• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Get Kirby to keep using B and have someone else throw a pokeball next to him. If it's a bellossom, Kirby will just keep on sucking and not fall asleep unless you stop pressing B.

footnbaseball

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Luigiace
Emacee,
Jigglys rest move is a counter.
Rest on a bomb... it wont hurt you!
of course it wont hurt you. rest only works if the center of jiggs body is overlapping any part of the other persons body.

Luigiace

Smash Rookie
yeah, but the bomb blows up right on top of you, and it dosent hurt you.....
Thats what im gettin at

infinity

Smash Apprentice
Did your friend do anything different for that to happen or did he just pick it up?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was Link and as I used the boomerang I was hit by a shrink-mushroom. I didnt shrink and I was still holding the boomerang. I could do forward b but not throwing a boomerang. I tried out all of his moves and it was still there until I was injured.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
One of you said pulling out items with peach, all I can do is pull out turnips, how do you pull out a bomb omb or whatever?

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
Originally posted by Great Dabisu
One of you said pulling out items with peach, all I can do is pull out turnips, how do you pull out a bomb omb or whatever?
This has been taken out of the newer versions of the game, but it's a very rare occurence, almost as much so as the "uber turnip", or whatever it's called.

I was playing Slow-Mo Melee, Mario vs. Marth, although I don't think it really matters. Anyways, I picked up a hammer, and the music returned to normal about 5 seconds before the hammer actually wore off. Not sure if the opposite happens on Lightning Melee, as I haven't had the chance to test yet.

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
Originally posted by Great Dabisu
That is completely unfair! I bought the game right when it came out! I should get an uber everything.
Ok, then, you should have no problem getting it if you keep at it long enough.

Emacee

Smash Ace
Just keep wjoring out the veggie and you'll get one. I have version 1.2 and I got two uber veggies in a row!

As for what kind of veggies they are. Tehy are not turnips; they are daikan radishes. A large white Japanese radish that grow to be 8" thick and maybe more than two feet long.

ZorkFanDM

Smash Journeyman
Havent checked here until today and I had the same G&W glitch as Tavo a while ago on Mute City. It happened just at Link was hitting me with a sword and then a crate hit me and it was stuck to G&W.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This has been taken out of the newer versions of the game, but it's a very rare occurence, almost as much so as the "uber turnip", or whatever it's called.
Actually it hasn't been taken out. It's not a glitch, it's was intentional. My current SSBM is only 3 months old, it still has it. I have a friend who bought the game 2 weeks ago, and it has it. Why would that take something out that was intention and not a glitch. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways, to answer the question, pulling out the item's is completely randum, just keep pulling turnips out and eventually you will get one.

Have fun plucking.

strifer

Smash Cadet
I haven't read the whole glitch topic, so I'll post this one anyways.

Sometimes when I am playing my brother and am using Marth at the Kirby 64 stage, I do either the neutral a or tilt forward a and Marth slashes VERY slow compared to a normal swipe. It's just really lagged and looks weird and I believe it doesn't do any damage.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
This is taken from my post on GameFaqs, so no one thinks I am stealing, sorry for the spelling lol.

First there is the Yo-Yo Turnip, this can only be done on giant melee and throw a turnip with peach and catch it once, now keeping throwing it and hitting a and it keeps teleporting or coming back to you. This can be done until it disingrates. If two people are there they can both have two of them when only one is thrown. My theory on this since there is no big items, when a big turnip is made it has a larger grab area and it can be grabbed from further away.

The second isn't really a glitch but something extremely funny. It is the super toad. On Giant Melee, use peach and use her B-Toad Move, while someone is attacking you, toad will become extremeley large, but what is better having nothing but super mushrooms on Giant Melee. Then the toad is as big as a Snorlax. This can be done on tiny and isntead of growing, toad is so small you can barely see it.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
In Fountain of Dreams, when your character has their eyes closed, pause and look at the reflection. In the reflection, their eyes are still opened.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
My reflection on the fountain of dreams looks like crap. Its extremely blurry and I don't know how anyone would be able to make out someones face. Is it only in the newer ver. where it is cleaner?

veggieofDOOM

Smash Cadet
This is a glitch I've found that probably has been posted already, but is nevertheless funny.

1)Go to training mode
2)Peach for human
3)Use a super mushroom or poison mushroom
4)use down+B
5)wait for you to shrink/grow and viola! The veggie is still the same size! Grab a mushroom of the opposite effect, and you have either a mushroom as small as your hand, or a veggie as big as you!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is one I found with Falco and Pika/Pichu
Have Falco face away from Pika/Pichu and use down B. Have Pika/Pichu then use B. Falco should change directions. It might be have Falco looking forward, one or the other.

KillerPeach

Smash Rookie
Im pretty sure this is a glitch and if it is its a really cool on
this glich is for shiek
this works everywere and any time
charge up her daggers and then hit the sheild button then roll and now you can walk around and still be holding her daggers and you can throw them when ever you want

usea

Smash Ace
okay so..I was just playing me as fox vs cpu samus on the 3 platform yoshi level..playing around, trying to do some drill shines. I came down onto the right platform with a drill kick but missed samus and did a shine anyway. then I jumped to the right and landed on the main ground with a drill kick shine just fooling around, samus was still on the platform above me.

about a second after that, samus flew to the right, off of the level, and had to use her second and third jumps to get back. it was just like if you get hit by a car on onett and tech on your way past the platform on the right..after your tech animation, the inertia is still pulling you so you fly off the screen to the right. it looked similar to that except nothing hit samus at all. she didn't even flinch or tumble like something did. she didn't glow like she was hit with a shine either.

I'm sorry that I don't have a conclusion about what happened. I can't think of any unrepeatable glitches, so it probably wasn't "just the game glitching, or screwing up". if I knew more exactly what happened I am sure it could be repeated and figured out. oh well. sorry

bobfungus

Smash Apprentice
i do not know which versions this works on, but i have 1.2 so it would be safe to guess that the previous versions also have this glitch. choose mr. game and watch and another character, and use a stage with a slope on it. make sure your opponent has some damage so they won't break away immediately. have both characters stand on the slope, make sure mr. game and watch is facing away from the rise of the slope, then grab your opponent and bell slap them. each time you bell slap them, you and your opponent will slide up the slope, until you reach the top. the steeper the slope is, the faster the characters will ascend it.

ChaosMaster

Smash Rookie
more info on mewtwo freeze glitch

i see people have posted about mewtwo's freeze glitch (deflect red shell 5 times, confusion on bowser, then down throw on other person), and i found another glitch that happens as a result of this (it probably works with the ice climbers freeze glitch too). anyways, if you're doing this in training, attach the frozen bowser to get some combos built up, then go away and attack the bowser attatched to you. you should notice that the combos reset to 1. now go and attack the frozen bowser some more and the combos will resume where they left off.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by KillerPeach
Im pretty sure this is a glitch and if it is its a really cool on
this glich is for shiek
this works everywere and any time
charge up her daggers and then hit the sheild button then roll and now you can walk around and still be holding her daggers and you can throw them when ever you want
Sorry, but this is not a glitch

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's just a normal feature.

One time, I have no idea what went on, but i was in training mode, and my friend used his cape as mario (I was mewtwo), and the split second he did that, I hit confusion (>B) and we both went FLYING up like the Link Glitch. I wonder... =\

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Originally posted by Luigiace
Emacee,
Jigglys rest move is a counter.
Rest on a bomb... it wont hurt you!
It's not a counter. It just has a few invincibility frames.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't know if this was really a glitch or not but I was Samus fighting a level 9 Ganondorf and chose Brinstar Depths. After Kraid Rotated it 90 degrees to the left(with the top platform on the left now) I went under the thing sticking out of the"ground"(in this case wall). I started to press down B rapidly planting bombs. Ganondorf just tried to get me with his up B but always got hit. We continued the pattern until I fell buthit the "wall" below Ganondorf. I was preparing to fight him but I saw him being stupid still using the up B rapidly like up B, land, up B, land, while hitting the bump. I went up to the platforn and was facing right at Ganondorf laughing my head off while watching him do it over and over again. He just wouldn't stop. Then I shot a fully charged charge shot because it would go until the place rotated.

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
not really a glitch but..

it's just a little interesting...

if you use bowser bomb in areas that have a wall and an area that is smaller than bowser's butt to land on..

it will automatically cancel

try it on either side of the center building on fourside

or on either side of the middle part of peach's castle

or on that little platform in that small area on hyrule temple where there was a rumor that you could open that door

there will be 0 lag in those areas

other things that cancel in this area I noticed are..

ganon's down smash
CF's down smash
DK's down smash

there were some other ones too but I can't remember..

Emacee

Smash Ace
I'm trying to do that Easter Egg where when you hit Ness from above with PK thunder, he will have sparks going about his body.
I don't see any sparks. Something not right?

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
its just a few sparks from his body when you land on the ground, and it only lasts about 2-3 seconds

Top Bottom