• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I think i will stick to using melee toolkit to copy the textures out of the iso. Theres alot of other textures you have to sort through using dolphins texture dump feature and with melee toolkit i can just have it isolated to whatever character im working on.
Normally i dump all the textures for a skin in a folder, make a back up of the folder in case i need it, then drag all of those textures into photoshop. If i did it with dolphins dump id have to go in and search for the textures that i need.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I think i will stick to using melee toolkit to copy the textures out of the iso. Theres alot of other textures you have to sort through using dolphins texture dump feature and with melee toolkit i can just have it isolated to whatever character im working on.
Normally i dump all the textures for a skin in a folder, make a back up of the folder in case i need it, then drag all of those textures into photoshop. If i did it with dolphins dump id have to go in and search for the textures that i need.
Its not that bad if you turn on dump textures during the match. Then youd just have to kill yourself and the game would dump the characters textures for you and a couple of effects. If you leave it on youll get a massive amount of textures to shift through.

DRGN

Technowizard
in something as minuscule as the Melee Workshop.
On something as minuscule as the Earth.

Anyway, it's caused by the way the bulleting is done. Up to Falco, the character names are wrapped individually with a list tag. After him, the whole section is wrapped instead.

And fyi, rather than asking Veggies, anyone can fix this and the ordering if they want it to happen. Just quote the OP, make the fixes, and repost. Then Veggies just needs to copy/paste.

LoserNerd

Smash Rookie

Name: Ness' Smash 4 Belch Alt Costume (Replaces Blue)
Made By: LoserNerd
Download Link Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?tbh1dyvysszegvh

I really liked the alt costume from Smash 4, so I thought I would make it in melee. I thought this turned out a lot better than my last skin I made (wasn't really too proud about that.) Hope you enjoy!

SipDatLean

Smash Rookie
hey i was playing on a set up yesterday with the neon night time yoshis story but it also had the boo hack, could anyone hook me up to a link to that file?

Anutim

Smash Apprentice

Name: Majora's Falco
Made By: l3uck5h0t
Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxpvySAvsPNbTTdEUi0wQjB2RHc&usp=sharing

So I've been working on this for a while now and I'm still unhappy with it, I've given up hope. I believe there is potential here but I'm too fed up with it, if one of you wants to pick up where I left off feel free! I'm curious to see what this can become.
The concept is awesome and I might give it a go, but I'd wait until we can import models or at least change the UVWs before working on it. I feel Falco's UVW's limit the potential of this concept by a LOT.

l3uck5h0t

Smash Rookie
The concept is awesome and I might give it a go, but I'd wait until we can import models or at least change the UVWs before working on it. I feel Falco's UVW's limit the potential of this concept by a LOT.
Yeah man i tried so many different approaches but id always end up with a wierd looking texture

AxRandomxMoment

Smash Rookie
Does any know why the inside of Falco's jacket is orange for this costume I'm working on? I can't seem to find a texture for it, but I would like to change that orange to black or maybe even purple.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Does any know why the inside of Falco's jacket is orange for this costume I'm working on? I can't seem to find a texture for it, but I would like to change that orange to black or maybe even purple.
it's an effect and I can't remember what to do but somewhere said how in reply to me wondering the same in the thread somewhere

zankyou

Smash Lord
Probably a color node. Should be easy enough to change if you just search for the pointers to the jacket.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Anyone here know if/how I can edit cpt falcon's eyes from triangles to something else?
its probably a vertex colors. In the colors thread theres the 0x98 format, its probably going to follow that. Or be 0x90, I forget which one is for triangles and triangle list.

Milun

Smash Ace
Sorry for my ignorance... who is this? looks awesome :D how did you remove sheik's hair?
I removed the face data for that particular model (the hair that covers her eyes), and model hacked the rest. When I release it, you can check it out in the hex (I'll point you to where to look).

JusticeLazer

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've been lurking the workshop for a while now and need some help. On Yoshi's Story the circles infront of the stage will sometimes revert back to their original colors depending on the camera angle. I've changed Islandside and Islandside_light in Steelia's pack. There doesn't seem to be any other texture for the circles but it still keeps changing. I went and dumped the textures from Dolphin to double check, my modified files were the only ones that I saw. The circles on the background island also seem to be the original colors too so I assume it's tied to that, I just can't find the texture to change.

Top Bottom