• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Innovative Ideas Thread

Lame~

Smash Rookie
Dair camping is awesome. I also find Fair camping is also effective. With the right spacing and timing, it can also outdo Marth's aerial camps against us. Our forward-air has a great hitbox...it's a little slower than some marth f-airs, but if you can space it, it'll net you some nice damage. You have to get good with using the c-stick to control your aerials while you direct which direction you fall..

Also fun idea: retreating full hop forward-air to arrow.
For some people, it'll scare them into approaching you and you'll get a free arrow off. It's good if you find your opponent loving to jump ;D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that post more belongs in the social thread or in the MU thread. but still good info.

this is more of an untested or new idea thread. your laying out foundations of pit, which is good (especially since you reminded me i need to space with fair more), but this just is the new idea thread. have you checked out the vids in the OP?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Maha i tested it out and it doesnt seem like fair will work. The closest i came was when mk landed on platform in opposite direction stage was moving and i landed the fair but it might be possible he could of gotten a shield out first but it didn't seem like it cuz he was in landing lag still.

The second thing i noticed was the the SSJU or w/e it's called. Your upsmash thing looks promising for working. So you should test it out when you get a chance.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so guys, i do this semi often in gameplay based on which characters im against (pretty much any1 but marth and mk) and i was just wondering if any1 else does double jab cancel>double jab cancel>repeat until they DI out (because jab hit 2 has "pull in" on it) or you decide to finish the jab combo or do a dtilt or grab or something. pit's double jab cancel>double jab cancel kicks *** and it racks up that extra damage. not to mention it throws people off hella. i mean i only usually do it 2-3 times in a row before i finish it off but still just thought i would let you all know that our DJC (quote the fox boards name for it) actually does kick ***. hell i've even gone masashi with it and done DJC>froll>DJC>stuff

EDIT:
this is not unescapable and can punished by incredibly fast moves with high priority like falco's jab sometimes based on spacing. but it is still a good freak out tactic and a great mix up to throw out every once in a while during a match. it forcess people react on spot or they will keep taking damage and we all know how much pit thrives on forced reaction. DJC>DJC>shield and wait is one of my favorite ways to get a read. hell it leads to kill move punishing at high percents or gimp set ups near the edge. just get creative while staying unpredictable

Abel1994

Smash Lord
how about we find a pit new AT :D

Like the one I use where you WoI cancels when you jump off a ledge to push the dude back.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I think this is new. If you WoI people off the ledge during certain moves, they'll retain their momentum. For example, Wolf's fsmash. If you powershield>WoI, it pushes them off pretty far, too far for him to instantly grab the ledge. = gimp time. :D

So many things you can do with WoI, why do they all have to be so situational/hard to do. ><

Zulo

Smash Ace
No, not quite. If you do it during, say, Wolf's fsmash, it sends them farther than it did in that vid. I did this during an online match, haven't had time to try to duplicate it yet, but I don't know what else could have caused it.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Lol for some reason I talked about this in the "trap thread". WoI does weird stuff to attacks that have some momentum, especially near the edge.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
The fact that it cancels some moves also makes it more mysterious. You know how when we are planking a metaknight, they sometimes nado over the side to punish us? I've canceled their nado before by woi'ing to the edge and since they had to rapidly press b to keep up the nado they buffered a drill rush off the stage and suicided. I'm going to include some attacks that woi can cancel in the next video when I get to it.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@Maharba

This is a GREAT idea. If I could know for sure what it is that WoI does and in what situation, I'd start using it more.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i don't get it. if you're asking if woi cancells out lazer moves (spacie lazers) then the answer is no it does not. but it cancells out aura sphere to a degree of charge yet not high charged aura sphere based on aura so that's interesting.

@blubolouis
i just vm'd him

Zulo

Smash Ace
im gonna suggest to the metagame minute guy GIMR to do research on WOI move cancelling for the next metagame minute.
He might do one on wind in general, since Pit isn't a top-tier or highly used character like MK, Dedede, and Falco. Would be awesome though.

And Luckay, I thought it could cancel anything (edit: except moves with laser priority) with good timing? I may be wrong though.

If only they were put into helpless mode when canceling nado..

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hmmm, i hope he says yes. That'd be amazing. As far as ik WoI is the only windbox that cancels moves as frequently and the amount of moves it does it to.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I know GIMR personally. I could ask him to do one on wind hit boxes because I don't think he would do one for only Pit. His main, GaW has wind so it might pull through in the near future.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
a really quick wing cancel then buffered woi looks like a double woi. Also running off an edge and using woi at the same time sometimes cancels woi, but the wind still comes out and you can woi again for double wind.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so guys, MYSTIC WING REFRESH.

you all know the biggest problem of trying to juggle with using wing refresh, the fact that you must jump then do it makes it so that it takes to long to go upwards.

this is where maharba comes in.

any stage that has a platform solves this problem i found out. as you know we can WOI and be just above any platform (most noted are BF and SV, however based on the slant we can do this even at YI). well i happened to be juggling at battlefield at high percents during some friendlies, uthrow> WOI under a platform, then moved to chase him. now before i went up i waited just a few frames and then went forward and up after him quickly as you know is possible out of grounded WOI. so i use dair and he jumps and misses and out of reflex i jump and uair. i had my jumps out of grounded WOI.

i then tested this a bit and found that if you wait just a few frames before you start going skyward when you WOI under a platform, you will touch it with pit's feet and get wing refreshed. needless too say this finally makes it possible to QUICKLY chase people upward with grounded WOI with having to worry about losing our jumps and recovery.

im not taking credit for this as a new AT as it is just wing refreshing, but i do like to think i've found (or at least posted first) that this works out of grounded WOI under platforms. and thus i have achieved a goal. i have discovered 3 new things about pit that people didn't know/didn't post about. DACG, 2sjcus, and Mystic Wing Refresh. time to set a new goal that involves improving our metagame. what should i focus on next guys?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no, i only threw mystic in the title for lulz. really it's just wing refresh applied differently. but ill work on arrow stuff, doubt ill get a lagless shda but ill see wat i can do to suffice :)

Xcallion

Smash Ace
anything that could be used to reduce arrow lag would be amazing. the closest thing we have atm is the arrow loop and that isnt always prudent to use.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so guys, MYSTIC WING REFRESH.

you all know the biggest problem of trying to juggle with using wing refresh, the fact that you must jump then do it makes it so that it takes to long to go upwards.

this is where maharba comes in.

any stage that has a platform solves this problem i found out. as you know we can WOI and be just above any platform (most noted are BF and SV, however based on the slant we can do this even at YI). well i happened to be juggling at battlefield at high percents during some friendlies, uthrow> WOI under a platform, then moved to chase him. now before i went up i waited just a few frames and then went forward and up after him quickly as you know is possible out of grounded WOI. so i use dair and he jumps and misses and out of reflex i jump and uair. i had my jumps out of grounded WOI.

i then tested this a bit and found that if you wait just a few frames before you start going skyward when you WOI under a platform, you will touch it with pit's feet and get wing refreshed. needless too say this finally makes it possible to QUICKLY chase people upward with grounded WOI with having to worry about losing our jumps and recovery.

im not taking credit for this as a new AT as it is just wing refreshing, but i do like to think i've found (or at least posted first) that this works out of grounded WOI under platforms. and thus i have achieved a goal. i have discovered 3 new things about pit that people didn't know/didn't post about. DACG, 2sjcus, and Mystic Wing Refresh. time to set a new goal that involves improving our metagame. what should i focus on next guys?
I've been using this mainly cuz of Undr's vids. He never jumped to activate WR so i figured as long as your close to ground your good(which is true) I also use WR right b4 i land cuz it counts that way as well. Thanks for posting though ;)

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I think I've seen this in a Youtube video but couldn't find it again: Is it possible to shoot one of Pit's arrows around in a 360, then use Angel Ring on that same arrow making it super powerful or something? Not 100% sure on this, and it's probably a gimmick, just wanted to check.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
should've used the QA thread. but yes and no. let me explain.

if you just loop the arrow and have it go through AR, it doesn't increase it's power at all. wat you are thinking of is when pit does that against any other character that is using a reflector. since pit's reflectors increase damage output, speed, and knockback, for some reason his reflectors are stronger than every other reflector so when the arrow bounces back and forth between them, after a little bit, the arrow will break the opponents reflector and be a massive damage OHKO move.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I don't think its that Pit's reflector is stronger, just the fact that it bounces back and forth that a fortunate amount of times that if Pit fires off the first arrow, the system breaking knockback lands on the opponent's reflector.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it could be because pit holds them out in front of him making it so that the arrow's hitbox can't get close enough. also though pit's reflectors are weird because they have more than just reflective properties when held out so that may contribute to it.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Nah, because the same thing happens when two Pits reflect an arrow back and forth. Pretty sure the spacies have the same properties reflector-wise.

Top Bottom