• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I mastered a few glitches

Ive mastered Links glitch moves. The one where he lays his bomb on the ground, but when I tap the bomb it does roll but it doesnt do any damage to your opponent like I saw in the vid.

I mastered Links hookshot and boomerang special. Some call it aerial bomb raid. While links hangin with his hhokshot and the boomerang hits him and he goes flying up. But this doesnt always work, you have to have perfect timing with the boomerang. The boomerang has to come in the right direction otherwise he will just edge hog when the boomerang hits him while he cliffhangin with the hookshot. Does anyone know how to make it work all the time without edgehogging, at times?

EDIT: I figured out the bomb roll. You got to be on a different piece of ground for it to work. Like in Yoshi's Island with the pipes, and smily blocks thingies. You got to be on the grass or hill, then since you do bomb roll ur opponent has to be on a different structure of land for it to do damage to ur opponent. You cannot do it in Final Destination though because its just one flat piece of land. :chuckle:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Screw attack

I went to this japan sit for SSBM vids. And with the screw ball item, Roy used the screw ball more than twice, like 9 times, and he KOed the opponent just by doing that. Im not sure how to do it. Does someone know how to do this with Infinite Screw attacks?

Emacee

Smash Ace
Originally posted by CosmicSlice
its just a few sparks from his body when you land on the ground, and it only lasts about 2-3 seconds
Sometimes they will stay there a for prolonged amount of time. I've seen it happen.

Jasona

Smash Ace
I was on that battle...something level playing against a cpu ganondorf. Ganon used his up+b from one of the middle platforms, heading towards the top platform. I, as samus, dropped a bomb in front of him, in the air. When the bomb exploded, ganon warped to the position he started the up+b at.
To the best of my knowledge, it is a glitch. Although I do not know if it is a reoccuring glitch.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
Ok that Japanese video with Roy and the screw ball, Roy uses the screw ball twice and lands on the little platform real fast and continues then up b's him. It is like 4 times, if that is the right video.

FalcoXIII

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I'm posting it anyway. =P

Two of my friends and I were playing in Hyrule Temple. They used Falcon, Fox, and I used Falco. We were fighting on the bottom level, and they continuously juggled me so I kept bouncing all over the place until my damage was 300%+. Well, on the little slope leading down to single platform, I was struck against the angled roof of that slope, and subsequently went through the stage. Thankfully, I pressed L so when I "hit" the ground, I did the roll and stopped. They think I cheated.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Ok, this happened to me a few days ago.
I was playing against a Luigi Computer, on Mute City.
It was at the first part, where the banner at the top says GO.
As the platform began to rise.. The Luigi comp stayed on the ground. As you know the floor does around 20% and knocks you up. Well the luigi comp already had alot over damage.... Over 100% or 150% When the floor switched into damaging mode, the luigi comp was hit up off the ground, but on a very little amount, and fell back onto it. Knock up a little, then fell back onto it again. It didnt bounce high enough to land on the platform, he was below that each time he bounced from the damaging floor. This repeated about 8 times. When it got to the next area he had over 300%.

Low knockback from the floor over 150% is what im curious about......

Do you know what happened?

Thanks.;)

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
I found out it is possible to do the Mr. Game & Watch oil panic trick without using Ness' PK Cross. I use G&W and caught two charges from the super scope and one from Bowsers breath. (I know how it looks but we were using sucky characters for fun.) I used it on two people, bowser blocked and got his shield broken while C. Falcon got blasted away. It might of just been the combination but there must be more than one way.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
Hm... I am guessing you have never seen the glitch where G&W goes flying off the screen once he uses his oil panic with Ness' PK Cross, I feel sorry for you.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
What are you talking about....?
Yes, I have seen it, Yes I have done it....
I was being sarcastic, acting like I never knew you could catch things with G&W's bucket......

I guess it was over your head...

:newbie:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I've had so much fun with the Mewtwo glitch...if this has been posted before, I'm sorry.

Once you have glued Bowser to M2's body, press start and make two other Bowser's appear. Grab them and throw them, and they don't go anywhere, but float in the air, in the "hurt" pose. Grab him again, and you can move him around the screen using throws!! I happily decorated the Dreamland 64 stage with paralyzed, floating Bowsers. (Creepy!)

And what's more, whip him with your tail, and he'll change position! You can now make interesting "Siamese Bowsers" or amazing "twin syncrhonized Bowsers" or a work of art that I like to call "frozen, paralyzed Bowsers playing footsies"

It's fun, try it!

You can un-freeze the Bowsers by hitting them with a hammer, throwing explosives at them, and perhaps something else as well, I'm not sure.

Edit: actually, you have to down throw them. And what's more, do this trick with Gannondorfs!! Place them together and use M2's Nair on them, and they come out doing all sorts of strange things. I did it, and one Gannondorf was riding the other like a model rocket ship! I did it again, and they locked noses! HHAHAHA!!:chuckle:

What's more, throw a freezie at them, and they'll be permenantly frozen. You can then get a Lip's stick and grow big flowers from the iceberg, and they never fall off! Who says plants don't grow well in cold temperatures!?

homeless hobo

Smash Rookie
wondering

this has happened a few times and i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this.

Many times in HRC and a few in VS mode. Sometimes after a BD I would hit the bag with an attack. You would see the green flash and the damage would be done, But it acts as if i never hit him. They don't flinch or anything. Just take damage.

homeless hobo

Smash Rookie
no not a good thing cause its while im doing a BD.

Instead of spiking it, nothing happens, so the bag flies away.

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
Hey Rockcrock I thought that you didn't understand my post and thought all I was talking about was catching projectiles was a glitch.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Hobo: They're called phantom hits. I get them every so often too. Basically, if you hit with the VERY edge of your attack, the attack will do about half damage and have no knockback.

ImSleepwalking

Smash Rookie
Plsy as any character and a level 9 comp. Fox (Falco may work too, but I don't know). Go to Jungle Japes and KO the comp once. While they are reviving, go to the far right of the stage and stay there When the comp. rivives, it sometimes jumps right off the revival platform. The jump stops over the hole in the stage, and the comp will not use the Up-B move until it is lower than the stage. It will try to go up to the left, but will get caught underneath the stage and die. I did this once in a time battle, and I won 2 to -12.:chuckle: :crazy:

CosmicSlice

Smash Apprentice
phantom hits are only good given the right time and super luck. like my cousin was finishing a strat with yoshi, accidently did a BT-up, but it was a phantom, so he swing and got a new record =)

on the other hand, getting phantom swings at good percents is NOT good.

the worst idea ever : phantom peach bomb throw in HRC O_O

Ice Mario

Smash Rookie
Hmm a phantom hit bomb, I can see that happening but most strats end up with peach right next to the bag. So I'm not sure if its possible using the WR strat.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question..I was playing a friend the other day on corneria....I was fighting his samus with roy and somehow from around the middle of the stage I fell right through and died after samus hits me with her bomb....has this happend to anyone else? And if so what caused it?

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
has anyone ever experienced the Game and Watch fireflower glitch?

I was spraying a fireflower and somehow I did my over B hammer and the flower got suspeneded in mid-air spraying everywhere, it would do no damage and disspeared after about 30 seconds

Cybermg

Smash Rookie
Hey Ice Mario :p

Interesting stuff I've discovered:

-Invicibility bypass...there's a topic here on it...
-Yoshi egg roll glitch: Yoshi's egg roll is incapable of hitting the same character/object twice while moving in the same direction. You normally don't see this in battle, but there's something you can do in HRC to see it...

-Get the bag to ~70%...
-BT up, egg roll into the bag...bag hits bat and flies right...
-Keep rolling to the right...

The bat should knock the bag over and in front of Yoshi's egg roll...and since the egg roll already hit the bag (right before the bat hit), Yoshi will travel through the bag...

And something many people probably know about...

-Top of IC level: If you keep jumping up in the adventure mode level, you'll reach the top and it'll stop scrolling...

Kakashi

Smash Apprentice
I didn't read all of the replies so I don't know if this was posted, but here:

Link Glitch on Final Desitination:

1- Choose Link and go to Final Destination (best if done in training mode. that way you won't have any interferences.

2 - Go to the edge of the platform and down throw the boomerang.

3 - Quickly turn around and jump backwards off the platform.

4 - Use 'Z' to shoot your hookshot at the bottom of the platform and hang-on.

5 - If done correctly, the boomerang should hit you to the very top of the stage, and you can float across while throwing bombs, etc.

keyblade master

Smash Rookie
Don't know if this was posted before but...

Young Link's Fire Sword
Sometimes when you do Young Link's sword plant (air vB) when it hits someone they catch on fire. I'm not sure if it does extra damage or not.

Feyd

Smash Cadet
?!?!

WHAT IN THE NAME OF SMACK! I was playing with my friend on corneria. I was Falcon and he was falco. We were battling on the right side of the ship, right next to the fin. He hits me into the wall or something and then something very odd and crazy ******** happens... I'm not entirely sure what the heck happened but I seemed to FALL THROUGH THE SHIP?!?! I was right in the corner and he hit me and I fell right through it. I was tumbling and I couldn't recover...because I was under the actual ship. I guess it was kinda like a one time deal because we play that level all the time but that has NEVER happened before(and I hope it never happens again...). Anyhow I was wondering if anyone has ever had anything similar to this happen? I mean, disjointed hitboxes, shadow-hits, alright I'll buy that but I actually went through a seemingly solid object. I am totally telling the truth here, I'm not making this up. I don't know how but I really did go throught he ship itself...amazingly ********..cost me the match, too...

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea don't worry the same thing happend to me..only difference was that I was on the middle of the ship when I fell through

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Hello!

I cant believe no one has posted this yet:

:starman: KIRBYS FOREVER FREEFALL :starman:

-Select training mode
-Pick the IC's as your punching bag
-Select Flatzone
-set damage to around 300
What you want to do is to KO Popo so that he flies of the screen, then pick up Nana and use up throw. If Nana disapears when kirby is off screen Kirby will start to fall for a LONG time. Kiby will even start to appear on the BOTTOM of the screen!! :eek: :crazy:

:cool: 1st post! W000t! :newbie:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Er why are people mentioning things mentioned before? The Jigglypuff being immune to bowser's down throw is already known plus it works with Mr. Game & Watch.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
WHOOHOO! I DISCOVERD A GLITCH!!

:starman: A WAND TOO LITTLE :starman:

Sometimes when you throw the star rod part of it gets stuck in the stage. I tried it Final Destination in traning mode. All you have to do is to keep creating Star Rods and then start throwing them next to each other. Some of the wands will be shorter. I am not sure if it works on any other stage though...

Great Dabisu

Smash Cadet
Well the flying into the stage is caused by having high percentage and being hit, instead of flying off the screen you are flying into the stage. So however far you would fly from the hit you would do that into the stage maybe rolling into a corner.

Some guy on gamefaqs.com posted this. Basically get a character on Adventure Mode on the first stage, go to the end and do nothing but shield breaks until the time is about to run out and finish the stage. If you did it a good amount of times, you will get a negative score, and rack you up to 999999999 or something. I didn't save it because it would look bad on my record like a gameshark or something. I might try doing that for every character and seeing my max total score =). Also another glitch which this guy said was get jiggly puff and shield break, you will go flying off the stage, and pause it while your like you were hit with a meteor attack, away into the back. You will zoom in to jiggly puff, when it should just stay the same. You can see the level from some pretty wierd angles. I have tested both of these and they work.

Finally I saw this one video, where it was on training mode, and it was Ice Climbers human and Mewtwo CPU, and Mewtwo was frozen in the air, and you could so some cool stuff. I was just wondering how you did this. I also saw another video I downloaded using DC++ (awesome file sharing program) on the Smash Bros. Video Hub. But the file was wierd it was just 4 players moving the icons around on the character select and it had music playing and sound effects would start playing, supposely because of the locations of the icons. I have no idea what this is, can anyone confirm this. And can anyone tell me how to do the IC glitch with mewtwo?

pHeNIx(CRIS)

Smash Rookie
ive have seen this glich befor but do not know how to do it, samus lays down a series of bombs wile hoping backwards and then sudenly hops foward inches from the ground very fast. its like a super wavedash or sumthing. ifu know about this, plz reply. thx

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The Ice Climber glitch is discussed in another topic or something but I had heard it. Something about using Nana the Pink one to grab an opponent while Popo the blue one use up tilt attack. I didn't see it myself. The sound effect could have been fake because I never witnessed it but you can try it to see if it's true. Sorry for the spamming.

Top Bottom