• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King DeDeDe Vid Thread. (Updated 4/13)

CO18

Smash Hero
The only 2 characters i find very difficult to play against are metaknight and olimar. iv only played about 5 toon links and all you need to do is play on the defense. spam shield grab, ftilt, and toon link has got to be one of the easiest characters to WoP. IMO, toon link is easy >;D
Play on the defense?

Wth?

Toon link can just spam you, what are you talking about playing on the defense against a character that possibly has the best projectile game in the game?

DarkRenji

Smash Journeyman
The only 2 characters i find very difficult to play against are metaknight and olimar. iv only played about 5 toon links and all you need to do is play on the defense. spam shield grab, ftilt, and toon link has got to be one of the easiest characters to WoP. IMO, toon link is easy >;D
I can't do a sh 1t vs Toon Link when I play Defense... waddles do nothing vs his projectiles. I think you played really bad Toon links XD.
IMO, Meta Knight is a easier match-up than Toon Link, you just can't do much vs his projectiles...

Edit:
@ Quon, I saw some of your vids, I think you should dash attack less often and use your back air more, IT OWNS. I've seen you edgeguarding with fair, but bair is better me thinks. (Fair is good too though, but bair is better). Also, you can easily jump after him, Dedede has an insane recovery. ^^ Jump off with bairs and kill himmmmm!! Arr, I always try to get my opponent off-stage to kill him there. Dedede just owns in the air. ^^

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
Edit:
@ Quon, I saw some of your vids, I think you should dash attack less often and use your back air more, IT OWNS. I've seen you edgeguarding with fair, but bair is better me thinks. (Fair is good too though, but bair is better). Also, you can easily jump after him, Dedede has an insane recovery. ^^ Jump off with bairs and kill himmmmm!! Arr, I always try to get my opponent off-stage to kill him there. Dedede just owns in the air. ^^
Dash less often? I hardly do it as is hehe. I only attempt it when I'm either invincible or my opponent does a move that roots them in place. It's a quick KO move when used at the right time. I do use dash attacks incorrectly from time to time but I'm a risk taker. :chuckle:

As far as back air vs forward air, Pika is really hard to hit sometimes. Forward airs cover a lot more area than back airs do and tend to connect more often. I do utilize back airs when the opportunity presents itself though. Favoring forward airs also has the benefit of keeping back airs off diminishing returns for that solid KO when the chance comes along.

In regards to pursuing Pikachu off the stage, Pika's up B has great range and speed and Bon is really good at using it. It's difficult to pressure Pika off the stage as he can get by you quickly. Thats why I tend to wait on the stage to cut his recovery off. Forward smashes are actually pretty good edguards and they scare the heck out of people. If they see you charging one a step or two back from the edge, they will go for a ledge grab more often than not. Utilizing that knowledge, I can then go into a dash attack to cover the ledge or a jab routine/tilt spam for a safer attack. Watch all of my videos and you will see what I mean. Examples of these tactics are strewn about my vids.

Thanks for watching and for the critique!

Samus-T

Smash Lord
waddle dee spam and stick to the edge. also when ur trying to go in for the kill, just power shield all of the arrows/boomerang/bombs and go for the grab and then all u gotta do is WoP. maybe i have played bad toon links idk but the day i have trouble with one ill let you know :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
maybe i have played bad toon links idk but the day i have trouble with one ill let you know :)
These tactics work for me too, and I haven't yet had trouble with Toon Link. Chain grabs rack damage and gets Toony off-stage. Once he's off, he can luxiously sit back and throw things, so he's at a big disadvantage. His recovery is limited to a gimpable Up Special if you knock him away with f-air/b-air which is an easy stock for Dedede. And on-stage, Dedede's range more than makes up for his speed since it seems like he will either clash or hit through Toon Link's sword while at a safe distance.

-__-

Smash Ace
This is Basic Sausage >.>

Plz remove the "combo vid" on misc with No fat chicks as title cuz seriously that vid was truly disgusting and iz degrading the true meaning of being a Dedede player. If yall want sum of my vids i usually post when i can youtube.com/fatpics and here are sum links other ppl put

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aMiojbIA0Po Ike (Silven) vs Basic Sausage (Dedede) pt 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWiHpGnEumM&feature=related ^ Pt. 2

*Note: these vids are really old im a whole lot better then i was back then

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Plz remove the "combo vid" on misc with No fat chicks as title cuz seriously that vid was truly disgusting and iz degrading the true meaning of being a Dedede player.
I'm sorry that dedede doesn't like fat chicks. Make a better video please.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
metaknight was hard, but now i know how to play him. is it just me or is marth a really hard match up V__V

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

By the way, as this thread hasn't been updated in quite some time, if a different dedicated member would like to create a new video thread then please do so. PM me once the new thread is complete and I will replace this sticky.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

By the way, as this thread hasn't been updated in quite some time, if a different dedicated member would like to create a new video thread then please do so. PM me once the new thread is complete and I will replace this sticky.

Thank ya Jesus!

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
UltimateShinigami: Thanks. He's not the best, but he's probably one of the best around where I live. Barely any competition around here.

Yeah, the second match was pretty random. It felt like I was just running through the motions most of the time that match, so he got a ton of hits on me.

I hope I helped you!

Met

Smash Ace
why shuld i think i cant??? cuz theyre god of gimps in melee??? this is brawl new game bud and im alrdy top 5 in NY (and i dont own a wii may i add)
because your skillz in melee transfer over somewhat. so people who were good in melee are still good because its still smash. just a diffrent version. go play them though in tourney go to critical hit three its got 3000$ in the pot and play them.

-__-

Smash Ace
because your skillz in melee transfer over somewhat. so people who were good in melee are still good because its still smash. just a diffrent version. go play them though in tourney go to critical hit three its got 3000$ in the pot and play them.
can u link me to the thread or sumtin cuz ive never heard of that and the only thing that transfered skill wise is mind games....every character is different now

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
As you guys might have noticed, This hasnt been updated in awhile...
This is because I have stopped playing smash.

There is no longer a smash scene in durango, and after 1/4th of a year, I still have not been able to fix my lag

I still no know that DDD is the greatest thing to be controlled by a controller, but I just cant be "into" smash without actual humans to play.

So... If someone who can keep up with the community wants to take over the thread or start a new one if you did not post within the first couple of pages... send me a PM and we will get something set up.

But even though I am leaving the smash community, I would likemy successor to be someone who is fairly serious about DDD... so use my format or something better, and try to update weekly.

ummm.... ya.

Sorry bout all this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey y'all, I'm not very good with DDD and I don't use him very often, but my friend wanted to record a match v DDD. I'm not looking for criticism. Do what you want with this friendly match. :) thanks!

DanGR(DDD) v Popsofctown(Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbC2_NJTGU

Oh, and can y'all tell me what happened at 1:31?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Top Bottom