• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** Official Ganondorf Video Thread (Updated 4/15) ***

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
humm.
On the one hand, they really nerfed his jab on speed... big time.
this could actually turn out to be a pretty big nerf.

On the bright side, it is no longer a jab. Ganon now palms you... thats right, ganon now has a move called "face-palm"

the Up tilt looks like an improvment. it sucks people in and... is it chargeable?
on second thought, perhaps that was his up smash. His UPtild seems to be at 0:28
I don't call that a "face-palm" move. I call that a "Slap a *****" move. Which is even better and work perfectly with his "Sucking crotch" move.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I highly doubt it will.

anyways, please Look at the vids that have already been posted before you post a new one.
agreed. i'm seeing multiple people posting the same video, but i'm only crediting the first person who posts the link. posting a video that's already posted/on the list doesn't do anything for anybody.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ew, Still has his old move set. Well, eat least there's a few tweaks here and there. Like the animation of Warlock Punch looks cooler.

Gotta love his TP voice too. Makes him sound like a maniac.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
This makes me ill. Of all people to smash with the nerf bat, why Ganondorf?

Eh, this just means I'll have to totally rethink how I play the guy, that's all...

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I do like the whole wizard punch/kick style but I do wish they would have shown him in his actual sword-fighting form.
oh well. i'm just glad he made it back :D

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I do like the whole wizard punch/kick style but I do wish they would have shown him in his actual sword-fighting form.
oh well. i'm just glad he made it back :D
yeah, i'm not super disappointed with his moves. his warlock punch has a definitively Ganondorf style to it, and his side B just looks cool. his up+b and wizard's foot are mildly disappointing, but his Final Smash is great. i'm sure he'll still be one of my mains.

and on another note, in the admittedly small collection of videos we've come across, it seems that NOBODY knows how to play Ganondorf. it makes me really want to play these guys on WiFi and show them how to really use the Triforce of Power.

Magus420

Smash Master
I don't even know how you would play him without being able to l-cancel since his aerials were the core of his game. Maybe he has some good autocancels on some of his aerials off shorthops or something. Either way, I'd imagine it'd be pretty different from melee.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's >B is way cooler now. It's like a Shang Tsung Choke Slam, and it acts far different.

I think Sakurai ran the better course by keeping Ganondorf fundamentally similar. I would have been a little upset to see him use his sword and not have an all-powerful warlock punch. "Luigified" looks like the best word to describe his change :)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ganon's sideB is much worse, even if it does look cooler.
you cant combo with it anymore.

"Luigified" implies that its just different... but no, "worse" or "nerfed" would be a better way to describe ganon then "different or "Luigified"

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I am overall very pleased with the new roster...

Ganondorf however is a huge disappointment for me... I was expecting a really badass TP with sick attacks...

His new design is AWFUL IMO... he looks really really awkward while running... and his A attacks are pretty lame as well...

*sigh* at least everyone else was made to look awesome...

err

Smash Journeyman
yea im just hoping he maims with those aerials. he looks like he's got a big enough ***** shoved up his bum to share the pain

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
L-Cancelling was never removed. His aerials will still benefit from L-Cancelling because it's still in the game, though performed differently. Fast Fall, then use your attack to L-Cancel. Remember, L-Cancelling stands for Lag-Cancelling, not the shoulder button. I'd expect you to know that already, since you have a 2000+ postcount.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
But most reports have said that its officially out. L-Canceling....

Hmmm down b in the air is a pure downwards motion now, looks hard to recover from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3koW8W2hMco = 55 seconds. Also, this video doesn't seem to give ganon any super armour during b attacks

Look, we see many new changes to ganon, and it seems his slower, gained a large amount of lag, and doesn't have super armour even on neutral b. So far its really been all negative.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's times like these I think Sakurai was 100% oblivious to the Smash Community and the tier list...

We could have an unbalanced game again.

It's like Sakurai thought Ganon was way too powerful. I bet he's not very good at Smash Bros. :rolleyes:

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hmmm down b in the air is a pure downwards motion now, looks hard to recover from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3koW8W2hMco = 55 seconds. Also, this video doesn't seem to give ganon any super armour during b attacks
Dude, i already posted that vid.
L-Cancelling was never removed. His aerials will still benefit from L-Cancelling because it's still in the game, though performed differently. Fast Fall, then use your attack to L-Cancel. Remember, L-Cancelling stands for Lag-Cancelling, not the shoulder button. I'd expect you to know that already, since you have a 2000+ postcount.
http://captmac.deviantart.com/art/Frustration-73042983

Slow, but he's luigified rather than cloned, always good.

see above link.
Luigi was made different from Mario, some improvements, some disimprovements.
but ganon is worse in almost all respects. slower without any real benifits. the only real improvement they made, was he just looks more badass.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't look more badass. He even lost the lightning on the stomp. Playing Ganondorf against the billions of foxes, shieks and marths was a struggle before, but this just makes NO sense at all. It's almost like Sakurai looked at Melee and was like WHOA he has a punch that can deal 30 damage! GET THE NERF BAT!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I think it is more likely that he took a look at ganon and CF and saw them as too similar.
then he looked at ganon with the TP model ant the actual ganon.

then he thought, wow, Brawl ganon is way too fast compared to the TP ganon we modeled him after. lets make ganon more like the TP ganon and less like Melee ganon.

... I have been extreemly excited about brawl since day1.
I bought the Wii for Brawl. I would have a 360 right now if it had not been for my excitement for competive brawl.

but now that the game is actually out. and we are hearing about the lack of Lcancel and other completive aspects... Im starting to wish I had gotten the 360 for orange box/mass effect/ halo3

MeLeo

Smash Cadet
He doesn't look more badass. He even lost the lightning on the stomp. Playing Ganondorf against the billions of foxes, shieks and marths was a struggle before, but this just makes NO sense at all. It's almost like Sakurai looked at Melee and was like WHOA he has a punch that can deal 30 damage! GET THE NERF BAT!
I lol'd @ that last sentence.

Look at the first few second of this video, the guy tries to Dair with Ganon on SandBag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNACWMPfW5o
Besides the more than double lag his Dair was dealt, no electricity, and no awesome "dshzzz" sound, do any of you notice that his entire upper body (as well as his arms) do not really move when he executes it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q
Lmao @ Ganon and Link at the beginning and end.
Well, um, at least Ganon has a great FS?... :ohwell:

Even though Sakurai decided to kill a part of my soul by brandishing his NERF BAT on Ganon, I will try my absolute best to use him well.
And I don't mean in FFA with items like 99% of the current Brawl YouTube videos are.

Do any of you think Sakurai might release a custom patch to re-add L-Cancelling?
Or am I just in denial?

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that either Sakurai releases patches to fix things that aren't fun and encourage imbalance. If Brawl's characters seem redonkulously lopsided in favour of his idiot kirby gang... I dunno. Feed him to rats or something.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
we need someone to make a video showcasing his taunts. so far i've only seen the one with the sage's sword....and it's pretty badass.

EDIT: looks like i spoke too soon. i highly recommend checking out this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DptvSTEsU starting at about 8:05. slow-motion closeups of most of ganon's moves, including taunts.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
added a new video to the front. it show BOTH of his new up+B properties. also, he does a reverse Gerudo Dragon into a short-hopped B-air. mindgamez.

Top Bottom