• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Colors thread (w high res pics of all colors for every character!)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
isnt there a vid where we see a pink haired peach?? a vid where four peaches battle each other??
somehting like this:
Original response:
Not that I know of or could distinctly tell. There's white and red and maybe I've seen pink but just figured it was one of them. There are lots of vids of 4x Peach because it seems the booth babes dig her.

Edited response: Of course there are vids of that- that's her default costume. I apologize for the gross oversight. I thought you'd photoshopped that picture to be an alternate color like something you remembered seeing.
I'm not posting default costumes for everyone until it's time to finalize the thread, which will happen after Brawl comes out.

awesome! i didn't notice that they changed the visor of the Gravity Suit until i saw that big pic. that's good, cause they left it green in Melee.
So far all of Samus' costumes are actually from her games. I'm pretty impressed. Although if that green one from Melee returns (and probably will for Team Battle), I'm not sure how they'll pull off keeping it consistent with the series.

look at this vid theres a yellow diddy i cant get a good screen of em can somone help?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5m2VHKDrB0
That vid is horrible. I'd never be able to get anything fom it. XD
I tried and tried to get something from that vid, but it is basically impossible. In face, I don't think that IS yellow Diddy- that is light blue Diddy! The yellow background of the 3rd player symbol is confusing us, but the more I look, the more apparent it is that he's actually a blue color. Check out his hat in the character icon.
Unfortunately I don't think we can *for sure* state what this is right now because of the video quality, but I commend you, Kentalicious, for the find. It was very perceptive of you.

it seems link doesnt get the zora armor when turning blue nor the magic armor when he turns red *sigh* gold and dark link look sick tough...

I think thats dark suit samus, tough it could be phazon IDK...

yoshis and sonics alt colors are lame...
Well, it seems that none of the costumes change Shape drastically, but you could take it that the blue armor is Zora armor inspired, and likewise with the rest. I'm considering adding a historical feature to the thread that goes over where the costumes/colors could have originally been derived from. It's not like the Smash team chose them haphazardly... (though there are some cases that make me wonder...)

It is in fact Dark Suit Samus and not Phazon. If you look at this rendition, the Dark Suit is the middle bottom, the Phazon suit is the one to the left of it. Luckily my roommate is a Metroid fanatic and can tell me these things...

And yeah- Sonic has the lamest changes out of everyone so far. It's probably because his moves don't work quite the same as other characters, I'm guessing. It seems the Spin moves have nothing to do with the texture/color applied to Sonic's character model because they don't use his character model (meaning he doesn't actually curl up and spin around). So they'll have to recolor all of his moves and reprogram his various costume changes to coordinate with the moves in order to keep the color change consistent. I think because of this, they opted to give him one real alternate color- black, and just menial accessories that you can't see in Spin moves anyway. Even as black Sonic, his spin moves are blue. Maybe this is one of the things they're still working on. It's going to be fairly confusing I think to be playing team matches with Sonics this way. They need a more drastic color change.

Everyone has a "Emo"/ "Dark"/ "Evil"/ "Whatever" costume right?

wait, I don't think Yoshi does...
I wanted a black and a white yoshi
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I totally wanted black teams and white teams this time around. Since there are actually black Yoshis and white Yoshis in the Mario universe, I don't know why they didn't add them. Hopefully it's only this way for the demo, or they're unlockable, or [insert your own loophole].

Peach in a Black costume with Black hair!!! Now that would be awesome!
I'd support that. She's way light and fluffy in the ones we've seen so far.

If everyone has six/seven outfits, I'm surprised we know so little about all the other characters, like Pikachu and Diddy. I'm really curious about what Pikachu is going to get for his other 4 outfits/accessories.
Me too. I suppose most people that realized you could change outfit colors weren't that interested in the characters we don't have many outfits for... or the other outfits for them are simply ugly and no one wants to play as say... Purple Bowser.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Wait...the infamous Dixie costume? Diddy CROSSDRESSES?!

I would really like to see a Donkey/Diddy with a yellow tie/Hat-shirt, to honour the Donkey Kong country games. Basically, I'd like to see any colour/costume change with previous videogame implications.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Wait...the infamous Dixie costume? Diddy CROSSDRESSES?!

I would really like to see a Donkey/Diddy with a yellow tie/Hat-shirt, to honour the Donkey Kong country games. Basically, I'd like to see any colour/costume change with previous videogame implications.
I completely agree. The costumes I'm really psyched about so far are the ones that hail back to other games. Like now I can pit Fox vs. Wolf, or Jumpman vs. Donkey Kong, Daisy vs. Morton.
They aren't completely those characters, but the representations are enough for me to really dig those costumes more than just alternate colors without purpose.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Check this Link alternate out, looks like a FD Link haha

Also a good pic of that Samus from the GBA (Dunno the name)

With the pic posted above, the icon is the same as dark Link but he's wearing all white.
Sorry for the double post but look at the Link I posted before, he has dark skin and red eyes with a white tunic, and the picture below it shows Dark Link in his black tunic. Or am I just seeing things?

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree. The costumes I'm really psyched about so far are the ones that hail back to other games. Like now I can pit Fox vs. Wolf, or Jumpman vs. Donkey Kong, Daisy vs. Morton.
They aren't completely those characters, but the representations are enough for me to really dig those costumes more than just alternate colors without purpose.
QFT! Some people have argued before that the colours represent team colours for team battles. Okay, that makes sense for Red, Green, and Blue, but why does this game opt to then go for other colours that make no connection to the actual series, AKA Purple Link, White Donkey Kong, Green Samus. I'd rather them have the 3 colour changes then retro references rather than 6 costumes of different colour..

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post but look at the Link I posted before, he has dark skin and red eyes with a white tunic, and the picture below it shows Dark Link in his black tunic. Or am I just seeing things?
I can't see the skin color of the Link that appears to have a white costume but has the black icon at all. I don't know what to think of it at all- it is an oddity. It almost seems like a glitch or a weird lighting effect.

I want a pimp suit for Dedede.
You know, they might actually be able to do that as a color swap. Deck him out in some purple with white cuffs. They'd have to do something about the odd belt thing. Give it a cooler pattern or something. He already has the stick and the robe though.

Its frustrating that originally people actually made us think that threre were REAL alternate costumes and not just color swaps.....Because oh yea, thats a dixie costume alright.........
Well, here's the thing- if you change the actual shape of the character by much at all because of changing his/her costume, you have to reprogram the character's collision detection (the set boundaries for where they can hit or be hit), so every change they make has to be minute.
It seems like the alternative costumes we're getting are the best they can do without actually making a character different to play depending on the costume. Diddy can't have hair for this reason. Link can't have armor that makes him slightly larger for this reason. Costumes need to only be a change of aesthetic, not how you play them.
It does kinda look like they have changed some of the character models a tiny bit- in places that they won't have to reprogram the collision detection. The pictures are too blurry to really tell now, but look at the difference between 'Wolf''s chest and Fox's. Fox has a jacket. 'Wolf 'has what looks to be an almost armor-like thing, with an X shape going down the front (probably ammunition?).
I think they're trying to give us as close to legitimate alt costumes as they can. They just have some things to work around.

QFT! Some people have argued before that the colours represent team colours for team battles. Okay, that makes sense for Red, Green, and Blue, but why does this game opt to then go for other colours that make no connection to the actual series, AKA Purple Link, White Donkey Kong, Green Samus. I'd rather them have the 3 colour changes then retro references rather than 6 costumes of different colour..
I assume that for many characters, there simply isn't enough history to fall back on as far as different appearances, so they have to make some up for the sake of diversity. I mean, are there really 6 different Donkey Kong looks that could count as being varying colors? How many times have you seen Zamus... aside from the bikini endings? (I kinda doubt they'd do that - too much sex appeal, but it'd be interesting as an unlockable.) And Pit and Ice Climbers... with only one game under their belts, they have to be completely made up.
I'd have them make up retro references and team colors, then filler to increase selection if there's not enough diversity of costumes. And that's what it seems like they're doing.
Where'd you see purple Link? I can argue for every one of his colors on the basis that they are allusions.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Is this a costume?
I hope so- the Light Suit is my most desired Samus costume.
I haven't seen it in a video yet, but we don't have all of her suits listed/discovered, so it's still possible. Even if we did have them all though (assuming there are 6 and this isn't one of them), we wouldn't be able to say for sure if it wasn't in the game until the game comes out and is thoroughly explored.

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Dude, that Fusion suit for Samus made my day, along with Fire Mario and Dixie Diddy. Like someone said earlier, I hope they'll include the yellow costumes from DKC. The only thing disapointing was Mario not having a Dr. Mario outfit...

I wonder what Snake's costumes will be...

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
There's no one that went to E for all and played with Samus and looked threw the costumes?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
There's no one that went to E for all and played with Samus and looked threw the costumes?
All her costumes are posted in the Samus thread
The Official Samus thread (found via the Character Index Thread) and the thread "Samus' Suits ( a list of all 7 confirmed recolors!)" don't have anything posted in addition to what is on this thread, except that 'Hugs' (a person's handle/name) apparently has confirmed (in word but not pictures) the return of the green suit.
They have two pictures of the Dark Suit, one of which they're saying 'might be the Phazon Suit', but isn't. So there's no new information there.
Basically it looks like Samus will have the standard Varia suit, the original pink Varia suit, the Fusion suit, the Gravity suit, the Dark suit, and a green suit. 6 costumes, just like the maximum we've seen so far for any other character.
If you're talking about a different thread that has the Samus costumes posted, please link me there, 'cause "the Samus thread" is a little vague. ;)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
To stay on topic: Nice thread. I really needed this!!
first: thanks.
second: just to inform- you can edit your post by clicking the Edit button underneath it. This way you can prevent double posting and help keep the forums a little cleaner. If it refuses to re-accept your edited post (it's done this to me), copy your post, hit Go Advanced, and (if you need to) paste your post. Then, of course, hit Submit Reply. For some reason it works better from the advanced screen.
This always reminds me of the movie I,Robot.
(sigh) That's pretty much the coolest Samus ever to me. If the cap is set at 6 costumes per character and there aren't any unlockable costumes, it won't be in though. :/

supermarioshell

Smash Apprentice
first: thanks.
second: just to inform- you can edit your post by clicking the Edit button underneath it. This way you can prevent double posting and help keep the forums a little cleaner. If it refuses to re-accept your edited post (it's done this to me), copy your post, hit Go Advanced, and (if you need to) paste your post. Then, of course, hit Submit Reply. For some reason it works better from the advanced screen.
long phrases hurt my brain, BTW.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Guys, remember that the game may not be finished yet and so the alternate costumes may also be incomplete. That includes Dixie's lack of hair and the confusion with Sonic.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I will do very bad things to Sakurai if he really does make Shadow an alternate skin.

Shadow = Emo Sonic.

Emo = Annoying.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I will do very bad things to Sakurai if he really does make Shadow an alternate skin.

Shadow = Emo Sonic.

Emo = Annoying.
Shadow wasn't that bad until his game came out, then he became a whinebag. I liked him cause he added a nice tint or realism to the games, which is okay so long as he never became a centric focus.
Then his game came out, and it was so terrible I lost all my interest in Sonic at the spot. I seriously laughed when I heard he was using a gun because I thought it was some sort of sick joke.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My problem with Shadow what he brought to the series wasn't really needed in the series in the first place. None of the recent developed characters bring anything to the series that wasn't already there. I wish we could go back to the old days where it was just Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, Knuckles and Amy.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
My problem with Shadow what he brought to the series wasn't really needed in the series in the first place. None of the recent developed characters bring anything to the series that wasn't already there. I wish we could go back to the old days where it was just Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, Knuckles and Amy.
Maybe it wasn't needed, but I still found it nice to have it around, so long as not make it a centric focus, which is what went wrong. I think Shadow was alright in Heroes, when he wasn't going "Maria" every three seconds. SEGA even had to go around and unnecessarily add the Black Arms (what the **** was up with that, anyway?) to add even more drama, which was completely ridiculous. It was some ****ty attempt to attract Americans which prefer the first person shooter genres, but like hell they're going to touch something that has a character inspired from Micky ****ing Mouse. Seriously, it just wtfed everyone.

I didn't hang around Sonic much after that game, but the few more I did play almost always involved T3H OOLTIMAT BATL 4 TEH OOLTIMAT LAIF4M STATUS (Now with 70% more angst) in one way or the other. It's a shame, because I thought Sonic Rush was a great game, but it's timing sucked.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Some more good Bowser screens[/IMG]
Thank you again.
Have new videos come out since it died down after E for All or something?

Guys, remember that the game may not be finished yet and so the alternate costumes may also be incomplete. That includes Dixie's lack of hair and the confusion with Sonic.
I certainly hope so. Bowser changing only hair colors isn't all that cool either.

I like your current signature by the way.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I played and beat Shadow the Hedgehog.

Glitches aside, I had fun with that game. And I LOVED the ending.

So what if it's not your typical "happy" Sonic game? There are some games out there with a sad kinda ending. (Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush, Secret Rings kinda...)

And I actually got to ACCEPT Shadow after his game. I hope he's represented through a costume (that won't hurt anyone). Would be the only "interesting" color swap they gave him...

Come on.... yellow shoes??? Sakurai, you can do better than that...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think the reason for Sonic mostly only having his cuffs and shoes change color is due to the rights to his design being owned by Sega, and they not allowing Nintendo to alter his design very drasticly. Sonic is known for being blue, afterall. I'm glad one of his color changes is to orange cuffs and shoes. Blue and orange are my favorite colors!

courte

Smash Lord
All I need is my Green Jack, Black Pants, Red Boots... and a whole lotta blaster loving. - Fox McCorklestein

lol

I come to you today... because I have an idea. A concept. And because I found the search results unsatisfactory.

In my Survival Mode Thread, I had offered up the suggestion of alternate costumes unlockable via certain method. I'd link it so that you could see, but i'm not one for shameless self promotion.

i present another idea to make the real you stand out in Smash Brothers. I would appreciate it if you would NOT post any of the following, as i have it well within my mind that these following statements are quite true, while a few are simply not needed:

"They would never do that"
"That's Stupid"
"That's too much work"
"Something about cell shading"
"Lame"
"Post=Epic Fail"
"Those games had that because"
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

And one I know will appear regardless, many times. "Sakurai said you don't buy stuff with items."
Any post like the ones listed above might as well be PM's

YES. And I know thiss, mannnn!

Names = Customize your Chars.
I know it would be very unlike Smash, but what i've you could have your profile act similar to arcade fighting games. As introduced in Virtua Fighter 4 and also implemented into Tekken 5, using your prize money, you would purchase from a small selection, a special trinket or color or even hairstyle to modify your character. Depending on the character it would vary of three different categories.
Ex. Mario
Glove- Designs or Colors
Shoes- Designs or Colors
Buttons- Colors

Just one possible example I literally just pulled out of my bangers and mash.

Perhpas for
Pikachu
Collar W/ Item (Pokeball, Potion, Psyduck)
Paw Prints
Designs for Paws, Tails, or Ears

Link
Gauntlet Style and Color
Different Shiny Belts
Different Swords or Sheaths

I know you all will share your flames anyway--let me dance in hell and if such a thread already exist please point me that way

Top Bottom