• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

italiarlz135

Smash Rookie
texture update:

I ended up downloading the Hungrybox face skin and it had another layer around the mouth that I could work with to paint a mouth on. While obviously not perfect, I'm alright with how it turned out. I just need to know how to get the Crown hat working on the Green skin (replacing the headband). Is there an easy way to do that?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
texture update:

I ended up downloading the Hungrybox face skin and it had another layer around the mouth that I could work with to paint a mouth on. While obviously not perfect, I'm alright with how it turned out. I just need to know how to get the Crown hat working on the Green skin (replacing the headband). Is there an easy way to do that?

The crown is part of the PlPrYe.dat. I should probably look into importing for other files but its really far down the list of things to do. Is there a reason why you could not make this texture for PlPrYe (crown)

italiarlz135

Smash Rookie
I used this skin, apparently made by Yakult. He did some kind of editing to make the eye textures into a spot for the beard. I also think he allowed for separate textures for each half of the face. The stock PlPrYe doesn't have a way to edit around the mouth like that.

if I directly import my textures that work in the PlPrGr into the same locations but on the Yellow skin, they act all funky and don't work.

Thanks for helping me out btw <3

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
I used this skin, apparently made by Yakult. He did some kind of editing to make the eye textures into a spot for the beard. I also think he allowed for separate textures for each half of the face. The stock PlPrYe doesn't have a way to edit around the mouth like that.

if I directly import my textures that work in the PlPrGr into the same locations but on the Yellow skin, they act all funky and don't work.

Thanks for helping me out btw <3

From looking at the result it looks like he changed the wrap settings to mirror. You can try that and see if it helps. DTW should let you change the wrap settings to 0x2 if you click the textures property tab.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I made a video talking about the history of Modulous and how you guys saved the site from death, thank you for your continued support, I really appreciate it.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
EIREXE EIREXE I did not realize we helped your site so much! It was the perfect timing because the main post was starting to get huge. Your site helps us quickly find the skins we want which is awesome. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Yo I just ran outta Photoshop membership and I'm not comfortable pirating it / don't know how to. Is there a really good free program that can do pretty much the same things for at least texture hacking?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Yo I just ran outta Photoshop membership and I'm not comfortable pirating it / don't know how to. Is there a really good free program that can do pretty much the same things for at least texture hacking?
gimp

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Here a quick little hint:
Adobe offers Photoshop CS2 as a free download because there activation servers crashed or something and it would be too expensive for them to set them back up again.
CS2 might be 10 years old but imo it's still a great tool to use and it's free now.
You might have to search a little bit to find it cause it would be bad for business if Adobe would offer it on the frontpage.

Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Adobe offers Photoshop CS2 as a free download because there activation servers crashed or something and it would be too expensive for them to set them back up again.
CS2 might be 10 years old but imo it's still a great tool to use and it's free.
You might have to search a little bit to find it cause it would be bad for business if Adobe would offer it on the frontpage.
yo thats sick ty

Achilles1515

Smash Master
CS2 might be 10 years old but imo it's still a great tool to use and it's free now.
I don't believe this is actually true (assuming you mean free for everyone), but....

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
If you want to use free software (as in freedom, not necessarily price) you have to go in with the idea that they follow the UNIX philosophy which is do one thing and do it well:

General image editing: GIMP
Vectors: Inkscape
2D Animation: OpenToonz or Blender
Video editing: Blender or Kdenlive
SFX: Blender
3D animation: Blender
Documentation: LibreOffice
Source code control: Git or SVN

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this is actually true (assuming you mean free for everyone), but....
You're absoluty right, but the only one to judge you for downloading is your own moral compass. There are obsolutly no consequences, punishments what so ever if you download and use this version. They offer you an official, fully functional download link + key for free one there official website with the disclaimer "You are only allowed to use it if you are an owner of this version (but we do not really care because it's an 11 years old product)".

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Is there anyway to change the file to put that on my game?
Here is what I would do, assuming you are using 4.05 20xx. Download that file, and open in DAT texture wizard (the program that solves all problems, I am trying to figure out how to use it to solve world hunger), then export either all the textures, or just the ones of the faces you want. Then open up your 20XX MnSlChr, and either import the textures one by one, or if the MnSlChr is not in an iso, you can use manual placement to replace all of them at once.

DRGN

Technowizard
Here is what I would do, assuming you are using 4.05 20xx. Download that file, and open in DAT texture wizard (the program that solves all problems, I am trying to figure out how to use it to solve world hunger), then export either all the textures, or just the ones of the faces you want. Then open up your 20XX MnSlChr, and either import the textures one by one, or if the MnSlChr is not in an iso, you can use manual placement to replace all of them at once.
If you're importing to a disc, you can also import them all at once by importing the images while on the 'Disc File Tree' tab. As long as the textures you're importing still have the standard naming convention. This works even if all of the textures aren't going to the same file. Meaning if for example you had 10 textures that go into MnSlChr, and another 5 textures to go into a different file, and another 5 to go into another different file, you can import all 20 of them at once and they should all import to where they need to go.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
If you're importing to a disc, you can also import them all at once by importing the images while on the 'Disc File Tree' tab. As long as the textures you're importing still have the standard naming convention. This works even if all of the textures aren't going to the same file. Meaning if for example you had 10 textures that go into MnSlChr, and another 5 textures to go into a different file, and another 5 to go into another different file, you can import all 20 of them at once and they should all import to where they need to go.
Ah I see, I didn't know about that one. Very useful.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Thank you for the help, but whenever i put the textures in the iso is not detected by the emulator
Yeah I tried and the same thing happened to me. You would have to go through and test it pictures by pictures probably and only take the ones you want. It might work on console, sometimes they work on console and not on dolphin, idk.

EastBoy

Smash Rookie
Yeah I tried and the same thing happened to me. You would have to go through and test it pictures by pictures probably and only take the ones you want. It might work on console, sometimes they work on console and not on dolphin, idk.[/ QUOTEO ]
Thank you for the advice

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

LOOK: https://meleetextures.wordpress.com/

here you can download all of my stuff!

My best piece of work is probably...my Bayonetta texture over Peach.

Don't worry though, I'm working on characters besides peach...So, just sit tight k?
Have you considered uploading these to Modulous or anywhere else? The links on the wordpress site don't work.

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
i need help replacing my CSS. the hack i download comes with two files. MnSlChr _Brawl.usd and MnSlChrüQBrawl.dat.
idk to export the original CSS and replace it with the .usd file. Or do i import the .dat file? help!!

YanPerez97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-8240-0200
Switch FC
6728-0518-5684
i need help replacing my CSS. the hack i download comes with two files. MnSlChr _Brawl.usd and MnSlChrüQBrawl.dat.
idk to export the original CSS and replace it with the .usd file. Or do i import the .dat file? help!!
Use MnSlChr _Brawl.usd

Rename MnSlChr _Brawl.usd ------> MnSlChr.usd and replace.

*sorry my english is bad*

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
It doesn't matter usd or dat, just DAT texture wizard and import either over MnSlChr. However, if you are using 4.05 and the CSS you are trying to import wasn't made for 4.05, then you will have to use DAT texture wizard to import the images, as the 20xx 4.05 MnSlChr contains 20xx stuff.

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
Can anyone send me a link for blue lasers for Falco?
not sure if you knew this but theres a thing called the melee texture manager and in it you can change the color of fox and falcos lasers individually along with the colors of marth and roys sword swings

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
not sure if you knew this but theres a thing called the melee texture manager and in it you can change the color of fox and falcos lasers individually along with the colors of marth and roys sword swings
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it

Wolfgang Cooper

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter usd or dat, just DAT texture wizard and import either over MnSlChr. However, if you are using 4.05 and the CSS you are trying to import wasn't made for 4.05, then you will have to use DAT texture wizard to import the images, as the 20xx 4.05 MnSlChr contains 20xx stuff.
Thanks!

Use MnSlChr _Brawl.usd

Rename MnSlChr _Brawl.usd ------> MnSlChr.usd and replace.

*sorry my english is bad*
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Name: Badman (Red)
Made By: Charmilio
Download Link Here: https://mega.nz/#!zgdwUAbK!EEKUwprthb0yWLIjVfmPlrvkIV_2oDGS8BVnEyaYKNc

--------
i hate falco's jacket.

How do you get Chillin dude in the background?!? Is it a hack?!? I want it!!!!

Idk all about the DAT yexture wizard n stuff. help!

Last edited by a moderator:

NoStrategy

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble adding new (modded) stages to my 20XX 4.05 ISO. i have a feeling its because there is already too many stages in the "hacked stages" screen. there must be a set number of stages that will show up on the game. if you guys could help i'd very much appreciate it :)

DRGN

Technowizard
Thanks!

Thanks I'll give it a try.

How do you get Chillin dude in the background?!? Is it a hack?!? I want it!!!!

Idk all about the DAT yexture wizard n stuff. help!
Don't know if you already found it, but what you're looking for is DAT Texture Wizard (DTW), found here. It matters what kind of game you're trying to import the usd file into. If it's 20XX, and the file you're trying to import is not made for 20XX, then it won't work (some don't say whether they were or not, in which case, you can compare their file sizes; those made for 20XX are a fair bit larger file). In that case, what the others were trying to tell you is that you need to open the non-20XX usd file that you downloaded in DTW, then export the images you want from that file (select the images you want, right-click, hit export). Then open up your game or the usd file from your game in DTW, and then import all of the textures that you pulled out of the other file. So you'll be replacing the textures themselves directly. You can do them individually using the "DAT Texture Tree" tab, or (if you opened a disc in DTW rather than just the usd file) you can do them all at once by importing the textures while on the "Disc File Tree" tab. Hope that helps. If you need more info on how to use the DTW program, it comes with a ReadMe file that explains more.

Btw, if you have multiple things to post at once, please just keep it all to one post rather than multiple at once. If you had just posted but realize you want to add something, just use the edit button to edit your post.

I'm having trouble adding new (modded) stages to my 20XX 4.05 ISO. i have a feeling its because there is already too many stages in the "hacked stages" screen. there must be a set number of stages that will show up on the game. if you guys could help i'd very much appreciate it :)
I haven't played with this much myself, but I know that anyone who might want to help will need more information, like what stages, and what you did exactly. Also, the 20XX thread or threads in the stages subforum would probably be better places to ask. If you skim some of the threads or posts there, you might find others who have tried what you're trying, and their solutions.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
It's a little offtopic, PM'd you.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom