot's video "Daily Melee highlights: armada declares his godhood"
And i saw a FoD texture and a CSS that i really liked and i wanted to know if anyone has the download link to any of these, you can see these textures around min 3:00

Last edited:

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
So i was watching Gloomshot's video "Daily Melee highlights: armada declares his godhood"
And i saw a FoD texture and a CSS that i really liked and i wanted to know if anyone has the download link to any of these, you can see these textures around min 3:00
Im also interested in the fod skin if anyone has a download

jefe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new here but I'm wondering if any of you have experience in what I'm trying to do. Combing smashboards threads hasn't been effective thus far and I'm just looking to get past this snag so I can continue my project. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a "breakpoint" for a hex value/position read from the ISO? What I'm trying to do is find the exact moment that a texture is loaded into memory/accessed by the game, and reverse engineer the prior function. I need to find a way to locate a texture in memory and follow it around the code.

I suspect that the way it works is that it loads in an entire .dat texture group into memory (e.g., MnSlChr.usd/dat), and then picks the textures it needs from RAM, so an ISO read "breakpoint" wouldn't be that effective, since it's reading from memory after already loading in the textures it needs. However, if that's the case, I don't really know how to find out where these textures go in memory once they're loaded in, and I wouldn't know where to start approaching this with cheatsearch or any similar tool.

What I'm really trying to do here is find a way to load in any texture at will and display it onscreen via injected code. I'm currently to reverse engineer the CSS Hand when it switches from "open" to "holding token" as an example of a texture being accessed, placed, and displayed onscreen. I'm aware of the offsets 0x81118DEC and 0x81118DF0 controlling P1's X/Y coords but I can't find anything else about the actual texture data. Does anyone have any experience working with textures in this manner? I can't seem to find anything similar online. I'm pretty fuzzy on the finer points of texture access methods used by the gamecube, so if anyone has any links to good reading that would be appreciated in lieu of a direct solution here.

Thanks guys!

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Onii-God

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
Can I get that stage?
yea definitely man it's in my (click-->) [link removed]

[Sorry, but it is not allowed to post game disc images, since it's a copyright violation.]

I'll make posts for the stages I made rfor it eventually lol

Last edited by a moderator:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Hey I was watching Mang0's stream highlights and noticed the damage percent mod that he has in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpIdYLwE1Uo&t=43s
Does anybody know how to get that?
Well it's actually quite simple to make yours, just dump the typeface with dolphin, edit them with any image editor, and then import them inside the ifall.dat (if i'm not mistaken)

Otherwise, I've made two mods similar to what you're looking for, check these two links :
https://modulous.net/mod/975/New Percents 2

https://modulous.net/mod/970/Smash Bros. Melee New Percents

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
why do the css not work?
Because.... 20XX 4.05 MnSlChr.usd has changes in it from the other previous version. You can use DAT texture wizard to export the pictures from the css and import to a 20XX 4.05 MnSlChr.usd file, and then maybe upload that to Modulous...

Tylronyx

Smash Rookie
Because.... 20XX 4.05 MnSlChr.usd has changes in it from the other previous version. You can use DAT texture wizard to export the pictures from the css and import to a 20XX 4.05 MnSlChr.usd file, and then maybe upload that to Modulous...
ok thanks

Blue Falcon Punch for anyone looking for it. (not mine) Credit : sry I forgot your name :[

DL : http://www.mediafire.com/download/8y7300n2vyu4cx0/EfCaDataBlueFPunch1.dat
does this replace the falcon punch only or does it replace all of falcons fire moves

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
EDIT: More notes to myself on creating custom Melee game mode text
Code:
Approximate Melee Game Mode Text:

A-OTF Folk Pro font
H type
26 pt font size
Sharp

White Text
View attachment 48981

Pretty legit.
Okay, I'm trying to change the stage select text by using your base file and downloaded the font but I get this error. Any ideas? The font works fine in Word and other programs.
error.png

EDIT: I reinstalled Photoshop and everything magically fixed itself.

Last edited:

DillyCombo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-3938-1531
Any way to change the colors of the alternate skins L and R in 20xx? don't know the exact offsets or anything, just want to change them so I can tell which skins I took over.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Any way to change the colors of the alternate skins L and R in 20xx? don't know the exact offsets or anything, just want to change them so I can tell which skins I took over.
Check the start.dol with an hexadecimal editor, and start looking at around 0x408400

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
Hello all,

trying to make a pack. Got a ton of textures already. I'm looking for different % textures or CSS. But mostly just the %. If you could link me to something that'd be great thanks!

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752

Acryte

Smash Ace
Been busy with school work. Had an idea the other day... turned out pretty good.

https://modulous.net/mod/1403/Acryte - Stitch Face Kirby

I'll probably make a couple changes to it soon and release a revised version. I need to change the color of the handle on the Happy one to brown, and also change the structs for the Wink and Happy so they are brighter and not "shiny".

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Been busy with school work. Had an idea the other day... turned out pretty good.

https://modulous.net/mod/1403/Acryte - Stitch Face Kirby

I'll probably make a couple changes to it soon and release a revised version. I need to change the color of the handle on the Happy one to brown, and also change the structs for the Wink and Happy so they are brighter and not "shiny".
i think you mean really good. props :)

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I'm looking for this effect's set of textures:

I tried looking in EfCo but they didn't seem to be in there. Dolphin reports they look like this:

Anyone have any idea what file they're in?

0Frames

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom