• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
What they probably did is manually place each part on the stage by finding it in the hex, look under the "Pokemon Stadium Texture Tutorial" on the first post to get an idea.
Yeah, I'll have to get more into Hexediting to understand this kind of things...

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Q: is there any way to get rid of Falcon's Arm Guard without having to Hex Edit?
Yep! Follow this tutorial. There's a 'Removing Parts of a Model' section which will work.

Oh and it's the texture which shows up at the bottom of DTW when you open falcon.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641

Name: Shirtless Falcon
Made By: ChillisMySkill
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2568jmj5xoncrb4/PICaGr_-_Shirtless_Falcon.dat
'Tattoo' Variant Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r07b62sd1nindty/PICaGr_-_Shirtless_Falcon_(Tattoo_Variant).dat

Note: For those that might misunderstand, the 'Tattoo' Variant adds the Captain's logo on the back. The regular version doesn't include a logo on the back.
Nice! I tried putting this over neutral with CCC in DATW but his shoulder piece is showing. I was able to remove it fine on dolphin, but when I tried to load it on my wii, it froze. I'm probably doing something wrong

c/c++

Smash Rookie
Characters L - Z, Stages, and more....

CSS/PAUSE SCREEN/MISC
STAGES

Like what you see? Support the thread! Make sure to like this post, and if you want to, add this to your signature!

Code:
[URL='http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AXUj81j.png[/IMG] [/URL]

If you need a layout for your stream look here! I make them! http://smashboards.com/threads/need-a-stream-layout-post-here.360852/#post-18573690

I am building a program that will allow users to update costumes via a gui rather than replacing the files themselves. I wanted to use this data as a seed for the program. I was wondering if this data came from a database or some kind of formatted/structered file. I would love to have this data structured rather than having to parse it out of the html. Thanks for your time, Tyler.

Suavejaw

Smash Rookie
Sure you used the right files? replaced the .usd with .usd, used the one titled "GrPs (The Hack v1).usd" ?
That'd be my thought, ive done that multiple times.

Also, its all coming together boys.
I'm not sure if I missed this but is the YP Dorf up for download???? (it looks amazing)

EDIT: Found it thanks

Last edited:

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Figured out how to remove/edit Falcon's eyes. They're listed as Object 20 in DTW's Structural Analysis tab. It's probably the same for all of Falcon's models, because his have very little variation, but I haven't looked at them all.

Eye modding 1.png

That's all you need to do if you want to remove them. If you want to change their color (info on Color Structs here):

Eye modding 2.png
Eye modding 3.png

Lol, Ok, just kidding about the flaming eyes.

Anyway, in case you need to change them back, the original values of the Unknown Flags and Unknown 1 values above are "0000" and "0002", respectively.

Edit: His helmet visor is Object 23. So you could remove that too.

Before you ask, these are not a texture; so changing the shape would have to be done by editing model vertices, if you know some of the little bit that's out there on that. Could a texture be added? Probably. Space would need to be added or you'd have to find some by overwriting some other texture though.

I am building a program that will allow users to update costumes via a gui rather than replacing the files themselves. I wanted to use this data as a seed for the program. I was wondering if this data came from a database or some kind of formatted/structered file. I would love to have this data structured rather than having to parse it out of the html. Thanks for your time, Tyler.
I've had thoughts about this too. There are a good number of problems and inconveniences with what we're doing now. If your program could browse through (and download/install from) another website for it's database, that would be awesome. I'm wondering if there's one out there that has a good API for this already. It would take some time to move everything here to another site, but that could be a community effort, and would be a much better system in the long run.

Last edited:

Ashrant Kohli

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know of or can anyone make a Marth in battle armour? Like silver/black armour with a red cape like a knight or just abadass swordsman. If no one has one I'm probably going to try to make it myself. But it'll be my first

ChillisMySkill

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of or can anyone make a Marth in battle armour? Like silver/black armour with a red cape like a knight or just abadass swordsman. If no one has one I'm probably going to try to make it myself. But it'll be my first
Possibly.
Don't know when, but possibly.

Now that I think about it, might as well leave it. Minerali Minerali will probably have it done for you in an hour from now. (Not that that's a bad thing :D )

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Looking for a project so maybe. Maybe not that exact picture but I'll use Freddie and queen for inspiration. Audio hacking is also difficult for me :c but for u bby, I'll try cause ily

And as far as I know audio isn't tied to costumes and can't be.

EDIT: Falcon's textures are confusing and i dont feel like figuring it out at this very moment. But when I do i'll probably do this.
Ever get anywhere with this?

@Proverbs

ChillisMySkill

Smash Cadet
Woah nice, preview?

I made this quite a while ago. In that time, I've improved quite a bit. And since I'm experimenting with shiny textures, I might rework the jacket entirely; it's just not up to standards with what I can achieve now.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace

I made this quite a while ago. In that time, I've improved quite a bit. And since I'm experimenting with shiny textures, I might rework the jacket entirely; it's just not up to standards with what I can achieve now.
That stache is slick. Is it possible to remove the round parts at the end of the gloves maybe?

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
can we talk about how falco's jacket is an abomination
This is exactly why doing falco stuff infuriates me. Try to put a logo in the correct place? Too damn bad it's time for trial and error.

Im saving this pic for later use so... thank you

DatFateF4g

Smash Rookie
Yo... did anyone ever post some One Punch Man skins? I dug a bit and cant find, sorry if I missed it? Namely looking for Saitama Ganon skin but any OPM to know about is cool too!

awks

Smash Rookie
This is exactly why doing falco stuff infuriates me. Try to put a logo in the correct place? Too damn bad it's time for trial and error.

Im saving this pic for later use so... thank you
If you'd like I could put up some all-round screenshots of my "measurement textures" that I tossed together on his model so you can see similar stuff for his back and sleeves? Although both of those are really straightforward

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
If you'd like I could put up some all-round screenshots of my "measurement textures" that I tossed together on his model so you can see similar stuff for his back and sleeves? Although both of those are really straightforward
Nah i can work with the other picture. It could probably help others in the future though.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
- by DRGN.png

Name: Melee's True Glass Cannon (Blue slot)
Made by: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xy8w1i17bfxuhgb/The_True_Glass_Cannon.zip
(Note that this cannot be converted using the CCC, because it uses specially edited structure flags.)
Edit: Can now also be found on Modulous.net

This method for transparency can be applied to individual model parts. I've added my documentation for this to the Advanced Costume Hacks thread.

Yo... did anyone ever post some One Punch Man skins? I dug a bit and cant find, sorry if I missed it? Namely looking for Saitama Ganon skin but any OPM to know about is cool too!
Yeah, it's in the OP under Falcon's white skins. If in doubt, there's always the search feature (top right of any page). You can use it for whole forums or threads. If you're using CTRL-F to search though (for example a specific page like the OP), then you need to expand any related spoilers in order to find matches.

Last edited:

ChillisMySkill

Smash Cadet
I made a Saitama Captain Falcon skin a while back. It's on the OP.

Last edited:

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
DRGN DRGN you're so sick man, you're doing wonders for the texture hack community, thank you

Doesn't seem that complicated or time-consuming and it's a pretty good idea, Im down for that

Do you have any picture of reference?

---------------------

So, I wanted to make the M2K to resemble more like the real him, I ended doing up all of our Marth-playing Gods. Enjoy.

Name: Mew2King V2 (Replaces Black)
Made by: Minerali
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kzwdkntt88ro6j/Marth+-+Mew2King+v2.zip

Name: PPMD (Replaces Neutral or Green)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2f21sede0jcrj0z/Marth+-+PPMD.zip

Name: Mango (Replaces White or Neutral)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hmb91hbxzwbgbk7/Marth+-+Mango.zip

SOON:
red marth Ken
Peach Armada

Last edited:

Ceeb_116

Smash Rookie
DRGN DRGN you're so sick man, you're doing wonders for the texture hack community, thank you

Doesn't seem that complicated or time-consuming and it's a pretty good idea, Im down for that

Do you have any picture of reference?

---------------------

So, I wanted to make the M2K to resemble more like the real him, I ended doing up all of our Marth-playing Gods. Enjoy.

Name: Mew2King V2 (Replaces Black)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kzwdkntt88ro6j/Marth+-+Mew2King+v2.zip

Name: PPMD (Replaces Neutral or Green)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2f21sede0jcrj0z/Marth+-+PPMD.zip

Name: Mango (Replaces White or Neutral)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hmb91hbxzwbgbk7/Marth+-+Mango.zip

SOON:
red marth Ken
Peach Armada
THESE ARE SO COOL! do you think you could make a m2k sheik skin. it seems pretty hard tbh.

Top Bottom