• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

0Frames

Smash Cadet
I'd like to fix Pokemon Stadium, not the transformations, the corners that block your vision of the ledge.

both these methods do not work as far as I can tell: https://smashboards.com/threads/tutorial-removing-parts-of-a-model.423775/ , https://smashboards.com/threads/advanced-costume-hacks-removing-model-parts-and-more.435138/

I also fooled around with the transparency settings but to no avail.

I feel like no one knows how to do it since it appears to be an obvious fix but I still wanna ask around to see if anyone knows.

Last edited:

RedeNK

Smash Rookie
Having trouble downloading the Air Mario skin: Mediafire imposes me to upgrade my account to download it.
What do I do?

Danywany

Smash Rookie
I would like to know if I have diferren skins in Marth's arm, like in the right somethingand in the left another things, sorry for bad english.

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
So I've been having these errors in DTW 5.0 that I've never seen before when trying to import an image over a texture. It says:

"No texture type was found for "XXXXXXX.usd_0xXXXXXX_9.png".
The texture type should appear at the end of the file name, e.g. the "_3" in "XXXXXXX.usd_0xXXXX_3"."

Not really sure what this means as I can import it into vanilla melee just fine (I'm trying to import into 20XX 4.06).

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
So I've been having these errors in DTW 5.0 that I've never seen before when trying to import an image over a texture. It says:

The texture type should appear at the end of the file name, e.g. the "_3" in "XXXXXXX.usd_0xXXXX_3"."

Not really sure what this means as I can import it into vanilla melee just fine (I'm trying to import into 20XX 4.06).
You need to define the texture type. Simple fix is renaming the image you want to import as the image you are changing. (The _3 defines what type of texture it is. I forget the other numbers).

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet

You need to define the texture type. Simple fix is renaming the image you want to import as the image you are changing. (The _3 defines what type of texture it is. I forget the other numbers).
Okay, so I did that and I got this error:

""XXXXXXX.dat_0xXXXXXX_3.png" could not be imported due to an unknown error.

Status Code: failedEncoding"

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

What did you name the image as? It is strange that it is spitting out 2 extensions in the error, as if the image has 2 extensions.

Last edited:

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
What did you name the image as? It is strange that it is spitting out 2 extensions in the error, as if the image has 2 extensions.
Okay so I wanted to use a custom CSS that seems to be incompatible with 20XX 4.06, so what I did was put the .dat for the CSS in to vanilla melee, then I exported all of the custom images so it named everything automatically. An example of one of the names is "MnSlChr.dat_0x132240_3" which is the image for default DK.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I wanted to use a custom CSS that seems to be incompatible with 20XX 4.06, so what I did was put the .dat for the CSS in to vanilla melee, then I exported all of the custom images so it named everything automatically. An example of one of the names is "MnSlChr.dat_0x132240_3" which is the image for default DK.
Try taking out the .dat, my only thought on this is that DTW is somehow getting confused that there may be two extensions in the file name. Try renaming it as "0x132240_3"

Yaruzu

Smash Cadet
Try taking out the .dat, my only thought on this is that DTW is somehow getting confused that there may be two extensions in the file name. Try renaming it as "0x132240_3"
Yeah I pretty much got the same thing.

"0x132240_3.png" could not be imported due to an unknown error.

0Frames

Smash Cadet
Where can I find the FD skin in this pic?
nowhere, it's a skin I'm working on/used to work on but I put it on hold until I find out how to properly modify all elements of the map:

Final Destination FD color colors offset offsets grnla.dat grnla

here's an incomplete list of all the offsets that are not directly accessible in the DAT texture wizard since they are not linked to a specific texture:

7970: 3line highlight magenta around top of stage 1=(FF00FF)[magenta] 2=(FF00FF)[magenta]
7B80: magenta highlights top surface 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF00FF)[magenta]
7B50: white triangles on the top surfaces 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFFFF)[white]

7940: black sphere bottom (000000)[black]

7850: orange highlights on bottom, very bottom main 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
79A0: orange highlights on bottom, ??? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
79C0: orange highlights on bottom, ??? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
79F0: orange highlights on bottom, trace 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
7A20: orange highlights on bottom, trace 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
7A50: orange highlights on bottom, trace 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
7CF0: orange highlights on bottom, ring 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]
7DE0: orange highlights on bottom, top main 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FF5900)[dark orange]

7A70: trail of bottom light coming from the sphere? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFF00)[yellow]
7AA0: trail of bottom light coming from the sphere? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFF00)[yellow]
7AD0: trail of bottom light coming from the sphere? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFF00)[yellow]
7B00: trail of bottom light coming from the sphere? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFF00)[yellow]
7B20: trail of bottom light coming from the sphere? 1=(808080)[grey] 2=(FFFF00)[yellow]

for anyone seeing this post who knows more, plz write here in the thread or write me directly so I can include more into this post so all the info is in one place.

still missing: white light around the sphere at the bottom, yellow light going from the sphere to rotating stage elements and the resulting highlights on those elements
It'd be great if someone knew who made 'Blue FD', 'Rainbow FD Redux' and 'White and Red FD' becasue those folks actually know.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard

time 2 call in the bigshots
DRGN DRGN
Summoning ritual complete.

The error you're having is a known issue with paletted textures, with a simple workaround. It will be fixed in the next version.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Are most of the textures hidden within these pages uploaded to modulous? I love the work that gets put into them, and i just figured out how to add more stage textures to be selected in the debug menu and am now on the hunt lol

Jamnman

Smash Rookie
Are most of the textures hidden within these pages uploaded to modulous? I love the work that gets put into them, and i just figured out how to add more stage textures to be selected in the debug menu and am now on the hunt lol
I wanted to ask how to add the extra stage textures if it wouldn't be too much trouble to explain :)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Yeah, the majority of them are, however there's quite a few that are only available here through there GoogleDrive, Mediafire, and Dropbox links. It's a nice read honestly, going through the whole thread gives you a better idea of how to do things, and the work that went into figuring those methods out.

aBlueShell

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to get downloaded skins to overlap specific default color or alt skins? Whenever I try to, it lets me do it but then it won't run properly in dolphin.

Last edited:

0Frames

Smash Cadet
Could someone possibly edit Falco's face texture to be black feathers with blue eye highlight? I already have most of the skin finished, just don't have the editing prowess to make it look good lol
Specifically this texture:

I never worked on falco, does the blue bg need to stay blue?

anyway I'm working on a norse themed fountain reskin. does anyone know how to alter that pink stripe (highlighted in the pic) and/or the stages lighting? solution here: Official Melee Texture Hack Thread #4724

https://imgur.com/a/exMtq

Last edited:

Rush98000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rush98
3DS FC
0705-5313-3480
I never worked on falco, does the blue bg need to stay blue?

anyway I'm working on a norse themed fountain reskin. does anyone know how to alter that pink
stripe (highlighted in the pic) and/or the stages lighting?

https://imgur.com/a/exMtq

Nah i changed it and it didnt change anything in game
I really appreciate this by the way

Top Bottom