• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Colors thread (w high res pics of all colors for every character!)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
If you like the thread, please bump it by posting what your favorite costumes are (or anything, really).
It will get lost in hyperspace without your love.

The first post of this thread is spoiler-safe; only the starting roster will be shown.
Hidden characters are shown on the second post. I'll give you warning before you get that far down, just in case you don't want to see them.

These are All of the costumes/colors in Brawl unless there are unlockable costumes. I've arranged them with Red, Green, and Blue (Team colors) on the left-hand side. White and Black are on the right-hand side, but not every character has these colors.
You'll notice quite a bit of color cohesion. A mixture of this and the angle of the pictures make this a bit disorienting. I apologize. After I get my copy of the game, I may fix this.

Also, you can jump to a character's profile on the Dojo!! (if they've been placed up there) by clicking the character's name.

Costume origins will be added in due time. Feel free to submit your knowledge.

Mario: Mario, Peach, Bowser

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Yoshi

Wario

Zelda: Link, Zelda and Sheik

Metroid: Samus, Zero Suit Samus

from left to right: (click on colors to be linked to their originating videos)
light purple, green, black, pink, and standard blue

As you'd imagine, her costumes correlate pretty well with the armored versions, with exception of her standard colors.
Zamus becomes black and white out of the Dark/brown costume, green out of the green costume, blue out of the standard orange costume, pink out of the pink/original Varia costume, purple out of the purple/Gravity costume.

Fusion Zero-Suit Samus is a darker blue from the standard suit. I apologize for its absence. but I will post it soon.

thanks to Zero-Suit Samus - Alternate Colors thread for the video links

Kid Icarus: Pit

Ice Climbers

Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

Pikmin: Olimar

Starfox: Fox

Pokemon: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer

Fire Emblem: Ike

Earthbound/Mother: Lucas

WARNING! HIDDEN CHARACTERS BELOW.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
SPOILERS!!! HIDDEN CHARACTERS BELOW!!! DO NOT LOOK!

well, it was an honest try.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic

Mario: Luigi

Zelda: Ganondorf, Toon Link

Gyromite: R.O.B.

Starfox: Falco, Wolf

F-Zero: Captain Falcon

Pokemon: Lucario, Jigglypuff

Fire Emblem: Marth

Earthbound/Mother: Ness

Game and Watch

-Credits-
All pictures with the exception of Zero-Suit Samus were taken from this (linked) youtube video.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Does Fox indeed have an eyepatch on his right (to us, left) eye? I can't tell.
That's also a better pic of white Metaknight.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i understand that this is not an exhausted list, but why does it seem that some characters have more costumes than others? for instance, Link has seven costumes (Green, Red, Blue, White, Purple, Gold, Black), while characters like Samus and Mario have only been clocked at having six. i find it hard to believe that some characters have more costumes than others, and i find it equally hard to believe that some costumes were left out for the demo. are people just forgetting about some or what?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI_ZUD_GpEo a pit costume at the beginning I think it's gold
Good catch.

i understand that this is not an exhausted list, but why does it seem that some characters have more costumes than others? for instance, Link has seven costumes (Green, Red, Blue, White, Purple, Gold, Black), while characters like Samus and Mario have only been clocked at having six. i find it hard to believe that some characters have more costumes than others, and i find it equally hard to believe that some costumes were left out for the demo. are people just forgetting about some or what?
If you could link me to a video of Link's or Samus', that'd be great.
I'm fairly sure I have all of Mario's and Yoshi's costumes from the demo (I think I watched someone cycle through back to the original), and I can't tell you why some may have more than others. That happened in Melee too though- think Pikachu. He had four costumes- normal, Ash hat, wizard hat, and the green hat. Mario had five costumes- normal, green, yellow, black and white, and jumpman. So I don't know why they do that (limited inspiration?), but you shouldn't find it hard to believe.
I don't find it hard to believe that costumes were left out for the demo either. It's possible they have some really fun ones to unlock this time around, or they simply don't want to let us see red Sonic yet.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Here are some that I caught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU at 8:44

Dark Samus. Although it kind of looks like Ganondorf, but the portrait at the bottom proves it's Samus. Coolios!

Here are two alt colors for Sonic. A somewhat darker blue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU

At the beginning of that video you can see two Sonic's going at it. What's interesting is that on the little image at the bottom, you can notice the slight difference of hue between the two. That's the only way you could probably tell them apart. However, I saw this next video too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caR_UwlZXjs

Look at it around 50 secs to see a black Sonic.

What I don't understand is how come the portrait for black Sonic isn't black? You can see Sonic in a ball above Ike there. The other pic is just zoomed in with the clearest shot from that video. Now look at his portrait! It looks like just regular ol' Sonic. Now, I don't think it's a hoax, so I was thinking perhaps it was an item? What item turns you black? Even Dark Link's portrait is different, but Sonic's is the same as normal. Perhaps it's just the glare of the screen making it look blue. Compared to the pic above, that Sonic portrait is darker... maybe...

I was hoping that Sonic would have better colors to choose from, and black would do it for me (not just different hues of blue).

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Here are some that I caught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU at 8:44

Dark Samus. Although it kind of looks like Ganondorf, but the portrait at the bottom proves it's Samus. Coolios!

Dark Samus is blue. what you have found, my good man, is the Phazon Suit. good find.

EDIT: that may actually be the Dark Suit. i heard both were in, but this one looks a little more brown than the Phazon suit.

METROID MAN

Smash Journeyman
You guys forgot some.. in one vid it is very clear samus is wearing the FUSION suit.. very epic.. and also that was gravity suit samus, and a phazon suit... Hopefully we get the ped suit. I dont think we will get dark samus suit, because the character is too different, but we may see her as a boss.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I remember what you're talking about. With the fusion suit. I went through all the videos on the OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY VID TOPIC!, but didn't see it the second time around, so I don't know where it is. Perhaps it's there and I missed it. I'm not sure.

If you happen to come upon it again though, do drop me a link here and I'll gladly add it.

Edit: strike that. I found it. It'll be uploaded, with a few more shortly.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I remember what you're talking about. With the fusion suit. I went through all the videos on the OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY VID TOPIC!, but didn't see it the second time around, so I don't know where it is. Perhaps it's there and I missed it. I'm not sure.

If you happen to come upon it again though, do drop me a link here and I'll gladly add it.
i've compiled a list of Samus's costumes here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121854

i'm missing photos for 3 of her costumes, but take from it what you need.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Link doesn't have a light blue tunic

i think that was white

his tunics are
Green,Blue,Red,Purple,White,Gold,and Dark link

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I think the white/light-blue tunic is actually supposed to be blue and not white.
I take that notion from the first Legend of Zelda for NES, in which you pick up the Blue Ring and turn (seemingly) white. I'm pretty sure that costume hails back to those days. It's a mixture of the two.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
egruntz said these where all his costumes sense he went to E for all
and played with Link i'm going by what he said

Is he wrong? :ohwell:

0. Green
1. Red
2. Blue
3. White
4. Purple
5. Yellow
6. Shadow Link / Black

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
i was discussing this with my friend and he told me the idea of a dark link in brawl and before i found this thread i was looking at game play videos and i saw a dark link. he looks so good. gold shell bowser looks great. is he from any game?

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I would believe 7 costumes, but I think evidence points more towards 6.

We know there's red, green, blue, yellow/gold, white, and black/dark. There's also pink variations, which aren't part of the red group, but may be part of the white group. Or maybe pink has it's own separate color, and there's a White Yoshi out there?

EDIT: Here are some larger variation I posted last night

[yellow + regular]

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think what i said is all of Links costumes

sense i got from the guy that went and played with Link

I don't know why they didn't give yoshi his Black & White costumes

those where the coolest to me maybe they could be unlockable

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing that his dark blue is his dark/black color change, and pink is his white color change.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
doesn't Meta Knight have a gold costume floating around somewhere? that would bring him to 7 as well, along with Samus and Link.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that just the brown suit from melee?

The phazon suit is black/Grey with a Red visor

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
doesn't Meta Knight have a gold costume floating around somewhere? that would bring him to 7 as well, along with Samus and Link.
Are you talking about the Metaknight color from this Metaknight x2, Mario, & Pikachu video? He's white and gold.

Phazon Suit:(?)
also, ZSS DOES change color. with this suit, ZSS is black and white:
Awesome. Thanks.
I wonder which suit black and white Zamus came from? I've seen lots of vids of her from standard and fusion suits and she remained blue.

Isn't that just the brown suit from melee?
The phazon suit is black/Grey with a Red visor
That's what it seems like to me, but people keep calling it the Phazon suit, so I'm just sticking in slashes... if I just call it "Brown" or "Dark", people will argue.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Black/White ZSS came from that suit that we're dubbing the Phazon suit. it's the only one where i've seen her change color.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
The suit in the pic is glowing isn't it

now that i look at it it doesn't look brown

more like the red on suit and on top part of the suit like the shoulders are black

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Peach recolors, white, Daisy, red, and blue.

Sonic (from the 4 Sonic Battle video)

It's weird, the first picture makes out the left-most Sonic to be black, but in the shot of all four, he looks more dark-blue.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Peach recolors, white, Daisy, red, and blue.

It's weird, the first picture makes out the left-most Sonic to be black, but in the shot of all four, he looks more dark-blue.
White Peach being added. :)

That is strange about dark Sonic. In the Fire Emblem stage he is seemingly black. It's not just the lighting- it seems his moves (such as the spinning ball) is still blue. I wonder if they aren't quite finished with him or if that's how he'll be? Black when stagnant/running/etc, blue everywhere else- character icon, special moves, end of battle scene...

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
More pictures!

DK: regular, black, blue, green, white, purple.

Link: regular green, red, blue, white, yellow/gold, Dark Link.

Top Bottom