• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Durango/Farmington and Surrounding Areas

Duha

Smash Journeyman
WELCOME TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED DURANGO/FARMINGTON THREAD

Old Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=65814

Mission:
To become the best small town smash scene in the US.

Current Events:
Smash Fest
Saturday 4/21 1PM
2903B Richard Dr
Durango CO 81301
303 596-9128 Michael
Celebrate Gwens graduation and send Gwen Duha and Jared off for good last chance to play all of the Durnago top smash players.

Current rankings:
1 Duha 35
2 NIN9 25
3 Zenjamin 24
4 BUZ 7
4 ECO 7
6 Ryu 6
7 BBQ 4
7 Comodore Cause 4
9 Darth 2
10 Pugboy 1
10 Terror Hawk 1
10 Phillip 1
10 Pistachio 1
10 KAM 1
10. HIUS 1

My opinion on rankings
1 NIN9
2 DUHA
3 Zenjamin
4 ECO
5 Ryu
6 Comodore Cause
7 BBQ
8 BUZ
9 Darth
10 Pugboy

Don't get mad this is my opinion Buz you should go up two spots to three if you only had confidence in yourself I really think you are better then them but you just put yourself down to much.

Last Tourney Standings:
1. DUHA
2. Zenjamin
3. 3CKO
4. BUZKIL
5. BBQ
6. KAM
7. RYU
8. Jared
9. Darth Brittinias
10. HAIS

SMASH CREWS:
DSC(Durango Smash Crew)-Textbook Ninja, MOGO, NIN9, DUHA, ZENJAMIN, BUZKIL, BBQ, ECO, RYU, PUGBOY

This page will be edited very often so always check the first page for current events in the 4 corners area. If anyone wants me to add anything post it and i will decide if it is worthy of being added to the front page.
-Duha

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
first post! this THURSDAY we (GWEN, CHRIS , & I) will be smashing and playing some halo. who is willing to join?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
No problem thanks B-Will for trying ill make sure i got everything off we need

Duha

Smash Journeyman
\
although the general opinion was that i should try other characters everyone told you to drop it. you need to quell your urge to start a verbal battle when its obvious someone else doesn't want to meet you on those grounds.
my bad you are right but i was fired up thats all

the fun factor of smash comes not from your character, but the friends you play it with. ganon has never failed me in that regard, but tonight you did.
exactly fun of smash comes from what friends you play with everyone is getting bored with ganon it is becoming very boring to play you cause ganons move set is so small. I try to pull of crazy rest stuff just to keep it fun for me. everyone else is getting tired of him as well if you don't belive me ask them.

you ranked me as 3ed best in the area in both points and opinion. so my ganon must not suck that much. i fell good about my skill as i have respect for chris and the others i beat.
your ganon doesn't suck it is boring to play ganon so much because of what i said above limited move set. Also although your ganon is good it is not getting better or not getting better as fast as gwens sheik is or my jiggly or jareds falco is. It seems like you have reached the full potential of your ganon. i constantly see uair jump fair all the time. that is why i jump in there right after uair cuz fair has a bit of lag when it comes out so it is like i have a free hit everyime i see you miss with and uair. It was a good mindgame and very decptive tell you started doing it all the time. but ill stop ranting i need to get to bed.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
you said ganondorf was not popular i didn't say it was peoples mains i said he was more popular and i do belive that more people play him then shiek just because everyone is so anti shiek

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I have a question for you guys, and please answer completely truthfully. Can Link be a competitive character in tournament play? I seem to have hit a wall with him and I don't feel like I'm getting better. I feel comfortable L-cancelling all of his aerial attacks and I've gotten wavedashing down with him as well. However, when playing against fast characters such as Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik I just feel sluggish and like I can't keep up.

I know that there are a couple really good Link players out there like Germ and Aniki, but honestly I don't ever remember hearing about them winning a major tourney or anything. So guys, is it possible to make Link a great character, or would I be better off moving on and choosing someone new? Thanks for all your input in advance!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
yes link can definitely be competitive but it's frikin tough. i know for a fact aniki has won a few major japo tournaments (with link and samus) cause hes just so crazy good. if you wish to improve quicker and be more competitive i HIGHLY suggest you go with sheik, marth, peach, c. falcon, samus, or one of the space animals (space animals [fox/falco] however would take a bit more dedication cause of all the tech skill involved). gwen for example was pika but has changed to sheik and she is at least twice as good as she was and its only been like 2 weeks. dont take me wrong link is a good character but, as you have said, can have big problems with higher tier characters. oh and dont drop link entirely cause hes still a fun character!

what if i had an opinion on the rankings... shhh...
Jared
Isai (awesome sandbagging)
Mew2king (hacker)
KoreanDJ (shines)
Ken (cant spell)
DUHA (cheats)
Zenjamin (gaNNon)
el ECHO / lvl 9 fox (good at halo)
BUZKIL (cant push start)
RYU (sheiks down b helps him)
BBQ / Comodore Cause / Darth Brittinias (silly rabbit)
PUGBOY (trix are for kids)

Smash Journeyman
Wut up? I'm from Dallas, TX about to be moving up to Durango. I'm glad to see there is a smash scene there! I'm sure I will see all of you soon!

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I tried some new characters today. I think I've just decided to give up smash all together. After 2+ years of playing this game I am no better than I was a year and a half ago. It seems like no matter how much I play or practice I just don't improve. And after losing every single match I played today (by 3 stocks almost every time) it's just like a kick in the teeth.

I tried C. Falcon and got 4 stocked like 3 times. Apparently my Link isn't bad because of him, it's that my player skill sucks hard and I have ZERO talent for this game. Take care everyone. I wish you the best.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I would say link can be good but you have to dedicate your soul to him to be good enough to win tournaments.

C.Falcon you have to be really fast and fox you have to be really fast. Try peach learning curve is high but not as hard to master just really akward and i can help you out with peach. She is a cheater in the sense you really don't have to l cancle much.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Forget what I wrote before, I just had a really bad day and was extremely frustrated with this game. I'm going to try and learn how to use C. Falcon. I've been watching some videos of Isai... and I try to emulate him with a lot of SHFFL aerial attacks, but I manage to get shield-grabbed a lot. Not to mention Marth's sword just destroys me. Does anyone have any advice for learning C. Falcon? Thanks guys.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
learn to short hop with him and shffl that uair it caries them to the ledge then finish with a knee also grab down throw knee and he can also chain grab a few people as well.

here this is your new bible:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=53471

Also work on getting your fingers faster cause i say i think your fingers have to be the third fastest to play C.Falcon. The knee destroys jiggly too down throw knee is too good.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice guys, and that thread you linked me to is awesome Duha. I have a good idea of what to work on with C. Falcon now. Thanks again.

Smash Journeyman
7734:
thats great man. how about a little more info.
when you comming? who do you play? how good are you? are you really cave man on an alt just so you can pre-sandbag us and take all of our money?

I'm hoping to be up there in a month or so.. I'm well rounded with most characters, but Falco, Samus & C. Falcon are my best! I have done good in tournaments but I have yet to win any money! (except money matches)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
nin9 those are n00b cfalcon combos shffln uair is a neccesity to be a good falcon just read that guide it knows more then all of us

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
DeathBrittinias, I suggest you simply play Marth, it is extremely easy to get average with him, and thats saying something, sure you wont be as good as NIN9, MM, Ken, etc. but at least you have something. He's extremely easy to use, just abuse the range, you can get aways with alot of stuff(grabs/fsmashes/Fairs/etc just because he has so much range) All you need to do is be proficient with your L-cancelling, and if you don't like him that much simply keep him as a secondary or even a terciary.

Also, Link IS very viable to be tournament worthy, if you want an in-state example look at El_LoVo, his Link is the very thing that drove me to use Sheik, although with like 5+ months of experience I started to branch off that and used Sheik vs everyone. Watch his combo vids, Out Comes The Wolves 2 is an excellent example on how we all got owned by him at some point(not saying that he doesnt get owned back or anything, everyone does that) but yeah.

If you still want to play Falcon, you just need to get good at SHFFLing EVERYTHING, and of course teching the ledges when you're getting edgeguarded cause Falcon's recovery is way predictable.

BTW Duha, I never really looked at guides, and my Falcon is still like 2nd best in state(maybe 3rd best cause Victor has a mean C.Falcon too...and Kenny...idk), just shows that experience is everything =D I don't know where I'm going with this so I'm leaving it at that. And nice job on the new thread! First post looks pro :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Thanks ferdi i took some time to get it right.

Also I always read how to play a character from the guides it helps me to get a feel for the charchter. But then i adopt my own style.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to stick with Falcon. Thanks for the advice Spirit, but I just don't like playing Marth. it's apparent that I need to get SHFFLing down so that I don't even have to think about it when I'm doing it. I'll work on that.

By the way, how long are you guys going to play for today? I know you're starting up at 12, but for how long? I have to work until about 4, so I can't make the tourney, but maybe later? Let me know.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
we usually go pretty late into the night. Call one of us and we will let you know if you should come down.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
this is NIN9
we will be playing smash and some halo til late tonight im sure.
so i hope to see you there! just playing with us a few hours will help you improve guaranteed.
gwen call martin and see if he can come. im calling andy now.
see you in a bit!

This is Duha
C falcon requires much faster fingers then marth so he will be much more frustrating. And if you learn to moonwalk taunt i will just kill my self from pure intimidation. but just remember that c falcon is all about shfflng everything. Once you get good with the shffling and it becomes natural then you will start to see a lot of improvement.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I figure that if I can become really good at shffling with Falcon that it will be easy with any character. I think my fingers are fast enough, it's just a matter of getting the timing down and muscle memorization.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
This is Jared...

3/24 Biweekly Results
DUHA
Zenjamin
3CKO
BUZKIL
BBQ
KAM
RYU
Jared
Darth Brittinias
HAIS

news...
me and james 6 stocked some team
me and mike 7 stocked some team

Duha

Smash Journeyman
as of right now not really we dont have a place to hold it all but we are talking of going down to arizona to play a few pros on the 15th

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Smash was really fun last night. Thank you Gwen for letting us all hang out at your apartment and play all night. And thanks Mike and Jared for all the advice and help. I dreamed about Smash last night I was thinking about it so much! I've been practicing shffling my aerials a ton today so I can't wait to play again. I'll call you guys this week to see if anything's going on.

Edit: I just watched a video on Youtube of NiN9 and Duha playing MeleeMarth. How long ago was that?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
that was a couple year.....um i mean months ago. But he is good really good. REALLY GOOD. but along with Techs you need to learn to mindgame more that is just as important as techs.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
James: yeah that was in january. hes super good. he can take out a whole crew by himself. as he did in the video lol.

Paul: no plans for a huge tourny in durango. just biweeklies and smashfests every saturday until may.

EDIT: i think i rested at least 100x in 1 hour. jiggs is my new teams char!

Top Bottom