• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

ericx2x

Smash Rookie
Mario can do six Jumps!!!!

Im not really sue how to do this but i saw it off a japenese site.
Ill try to tell u how to do it though

1.Go to special melee and go to the picture match thing.

2. Be Mario and go to Ness's second course(the one with the buildings.

3.Aqust the camera so it looks at the left side of the building with that machine caring thing on it.

4.jump off the course so mario is on the secreen

5.Quickly do ur second jump and make sue ur third jump makes it so u get righ between where there making the next floor.

6. If done right u should press left so Mario jumps off the wall.

7. U can do he rest of ur jumps to ge back on the course.

Sorta hard to explain so if anyone saw that japenese site can u help me explain it thx:D

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
My friend was fox and I was mario and we were on final destination. He was climbing back up from the side, but as he was crawling up, I caped him, and he was all of a sudden climbing up on the opposite side of the stage. Very cool! :D :cool:

Super Mecha Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Glitches Galore....

Glitch #1: Magic Blocks (Any mode)

Go to Mushroom Kingdom and destroy as many blocks as you can at one time or in a fast 2 hit combo, preferably using an item like a shell or hammer, all the blocks will turn into item blocks.

Glitch #2: Invisible platforms (Any Mode)

The best bet is the new Kirby stage or FD. Take any lvl 1 in a match and when their damage is high, meteor them to the far bottom corner of the screen. Sometimes, they will bounce off of something, tech, and grab the ledge!!!! One time on FD, I meteored Mario to the far right bottom, he suddenly flew up over the stage and floated down onto it like nothing happened eventhough he had 248% damage......

Glitch#3: The super elusive Spiny Shell! ( Multiplayer, time or stock match, and any melee mode)

It only works on Battlefield. I was fox in Multiplayer with 3 lvl 6's and was standing on the main floor. Mario just jumped down and I see this thing come at me so I turned the deflector shield, and deflected it back a little. Meanwhile Mario came running towards me and got hit by this thing, became stunned, and became a star. The same when I played as Yoshi with my friends. It appearently goes after the guy in 1st place and appears every 30 to 45 minutes because the first match was a neverending free for all, and the second match was in Giant Melee and a 20 life stock that took about 50 minutes. Also might have to do with how big your lead is....

It's your choice to believe these or not. But I have seen them.

Edit: one simple spelling error due to typing too fast for my own good.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't know if anyone posted this but I know how to make one or two Bowsers frozen in air. First try making one Bowser stuck on Mewtwo. Throw two other Bowsers down and they wil be frozen in air.
I got more than 2,000 combos in vs. mode fron doing it:chuckle:.

Fire Fox

Smash Journeyman
Floating latch

Go into Training and pick Young Link(you have to use Young Link, Link and Samus are too big) with anybody as the CPU. Select Peach's Castle as a stage.Wait until some buttons start to appear. You need to hit the button(blue?) that makes the block appear in the middle. Count to about 18 then jump up and press Z to make him latch on the block. If you counted right, the block should dissapear while he's hanging. Even after the block is gone he will still be hanging in mid-air. I found out that you discover many glitches because of boredome.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Well, I put this in another topic, but I guess I should put it here.

If Mewtwo Disables either Mario, Dr. Mario, or Luigi right when their jump punch activates, it'll send them flying vertically spinning round and round unless the Mario brother hits a button. In addition, despite the Mario brother being in the magnifier for a long, long time, they only take 1 point of damage total. Also, even though this disable glitch can make them go from the bottom of Hyrule Temple's "cave" all the way past the top into the magnifier, it won't kill them in other stages. Finally, when used at the top of Congo Jungle (new one), the Mario brother will go straight up as is expected, into the magnifying glass, but then shortly after the magnifier appears BELOW Mewtwo! And then it goes back to being above. Damage has no effect on the distance.

As far as I can tell, this move will automatically send a Mario brother high enough to be in the magnifying glass, but will never kill them. In addition, the time they spend in the air does not appear to vary depending on the stage.

Only thing is that this is pretty much useless in battle unless you're playing time and can stall the crap out of someone.

JD44c8/USA

Smash Apprentice
Here's one you might not have come across: In Adventure Mode (and probably in the others too, though it hasn't happened), if you grab a Warp Star star right before the match official ends, you should be warping out of the stage as the Stage Clear screen appears (basically, you're just a bit closer to the camera). If you did it right, you'll be able to zoom in and out on your character using the C-stick, which isn't normally possible. You can do it through the graying and blurring effects and behind the score information. Pretty cool.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
Re: Brinstar depths Glitch

Originally posted by Meowman
Whoever said PAL games don't have all the glitches was wrong, theres still plenty in there :)

This one is a doozy to pull off, although I've only done it with captain falcon.

1. Pick Captain Falcon, get the bunny hood as the only item and whatever computers you want (level1's are a good suggestion as they dont interrupt you, or have a team battle with a level 9 on your team)

2. Goto Brinstar depths, pick up a bunny hood and wait for the level to rotate so that there is a flat part.

3. Simply run with the bunny hood on and at random times you will fall through the level, to your doom.

As I say, it seems pretty random, but I've only done it with a bunny hooded Falcon.
This happened to me with fox, i was fighting mario, and i didn't have a bunny hood. I ran on a flat land, hit a bump and fell right through the stage! wierd...

Sacred Ice

Smash Journeyman
After reading the first paige I realised that most of these stuff isn't glitches, jusr battle scenarios (not all but most).

Formula

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by phrederick
With Peach's Down+B you can pull out a Mr. Saturn, a Bob-omb, or a Beam Sword. It's a very small chance though.:o
I don't think that's a glitch, it's a part of her normal move. Makes you...re-think her a bit? =]

Edit: Silleh me, didn't read the post above Phederick's. Sorry bout that.

FaxCo

Smash Cadet
This one is great. I don't know how many of you know about it. If you'd like to beat three DK's on Level 9 with a 9-1 handicap over you, just go to Hyrule.

You scurry down to the bottom (assuming you are vermin like Fox, you would scurry; otherwise run) where the little platform is off the edge on the right. Stand there and wait for them. When they come down simply stand near the left edge and block and they will fall to their deaths. I don't know why it works but it does. Good luck! (if you actually waste your time doing this)

Buzz Spendus

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anybody posted this yet but....

Pick any character (looks funnier with DK) and chose a level nine computer Fox.

Then choose Kongo Jungle (The one with the out-house) and stand on the platform all the way to the far right. If I'm correct, Fox should try to jump to the ledge but then freak out and keep dieing. It's funny when he keeps doing this and DK does his "I dunno!" taunt. :cool:

NukeA6

Smash Master
*Points to the 7 winged being in Buzz's sig*

Is that Sephiroth? sorry if it's off topic. I'm just curious.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
im not sure if anyone posted these yet but...

i dont know if you guys know this already but i'll post it up anyways.....

Infinite grab for falco: (this only works using falco against fox) All you have to do is walk up to fox, GRAB and throw down. Just keep repeating it over and over quickly until fox's % reaches around 60 then he is able to break out of it.

*this trick can also work on a human controlled fox.

Reflector Grab: (fox and falco) First use the reflector move, then immediately tap UP on the control stick then press the Z botton right after that. This seems to be better used with fox because falco's reflector sends the opponent flying upward.

Reflector illusion: (this is similar to the reflector grab)
First you use the reflector. Then immidiately tap UP on the control stick. *As fast as u can tilt FORWARD on the contol stick and press the B button to do the Fox illusion or Falco Phantasm

*Cancel Throw

*This trick can work with anyone if your using items or playing with peach, link or young link.

*run in any dirrection while holding a bomb,vegetable, or item.

*tap Up on the control stick or pres X or Y.

*immediately after that, smash the control stick left or right to cancel running and smash throw an item even to an opponent behind you!

EDIT: sorry all, I posted this in the wrong topic :o ...oh well But if any of these tricks work for you thats sweet

salaboB

Smash Champion
Would be nice to see actual glitches, a lot of the posts here (Good example, Peach pulling out random items) are pretty obviously game design and not an actual glitch.

Anyway, this one can actually come up quite often during game play (If you have anyone who plays Bowser that is) As Bowser, grab either Jigglypuff, or Game & Watch, and try his down throw on them. They'll wave their arms in terror, get hit and bounce out, and take no damage at all. I've never found a way to get this throw to hurt those two characters, it works fine on everyone else. His down throw is his most damaging throw (Just info on why it would be used)

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
Originally posted by salaboB
Anyway, this one can actually come up quite often during game play (If you have anyone who plays Bowser that is) As Bowser, grab either Jigglypuff, or Game & Watch, and try his down throw on them. They'll wave their arms in terror, get hit and bounce out, and take no damage at all. I've never found a way to get this throw to hurt those two characters, it works fine on everyone else. His down throw is his most damaging throw (Just info on why it would be used)
The same thing happens with kirby's forward throw against luigi, at least when I try it, except that they jump out of his arms as he's taking them down.

salaboB

Smash Champion
That's something about Kirby's throw actually, any character can pop out of his front or back throw while he's doing it.

With Bowser, Jiggly and G&W actually stay in the throw, get hit by it and bounced, but take no damage.

BwZ23

Smash Rookie
New grab attack?

Ok not a real big glitch and it may have been posted but here it goes:
Play Stamina mode and pick either Link or Shiek and get your opponent's hp down to 1 or 2. Once you have done that grab your opponent and press down (elbow drop or knee drop) and the opponent will die/knock out but you will not have done the full move. Instead you will look like you canceled a grab. This is because those two moves deliver two sets of damage.

This trick also works with: Bowser's ^ A grab, Cpt. Falcon's ^, >, and < grab. Ganondorf's ^, >, and < grab, falco and fox's shooting grabs, ness's down grab, Zelda's down grab, Ylink's down grab, pichu and pikachu's ^, >, and down grabs, Jiggly's down grab, and Mewtwo's down grab.

Unegged: Pick yoshi and any other character in Stamina mode. Get your opponents hp to 1-4. Turn your opponent into an egg and if the move makes him get 0 hp he will not come out in a yoshi egg shell.

Dismojoe

Smash Apprentice
Pink Bomb: Chose Link and Fox. Have Fox continually hold his reflector while Link throws a bomb at the reflector. Catch, throw, catch, throw, etc. The time period between the throwing and catching has to be very small. If you do this enough the bomb will turn pink and stay pink if you keep throwing.

Falco Illusion

Smash Cadet
Chose Peach, and go to the Hyrule stage. Stand next to that passsage that lets you go to the bottom floor, at an angle that a turnip can hit that wall (in the passage way). Throw the Turnip, it will bounce of the wall and go threw the rest of the stage, and even goes through characters :)

Cort

Apple Head
Mewtwo double jumps through land

Go to training mode, select marth or roy to be you, vs. a computer mewtwo. select hyrule temple.

ko the mewtwo and when he goes back on the recovery platform let him fall down and let him stand (make sure he is set to stand.. >_>; )

press start and set mewtwo's percent to 999... now with marth or roy stand to the left of mewtwo, facing right at him. with marth just tap b, slightly charge it or fully charge his shield braker. with roy, just tap b. mewtwo will go right, hit off the wall, go left and down into the bottom part of the level, and then double jump right through the left part of the stage. it sometimes doesnt work, i.e. you kill mewtwo with your b attack or he just stands to the right after hitting the wall and doesnt go anywhere.

try it out, its.. interesting. O_o:D

Bamm423

Smash Rookie
Glitch: Spinning Pichu:
Go to training mode. Select Pichu as a training partner. Select the Yoshi's Story stage and begin. Set the Pichus on walk. Once they get on the block, push them and it will start spinning until you hit them off.

-Bamm423
bamm234@yahoo.com
(260)483-8065

Bamm423

Smash Rookie
Glitch: Announcer mistakes:
Play as Zelda and turn to Sheik before the announcer says "GO". After the beginning of the fight, turn into Zelda and win the fight. If done correctly, the announcer will say "This game's winner is Sheik!", but Zelda will be doing the victory dance.

-Bamm423
bamm234@yahoo.com
(260) 483-8065

PolyCabeza

Smash Apprentice
someone's probably already done this, but oh well, i'm too lazy to read through all the "glitches." ok, go to final destination and pick sheik and mario/doc. hang on the edge with sheik and do sheik's corkscrew recovery attack while mario/doc capes him... if done correctly, sheik will end up on the other side of the stage while doc is still at the previous side of it

Mario 64 Master

Smash Journeyman
Here's a glitch that I found a month or 2 ago:

Go through the wall in Ganondorf's BtT level

Go to Ganondorf's BtT level.
Jump to the left platform.
Face left and do your Up B from the ground into the spikes above you on the small horizontal ceiling part.
Time it so you get hit by the spikes right as a moving platform is below you.
As you bounce back to that moving platform, use a tech roll to the RIGHT. (This means press right + L as you hit the platform)
The platform will be moving fast, so as you are still rolling to the right on the right side of that platform, you will go right through the left wall. From there, you can jump from platform to platform, die off the left side of the level, or jump back through the spikes. I have a video of it somewhere, so I'll see if I can post it here later.

sheldass

Smash Rookie
ok there are two glitches i am about to say

1.get young link or somone who can hang onto the bricks in mushroom kingdom. jump up and hookshot onto one of them asnd while your hanging have someone else bust the brick and you will still hang in the air.

2.get samus and go to hyrule temple also have maro as a partner. go to bottom part. go to the left side. have samus hang on the spike the goes down from the side,you'll know wut i mean when u go there. while hes in the air have mario cape him he will fall and still be hanging in thin air. also works with link/young link but the go flying into oblivion

symnzXx

Smash Cadet
Here's an actual glitch. Not just a common game occurance.

Glitch: Invisible Proximity Mines:
On the Mute City level, grab a proximity mine and throw it down on the platform. When the platform stops and goes underground, the proximity mine will go under also, completely consealing it. It will still explode when someone walks on it though.

smash ronin

Smash Rookie
luigi trick

1. pick two luigis and any stage.
2. have one luigi jump up and do up+b
3. have the other jump up right after and hit the first one with up+b also.
4. the first person will be able to use up+b again so use it and then the other person will be able to again.
5. Keep doing this and if you time it right where they dont hit eachother with a direct hit for a while their out of screen bubbles will appear on the bottom of the screen.
you cant die unless someone hits with a direct hit

Slayer Link

Smash Journeyman
Pick Mewtwo and Zelda and Termina Bay. Have Zelda stand at the place of the sign and mewtwo at the platform below. Jump up with mewtwo and do confusion (forward +B). U will pull Zelda through the platform.

Pick Falcon. Don't know if this is a glitch but i'll tell anyway. Do his forward B while you are close to a wall so that he will 'punch' the wall. After you hit the wall you can immediately do another forward B. Haven't tried this with an enemy by the wall..... yet.

Dismojoe

Smash Apprentice
Slayer I do't know what version your playing on but it doesn't work with my version(first one).

Capt_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Yet another Brinstar Depths glitch

Ok this is a bit difficult to explain, but it works with everyone. You know the platform above and to your left at the start? Wait until Kraid rotates the place anticlockwise (or clockwise loads) until it is in the very bottom left. Go down there when this happens and you should notice there's a light above you, just jump up and for some reason, you'll go through the level, you can easily jump up again and attack anyone up there without them being able to get you, that is until Kraid revolves the platform.

snex

Smash Master
i dunno if anybody has encountered this before, but it was definately the first time i had seen it. i was ice climbers on corneria, and i was on the back part of the ship by the hangar. i did an ice shot (neutral B) and one of the icicles became stuck in the floor of the stage and never disappeared. it just went back and forth over and over. my guess is that it hit the bug in the stage where characters can fall through the ship, only since it was a projectile that glides along the ground it got stuck inside and just kept going. anybody else seen this or something like it before? it would be really interesting if you could get things like pokemon stuck in there.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
TURNIP SHIELD

:crazy: OH S*** MY BROTHERS JUST INVENTED A NEW GLITCH! My big bro was peach and my lil bro fox on Venom my big bro threw a turnip and my lil bro reflected it and it just like stood there. It stood frozen in the air. My big bro (Floater on the boards)called it the Turnip Sheild cause u cant get close cause itll hit u as if he threw it at u. And Yes u can catch it after u threw it and keep on putting it different places as TURNIP SHIELD! YES AFTER 8000 VS MATCHES WE FINALLY DISCOVERED A GLITCH!!!!!! :crazy:

I would just like to give this credit to my big bro Anthony his board name is Floater.

Dave aka KOGA

Capt_Falcon

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of that turnip thing happening on Final destination before, I'd imagine you could maybe line them up in a row, which would more likely than not mean you can't fight on the ground any more. Imagine how bad that'd be with the death veggies!

Heres a graphical glitch for you, simply pause the game when someone dies, the little "sparkles" from their percentage disappearing is on the screen! Another graphical glitch that doesn't really have a point either is getting a star and standing on Mute City's road, it just looks.... wrong.

Brinstar depths holds another graphical glitch with 2D sprites, whenever Kraid is making lava fly about, it will ALWAYS appear above any other 2D sprite. I have YET ANOTHER one for Brinstar Depths, although I'm not sure how I did it, I think you just need to pause at the right time or something, but I managed to pause & zoom in when I died and rotate the camera around and under the lava. I think it's because the camera there is so close to the bottom, because sometimes people get stuck down there and the camera needs to show them.

That's a lot of small and pointless ones, but thats all that I can remember. I'll try and remember more. All of those work in the PAL version.

EDIT: I got another one, I was mucking around with bombs with Pichu, and I found out that if you use Pichus down smash on top of bombs, you don't recieve the effect of the bomb. It's especially funny if theres 4 of them lying around beside one another and theres people nearby, everyone but Pichu dies. It also works on bombs that are walking towards you if you time it right. Although I haven't tried it with any other explosives IE. mines, capsules, crates etc.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Today I was playing as Marth against Pikachu on Battlefield. We were on the right side of the screen with me on the platform and Pika on just barely underneath it to the left.

I jumped and did a backflip, and started charging my shield breaker as I fell. Pikachu meanwhile fired his little thunder bolt that bounced along the platform. When I, still charging my attack, and the thunderbolt met on the edge of the level, we both froze for a second or two and flashed kinda wierd. It was the strangest glitch I've seen yet. Anyone else seen this one?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Glitch

I was playing on Onnet (Super Sudden Death, 2.0, andicap:1, bob-ombs) when I was smashed through the ground! It was awesome. I got killed, but oh well. (It acted like it was an edge, I could'nt get back up and I lost a life:eek: !

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Some top-tier glitches!

Marth's/(Roy's) up+B can hit the opponent while sending the user in the opposite direction if you push the control stick in the opposite direction instantly after executing the move.

On some edges (Sheik has to be all wobbly and ready to fall off) Sheik can use the Vanish technique w/o causing the initial blast and just teleport. Not useful but the next is...

If you make Sheik run off an edge and use the Vanish technique and make it go in the direction you are facing (and do it right), there will be 2 explosions (BOTH damaging) and the vanish manuever is extended. You'll know you're doing it right if you try on Battlefield and perform it using the lower 2 platforms. Sheik should pop, spin, and pop again, then reappear on the adjacent platform. Some of you Sheik users could work this into your strategies and do some weird things.

Top Bottom