• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Im loving these re-characterizations, dudes.

Banjo kazooie next?

edit: also vault hunter pack hype.
I've been thinking about Banjo-Kazooie. I guess Fox would be the best for this, but there isn't really a way to include Kazooie. What about green Pichu? lol

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
I found the offsets off of the Changing Color Effects thread. Tbh it's really simple, and just abt 4. Background being the main one.

MnSlChr background offsets

000948 - Background
80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF

348E88 - bottom frame
07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94

348F48 - rule
07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3

349008 - top frame
07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94
Oh sweet, they're not even the complicated color formats. Thanks man.

I've been thinking about Banjo-Kazooie. I guess Fox would be the best for this, but there isn't really a way to include Kazooie. What about green Pichu? lol
You could do marth/roy/ganon with a kazooi cape too i guess.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

meemoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2879-0639-8952
remove space from download link
all download links with spaces work initially when I put them in the thread but anytime after I edit the thread and apply changes they all break
sorry, fixed it i think

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of this? I had this idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore

The ears look cool but the face is kinda ehh. Maybe remove the black on the lighter fur around his nose or make the symmetry a little more fluid (no triangle on his forehead)

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
The ears look cool but the face is kinda ehh. Maybe remove the black on the lighter fur around his nose or make the symmetry a little more fluid (no triangle on his forehead)
I was working on this as well as another complicated project, I'm sort of exhausted with both of them lol. It's a pain in the ass trying to get things to work that aren't supposed to work.
I can upload the photoshop files for the Tiger Fox fur textures if anybody wants to continue it.

DRGN

Technowizard
I've been seeing some cool textures come through here lately! In particular I'm liking that Vault Hunter style.

sorry @ DRGN DRGN I quoted the wrong one. This is my problem ^
It sounds like you just made a mistake somewhere. But I don't know what what you did exactly so it's hard to say what it might have been. Did you try it again? If it consistently happens with a specific texture, post the texture you're trying to import.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Fixed collision problems on my extended jungle japes.
@ Veggies Veggies

Name: Extended Jungle Japes v1.1 and v1.2(No klaptrap)
Made by: Skin (Touchups and testing by myougi)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u8p51dal4b1oqhy
Download Link (No Klaptrap Version): http://www.mediafire.com/download/kq5n0ijm7bsv9d6
I didn't remove the water or its pull or anything, i think it adds an interesting dynamic to the map without being frustratingly random (Like the klaptrap). It allows fun plays like falling into the water at the start of firefox, flowing down to the left side, and grabbing the opposite ledge.
If you just want a flat stage with one center platform, just use the 20xx custom battlefield to make that in like 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
@ krvntn krvntn Did you figure out how to replace the MIP textures on ys?
Well Steelia told me I had to do stuff with the tcs to change them but I have no idea how to do it. So that's why I looked for tutorials, even asked Steelia, with no results from either parts.

So I stopped working on it

@ Fakes Fakes it's awesome ! I'm in love

Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Well Steelia told me I had to do stuff with the tcs to change them but I have no idea how to do it. So that's why I looked for tutorials, even asked Steelia, with no results from either parts.

Well thats disappointing. Guess no custom yoshi's stories for a while then.

DRGN

Technowizard

Well thats disappointing. Guess no custom yoshi's stories for a while then.
I'm not sure what you're stuck on, but the process for those should be the same as other textures.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure what you're stuck on, but the process for those should be the same as other textures.
Well when doing the same method as other textures (changing steelia .tga into a modified png and loading that in with DTW) it only changes the texture at no zoom out. As you zoom out the other mip textures show. I assume you could just replace those but i have no clue what the offsets are for them and they're _14 so texture finder shouldn't help.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
@ DRGN DRGN It happened again and it seems to be a stage texture thing. I wanted to change the battlefield orb texture, and the "texture overwritten" box didn't appear in the DTW, and it didn't work. The placement is correct and everything:

However it does show up in Dolphin when I load custom textures:

I have a mac, but I don't think that's the problem.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
How did you get the texture to come out so clean on the skin? Ive been trying to get a custom skin made for a buddy so he can represent his sponsor but everytime i try it just comes out super pixelated.
Depends on which texture you're talking about. Some are naturally much higher resolution than others (peaches dress is 176^2 pixels compared to say her hair which is only 80^2). I believe you can input higher resolutions than normal but that requires changing pointers and tables and such.
Which texture are you trying to change that comes out pixelated?

Chaos 0

Smash Rookie
Could somebody here please make a texture hack over Young Link that makes him wear the Skyward Sword outfit you see in Smash 4? If somebody is up to do this, please, over the Original.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Is this a good place to request alt costumes? I'm trying to get a flamingo-falco costume made if one doesnt already exist
Yes, sometimes people make alt costumes that are requested here. Could you give more details about the color for the jacket, I'm guessing you want the feathers to be pink. You might be interested in this already existing pink falco found on page 1 of this thread under red falco:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Depends on which texture you're talking about. Some are naturally much higher resolution than others (peaches dress is 176^2 pixels compared to say her hair which is only 80^2). I believe you can input higher resolutions than normal but that requires changing pointers and tables and such.
Which texture are you trying to change that comes out pixelated?
Ive been trying to make the texture for falco's back come out better [which is 64x64 i believe] I had to contact my buddies sponsor to get a lower pixel version of their logo made so i can make the skin.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Ive been trying to make the texture for falco's back come out better [which is 64x64 i believe] I had to contact my buddies sponsor to get a lower pixel version of their logo made so i can make the skin.
Yeah falco's back is going to be a little rough, especially since its mirrored. You might be better off just figuring out somewhere else to put the sponsor logo, like on his boots or nametag or something.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Yeah falco's back is going to be a little rough, especially since its mirrored. You might be better off just figuring out somewhere else to put the sponsor logo, like on his boots or nametag or something.
Yeah the mirror is quite a piece of crap as well. I can work with the mirror though cause the logo is symmetrical its just the matter of its actual quality coming out really really blurry

Top Bottom