• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

DRGN

Technowizard
http://i.imgur.com/xlVYgNT.png
http://i.imgur.com/Lx1hl3X.png
I usually put the offset next to the files like "I:\Users\Heke\Desktop\New folder (19)\txt_0116_14.png --> 00018900" but I didn't bother doing it for the screenshot.
Wait, so are you using a placements file AND manually writing offsets into the 'Source Textures' field? You only need to do one or the other. The former is just a convenience/shortcut for the latter.

Textures alone can't cause the kind of corruption you showed, so it must be that you put some data where it shouldn't have been. Looking at the placements file you have, you have textures 23 and 59 repeated, and the two 59s have different offsets. Also, I don't believe I added support for reading palette offsets from placements files (you may notice that the 'Source Textures' text field doesn't populate with them, even when you hit 'Scan for Offsets'), so you need to manually write those. Also, you might need to check that your textures' palettes aren't too long, as Skin mentioned.

As for general troubleshooting, often the best way to proceed is to start over with a vanilla (unmodified) file and simplify what you're doing. So you might try just a few textures, or one, and then if that works, try a few more.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I saw the half closed eyes silver crown puff that's on the main post and thought it looked really nice so I made this one for myself. I was thinking about colors but nothing else than red and black really looks nice for me. I did some testing and it looks really nice. I really hope I could somehow fix this soon.
What a crazy coincidence. I had actually done this exact skin for Brawl ages ago and slated a Melee port as an add-on to the Purin Bandana Pack (also considered matching Bow and Flowers too).

Shown is the Remastered Brawl version by AeroIncarnated.

Last edited:

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
I almost got it. This stuff is so frustrating but I got it to a point where it doesn't bug out in the idle animation, but when i start dashing the normal eyes come up for a frame. http://i.imgur.com/5A5diAT.gif And the left hurt texture still ****s up http://i.imgur.com/Oc4NG99.png . Otherwise it's pretty much fine http://i.imgur.com/4pNhAp9.png
ey, I made the half-closed eye texture. I searched for a long time for the eye texture that appears when you dash dance but couldn't find it... Theres also an undocumented eye texture for when puff turns around during her run. weird

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
simple request i think: Metal Mario over black/brown mario.

maybe use that nifty "shiny" effect that was just posted.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507

This is the green fox thats going to be in my vault hunter pack but it is a little incomplete [need to fix how dark it is around edges]
As for characters ive completed:
Fox: almost
Falco: complete
Captain Falcon: almost done
Peach: Done
Ness: Done
Ice Climbers: almost
Ganondorf: almost

The rest havent been started but i have a little more free time now so gonna get alot of it done soon.

101pie101

Smash Cadet

This is the green fox thats going to be in my vault hunter pack but it is a little incomplete [need to fix how dark it is around edges]

The rest havent been started but i have a little more free time now so gonna get alot of it done soon.
Need to see Doc and mario.these are sick!!

Anutim

Smash Apprentice

You'd need the outline effect used on G&W for it to suffice imo, both on the stages and characters. I like that you've started with textures already though. But I'm curious, are you painting the textures or taking the Photoshop filter way out?

Last edited:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
You'd need the outline effect used on G&W for it to suffice imo, both on the stages and characters. I like that you've started with textures already though. But I'm curious, are you painting the textures or taking the Photoshop filter way out?
A mix of both. I use the filter and tweak it per skin to make it look right then go in and do edits to the textures afterwards. It can take awhile sometimes depending on character. Dark characters are the biggest pain in the butt for this though. Especially ones that are just black like Dr. Mario. I have to go lighten the texture just the right amount to make it not so obvious that i did it and then do the rest.

Last edited:

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995

Don't forget about marth or jigglypuff

VikingSteeez

Smash Cadet
I've been using your texture and its been so fun. One of the best costumes I've seen imo!
Hey thanks man. My friend said he always liked the green falco cuz it looked like he was wearing a leather jacket. I wanted to actually make the jacket black, but of course I couldn't just stop there. It was fun, and I'm glad it's being used (by people other than me).

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Request: Could someone make Fox / Falco in a suit ("Classy Fox / Falco")?
Thanks in advance!

Sempai

Smash Ace
Could comeone make the Devil Mar Cry Shiek or something with a similar color scheme have Sempai (instead of Devil May Cry) on the back?

I will be forever grateful and will mention you on the Youtube channel. :D

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanks man. My friend said he always liked the green falco cuz it looked like he was wearing a leather jacket. I wanted to actually make the jacket black, but of course I couldn't just stop there. It was fun, and I'm glad it's being used (by people other than me).
You nailed it. Still can't get over how well the converse look!

TrapLordeJairoSama

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know it said to PM some of the users for request but I am a little lost as well as overwhelmed to a degree. This thread is massive, but I have two request. So, I was wondering if somebody could make a Fox and a Marth texture using Johnny Joestar as an example.

For Fox,
I would like the pants, shoes, and Fox's shirt to match Johnny's pants design with the stars. Then Johnny's shirt could be Fox's jacket along with the cuff being blue for Fox. Fox's scarve should be the same as the jacket color and that is it.

For Marth,
I want you to make the pants the same, boots the same, just all around do whatever you can to replicate it to a degree. But his hair and lips I want colored blue. With this one I want you to do your best, thank you guys so much. I really love this community.

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
When I use cherry blossom Dream Land, the debug mode hitbox toggles (R + Up on the D-Pad, I'm using 20XX) no longer work. Has anyone encountered any similar problems?

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know it said to PM some of the users for request but I am a little lost as well as overwhelmed to a degree. This thread is massive, but I have two request. So, I was wondering if somebody could make a Fox and a Marth texture using Johnny Joestar as an example.

For Fox,
I would like the pants, shoes, and Fox's shirt to match Johnny's pants design with the stars. Then Johnny's shirt could be Fox's jacket along with the cuff being blue for Fox. Fox's scarve should be the same as the jacket color and that is it.

For Marth,
I want you to make the pants the same, but his hair and lips I want colored blue. With this one I want you to do your best, thank you guys so much. I really love this community.
Can't see your images :/ make sure you choose the "Image" option above the text box when you writing, then paste the image url.

l3uck5h0t

Smash Rookie

Looks amazing i love the falco

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Order up.

Alternate C9 marth as requested by @Chayce, the C9 logo on the back is barely visible though, because of the reflections on the white cape :/

Name: C9 Marth (replaces white)
Made by: Saxon116
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawYjNYVUNKRGVCR0U/view

Blue and grey/pink ICs as requested by @R.I.P.

Name: Blue and grey/pink ICs (replaces default)
Made by: Saxon 116
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawaTNOX3pDN2tISUU/view

Playing around with PS textures...

Name: Pokemon Court
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawMEZSVzllUFI2Tms/view

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Order up.

Alternate C9 marth as requested by @Shayce, the C9 logo on the back is barely visible though, because of the reflections on the white cape :/

Name: C9 Marth
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawYjNYVUNKRGVCR0U/view

Blue and grey/pink ICs as requested by @R.I.P.

Name: Blue and grey/pink ICs
Made by: Saxon 116
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawaTNOX3pDN2tISUU/view

Playing around with PS textures...

Name: Pokemon Court
Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvRyDh8CPawMEZSVzllUFI2Tms/view
Don't forget to mention what colors the characters go over.

Top Bottom