• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
can i haz this code? :3

anyway, i would still like to make it custom..
If you're talking about phantom's expansion code then it's possible

Thanks, worked perfectly! However, is this a permanent Wii saved change? I'd like it to be, so I don't have to carry the code with me when I bring my SD to my friends house, even though it's not a big deal >_>

Edit: Also, I've been looking around for a tournament legal SSS code, but wasn't able to find anything that fit the set I play with (Mostly because all tournaments handle stages different).

Starters
o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Battleship Halberd
o Frigate Orpheon
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Rainbow Cruise

These are the stages. Essentially, the Neutrals would go on top in the order they're listed, and under them would be the Counter picks as well as the order they are listed in. They would all be on the regular Brawl stage screen. All other stages (The banned ones) would go on the Melee stage screen. If anyone wants to make this for me, that would be grand. I can do it, but I already frustrated myself attempting it once and hopefully someone who has experience doing it could quickly whip it up for me. Thanks in advance!
Read the post above yours and use that code might be what you're looking for

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
yez, but what is the data?
FOR EACH ORIGINAL STAGE YOU HAVE REPLACEMENTS FOR:
SSSSSSSS BBRR0000
-----------------------------
SSSSSSSS = Stage ASCII Data(Take from the chart below)
BB = number of replacement stages with button activators (Max 26 _A-_Z)
RR = Number of Randomly Selected Textures (Max 26 _A-_Z)
---------------------------------
FOR EACH BUTTON ACTIVATED STAGE
JJJJ00II 00000000
JJJJ = Button Activator from list below. All players controllers affect the activator.
II = Filename #- _A = 00, _B = 01, etc. Remember, 10 in hex is 0A
Basically every SSSSSSSS BBRR0000 line, and every JJJJ00II 0000000 line.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
I seem to be having issues with the file replacement code v3.5.1 NTSC-U. Yes, I'm using a US Wii and a US retail copy of Brawl so NTSC-U is the correct code. The previous code before v3.5.1 worked perfectly without a hitch, just, I can't get v3.5.1 to work and I've been working on fixing it for days now since I repaired the Wii laser and the Disc-Drive spindle motor on my Wii. My system menu is 4.0u and I'm using Gecko OS 1.9.3.1. My SD card is 2 GBs though even my 16 GB SD card wouldn't work for Riivolution though I blame that I didn't set Riivolution up correctly.
I've even attempted to use the v3.5.1 code as the only activated code in the gct file to no avail.
I usually try to work out these problems on my own but I actually need help. I'm pretty sure the code was copied correctly as I just copy/pasted it.
I'd hate to ask for help but I need help.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
Perfectly so (in their respective folders, as I've said, some of the previous replacement codes worked perfectly) until today (I changed 'pf' to 'shared'). I made those changes and it seems to of done the trick...through Riivolution that is, not the File Replacement Code. I wasn't using Riivolution when I was trying to get the File Replacement Code to work but now, I no longer need the v3.5.1 Code. It's just interesting that v3.5.1 wasn't working at all! I still don't know why the code wasn't working. Perhaps an error in the code or could it be an error with Gecko...who knows...!

I'll now probably just stick to Riivolution as I've gotten that to work perfectly, even using Japanese voice overs too! I just wish that Snake, Sonic, Fox and Falco still had their English voice overs, the only minuscule annoyance of the NTSC-J smashbros_sound.bsrar.

Laeryn

Smash Rookie
Is there a code to make CSPs and character names not appear in battle, so that there are just damage and the character's symbol (like in Melee)?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How do you get and use the code that lets you record any length of battle without a hacked wii

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Do i need something to launch it or does it just work automatically?

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Well Ive got a question. Exactly how many codes can actually be put on a Wii? \

I had: Phantom's texture code, infinite replay, Roy's codes and unrestricted camera.

When I try and export them all (Yes, They are on the same file) it says that I have to many lines of coding and that I must get rid of some... Wtf?

So what do I do now?

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
IDK why but "sometimes" when I start playing brawl (codes and textures activated), the game forget all textures and brstm, but for "evade" this problem I select training room and characters (faster than normal)... and BINGO problem fixed, but is annoying to do this everytime. xD

Is there a code to do victory poses with taunt for a specific player, I have one for all players, lol

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
is there a code where after you finish a match and return to the css. it shuffles the music based on how high/low you set the occurrence in my music?

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
How can one put more than 256 lines of coding on one .gct file?
If it isnt possible, is it at least possible to create another RSBE01.gct but naming the file something different?
EX: RSBE012.gct..?

Knowledgeable help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

tacoreaper

Smash Cadet
I have a couple questions:

1.) I'm having trouble getting my CSS code to work properly. This is what I have:

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002D
00090D0C 0515011A
0A071325 1002240E
0F140616 1F172903
040B1908 23201B5D
5E5C1121 18221226
274A4E40 46000000

the last four characters tacked on at the end are supposed to be the alloys. However, in the menu, instead of displaying alloy icons, it just shows Falcon, Zelda, Mario, and Kirby icons, respectively, where I intended the alloys to go. Any ideas?

2.) I have a file to change the appearance of the menus (every menu after the title and before the CSS. What am I supposed to name the file? It goes in the pfmenu2 folder, right?

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is the right section but I THINK theses are my last questions..

Is it possible to Play with Brawl+ Link on normal Brawl?

How can I open up a .gct file and add/copy more codes?

NoBio

Smash Apprentice
How can I get infinite replay time without homebrew using just an SD card? Like using the custom stage method of Brawl+ but just with infinite replay time I would assume? If so, how?

I know nothing about this so you'll have to explain the whole process inside and out.

~NoTrace

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well the problem is that the icons don't work for alloys. The second Zelda icon simply selects Zelda, not an alloy. I don't know why this is.
Check the codes section of the wiird section for brawl it'll have codes that might help

Not sure if this is the right section but I THINK theses are my last questions..

Is it possible to Play with Brawl+ Link on normal Brawl?

How can I open up a .gct file and add/copy more codes?
Yes
And look for the gctedit under brawlvault's resource page

How can I get infinite replay time without homebrew using just an SD card? Like using the custom stage method of Brawl+ but just with infinite replay time I would assume? If so, how?

I know nothing about this so you'll have to explain the whole process inside and out.

~NoTrace
Yeah it's possible make a .gct file with that code

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
Hi Again..
I recently opened up the codes in Brawl+ with GCTEdit in an a attempt to find the codes for the Brawl+ version of Link only to be PWNED by a huge mass of codes named "Unknown Coding"... Wtf?!

What in the name am I supposed to do in order to obtain Link's Brawl+ coding?

Btw, GCTEdit is Awesome. Thanx alot for the help Mr. Chuy, :D

TRUEMicah

Smash Rookie
f all I have to do is create a .gct file, where do I put it?

~NoTrace
Step by Step: Inside of an SD memory card, Create a folder named "codes" and place this folder in the root of the menu. Place the .gct file inside of the folder named "codes".

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
yes there is saw it on a live stream! and the announcer said what codes were on, and they saved a replay of a no contest match!

Ulevo

Smash Master
Currently I'm playing Brawl-, and I'm attempting to add in the Brawl+ stages and the buffer modifier in to the code set. I've modified the code to allow handicap to be set to on, but when I add in the buffer modifier, nothing happens. I wanted to ask you if you knew if there were other files or codes that worked in conjunction with it I needed to be aware of.

Also, when I added the Brawl+ stages, only some of the stages changed, such as Rumble Falls, while others like Skyworld and WarioWare remained the same as their vBrawl counterparts. The SSS also did not change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom