• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Colors thread (w high res pics of all colors for every character!)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I don't think you're going to get flamed.
It seems that real good discussion on threads that aren't so controversial is minimal.
Great ideas like this don't really gain much attention because, quite simply, nearly everyone agrees that it would be cool. All they have to talk about when they agree is the probability of such a thing.
I don't think anyone wants to talk and actually construct the whole system ground up in ideas just to have their dreams crushed. Personally, I'm just waiting to see what he'll give us, and usually my response to anything like this is simple: man, I hope so.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
yup this is useless but i like it!!
Well, it certainly will be useless once the game comes out. That is if the game has no hidden costumes.

Nice finds and a good reference...
Thanks. That's exactly what it's intended for. Once upon a time people who hadn't seen Fox dressed in black argued that that costume is obviously meant to be Wolf and therefore Wolf wouldn't be in. This is just to negate the theories of the blind.
And.. you know, and see all the awesome costumes.

All I need is my Green Jack, Black Pants, Red Boots... and a whole lotta blaster loving. - Fox McCorklestein

lol

I come to you today... because I have an idea. A concept. And because I found the search results unsatisfactory.

In my Survival Mode Thread, I had offered up the suggestion of alternate costumes unlockable via certain method. I'd link it so that you could see, but i'm not one for shameless self promotion.

i present another idea to make the real you stand out in Smash Brothers. I would appreciate it if you would NOT post any of the following, as i have it well within my mind that these following statements are quite true, while a few are simply not needed:

"They would never do that"
"That's Stupid"
"That's too much work"
"Something about cell shading"
"Lame"
"Post=Epic Fail"
"Those games had that because"
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

And one I know will appear regardless, many times. "Sakurai said you don't buy stuff with items."
Any post like the ones listed above might as well be PM's

YES. And I know thiss, mannnn!

Names = Customize your Chars.
I know it would be very unlike Smash, but what i've you could have your profile act similar to arcade fighting games. As introduced in Virtua Fighter 4 and also implemented into Tekken 5, using your prize money, you would purchase from a small selection, a special trinket or color or even hairstyle to modify your character. Depending on the character it would vary of three different categories.
Ex. Mario
Glove- Designs or Colors
Shoes- Designs or Colors
Buttons- Colors

Just one possible example I literally just pulled out of my bangers and mash.

Perhpas for
Pikachu
Collar W/ Item (Pokeball, Potion, Psyduck)
Paw Prints
Designs for Paws, Tails, or Ears

Link
Gauntlet Style and Color
Different Shiny Belts
Different Swords or Sheaths

I know you all will share your flames anyway--let me dance in hell and if such a thread already exist please point me that way
I'm quoting courte on this page because I don't think he got enough attention being the last post of the previous page.

Feel free to discuss. This thread tends to get buried without it.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
a blue Pit is seen in the team healer update

EDIT: the second pic of Pit what's supposed to be green looks more like the gold one to me and I saw a green with red Pit before I'll try to find it again

EDIT2: srry my fault it was the green one I've looked at every Pit video in the brawl video topic and it was the green one but I think you can use the victory pose better because you see the little red in it to

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LcstSatAhYs here's the one for the green

http://eforall.gamepro.com/player.cfm?vId=116940 and here's a vid of a blue Pit you can see it clearly in it's victory pose

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i'm suprised that diddy only has 3 confirmed colors...

actually, IIRC there's a video on youtube (the money match) where he's wearing yellow. and blue can be assumed since he needs it for team battle.

what we really need is Dark Diddy.....

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
ther's already a thread for custom colors and such.
You do realize that this thread is not new, right?
It's been here since October 2007...

but for the sake of clearing up the boards and erasing redundancies, maybe you should file your complaint with one of the threads that was created after mine.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
AWESOME compendium! I'm a fan of MK's color collection, as a whole, myself.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
This is a great thread.
Thank you. And thank you for moving my thread. :)

AWESOME compendium! I'm a fan of MK's color collection, as a whole, myself.
My roommate keeps saying the pink one looks like Kefka colors from FFVI. I love how all the Kirby characters seem to have a Game Boy look, with the white/really bleached/sepia tones... in fact I think those are my favorite costumes in the game- especially Dedede's.

I'm wondering why they deprived all playable Pokemon characters of a sixth color.
I guess the lack of inherent clothes makes creating costumes for Pokemon a difficult thing to do. They aren't alone though- Sonic suffers from his nakedness too.

So what color scheme is Luigi in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMTmbXlEaYo&feature=related
Seems like yellow by the portrait, but in game he looks almost exactly like Mario. Huh.
That would be the orange and blue one, 4th from the left.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Hahhah. You called the one with the green headband Kung-fu Jiggles?
My friends and I know it as Rambo-puff.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Awesomee thread!

I wish i was a Ness main, his pink hat/mr saturn tshirt combo looks PIMPIN

i really wish there was a black yoshi though >__>

Rakath

Smash Ace
So... every character (but the Pokemon and the Speed dealing Hedgehog) generally follows:

Red/Blue/Green/Light/Dark + Other
Other = Standard if Standard doesn't 'fit' into another of the colors.

The Pokemon and Sonic, however have 5. Pikachu has 4... and Wario has 12...

Why am I somehow made ANGRY by this collection of facts?

*hopes there is a SSB4, and hopes this game rectifies Pikachu's horrid lack of colors with either more colors/accessories, or Yellow in the background giving orders*

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
The costumes gives us 5 new paletteswap characters. That is cool.
-Keeby
-Daisy
-Dark Link
-Classic Wario
-Dark Young Link

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of the following colors:
1. Retro Toon Link (with brown hair even!)
2. Retro Meta Knight ("dark" meta knight, more closely matches his concept art colors from the NES days)
3. Super Famicom colored ROB
4. Baseball uniform-esque Ness
5. Dark Suit Samus (MP2)

And ha, which color is Samus' gravity suit now? The bluish hue was used in Prime, and then theres the bright pink, which is more like Super Metroid.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
The costumes gives us 5 new paletteswap characters. That is cool.
-Keeby
-Daisy
-Dark Link
-Classic Wario
-Dark Young Link
Who is Keeby? I take it Keeby is a Kirby recolor?

I'm a fan of the following colors:
1. Retro Toon Link (with brown hair even!)
2. Retro Meta Knight ("dark" meta knight, more closely matches his concept art colors from the NES days)
3. Super Famicom colored ROB
4. Baseball uniform-esque Ness
5. Dark Suit Samus (MP2)

And ha, which color is Samus' gravity suit now? The bluish hue was used in Prime, and then theres the bright pink, which is more like Super Metroid.
The Gravity Suit is purple. The blue one is Fusion. The pink is the original Varia suit.
I take it Super Famicom colored ROB is the grey one, right?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Who is Keeby? I take it Keeby is a Kirby recolor?

The Gravity Suit is purple. The blue one is Fusion. The pink is the original Varia suit.
I take it Super Famicom colored ROB is the grey one, right?
The original Varia was pink? I thought it was white. Ah well.

The Super famicom one is the last one, purple and purple/gray. The NES one is the gray and dark gray. His default is regular famicom I believe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The original Varia was pink? I thought it was white. Ah well.

The Super famicom one is the last one, purple and purple/gray. The NES one is the gray and dark gray. His default is regular famicom I believe.
White? WTF? You never played Metroid/ Super Metroid?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I don't think he has. He's referring Samus as a male.
Uh. What? No. In the original Metroid the Varia suit looked, to me, white. It was pink when you altered your color to shoot missles, and had a blue visor. So thus I guess the pink color is Metroid 1 Varia Suit w/ Missles?

And by super famicom I was talking about ROB's colors.

Don't tell me I don't know my Metroid, I've played all the games and can finish Super Metroid in under an hour. :psycho:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh. What? No. In the original Metroid the Varia suit looked, to me, white. It was pink when you altered your color to shoot missles, and had a blue visor. So thus I guess the pink color is Metroid 1 Varia Suit w/ Missles?

And by super famicom I was talking about ROB's colors.

Don't tell me I don't know my Metroid, I've played all the games and can finish Super Metroid in under an hour. :psycho:

PINK

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for posting these from E4All.
I didnt see many different costumes at the event.

espio87

Smash Ace
Hahhah. You called the one with the green headband Kung-fu Jiggles?
My friends and I know it as Rambo-puff.
I called her Snake-Jigglypuff.
neoREgen said:
I guess the lack of inherent clothes makes creating costumes for Pokemon a difficult thing to do. They aren't alone though- Sonic suffers from his nakedness too.
It would have been really cool if instead of those rings around his wrist they gave Sonic a jacket like the ones Fox wears.
my favourites:
1. White-haired Ganondorf (just when I thought he couldn't go more bad@ss:grin:)
2. Lucas's Claus costume
3. Mr. Saturn T-Shirt Ness (I want one!:mad:)
4. Waluigi Luigi (finally they added it)
5. White Metaknight (he looks so cool, even cooler than his dark costume)

Top Bottom