• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman

now my thery on the last one is that you can hide in the boxes until the ice melts below so if you wanna lay low for a bit depending on how long the ice lasts

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Dude, this is awesome, I gotta try it!
http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/

Norfair: Pretty crappy. Screwed up at the end. Wait... I don't know how to get it to mine...
To post the link to it. you go to 'Save and Send' and click the 'here' for copying the URL.

Also, here's classic Donkey Kong.

http://artpad.art.com/?junqxut2yic
Very basic, I didn't have room to show more of the red bars, but maybe if I did it in sprite form... anyhow, Barrel's will drop down from the top of the level, and they will roll across the steel bars, and dow ladders. Once they hit the oil barrel, they become Flame Balls.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Cool. OK, here's Norfair.
http://artpad.art.com/?junrm4m1gyw

In a cavern, as you would guess. The water level rises and covers the lower part of the stage from time to time, making it hard to jump and move, but also has some dangerous beasts able to bite at you and cause damage. There was a little more of the stage to the right, but it was cut off. Just a little more of the lower platform an a floating one as well. Oh, here's a stupid one

http://artpad.art.com/?junrqdryems

WOOT Final Destination and Master Smilie!!!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Yeah posted this Idea in the Mewtwo thread. I thought I'd post it here..

Stage Idea:
Cerulean Cave (Unknown Dungeon) -http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cerulean_Cave
This is the Cave Mewtwo is in in Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Perfect Stage for him.
There could be a central platform, with a bit of a drop and then water surrounding it and two smaller platforms over the water, one on each side. Magikarp and Gyarados will occasionally pop out of the water and can be attacked. Gyarados attack Back with Aqua Tail. Magikarp don't. There is a high sealing and you can see stalagmites in the back. Occasionally one or two may fall dealing some damage. They shatter on impact, breaking crates and barrels if they land on them. Wild Golbat and Zubat can be seen flying around in the background. The music for the Cave is the same music from the RPGs, but Other Music can be obtained for this stage, including some music from the First Movie.

And here's a crappy pic I made in MS paint..

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Super Mario Galaxy Tour(submitted before but added some things)

Phase 1:Mushroom Kingdom: pretty from mario galaxy star festival
Sights:a whale jumping and pretty water
Features:star bits fall
after a few moments bowser(his space ship from galaxy) lifts the castle

Phase 2: New hive galaxy
Sights: various bees flying
Features: honey falls to slow you traction and water spouts
after a few moments bowser lifts the castle again

Phase 3: Toy Time Galaxy
Sights:TOYS (a train and various blocks and silverware)
Features: Train passes through(jump), and mecha bowser breaths fire after appearing from the side
after a few moments bowser lifts the castle again

Phase 3 1/2: Asteroid belt
Features: Flying asteroids that hurt(but not too much)

Phase 4: Final phase: Dusty Dune
Sights: catuses(i), and a sand pyramid
Features: Sand blocks appear and when stepped on dissappear, drybones pop up and hit you(when stepped on they reanimate till you levt)

Phase 5: Deep Dark
Sights: Ghost Ship
Features: Kameks shoot at you

Phase 6: Ghostly Galaxy
Sights: Ghosthouse
Features :Boldergeist appears and throws stones and slams ground

Phase 7: Dreadnought
Sights: OOOO PRETTY a spaceship(In Background you can see all other unvisited planets
Features: Cannons fire and topmen fall on course

Phase 8 returns to Mushroom kingdom

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
I've posted this numerous times around the forum, and saw this thread, and it looks like the perfect place to post it.

Phaaze:
This is a scrolling/changing stage. Since their are so many caverns, I will make as many phaazes (get it? LOL) of this stage as possible.

Phase 1: Landing Site
OK, you start out at the landing area of Phaaze, with the ship on a platform up in the background. Those jellyfishy floating things with the tenticles are here, and the tops of them are safe, but the tenticles deal 5% damage every time you touch them. The terrain is hilly here with the lumps with holes in them on both sides of the screen.

Phase 2: Drop Shaft
The ground crumbles beneath the fighters and they plummet down the long tunnel full of beasties that was featured once or twice on Phaaze. There is no KOing in this part of the stage; just aerial attacks to deal some damage on the way down. On the walls are a few of those nameless monsters that snatch you and try to eat you, but they don't do anything... yet.

Phase 3: The Tunnel
This is an area also in Phaaze that housed some of the Phazon crystals and Phazon Hoppers. When you land, the stage will slowly scroll to the right, with some holes in the ground. Those lumpy Phazon Crystal things with the eyes, if that's what they're called, lie around in some areas and platforms. At some moments they are safe and able to walk on, but they push out spikes from their bodies at moments, making them dangerous obstacles that cause 15% damage and are like bumpers, actually. The tunnel then starts to cave in and only the sides are available to KO someone. This section is littered with tendrils protruding from the ceiling and floor, making it almost impossible to jump and move fast. Luckily though, the stage's scrolling speed slows down greatly, but it speeds up at the end, so make sure to catch up, or else you might get left behind. Moving on, the stage starts to slope downhill and can be an instant KO if pushed to the bottom too fast. At the end of the tunnel, there is the Phazon Hopper nests spawning some little Phazon Hoppers. The nests are safe, but the hoppers will lunge at you, dealing out 10% damage each hit. They are all destructable objects. And at last, the scrolling ends, leaving the rest of this section pure fighting.

Phase 4: Hatcher Shaft
Once again, the ground crumbles and you fall straight down into another shaft. But luckily, the Hoppers don't have to go through it, because they explode for no reason before they fall! The fall is pretty much the same as the first, except for one thing: those butt-ugly monsters in the shafts before grab each player, one for each player, and try to eet ur fases LOL. Constantly attack them with smashes or quick regular ones, or else they chomp ya and deal an instant KO. Those who make it are let loose by the thingie and continue falling. This is the time to use aerial attacks.

Phase 5: Genesis Chamber
This is the area where you fight Dark Samus, but since he WILL be a PC, he is not here. After landing, this is just as flat as Battlefield. Only two lone platforms are floating here, which disintegrate after being used to much, and reform later. A few Phazon Metroids are floating around in the background, but don't hurt you.

Phase 6: AU Chamber
Skipping the shaft, the ground crumbles yet again to reval a new phase. This is the final boss fight, where the famous Aurora Unit, 313, is housed. It floats around in the background, firing only once while in this phase, which deals an instant KO. There is only one platform here, with flat terrain. The area is surrounded by a trench of Phazon, so as you would guess, this area is very small AND dangerous. After a while, the AU is continuously hit with a beam of Phazon from offscreen. It trembles and thrashes around violently, and then explodes, having the players fly up to the top of Phaaze again. If you play through the stage again though, the AU is still there.

Well, this stage is very unlikely to appear in Brawl, but it's just an idea.

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet

The Push Pit

Music: Sweet Sweet Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy

Stage Gist: The players will be set on the upper most layer of flat land, where they will fight by trying to push one fighter off to the side where he or she will plummet to a pit down below and head down a slide to the pits below. Though there are platforms that can aid them in rescues, but it depends on where the platform is at the time. Other fighters can either go after the fallen victim, or await for he or she to climb back up and fight, or try to slam dunk more foes into the side pits.

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
Stage: Mario

^ A few notes I took while designing the stage idea. If I can, it would require 204 parts (which may actually be possible) and a size of at least 16x17. I know, it would be extremely huge, even if it could fit into the Stage Builder's limits. But it would have to be huge to turn out correctly.

Players fight on a recreation of Mario's jumping sprite from the original Super Mario Bros. The music would obviously be Super Mario Bros.: Ground Theme, or, if possible, the original version of the Overworld theme. It would be crazy for them not to include the original version anyway.

BluePhantomHedgehog

Smash Rookie
These we're made before the guy added structures.

Just a bunch of ladders and slants.

Bring back any memories?

Name pretty much sums it all up.

Think any of theses are good? I personally want to the the Donkey Kong stage in action. :)

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Seeing the latests additions for Brawl stages, I know I'm going to be using Stage Editor quite a bit. So, I spent a little time on that applet today and made a few stages. Let me know what you guys think. (Feel free to use these come release.)

Dungeon
There is a little "pit of doom" in the center and three sets of long floating platforms. The two ladders on the left side are the only asymmetry. There is some strategy about how to throw off your opponent on this stage. The spike at the bottom can either help or hurt (getting hit will hit you upwards).

Hyrule 64
I just copied the layout from Hyrule Castle from Smash64. It didn't make the cut; so this is the next best thing. I obviously couldn't duplicate any of the graphics, but the arrangement of platforms and whatnot is very similar.

Untitled 1 (Ladders and Platforms)
Lots of moving up and down in different ways. The stage is big, and there are a lot of possibilities as far as how to play this stage. It's open everywhere except for the bottom, of course.

MC Escher
Lots of stairs. Nuff said.

Mountainside
A large mountain shape takes up the majority of the stage. On the left side is a rising platform to possibly save you. There are also a lot of floating platforms and the like in the "clouds."

Mushroomland
Another large stage, most of the action here takes place very near to the top. You can pass through either set of floating platforms, too, to get down to the lower area, but there isn't much room to do anything down there.

Mystic (couldn't think of a name really)
There isn't a whole lot to this stage. It has a large main platform and two smaller floating platforms with ladders connected. There is also one of the little pillar shelters in the middle.

Platform Chaos
The normal part of the stage is very simple: a main platform and a short floating one. The rest consists of various moving platforms places across the rest of the map. Who knows how a match would play out here?

Untitled 2 (platforms and such)
The whole thing kind of "drains down" to the bottom center. There is lots to be done on various locations on this map.

Slippy steps
Very small and simple stage but very chaotic. The only main platform is icy and the other floating platforms are all conveyor belts. Nothing can stand still for long on this stage.

Tunnel Time
A sort of little maze with various solid blocks and platforms you can pass through. It may take a while to KO someone on the inside, but the chase could be fun, too.

City Scape
I based this one off of Melee's Fourside. There are three towers of various size/shape. I also added some stationary platforms up top.

Saffron City
This one is based off of...you guessed it, Saffron City from Smash 64. I did my best to recreate it with the three towers and the moving platforms. (Now if only there was a way to make custom skins and background images...)

That's it. Let me know if you like them.

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
I thought up some stages today. Here's a small description of what they are, and what happens. Pictures will come after I scan them and have them hosted.

---

Desktop

Universe: The one we live in!

Description: The stage is made out of a large platform, 2 smaller platforms, and 2 bigger ones near the top.

Special Stuff: On the rightmost small platform, there is a small basket with some items; there are pencils, erasers and scissors. They are pretty much the same thing, except that the scissors cause more damage than pencils, which in turn are more dangerous than erasers.

Also, standing on the main platform is a computer! It's part of the scenery, but it plays replays that are registered on your system!

The basket items and the computer's functions can be de-activated in the stage options, if you want to keep your replays from other's view, or play the stage with normal items.

---

Kitchen Table

Universe: Still ours!

Description: Most of the time, the stage is flat, with two chairs in the background, as well as one of these things that hold fruits*. To knock away other players, you must do side KOs or air KOs.

Special Stuff: You remember that fruit holder* I mentionned? Well, at times, someone will push that holder in the fighters' way. Afterwards, there will be people in the background eating a meal. The fruits also act as a wall, as well as the holder. After they're done, the fruit holder will be moved away, and the stage will be once again the flat landscape it is, and the cycle restarts.

*When I upload the image, you will be able to correct me, I'm not actually the best with tough english words...

---

My Room Desk

Universe: Ours. And it will be for the next stage too.

Description: The platform is made of a desk, with two inactive lamps (a lava lamp, and a normal lamp) , some floating platforms to be able to get past the lamps, and a pretty suspicious switch down the rightmost pit.

Special Stuff: That very switch can easily turn the tables. Not only you can stand on it, but hitting it will activate the lamps, heating them and rendering them dangerous to everyone: touching the lamp will deal about 40% damage and knock you back a little far. If someone is daring enough to go hit the switch, the lights will shut, and will be safe to touch again.

---

The Windows

Universe: See previous stage.

Description: Similar to the kitchen stage, the platform covers the whole stage. However, the stage is made of two windows, from which you can see a nice winter landscape. Attached to the windows are 2 switches...

Special Stuff: Once again, the switches can cause some trouble! Hitting them will open the windows, letting in a cold breeze and freezing anyone that goes there. The harder you hit the switch, the longer the window will stay open. It also gives a lesser chance to anyone that is next to the window to get away. After being hit, the switch will turn black, meaning you can't hit it, and will slowly make its way down. When there, it will remain black for a rather large while. Then, it will return to its normal colour and it will be possible to hit again.

---

GUILT Research Hideout

Universe: Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Description: The stage is made of a platform, four scenery capsules with a solid top, as well as a platform in the middle of the stage that moves vertically.

Special Stuff: The capsules aren't quite just to make pretty: they will crack as the player attacks them. When attacked enough, the capsule will shatter, freeing a random type of GUILT. It will act just like assist trophies do. However, most types also harm the one who frees them. Here are the GUILT types:

-Kyriaki: It will try to scorch the fighters. If it hits, the fighter will receive 40% and will be sent back a bit. After a short while, it will leave.

-Deftera: Always comes in a pair. Both will try to infect the fighters. If it infects a player, it will slowly be damaged, about 5% each few seconds, then comes out after a while, or if the player is knocked out. However, if someone manages to make them meet, they will group, and then, you can kick it out of the stage.

-Tertari: It will release a poisonous gas that will deal 4% damage per second to anyone who walks near it. It can be sent out of the stage with an attack.

-Pempti: It will follow the one who frees it, occasionally laying some micro-organisms to scorch the other fighters. It will never try to harm whoever it follows, unless it's harmed. It will go away after a while, or if the one that it follows is knocked out.

-Paraskevi: Its attack is similar to Deftera, except that when hit, it splits in two smaller bodies. When it reaches its smallest size, another attack will knock it out.

---

That's all I have for now. Pictures will come later. Until then, comment! :)

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Im going to remake stages from the N64 game since its clear they are not in the game
This and the Melee stages that didn't make it.

I have ideas for a few others, Like Dr. Mario's Pill bottle to the Dr. Mario theme, and the first level from Donkey Kong.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
I run Linux With a Powerpc mac and I cant run flash.... so I cant make any. But these stages look great! Keep up the good work people!

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I was being completely serious. If you are too immature to handle it, by all means leave these forums. But I will not be censored by you!

I took it off because I do realize that if that post was seen by a moderator, it might result in a banning of my account.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Same here. It's a shame that there aren't. Some of those stages were simply beautiful.
(Dreamland, Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle)
I agree. The 64 stages as a whole were so much better than the Melee stages. I didn't really have a problem playing any of the 64 ones as opposed to Melee where I only liked about 10-20% of the stages. And the worst part is they didn't even put in the good Melee stages (as a whole) in Brawl.

I just wish there were more options for the skins on the stages pieces and that there were more options (or possibility for custom) backgrounds...

@BananaX - That is the stupidest thing I've seen and quite immature. Grow up. Really.

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
BananaX: You better delete that thing before someone sees it and forbids access to the site! >.<

Anyways, an update to the GUILT Research Room level:

---

New Title: Research Room

Universe: Trauma Center series

Description: Same as the previous one, except the two middle capsules are green.

Special Stuff: The capsules on the leftmost and rightmost corners are still breakable, and still release GUILT specimens, but the green ones will open and close on their own. They will
release Stigma specimens. Here's the list of Stigma specimens that can come out of the green capsules:

Cheir: It can create gaps on the floor, but never where the capsules stand. After it makes a gap, it will leave. The gap will be filled later.

Soma: It will track and damage a fighter. If Soma gets too close to a fighter, he/she/it will be hurt. A fighter that gets too close might also be poisoned. After a while, it will leave.

Ops: The launchers will toss nutrients at the main body. If it hits, Ops will fire a laser beam at the fighters. The fighters can grab the nutrients and toss them at the launchers. When both launchers die, Ops will fly away.

Onyx: It will bury underground, and will emerge under a player to damage them badly. One can predict where it is by looking for the four dots that compose its eyes. After emerging about 5 times, it will go.

---

Comments?

courte

Smash Lord
so anyone else buying multiple gig sd cards simply for saving awesome stages

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Lol. Thats alot of stage. But I have an extra 2G SD card. Dude. Saffron City was awesome. I was just playing it a few min ago on my N64 gen. (Keyboard is kinda hard to play Smash with) the old Peaches Castle...dunno. Hyrule Castle was awesome too.

Too bad they didnt bring back any of the N64 stages... like Dreamland, Yoshi level and the DK level... They were in Melee. Should of at least brought back one of em.

Wouldnt it be funny to watch that? Old *** N64 stages with decked out Brawl characters. Omg ir would be so awesome.

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know that returning 64 stages would be cool, but I admit that I feel lonely and frustrated on the fact that nobody checked my levels...

Anyways, here's more of the stuff! I thought of them this morning.

---

The Water Fountain

Universe: Human Universe

Description: There's a main (yet slippery) platform with three fountains on it.

Special Stuff: Every once in a while, someone comes to take a gulp of water. The water that the fountain spews will be very slippery to the fighters, and they might fall on their backs and be led to the center by the mini water stream. After a bit, the person leaves, the fountain stops and repeats again later.

---

The Laboratory

Universe: The Jumper series

Description: The place is made of a main platform, two smaller ones, and a tiny one that leads to the other ones. On the top of the screen, is a cage with two failed experiments, and a switch. On the left, Ogmo, the protagonist of the series, is locked by a grey door.

Special Stuff: The said failed experiments on the top will sometimes toggle the switch to free Ogmo. When free, Ogmo will rampage on the two upper platforms, 1-hit KO' ing anyone it touches. After a bit, it will return in the cage and wait to be let free again.

---

Comments? Please... :(

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord

Ups, Downs and All-Arounds

This stage isn't modeled after anything in particular. However, it's really random. Er...ya, that's all I got.

Level? What Level?

Yet another odd, random level that struck me at an odd moment. Yes, it makes no sense. No, I don't care.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I agree. The 64 stages as a whole were so much better than the Melee stages. I didn't really have a problem playing any of the 64 ones as opposed to Melee where I only liked about 10-20% of the stages. And the worst part is they didn't even put in the good Melee stages (as a whole) in Brawl.

I just wish there were more options for the skins on the stages pieces and that there were more options (or possibility for custom) backgrounds...
Let me show you all something. I was looking on YouTube and I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQTlYHFdwM&eurl=http://www.brawlcentral.com/

Do NOT make past stages like this. That's not how they played, and that's barely how they looked. Go for playability, not cosmetics. The only one that was somewhat acceptable is Mushroom Kingdom... and it's still a groaner.

Five

Smash Rookie
I like G-X's "fight club" idea. I had a similar map in mind, but with the gaps along the ceiling.

But imagine fighting in a maze that twists and turns lots of times before opening to the sides :)

G-X

Smash Apprentice

On this stage, you must really fight for the KO. You can't just F-smash and hope they go out of bounds. Recovery is laughably easy, so edgeguarding becomes your first priority. This (hopefully) adds another level of depth to the match, and further separates the good players from the bad.

Also, the left and right edges of the central platform are passable, so tether recovery might be impossible.

I suggest that, to counter the "Temple problem," this stage be played with one stock each and no time limit. Or maybe Stamina. Wait, no, Fox would ****.

Top Bottom