• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
NGCXX said:
Do keep in mind that you have to press X or Y, BEFORE you grab. It's much easier to just JC your grab with the control stick up tho.
Well duh you have to jump before you grab, isn't that why it's called a JC?! And Kyu, I know how to do it, I basically said that in my post. Not to be sarcastic or biting to either of you, but that was basically what I put in my first post. When I press X or Y, nothing happens, I don't jump OR JC the grab. That's what I was asking, why nothing seems to happen at all.

*still waiting for answers*

Tyson651

Smash Lord
sheikmaster101 said:
i've been playing smash bros for a while but i can't figure out how to catch items that are thrown at you. can someone help me.
keep in mind, its "a" on the ground, and "z" in the air.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
How do you recover quickly from attacks that send you flying? When I used to play computers they would INSTANTLY recover and hit me on the way down. How do you do that? Whenever I'm sent flying I won't be able to do anything but DI until the knockback was over.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
1o11oo1o11 said:
How do you recover quickly from attacks that send you flying? When I used to play computers they would INSTANTLY recover and hit me on the way down. How do you do that? Whenever I'm sent flying I won't be able to do anything but DI until the knockback was over.
push the controle stick left and right fast and you will git out of the spinning

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
Event Match# 35? Time for a Checkup
^Impossible.Any tips?^
And, I need help with getting Mewtwo, I really want him, but nothing works.I've been doing plenty of matches, and a lot of Super Sudden Death matches, but I can't seem to do it. Although sometimes I end the match, does that still count?

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Mach Rider said:
Event Match# 35? Time for a Checkup
^Impossible.Any tips?^
And, I need help with getting Mewtwo, I really want him, but nothing works.I've been doing plenty of matches, and a lot of Super Sudden Death matches, but I can't seem to do it. Although sometimes I end the match, does that still count?
i don't remember about the event (been LOOOOONG time since i don't play them), but here is a tip for getting mew2.

for every control you have in human and battle matches there well be some time until you reach mew2.

1 control : 20 hours
2 control: 10 hours
3 control: 6 hours
4 control: 5 hours

Now if you have all 4 controls on (well make 5 hours) set up a stock match (with 3 or 4 or even 1 stock), place it on any level that has no danger it it (like lets say hyrule castle or yoshi story or even fountain of dreams) then just leave it like that for 5 hours (don't turn of your GC, if you what turn of your TV wait like crazy until the time past, after sometime just play again, destroy all of the human players and see if the 5 hours have already past if not do the same thing until mew2 appears)

NOTE!!: don't turn off your GC, don't cancel the battle (or the minutes or hours were just useless, and never put pause (the game will not save any hour if you put "pause" the battle needs to be on), and no CPU.

theaftermath

Smash Cadet
im having trouble with Samus's superwave dash. i lay a bomb, i move to one side then quickly flick the joystick to the other side but i go nowhere, where am i going wrong with this?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
maybe ur timing is off,

check the super wavedash topic in the samus forums

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
Okurama said:
i don't remember about the event (been LOOOOONG time since i don't play them), but here is a tip for getting mew2.

for every control you have in human and battle matches there well be some time until you reach mew2.

1 control : 20 hours
2 control: 10 hours
3 control: 6 hours
4 control: 5 hours

Now if you have all 4 controls on (well make 5 hours) set up a stock match (with 3 or 4 or even 1 stock), place it on any level that has no danger it it (like lets say hyrule castle or yoshi story or even fountain of dreams) then just leave it like that for 5 hours (don't turn of your GC, if you what turn of your TV wait like crazy until the time past, after sometime just play again, destroy all of the human players and see if the 5 hours have already past if not do the same thing until mew2 appears)

NOTE!!: don't turn off your GC, don't cancel the battle (or the minutes or hours were just useless, and never put pause (the game will not save any hour if you put "pause" the battle needs to be on), and no CPU.
Darn, I only have 2 controllers, I might get some more soon.Thanks for the help, but I'd still like some help from someone who remembers Event Match #35 Time for a Checkup. I really need some help on it. I'd appreciate it soon please, thanks.

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
Well, I got Mewtwo now and I need Game and Watch so I can continue the Event Matches. I think you need to beat Target Test with every character...that's what I need help with. I can't beat Target Test with Roy, Pichu, Y. Link, Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Falco. I know that's a lot of characters, but I'd appreciate help with them. And I still need help with Event Match #35. Please help me quickly!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
to get game and watch just beat classic mode with every character, its faster.

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
spaceboy3379 said:
how do you do the Dr.Mario Target Test?
Do this: 1: Jump up and hit the moving Target. 2&3: Jump to the right on the platform shaped like a backwards "C", jump up and do an Up+B to destroy both targets(the one inside and outside the wall). 4: Fall down on the backwards "C" and hit the Target inside it. 5: Jump on top of the blue vertical thing(that the gray platforms go through), wait until the top gray platform is all the way out and use your Up+B on the Target and land on the top moving platform. 6&7: Jump back on top of the blue vertical thing and when the top gray platform is all the way out fall down to the last one and hit the Target above you and use a pill to hit the Target on the far left. 8: Go to the vertical moving platform on the far right and wait until it goes all the way down, then fall through it and quickly do an Up+B back onto it. 9: When the vertical moving platform goes all the way up, do an Up+B to the right and hit the far Target(be careful as you fall back down). 10: Go back to the platform you started on and fall below it and quickly do and Up+B to hit the last Target.---

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Highly experienced fox players - how do you go about combating a good peach effectively? Keep her in the air? Mind games? She by FAR gives me the most trouble.

rounder_nk

Smash Ace
i'm sure this has been mentioned before but what is the best way to pull off a ledge SH to dair with falco....

Mach Rider

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't anyone have tips for Event Match #35 Time for a Checkup?! I asked three days ago, but no answer. I really need some help! I am also having trouble with Event Matches 40 and up, but I might be able to figure those out, if anyone has info on any of these Event Matches please help!

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
Can we please answer Jumpfreak's question? My best friend says, and I quote:

"I don't seem to be good w/ anyone but Peach anymore... wonder why..."

Because Peach=Cheap and Fox=A ton harder to be good w/. I desprately need help with my button configuration when using Fox. If someone can help me here, splendid. If someone can direct me to a more specific thread, even more splendid.

I just need to know how to use the drill kick, shine, wd, drill kick, shine, etc combo more easily. My wd is a little slow and I have trouble L-Cancelling Drill Kick when it's actually hitting someone. I've seen MoFo do this all the time and I undertsnad I'm not that good, but I've been practicing a lot and don't seem to make any headway. Fox is awesome but he's so hard to be good with.

Tell me what buttons to practice, because my combos with fox are lot harder to input than my friend's C-Stick Down.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
MegaKirby9 said:
Can we please answer Jumpfreak's question? My best friend says, and I quote:

"I don't seem to be good w/ anyone but Peach anymore... wonder why..."

Because Peach=Cheap and Fox=A ton harder to be good w/. I desprately need help with my button configuration when using Fox. If someone can help me here, splendid. If someone can direct me to a more specific thread, even more splendid.

I just need to know how to use the drill kick, shine, wd, drill kick, shine, etc combo more easily. My wd is a little slow and I have trouble L-Cancelling Drill Kick when it's actually hitting someone. I've seen MoFo do this all the time and I undertsnad I'm not that good, but I've been practicing a lot and don't seem to make any headway. Fox is awesome but he's so hard to be good with.

Tell me what buttons to practice, because my combos with fox are lot harder to input than my friend's C-Stick Down.
Heheh, tell me about it. I felt the same exact way about L canceling that **** drill kick when actually hitting someone - it really did seem like I could practice and practice and still not make any head way. But alas, I'm finally able to do it fairly consistently. I was reading that it's easier to L cancel a short hop move by initiating the move with 'Z' and then pressing 'Z' again for the cancel. So like - short hop + down + two consecutive Z's. Haven't messed around with it yet, but it seems like it would be easier than using L or R to cancel such a quick and short move.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
samus is crazy but i cant seem to pull off the double missile is there a perfect way to do it.

Edit: how fast must you move ur hands cause maybe thats my problem.

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is really the right place to ask, but does anyone remember the 2v2 match in 2005 where ken and isai completley owned chillen and azen, ending in an unbreakable combo? Where can i get hold of it (im not on the hub, and if anyone could sent it to simply_smashing9@hotmail.com i'd really appreciate it.) thanks.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone give me a in-depth description of DI and how you do it? My friend wants to know and I'm not sure how to explain, I know that its holding a certain direction when you are sent flying but he doesn't understand by what I mean by that :'(

Thx NGCXX

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, you should read Yuna's character DI guide, somewhere here in Melee Discussion, it explains a lot. Also read Doraki's DI guide. Use search if you can't find em.

DiverDude

Smash Rookie
I figured it out by using roys big bomb sword thingy about 2 seconds after i typed that message. But do you have any suggestions to events 49 and 50. I am terrible with yoshi so i lose everytime i use the a down attack.

Bashe

Smash Rookie
Okay, in my quest to "get better", I need help with shield grabbing. I know, lame, but I just can't get the hang of it. I've been grabbing with Z so long and now I learned the benefits of R(L)+A and I'm trying to get used to it, but it's just akward for me. What can I do to get better with it.

roy2

Smash Apprentice
DiverDude said:
I figured it out by using roys big bomb sword thingy about 2 seconds after i typed that message. But do you have any suggestions to events 49 and 50. I am terrible with yoshi so i lose everytime i use the a down attack.
For 50 use ganondorfs up smash on master & crazy hand, its by far the easiest way. Not much advice i can give for 49. Just keep trying with your best character. i did it with Roy, get good with his combos and try with him maybe?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Bashe said:
Okay, in my quest to "get better", I need help with shield grabbing. I know, lame, but I just can't get the hang of it. I've been grabbing with Z so long and now I learned the benefits of R(L)+A and I'm trying to get used to it, but it's just akward for me. What can I do to get better with it.
u do kno u can press R/L + Z instead of A if u feel akward pressing A to shield grab.

dragonslayingmarth

Smash Cadet
for marth players i wanna ask how you double fair...wen i short hop i slide my thumb from left to right...(which means i have to quickly move my thumb bak right to left to hit A for the first fair)...i kinda have trouble...i was wonderin exactly HOW most of you marth players short hop in order to do double fair...thx in advance...i've tried searchin the forums already but none had the exact answer i was lookin for...(i kno its mainly preference but i want to find out a practical way b4 making a bad habit)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I short hop with the X button, and immediately switch to the direction pad + A. Also, when you're just beginning to double fair, try using Z instead of A. I find it easier, but if you play anyone with a grapple, don't get used to pressing Z in midair. I had to switch to using A cuz I kept on grappling with Samus when I wanted to sex kick. lol.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
dragonslayingmarth - i use "x" to jump and "a" to use fair

what i do is, i press jump and move my thumb over to "a" really fast and mash it until double fair comes out.

u just need to time the first fair fast while ur rising on ur jump, then ur second fair should come out easily.

and also keep in mind its harder to do it when u hit someone since theres a couple frames of lag after hitting something.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
use the shine, (downB) then jump right away, u should be able to get out of ur shine really quickly.

roytje92

Smash Cadet
You schould use Jigglypuff in event 51. You schould do sleepy(down+B) and you will beat them very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom